Tax Preparation Service in Denver, Colorado

Boxelder Consulting began in 2015 and was born out of Dave Weishaus and Tom Conradt’s vision of transparent, comprehensive, and affordable tax relief for individuals looking for a fresh financial start. Falling into tax debt can happen to anyone. Time and time again, we’ve seen clients from all walks of life get stuck in the maddening web of tax liabilities spun by the Internal Revenue Service.

Battling the system alone is a burden that can cause feelings of extreme anxiety, hopelessness, and frustration for even the most strong-willed individual. Fortunately, with the right representation, untangling oneself from this type of a discouraging situation is possible. Here at Boxelder Consulting, our goal is to address your tax problems in a straightforward and comprehensive manner so that they do not repeat themselves. Our full-service tax resolution, accounting, and business consulting departments make Boxelder Consulting a one-stop-shop for a long-term resolution. During your initial consultation, the Boxelder Consulting team will speak to you as much about your current year as they will your past to ensure you do not repeat the same mistakes that originally put you in a pickle. Often, we save clients as much money via our accounting and business consulting solutions as we do on penalty abatement and existing tax problems. This unique structure is what differentiates Boxelder from the other tax relief firms who put a temporary band-aid on your tax problem. Representing clients in all fifty states, Boxelder Consulting’s licensed professionals and client-centric approach have given real, permanent solutions to thousands of taxpayers in need of help. You can feel confident our team will work tirelessly on your behalf to get your business and life back on the fast-track to freedom from tax debt – so you can focus on the things in life that matter most. With an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, Boxelder Consulting’s results speak for themselves.

Denver, CO
  • 1325 S Colorado Blvd, B606
    Denver, CO 80222

• Tax Preparation
  • Payroll Processing
  • Bookkeeping

Accounting Services for Activity Center

"Their customer relations skills need much improvement."

January 2020

Boxelder Consulting & Tax Relief was hired to resolve back tax issues for a children's activity center.

Sunnyvale, California
President, Activities Center

The client found Boxelder Consulting & Tax Relief increasingly unprofessional and difficult to work with over time. While the team showed a high degree of industry knowledge and responsiveness, highly-charged conversations caused the partnership to end earlier than expected.

It's a children's activity center located in Sunnyvale, CA. We provide recreational and entertainment for kids ages 18 months to 18 years of age. I am the President.

For what projects/services did your company hire Boxelder Consulting & Tax Relief?

Our company ran into some back tax issues in 2016 after a forced move from a location that our business was located at for over 30 years. We moved to a new market and began from scratch. We hired Boxelder Consulting through their associate Bench Bookkeeping.

What were your goals for this engagement?

Our goal was to have Boxelder as our representative when working with the IRS.

They were recommended by Bench Bookkeeping.

Describe the engagement in detail.

I spoke to Tom Conradt. He is one of the founders of Boxelder Consulting and he sold me on their services and what they could do for us.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

They required a retainer for their services like any Tax Attorney would.

Tom Conradt and Kasey Riddle were my contacts.

Can you share any outcomes from the engagement that demonstrate progress or success?

Tom Conradt was very condescending in his approach when we were attempting to solve a miscommunication between Bench Tax and Boxelder Consulting. I would not recommend working with him. I’m not a tax attorney, but I did receive my degree in Economics from UC Berkeley and currently have 24 employees under my care. I’m an intelligent person, but my knowledge in tax resolution is limited and rightly so. It’s not my field of expertise.

I was looking for guidance through a miscommunication between Bench Tax and Boxelder and was responded to in rude and condescending way. When I requested another Associate, Boxelder dropped my case entirely and without much thought before doing so. That should be a huge red flag for any potential client. I’m not certain about the professional habits of the other employees, so I’ll yield judgement. Boxelder might be a great firm, but I’ll never know because my experience with Tom Conradt was not a professional one. I think that he has to realize that clients are paying him for his services and deserve to be treated in a more tactful way, regardless of the money that he believes we are wasting by putting him “On the Clock”. That’s what we pay him for. His in-depth counsel.

Boxelder might be a good fit for some, but Tom Conradt is not easy to work with. If he approaches you for your business, I’d be cautious. There’s also this: https://www.wsj.com/articles/twist-in-an-insider-trading-case-1463352330

It was fine at the beginning, but when there were miscommunications between myself, Bench, and Boxelder, Tom became very unprofessional and short. He has a very short temper.

Nothing. Tom is a great salesman as I believe that he was a former Stockbroker.

Their customer relations skills need much improvement. He must understand that his customers pay him and deserve a little professional as his field is not our field and we go to him for his expertise.

0.5
Overall Score The company took our retainer money, didn't provide much service, and dropped us as a client when we requested to work with another associate.
    On that note, they always answered my emails and phone calls when I called. It was the way they communicate that needs much improvement.
    Tome didn't do much work and denied the refund of our retainer when we requested it back. He really didn't do much to help our situation.
    Unprofessional and their responses came from emotions. That's a very big red flag for Accountants and Tax Attorneys
    Absolutely not. I don't believe that clients should be treated in the way that Tom treated us.