Web Design Company + Strategic Digital Agency

Bowen is an award-winning, New York-based web design and digital marketing agency that partners with businesses to create powerful, enduring results. We combine exceptional artistry and sharpened strategy to provide our clients with unparalleled value.

We offer a wide variety of specialized services to meet your business needs, including custom web design, e-commerce, website application development, logo design/branding, search engine optimization, managed PPC campaigns, and web consulting.

2004
    295 Madison Ave 12th Floor
    New York, NY 10017
    516.308.3539

Web Development Legal Services Startup

"They’re very good at staying ahead of the curve in terms of the look and feel of the site, so it doesn’t have a jaded or boring look. They have a very good sense of colors, fonts, and design."

The client is a startup whose goal is to disrupt how the legal industry schedules depositions. Bowen Media assisted with the ideation and fully handled the design and development of the project. Their work began in the summer of 2014 and wrapped up the following February.

New York City
Founder, axiausa.net

The client is highly satisfied with the work provided by Bowen Media. The client was impressed with Bowen's skills in both the design and development of the project. The client felt that Bowen Media had a good pulse on the latest trends in the tech industry and he was very appreciative of that. Bowen Media is highly recommended to others.

Please provide a description of your company.

I've created a Web-based program to allow law firms and insurance companies to purchase litigation support services online.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m an attorney by day. I started this as a nights and weekends project.

What was your goal in working with Bowen Media?

I needed a fully functioning website, but I don't have a technical background, so I needed them to do everything.

Bowen Media started on the ground floor in developing this program. So, we worked jointly in putting together the idea. We then did the wireframes together, and they started coding the program. Now, on the back-end, they’re going to be providing support for the program.

What was your process in selecting Bowen Media with which to work?

We contacted Launchpad Long Island, which is an incubator of small businesses and startups. Bowen Media was one of those startups. We have a relationship with Launchpad Long Island, so they were good enough to point us in the direction of Bowen Media. We interviewed several companies and reviewed their proposals. Ultimately, we felt that Bowen Media fit the bill for two reasons. They understood what we were looking to do, and they were local.

I can't disclose that information, but their pricing was fair.

What was the timeline of the project?

The project started in the summer of 2014, and the program was up and running sometime in late February 2015.

Can you talk about the results of the project and how you feel they performed in terms of the quality of the work?

Bowen Media originally set a very tight time schedule, which I thought was a bit aggressive and even unrealistic on Bowen’s part. I thought the project would take longer because it wasn’t as if they were copying something else that already existed. Although a lot of the things that they used were generally available, they needed to develop an understanding of law firm litigation support services and translate that understanding to make it work in an electronic age. So, they needed a little bit of ramping up to gain that understanding.

Ultimately, even though they didn’t meet their own deadline, from my perspective they did just fine. They spent the time to comprehend what we were doing. So, at the end of this process, they are just as versed as we are in how litigation support services are to be delivered.

Is there anything unique about Bowen Media that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

They’re very good at staying ahead of the curve in terms of how the look and feel of the site should be, so it doesn’t have a jaded or boring look. They have a very good sense of colors, fonts, and design. They know what’s developing now and what’s kind of been overdone. So, when they’re designing your Web page, you’re not just getting a flat-looking package. You’re getting something that feels like it’s three-dimensional.

No. I think they’ve done a very good job in terms of managing their time and getting things done. The schedule wasn’t as they proposed, but I never realistically expected them to meet their original aggressive deadline.

Pizzeria Chain Website Design

"From hosting the website to registering the domain names, they made life easy for us."

July 2014 - Jan. 2015

Bowen Media took a pizzeria chain from a clunky old website to a sleek, modern platform for online ordering and menu display. Other features: catering info, coupons, gift card purchasing, and employment forms.

Owner, Mario Pizzeria

Initial feedback has been very positive: the ordering system is user-friendly and people are using the job application forms. Bowen Media was a full-service agency, handling everything from hiring the right photographer to keeping project management on track. They were professional in every way.

Please describe your company.

We’re a neighborhood pizzeria, and we like to consider ourselves a quick service restaurant. My father and his brothers started the original location in 1969. They’re still active in the business, but their sons and my cousins operate the stores on a day-to-day basis.

There are seven locations now, we all have very similar menus. Some are different based on different demographics of where the store is located, but we like to keep things similar when possible. We’re located in Nassau County, Long Island, and we’re pretty much all around the county, so we have pretty good name recognition at this point.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am owner of some of the restaurants.

What was your goal for working with Bowen Media?

We had an old website that wasn't modern or effective, so Bowen Media helped us put together a beautiful new site. We do a lot of Web ordering directly. We’ve been doing it for almost 10 years now.

We’ve seen an increase in Web ordering every month but, in order to process an order online, the customer had to go through our outdated website built in 2000. We wanted a nice site that was simple, told people about us, and listed our different locations with a menu.

We put together a brand new, state of the art website that’s mobile friendly. We now have a catering page where people can email us about certain parties and events because we love doing catering. We put together an employment form to try to find employees. We are selling our gift cards on the site. There are about a dozen new benefits that we’re receiving from the new site.

What was your process for selecting Bowen Media with which to work?

They were referred to me by another restaurant business that I’m friendly with. We saw his site and we loved it. It was cutting edge. There are five business owners of Mario’s who each own separate locations, so one member from each brought a couple of different website companies to a meeting, and we narrowed it down. Bowen was the company that we decided to go with based on previous work and a recommendation from the other restaurant owner.

It was less than $10,000.

When was the project completed?

This project was completed in the first half of January 2015.

What were the results of the project?

It’s still very early and hard to measure results. Dan Bowen [the CEO of Bowen Media] is very hands on, so he texted me that we would receive monthly reports, which I’m looking forward to seeing, to see the actual results, and to see how many page views and clicks we’re getting. From what I understand, he said that we had 30,000 page views last month, so that was exciting.

Feedback from customers has been great and online customers love our ordering system. Customers are able to print coupons on the website, so we’ve gotten compliments on that. I’ve gotten some feedback about catering through that, and I found a few job applications, some employment forms filled out from the PDF that we have on the menu. It’s still very early on, but everything’s pointing in the right directions, I think our partnership with Bowen Media is going to be successful.

They were extremely professional, they were very responsive, and they moved at a great pace. The project in total took about six months, but we had seven different stores having to agree on designs and everything. So, if anything, the holdup was on our end.

They worked with Basecamp. That project management tool really made it easy for everyone to be able to respond and be on the same page. They had a separate Web designer that would contact us, they would meet with us whenever we needed to, they had their own photographer, and they recommended a freelance writer.

I wouldn’t know where to start. With hiring the right photographer and all the smaller tasks, they’re a full-service company where they handled it from soup to nuts. From hosting the website to registering the domain names, they made life easy for us. Operating busy restaurants, I didn’t have time to do all that on my own.

No. I don’t think so. I think they were very competent. They handled it exactly as I’d hoped they would.

What advice would you give to a future client of theirs?

If you have a goal in mind for what you want your website to do, just stay organized and they can take you there. At first, I was overwhelmed with all the stuff I had to do, but they walked us through the whole process.

Web Design for Consulting Firm

"Their customer relations and management are outstanding. They [Bowen Media] have a great combination of high quality, great designers, and great people skills."

May - Nov. 2014

Bowen Media provided development, content organization, SEO, and website design services as the client redid their site and migrated to the WordPress platform.

Tanya Bissell
Director of Marketing, Roux Associates

Bowen Media delivered a high quality website that receives more traffic and better search rankings than the client’s previous iteration. The design of the website is visually appealing and it receives great feedback. Bowen Media is recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

We’re an environmental consulting and management firm. Our headquarters are in Long Island, N.Y. We have six offices nationwide and more than 250 employees.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the director of marketing.

What was your goal in working with Bowen Media?

When I came on board our website was in Drupal format, and it was a mess. I hired a company out of Colorado to redo the website but they dropped the ball too many times. I hired another company, but after they revised the site, they disappeared. At that point, I decided to go with WordPress because I was more familiar with it and could do my own updates. Drupal wasn’t really right for us anyway.

I had the content already, and Bowen Media did everything else. They did the development, organized the content, and recreated the whole website. We’re now in the second phase of doing SEO [search engine optimization] because I need to increase the hits to our site, and they are handling that as well.

What was your process for selecting Bowen Media with which to work?

I sent a proposal to Bowen Media, and they turned it around within one or two days. I told them what I needed and how quickly I needed it, and they stepped up to the challenge.

We’ve spent between $16,000 and $20,000 working with Bowen Media.

What were the results of the project?

We started working with Bowen Media in May 2014, and the site launched in November.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I use a marketing platform for metrics. When we launched in November, we were at about 30,000 before the end of the year. We’re just doing so much better now because it’s indexed correctly. So, even without the SEO, we’ve already increased about 15 percent.

How satisfied are you with the work of Bowen Media?

I’m very satisfied. They heard what I wanted, they made suggestions, and they partnered with me. After the launch, they trained us. They constantly provide support for us. I don’t look at them as a vendor. I look at them as a partner. We share the same goals and challenges.

As far as the site is concerned, the design is beautiful. It’s exactly what I wanted, and it’s bright and modern. The feedback I’m getting from everyone in the company is nothing but positive. Clients also love it, and now the business development people are using it as a tool when they go out on calls because it’s so easy to manage. It loads correctly, it looks good, and it has a very professional feel.

Is there anything unique about Bowden Media that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

Their customer relations and management are outstanding. They have a great combination of high quality, great designers, and great people skills. A lot of other companies have great designers, but don’t have the discipline; they miss deadlines or fade away. Bowen has the business aspect of their work down, and they have that combination of quality and creative design. They’re a young company, very smart, very innovative, extremely professional, and very passionate. They’re a fabulous partner, and I want to stay with them forever.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

Be prepared to work hard, because they will keep you on track. They’re a very young company, so their image is young and hip; kind of Bohemian. But that has nothing to do with their professionalism. If you agree on deadlines, they will make sure you keep them. Trust them, because they know what they’re doing. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. They’re great at explaining things.

There’s no weakness. I can’t think of anything.

I’ve done that already.

Web Design for ProSeeder Technologies

"I would certainly encourage them to work with Bowen Media since my experience with them has been nothing but positive."

Bowen Media provided a variety of services for the client including web design and development, marketing materials creation, and ongoing support.

Ramy Farid
VP of Client Services, ProSeeder Technologies

Bowen Media produced excellent results for the client. The agency went beyond simply fulfilling requests and successfully made suggestions and provided feedback. The client praises Bowen Media for their responsiveness and recommends them to others.

Please describe your company.

We create private platforms for the security marketplace. We have offices in Manhattan and Long Island.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the vice president for client services.

What was your goal in working with Bowen Media?

We needed to create a new website. Our old site wasn’t modern enough. We also needed some help with our marketing materials.

They provided full design, development, and marketing material for the website. They also helped with individual marketing initiatives, ongoing training, and ongoing support.

What was your process for selecting Bowen Media with which to work?

Through referrals and online research, we narrowed our alternatives down to five or six providers. After interviewing Bowen Media, we felt that they could meet all of our needs. They seemed professional and their catalog of past work was impressive, so they seemed like the right choice.

We’ve spent somewhere between $10,000 and $50,000 in working with Bowen Media.

How satisfied are you with the work that Bowen Media has done for you?

Overall, we’re very happy with the results. We continue to make changes based on our needs, and they are very responsive and professional about making those changes. We haven’t had any problems in our experience with them. The relationship is ongoing, and it’s going well.

They provided us with a lot of feedback. We had lots of ideas, and they have so much experience that they could tell us about some pitfalls we might encounter by taking a certain approach. They weren’t just listening to what we wanted and agreeing with us, but they were a big part of the decision-making process.

No. There is nothing that I really can identify.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

I would certainly encourage them to work with Bowen Media since my experience with them has been nothing but positive. It seems like they’re growing and extending their reach, so things are only going to keep getting better. Also, I would suggest that if prospective clients were to look around at other providers, they would see pretty quickly how Bowen Media stands out from the others.

I do it all the time.

Web Design for Financial Services Company

" I think they’re very talented, they [Bowen Media] have a good eye for design, and they know what the public is looking for in a website."

Feb. 2014 - Jan. 2015

The client partnered with Bowen Media for the purpose of completely redesigning their website. The project required the agency to create a new logo and tagline, as well.

President, Financial Services Company

Bowen Media contributed to a great new website that boasts an effective mixture of humor, visual appeal, and strong branding. The client praises the agency’s work throughout the project and highly recommends Bowen Media to others.

Please describe your company.

We’re located in Mineola, N.Y., and we have been in business for three years. We help small business owners gain clarity around their financial statements and help them manage their businesses.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the chief executive officer, president, and founder.

What was your goal in working with Bowen Media?

My previous website wasn’t very good and needed to be completely redone.

They created a beautiful logo and website, and they even came up with a tagline.

What was your process for selecting Bowen Media with which to work?

I found them because we both had an office in the same building, and so I started talking to them. I was very impressed with their intelligence. Not only are they creative, but also they’re very smart people who understand business. I also saw some of the websites they did, and I thought they were remarkable.

I’ve spent about $3,000 with Bowen Media.

What were the results of the project?

We started working together in February 2014, and the site launched a month ago. I am very satisfied. They built me an incredible website. People love it. It’s cute and it’s funny, but it sends a very strong message. I feel very confident that the website and platform will be instrumental in helping me acquire more customers. I now have the tools I need to move to the next phase of my business and expand my marketing.

They really care about your business. They’ve demonstrated to me how much they care. I think they’re very talented, they have a good eye for design, and they know what the public is looking for in a website. They’re smart business people as well. They know my target audience, and they developed my site with that in mind.

I’ve already done that.