Your Trusted Technology Partners

We are in the business of offering expert software engineering and development services for bespoke applications.

BoTree works with companies as small as a 2 person startup to large Fortune 500 companies. Since inception in 2013, BoTree has worked with clients across the US, EU, UK, Singapore, Japan, and Australia.

A team with a strong focus on Quality, BoTree has successfully built and delivered applications in domains like

1. Marketing and Advertising

Core expertise:

1. Ruby on Rails/Spree Commerce/Shopify
  2. Python/Django
  3. Machine Learning, AI and Chatbots
  4. Front end development (AngularJS and ReactJS)
  5. Mobile Application Development using React Native
  6. RPA using UiPath(Advanced Certified), Automation Anywhere, and Blue Prism

The core team at BoTree has a combined experience of over 5 decades. We have developed and improved upon processes to ensure high quality and on-time delivery every time.

With a strong sense of ownership and providing customer satisfaction, BoTree has surpassed expectations of almost all its clients.

We are looking for interesting business challenges. Do you have one for us? Let's talk.

Ahmedabad, India
  • FF – 1,2, JBR Arcade, Science City Road, Sola
    Ahmedabad, GJ 380060

E-commerce Integrations for Software & Services Company

“Their team includes an impressive range of support.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

BoTree Technologies developed an app to automate e-commerce platform integrations for Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Magento. They used Ruby on Rails and PHP to program the software.

Adelaide, Australia
Tim Campbell
Product Director, Dynamic Creative

BoTree Technologies demonstrated a comprehensive level of skill and knowledge about complex technologies like Ruby on Rails. Leveraging these capabilities, they rapidly produced outstanding deliverables with strong, clean code. They even willingly learned new skills to accommodate client needs.

Dynamic Creative produces services and software for creating ads on Google. We connect e-commerce platforms like Shopify and Magento to Google Ads, Google Merchant Center, and Google Analytics. As the product director, I'm responsible for the technical side of our business including sales, marketing, and our engineering teams.

What challenge were you trying to address with BoTree Technologies?

Until we worked with BoTree Technologies, we had to task our development team with a custom integration every time we connected a new customer.

We engaged BoTree Technologies to create an app that could automate the connections we’d been performing manually for Shopify and BigCommerce. Subsequently, we had them develop similar integrations for additional e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce and Magento. At this stage, we're winding down our engagement. One of their developers is still working on final handover-type tasks.

We’ve been working with a two-person team. Amit (COO and Founder, BoTree Technologies) came onboard with us first. He developed most of the initial Shopify app. After seeing valuable returns, we asked BoTree Technologies to increase their commitment to two developers.

How did you come to work with BoTree Technologies?

We posted an RFP on UpWork. Several development companies submitted responses. We initially engaged two contractors and hoped to integrate them both with our team directly. Ultimately, BoTree Technologies proved to be much more experienced. After judging them capable of leading a team independently, we suggested they take full ownership of the project.

We’ve been working together for about a year and three months so far.

BoTree Technologies produced high caliber work at both the product and code level. We iterated certain aspects of the UI several times until it matched our corporate standards. Aside from that, we've been quite satisfied with the quality of their work. They were highly committed to promptly resolving any defects we found.

We're very appreciative of their willingness to extend vertically into technologies and platforms beyond their core skill set. For example, at one point we needed a platform integration that required PHP development. Neither the COO nor the other developer was a PHP expert. Nonetheless, they were willing to learn whatever was necessary to achieve that small part of the overall project.

How did BoTree Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

As the product owner, I set priorities and scheduled tasks to complete in each sprint. The COO took ownership of the Agile development. He effectively acted as the scrum master for the team of two developers.

I admired BoTree Technologies’ extensive knowledge of Ruby on Rails. Their team includes an impressive range of support. When required, they could call on in-house specialists for help with UX/UI concerns or testing. Recently, they brought in an expert for Windows-based platform development.

When they came back to me with problems, they often could have shown more initiative by proposing solutions. Some of their questions were about trivial matters they probably could have taken ownership of independently. Perhaps this was due to miscommunication. At the start, we should have set appropriate parameters around who was responsible for specific types of decisions.

Based on my observations, the COO is a very experienced developer. I recommend allowing him to inform the scope and exercise leadership in your project, rather than spelling it out or dictating everything upfront.

They committed to delivering on time.

Web Dev & Maintenance for Online Marketplace

“Whenever we need something done, we can generally rely on them to take care of it in a timely fashion.”

2017 - Ongoing

BoTree Technologies provides a wide range of web development services (e.g., custom modules, testing, design implementation) in addition to information management and continued maintenance.

Singapore
Michael Finn
Founder, The Fifth Collection

BoTree’s work on the site has garnered praise for its accuracy and stability. Over the course of the engagement, the team’s responsiveness and result-oriented approach had demonstrated their outstanding integrity. Clear communication and timely delivery have helped them secure continued work.

I'm the founder of an e-commerce platform called The Fifth Collection. We’re an augmented marketplace where people can buy and sell certain secondhand products. Because we deal in high-value products that are often subject to counterfeiting, we serve as intermediaries, overseeing the transactions, payment, logistics, and fulfillment.

What challenge were you trying to address with BoTree Technologies?

We originally developed the platform ourselves but needed additional trustworthy resources for ongoing site maintenance. However, as our needs expanded, we wanted a team that could take over our web development.

Initially, they provided maintenance work and fixed any bugs. However, as our relationship developed beyond upkeep, we’ve outsourced all of our technical and development needs to them. Over the course of the engagement, they built specific customizations, in-app modules, and tests as well as adding features and implementing designs. In certain cases, they also performed information management, helping with the SQL and database queries. Currently, they continue to develop features and customization according to our specs.

We primarily work with two full-time developers.

How did you come to work with BoTree Technologies?

They reached out to us first via email. They were looking for insights into customers using a particular platform that we also used. The email caught our attention because it was so targeted, so we talked with them before signing them on.

Their work began in 2017 and is ongoing.

Based on their software’s performance, accuracy, and reliability, we’ve been happy with their results. In general, there aren’t many bugs nor ongoing performance issues. As a result, our relationship has grown over time, and I think it’ll continue to grow in the future. They’re resourceful, reliable, and responsive.

How did BoTree Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve had a great experience working with them. Whenever we need something done, we can generally rely on them to take care of it in a timely fashion. They even respond outside of office hours. We primarily communicate via phone and use Trello to manage projects.

Beyond their responsiveness, I appreciate their positive attitudes and level of commitment. We also respect their high level of integrity.

No, nothing specific to BoTree Technologies. While there are some challenges that arise from working with a long-distance team, it’s not particularly their fault.

In general, when working with a company long-distance, both sides need to be upfront about expectations and execution.

Software Development for Construction Management Tool

"BoTree Technologies is a fair company, which gives me a great deal of trust in them."

June 2015 - Ongoing

BoTree Technologies took an initial concept through wireframe visualization and development, including backend and external tools.

Portland, Oregon
Co-founder, Construction Management Tool

The project has been flexible on both the client and development side. Although there were minor project management concerns, BoTree Technologies performed well and met deadlines and expectations.

We have developed a productivity tool used by vendors of various types, including small community banks, credit unions and so forth. Up until now, the main users of our tool have been lenders and construction inspectors. My partner in the company has been a construction inspector for around 15 years and has great experience in the industry. Together, we came up with the process of making an antiquated process move more efficiently. I am a co-founder of the company. My main role now is managing communication with BoTree.

What challenge were you trying to address with BoTree Technologies?

We had a well-sketched idea before approaching BoTree Technologies, but we needed help visualizing and developing the tool. An idea in someone's head always sounds simple, but actually executing it and making a real-life product can become complex.

BoTree Technologies created wireframes for our solution, walking us through the initial steps and coming up with the first phase of our idea. We are finishing our third phase of development, so we've accomplished a lot. I worked with a graphic designer on our logo, but BoTree Technologies has been our go-to partner for almost all of the work. The design and layout of our website, as well as the different portals and tools, have all been done by BoTree. We had certain ideas around our look, but the relationship has revolved around us imagining the work and BoTree Technologies executing it. There is quite a bit of functionality within our portal's backend. BoTree Technologies built some external tools, including ones for invoicing customers.

My partner and I are not software developers so, even though we have some technology experience, we've leaned on BoTree Technologies' expertise. There were times when an item was not the team's specialty, but BoTree Technologies has always been great at digging into questions and researching them. If they couldn't do it, BoTree Technologies found a partner who could provide internal consultation. From my perspective, as a customer, BoTree Technologies has been the frontline and the only group to deal with in terms of product development and design.

How did you come to work with BoTree Technologies?

A good friend of mine is a client of BoTree Technologies. They've worked closely together on projects for his marketing company and the relationship went well. During a camping trip, I was talking about how my partner and I have run into a problem over and over again. We had worked with 3 to 4 software developers in the previous year and could not get off the ground. That was partly because of the nature of our idea, but also because we couldn't find the right match. My friend spoke highly of BoTree Technologies, so we set up a call with my partner the next week. We also looked at their previous work and found BoTree Technologies to be a good match. We started a small initial development phase, without putting too much at risk. It went extremely well, so we ramped up their involvement.

We started working with BoTree Technologies a year and a half ago. The project has gone through 3 large development phases, each building on the next. We have an ongoing relationship.

Overall, we've stuck with BoTree Technologies, which is the biggest compliment of all. There is always room for improvement, and our contacts from their team have been open to feedback. There were also things which we needed to learn, given that my partner and I were relatively new to the process. Through changing our processes, we've removed some of the tensions and general churn of the work.

How did BoTree Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I consider being able to lay out a clear timetable—including the necessary work hours for a specific task, the cost, and so on—as an integral part of project management. My 1 major critique is around BoTree Technologies' project management. We have paid for a dedicated manager, but I've never worked with that person, only with other resources. I found it strange that there wasn't a person in charge of setting tasks and managing the communication in a clear fashion.

What did you find most impressive about BoTree Technologies?

BoTree Technologies is always willing to work with us. When we couldn't pay right away, they were extremely understanding. If I genuinely felt that I was right about an issue, BoTree Technologies was open to accepting my point of view. The reverse is also true. BoTree Technologies has a strong balance of making sure that the customer is always right, but also didn't empower us to the point of that we walked all over them. BoTree Technologies is a fair company, which gives me a great deal of trust in them.

Are there any areas BoTree Technologies could improve?

My main complaint is something that BoTree Technologies is actively working on. When working on a complex development phase with a thousand different things going into it, even though we would draft and try to explain our vision as best we can, changes in the requirements can lead to extra work hours. The scope creep can get out of control when there are other things to consider in our day to day activity. We have already talked about this with BoTree Technologies. They will try to make the process smoother and more accurate in terms of timeline and cost. Any other complaints I've had previously were resolved. If BoTree Technologies can improve on how our work is estimated and how those estimates are updated, I would say that they're as good as it can get.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with BoTree Technologies?

When working with any development firm in India, there will be a cultural and language barrier. This can be a bit frustrating when it comes to small details like error messages and other popups. We wouldn't think that the messages need to be very explicit, but they do. Every single nuance of the site, in terms of how words are being used, needs to be taken into consideration. This is applicable for developers in general and to ones in India specifically.

Overall Score It hasn't been perfect, but nothing ever is. We've been happy overall and there was never any sort of resurfacing issue.
    They haven’t missed deadlines, but it was never made extremely clear what date we were marching towards. They have a sense of urgency, which I appreciate, but making simple fixes of a timetable and working in sprints would be a good improvement.
    For what we're paying, we've been given a great product.
    If we were willing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars, we could find fancier developers. Given what we've paid, I find the quality to be great.
    Other clients should be ready to handle cultural and language barriers. They may not be the right company for everyone, but I would 100% recommend them to someone who knew what they were getting into.

Web Application Development for Marketing Agency

"BoTree Technologies has given me the feeling of having my best interests at heart."

Mar. 2015 - Ongoing

BoTree Technologies developed a complete platform using Ruby on Rails based on an initial raw idea.

Austin, Texas
David Reimherr
CEO, Magnificent Marketing

The cost of BoTree's development work has been great compared to others in the market. Although the project took a bit longer than expected, they remained communicative, and the results have met expectations.

Magnificent Marketing is a content marketing agency. I am the founder of the company, and I'm also responsible for sales, management, strategy and the overall growth of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with BoTree Technologies?

We had a raw idea and needed help developing what was in our heads.

BoTree Technologies acted as our development arm in executing our idea. I'm not a technical person, but I do have a project manager who is more versed in the area and can make the calls.

We utilized the Ruby on Rails technology, and we also plan to employ machine learning. It's a fully mobile application, with no mobile apps associated.

How did you come to work with BoTree Technologies?

BoTree Technologies was referred to me by a gentleman who'd used the company for a few years. I trusted his guidance, especially since I could never know what we may be getting from overseas partners.

How much have you invested with BoTree Technologies?

The cost of BoTree Technologies has been over $100,000 so far, and I expect it to rise in the future.

We started working with BoTree Technologies 14-16 months ago. I have plans to use BoTree Technologies for ongoing development and technical support if the app grows to the level I'm hoping for.

We haven't gathered many results so far. The app is set to launch in beta form at the end of the month. BoTree Technologies has been very communicative and great to work with. They've done what was promised and made me feel like the team was an extension of my company. BoTree Technologies has given me the feeling of having my best interests at heart, and I'm looking forward to finishing the core stage and seeing if what we've built together is received well in the marketplace.

How did BoTree Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I oversee our work with BoTree Technologies to an extent. Projects of this kind always take longer than anticipated, but BoTree Technologies has followed-up and stayed on-task with everything we needed to accomplish. With so many twists and turns involved, it's hard to say exactly if things went as we hoped or wanted. Changes do happen, and we've had to redo certain elements, through no fault of BoTree Technologies. In general, I think that they're a wonderful company.

What did you find most impressive about BoTree Technologies?

I haven't worked with other vendors of this magnitude, but I have gotten the feeling that BoTree Technologies' principal wants us to succeed.

Are there any areas BoTree Technologies could improve?

The nature of the development business requires us, as the client, to come with the vision and direction. I would have appreciated getting more ideas on what would have happened if we took a certain approach, but that was our role, mainly.

Overall Score I want to see the app launched before declaring my absolute happiness.
    The project took longer than we expected, but BoTree Technologies was able to cope with any snag in our work.
    Compared to everything else I've seen in the market.
    It's a bit early to answer the question fully, though.
    I've already recommended BoTree Technologies to a friend who has used them.

Web Application Development for Influential Marketing Platform

"BoTree Technologies has made adjustments on the fly, bringing in additional designers where necessary."

2012 - Ongoing

BoTree developed a platform using Ruby on Rails, jQuery, and CoffeeScript. They utilized Linux and AWS for the infrastructure.

Houston, Texas
Jason Pampell
Chief Executive Officer, HireInfluence

BoTree's largest strength is their customer support, providing 24-hour access for issues. They were communicative and produced results within an unorthodox project deadline and process.

We are one of the world's leading providers of influencer marketing strategies and solutions. I am the founder and chief executive officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with BoTree Technologies?

We were developing a first-to-market influencer management and campaign management software.

BoTree Technologies has developed our platform using Ruby on Rails, jQuery, and CoffeeScript. It features user profiles, an integrated marketplace, and social media APIs for posting. The hosting is done through Linux; Amazon Web Services is used for file storage, while PostgreSQL and Redis NoSQL are used for the database. We have integrations with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Analytics, YouTube, and so on.

How did you come to work with BoTree Technologies?

BoTree Technologies was recommended to us by one of our investment groups from Finland. They were described as a reasonable and reliable provider of the kind of services we were looking for.

How much have you invested with BoTree Technologies?

The cost of our project with BoTree Technologies has been around $500,000.

We started working with BoTree Technologies in 2012. We continue to work together.

We have been a first-to-market provider. Most of our approach didn't follow traditional development processes but was more on the fly. This was unusual, but BoTree Technologies was able to keep up.

How did BoTree Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They stood out from a support standpoint. If I needed to address an issue at 4 PM, midnight, or even later, it didn't matter, BoTree Technologies provided 24-hour support even though we didn't have such a license in place.

BoTree Technologies performed very well on the project management side, providing various platforms for tracking our work.

What did you find most impressive about BoTree Technologies?

The ability to go outside the lines and not follow traditional development processes is impressive. BoTree Technologies has made adjustments on the fly, bringing in additional designers where necessary. I was able to hand them a mockup for what I was thinking, get on a call with our contact, and walk him through what I was trying to accomplish. He translated my ideas to the rest of the team, putting them in motion.

Are there any areas BoTree Technologies could improve?

BoTree Technologies could improve the design, but this was mainly my responsibility, so I can't put it as a fault on their end. Given that we had a non-traditional approach, a good designer on BoTree Technologies' end would have been welcomed.

Overall Score I consider still being on good terms with a company that we've been in touch with for over 5 years as a big win.
    I've referred BoTree Technologies to 4 other companies, which are using them presently.