Results to Shout About

Booyah Advertising is a full service digital agency. We manage every aspect of selling a product or service online, including: Paid Search, Display Media, Paid Social Media, Conversion and Creative Services. Our clients hold us to strict performance goals and we consistently deliver. We were founded in 2001. Today, we are about 50 people.

In 2014, we managed about $100M online for clients such as Gap, Discover Card, TiVo, Sports Authority, Fisher Investments and many other local and national brands.

2001
Denver, CO
Headquarters
  • Booyah Advertising
    3001 Brighton Blvd
    Denver, CO 80216
    303.345.6100

Paid Search Marketing for Web Conferencing Company

"[Booyah Advertising is] very concerned about making sure that your needs are being taken care of. They're always looking for new opportunities."

2012 - Ongoing

With the goals of increasing organic traffic and organic conversions, the client hired Booyah Advertising to provide search engine optimization services.

Denver Metro Area
Brandon Hess
Former Director of Inbound Marketing, ReadyTalk

Booyah Advertising consistently delivers high quality work and achieved their original goal by tripling the client’s organic search. The client also notes that their leads from their free trial doubled as a result of Booyah Advertising’s contributions.

Please describe your company.

The company is a Web conferencing and webinar software operation located in Denver, Colorado.

What was your role and responsibilities?

I was the senior inbound marketing manager. I was in charge of the inbound marketing process, overseeing everything from paid search to blog content, social media, SEO [search engine optimization], and advertising.

What was your goal in working with Booyah Advertising?

The company had done only a limited amount of advertising and marketing – mostly things like trade shows. My goal was to build up the paid search aspect of the company as well as the SEO [search engine optimization].

We were trying to raise our organic traffic on Google and also raise our organic conversions and have people signing up for free trials or live demos. On the paid search side, we had looked at trying to do the same thing, as a quicker way to get leads coming in. Our biggest goal was to drive more leads to our sales team from the inbound marketing side.

What was your process in selecting Booyah Advertising with which to work?

We had started looking at local agencies because we wanted an agency in the Denver or Boulder area. We had looked at Google and had done our own research. We had referrals from people in the industry and from some of our vendor partners. We sent out RFPs [request for proposals] to about 10 different agencies and, from there, we whittled it down to three, including Booyah.

We had discussions with the people who were willing to come into the office and meet with us face to face. Our goal was to find someone who was putting in a content approach and a little bit more of a white hat approach on the SEO side. The other agencies we looked at had more of an automated approach where you didn't get a lot of personal solutions while Booyah had a more personal and unique approach. We selected Booyah based on the interactions we had with them. They were the ones that we were most impressed by.

Can you provide a ballpark dollar figure for the size of the work that they've done for you?

The SEO project was $2,500 a month. We also had a one-time audit fee that was around $5,000, which included reporting, content updates and auditing.

When did the relationship begin, and is it ongoing?

The relationship started about two and a half or three years ago.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback to show the success of their work?

I would definitely say that they had a strong operation and provided a lot of well-documented and tailored analyses and recommendations. They didn't spend a lot of downtime in the first month that we started with them, so I was very impressed that they were ready to go right off the bat.

I would give them a lot of credit for working very well with a lot of the stumbling blocks and obstacles that were part of our internal organization. We had access to certain things spread out among a lot of people, and they were very good at working through a lot of that. In my past exposure with agencies, that's sometimes the biggest stumbling block. They're very flexible, and they can work with a lot of the internal structures that companies sometimes come with.

They're very big on performance. We started with zero visibility in terms of rank and exposure on terms like "Web conferencing," "webinars" and "audio conferencing," all of which are relatively competitive. They got us from zero to the first page on some very short tail keywords. We were in the top three for Web conferencing, and number one for audio conferencing, within a six-to-12-month period, which is exactly where they had estimated we would be.

They more than tripled our organic search traffic. We went from having a very small amount of traffic from people searching just for the company itself, to people that were coming in to us not knowing who we were, but knowing we were at the top of the results. This also doubled the amount of leads that we got.

They doubled the amount of leads that we got through our free trial, which caused us to grow our inside sales team by 100 percent. They did a fantastic job on the SEO side, and we had a huge uptick in revenue.

On the paid search side, it was the same thing. We started out at a $3,000 cost per action on our paid search when we did it internally. When we handed it to them, it was about $150, and they took it down to $40, so they greatly reduced the costs we were seeing from our lead search efforts. They actually made it an affordable thing, which allowed us to have a budget available for that.

Is there anything unique about them that really makes Booyah Advertising stand out compared to other companies?

They're very concerned about making sure that your needs are being taken care of. They try to avoid being a maintenance kind of agency, where you don't hear from them after the results are in. They're always looking for new opportunities. They're very invested in their account management. You definitely feel like you can reach out to your account manager, or the experts they have on the team, to get some feedback. They're not big on promising the world to you; they'll give you very real results that they're comfortable with.

We experienced a large amount of turnover in our account managers on the paid search side. This was not so much the case on the SEO side, but on the paid search side. We had several account managers in the first couple of months, which made things a little complicated.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

Make sure you have your goals laid out in your head because it will make everything a little bit faster. As well, make sure you have a good idea of what it's going to take internally to get your logistics through, so when they give you recommendations you have the ability to make the changes.

Marketing Campaign for Construction Company

"They [Booyah Advertising] know their field, and they know what they’re working on."

Feb. 2014 - Ongoing

The client first hired Booyah Advertising for help with their paid search campaign before extending the scope of their involvement to include more comprehensive digital marketing.

Plano, Texas
Ecommerce Director, Construction Company

Booyah Advertising consistently proves themselves to be an effective partner for the client and succeeds in increasing their visibility. The client praises the agency for their skilled team and deep knowledge of digital marketing.

Please describe your company.

We are a homebuilder in the Texas region, and we have three different brands.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I am the digital marketing and e-commerce director.

What was your goal in working with Booyah Advertising?

I was looking to start up a paid search program that was more efficient than the one I had inherited. The previous company we had worked with was great for small businesses but was no longer appropriate for a mid to large-sized homebuilder. I could not find anybody in the Dallas area that was reliable and could give me the analytics and depth of insight that I wanted. I had worked with Booyah previously, so I went back to them because I knew the quality and manner of reporting they could give me.

We started out just doing a paid search campaign, and we had no true benchmarks. Essentially, we had to deconstruct everything and start from the beginning. It wasn’t like there was any kind of reporting or benchmarks that they could build on, so we were kind of running blind. They started up the campaign, and we did a lot of daily testing, improvements, and optimization. Eventually, I realized that I wanted to hand them some creative and display management, retargeting and a couple of other programs. It’s grown from there, and they’re managing quite a bit of my digital marketing at this point.

What was your process in selecting Booyah Advertising with which to work?

I had previously worked with them. I was looking for somebody I could trust and who I had a good experience with. I’ve worked with a couple of other agencies here in Dallas and in Austin. None of them gave me the clarity and the visibility that Booyah did, so I trusted them. I’ve even had instances where we had some serious disagreements with them, but they were clarified, we moved forward and a bad situation turned into a good one. They were very trustworthy, so I went back to them because of that.

We’ve spent more than $200,000 working with Booyah.

When did you start working with them, and is the relationship ongoing?

On this project, I started with them in February 2014, and we are still working together.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

There isn’t a single team member I’ve met that I haven’t had a great deal of respect for because of their expertise. They know their field, and they know what they’re working on. My account manager on paid search is very knowledgeable. When she speaks, I know she knows what she’s talking about. If I have any questions, she pulls out the reporting, and we go through it together. That’s the same for everyone on the team, so I have a lot of respect for the quality of the people who are working on my campaigns and my account. We went from an inefficient campaign to one that is running much more efficiently than it was a year ago. Because of our success, I will continue to run our campaigns through their agency.

Is there anything unique about Booyah Advertising that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

It’s absolutely the visibility that they give us. We meet on a biweekly basis. I get biweekly reporting, and I get a weekly update of where my campaigns are. I can ask for more information and I do. For example, if I said I wanted a tweak done next week, that tweak would be done, and I would see that it was done. They’re very detail oriented and very willing to give me all the details I want to see. Their willingness to share information and give me visibility makes them trustworthy and makes me comfortable with them running the campaigns. I know my money is well spent.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

Have your information together. The more information you give them, the more they can get up and running. The more you empower them upfront, the faster you’re going to get an efficient campaign.

I would use them again as well.

Digital Marketing for City Municipality

"They [Booyah Advertising] have a team approach, which we prefer. So, we are very involved with them up front and all through the process."

2012 - Ongoing

The client hired Booyah Advertising to be their digital partner which includes work on paid media management, web design, web tools and tracking, and email database services.

Vail. Colorado
Economic Development Manager, City Government

Booyah Advertising consistently exceeds the client’s expectations by significantly increasing their online traffic and sales. The agency is recognized for their diligence, efficiency, and collaborative approach. Booyah Advertising is recommended to others.

I work for a ski town in the United States.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the economic development manager.

What was your goal in working with Booyah Advertising?

We engaged Booyah to work with us on marketing the non-ski months in the town: May through October. We wanted to position the town as a year-round destination.

They’re doing all of our digital marketing. The scope of their work includes paid media management, Web design, Web tools and tracking, and email database services. They are also doing a video effectiveness study.

What was your process for selecting Booyah Advertising with which to work?

We issued an RFP [request for proposal] and received several proposals. We had a committee from our board review the proposals. Booyah was one of three finalists. We had each of the three do written and oral presentations, and Booyah won the contest.

They charge us a management fee of around $4,000 and an hourly fee for Web services of $125 an hour. The email database fees are included in the media budget. We also pay $125 an hour for email building and campaign management. The video effectiveness study cost $10,000. We also pay travel expenses.

What is the status of the relationship?

We have been working with Booyah now for three years, and our relationship is ongoing.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

We have KPIs [key performance indicators] in all our contracts. We asked Booyah to increase site visits to 260,000 this year and increase orders by 1,000. Each year we have worked with them, they have met or exceeded our goals. They are very diligent about daily monitoring of our campaign for effectiveness, efficiency, and results. They make changes as necessary to pull out poor performers and increase good performers.

They have a team approach, which we prefer. So, we are very involved with them up front and all through the process. We’re involved in monitoring, decision making, and planning.

Their team members change frequently, which puts a little more pressure on the client. It takes time to bring the new team members up to speed.

What advice would you give to a future client of theirs?

Be very clear and direct in what your expectations are, so that the lines of communication remain open throughout the process.

Online Marketing for Financial Firm

"They [Booyah Advertising] have very strong technical skills, and they’re good with developing an overarching strategy and aligning that strategy with the goals of the business."

2013 - Ongoing

The client first hired Booyah Advertising for help with their paid search campaign band then extended the agency’s involvement to strategic advice for their account structure.

Chicago Metro Area
Marketing Manager, Financial Firm

Booyah Advertising performs extremely well for the client and has successfully increased their profitability. The agency is recognized for their deep understanding of the client’s business and highly recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

We’re in the mortgage business.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the online marketing manager.

What was your goal in working with Booyah Advertising?

We had a paid search campaign running, and we were trying to improve the performance of that campaign. We were looking for partners to help us achieve that improvement. We needed performance metrics, not just front-end metrics like clicks and visits. We were looking at the entire conversion path, from first click to the finished product.

One thing that they helped with was the account structure. There were a lot of inefficiencies in the way the account had been set up. There were issues with regard to mapping, and there were keywords, which were matching up against search queries that were not correct. The customer funnel from search to ad to landing page was not optimized. We changed the account structure in order to achieve that smooth flow for our customers, which really helped improve the front-end metrics for us. We also tied the back-end conversion data with the front-end data, and we were able to optimize campaigns for our KPIs [key performance indicators].

What was your process for selecting Booyah Advertising with which to work?

We initially spoke to all the major paid search optimization platforms. In the initial conversations we had with them, we came to like their approach. They did an account audit for us and then presented us with their findings, issues, and recommendations. We thought that audit was really well done, and that’s how we got them onboard.

We’ve spent somewhere between $100,000 and $200,000 working with Booyah.

When did you start working with them and is the relationship still ongoing?

The relationship started in the summer of 2013, and the relationship is ongoing.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

We have seen a lot of improvement in our results. We reached our profitability targets for our online campaigns, and the optimizations we did in partnership with Booyah were instrumental in meeting those objectives. They have very strong technical skills, and they’re good with developing an overarching strategy and aligning that strategy with the goals of the business.

They understand numbers very well, and they understand what drives the business, what metrics are needed to track the business, and they work to reach those objectives.

I can’t think of anything. It’s been a good approach overall.

What advice would you give to a future client of theirs?

In general, I would say to anyone looking for paid search vendors that it’s more important to have the right agency partner than the right software platform. The software platform helps, of course, but it can only take you so far. I think strategy and technical implementation are much more important.

Specifically about Booyah, make sure that they understand your business objectives and provide them with as much insight into your business as possible because that will help Booyah make decisions around online marketing or marketing in general.