Grow BIG Online

Looking for an all in one Digital Marketing Company near Philadelphia? Boomtown Internet Group is a premier Digital Marketing Company, specialized in web design and SEO services located near Philadelphia provides web solutions that help you Grow BIG Online.

As a reputed website design company we incorporate a perfect fusion of craft and artistic approach to boost your business reputation and create a strong web presence using quality methods of SEO and other digital Marketing services. We offer a wide range of web design and web development services to our clients to suit their varied business needs.

Ever since the inception of the Internet, we have been successfully catering to all the SEO needs of our Philadelphia and regional customers. Our highly    competent staff is well versed in carving out a result-oriented Internet marketing strategy for your business needs that can take your business to the next level. All of our SEO,Internet Marketing, and Web Design and Web Development services are available at competitive rates. Grow Big Online is the tag line of our business and we abide by it.With our result-driven web solutions, you can watch the online success for your business build.

1993
Glenmoore, PA
  • 111 Rosemary Lane
    Glenmoore, PA 19343

Web Dev for Higher Education Institution

"Anyone can design a website, but people that are skilled in it know how to design them well so that they attract the right users."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Boomtown built a new website for a higher education institution which provided a database of schools searchable based on various criteria. Their work also included UX and post-development marketing.

State College, PA
Amanda Smith
STEM Outreach & Engagement Liaison, Penn State University

Boomtown stands out in their ability to flesh out general goals into a concrete wireframe, and in making a site transferable and easily managed without them. They’re a meticulous and responsive group of people. Communication is easy and they stay true to their word in all aspects.

I’m the STEM Outreach Liaison for Penn State Center for Science and the Schools.

What challenge were you trying to address with Boomtown Internet Group?

We needed to build out a database that could be easily searchable and has a lot of criteria behind it. We wanted our team and the researchers that we work with to be able to look up schools—elementary schools, high schools, private schools, higher education institutions, tech schools; the whole gamut of K-16 education—in Pennsylvania that best meet their needs.

Anyone can build a site using WordPress, but I knew that, as a user, it would take me a whole year just to do what they did in 180 hours. They used MySQL in WordPress to build the database. It’s open source. They used Apache Server and software also involved with PHP 5.5 or greater and MySQL 5.6 or greater. The hardware was 3GB RAM that they needed or bigger, and the disk space had to be at least 5GB.

When they built the website, they built it on their side. It’s private, so they would bring me into it now and then to see if I liked it and we could tweak it accordingly. When it was ready, it had to be transferred onto a server. They can transfer to a server for you and manage it, or it can be transferred to our company, and that's what we did. Penn State was able to host the website for us.

How did you come to work with Boomtown Internet Group?

It’s really hard to find high-quality programmers out there beyond just doing a Google search. We actually have an internal group called PennTAP—they're a great group for us on campus that helps Penn State faculty navigate others on campus capable of producing many kinds of IT projects.

In this case, the size and scope of work would not be able to be completed by students, so they gave me some companies, including Boomtown, that they had worked with externally that would best fit my requirements. They really did the searching for me because they knew what to ask and I didn't. Boomtown best met my needs.

How much have you invested with Boomtown Internet Group?

Just because of the scope of where we're at, we wanted to do it in different phases. For the first phase, it was originally around $18,000 for 180 programming hours when we scoped everything out. Then there were other optional services, especially if you needed marketing behind it. Sue McCrossin does a fantastic job with that, so there are other layers available. We did a small amount of marketing with her for an additional $4,000. From building out the proposal and giving me an example of what it could potentially look like, we’ve spent about $25,000 thus far on Boomtown.

Our first proposal was February 17th, 2016. It took some time on my end because I had to finish up some work for them to be able to take over and run with it. A lot of the lag time actually came from me and not from them.

When they transferred the database over to me, we walked through very carefully how to manage it, because eventually I wanted to be able to manage it all myself. Jamey Hoff from Boomtown is working with me on it, putting in extra features so that I can run the system and easily teach other people we hire to be able to run it. We would like to eventually update it ourselves. They're very good about doing that and making sure you understand how to run the backend of the website.

How did Boomtown Internet Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They were fantastic. I have to say that both Sue and Jim McCrossin and Jamey Hoff are all very meticulous people. They want to make sure that what they give you is of high quality, and there are no kinks or errors. They really go through that process. They're very careful about what they do, and they want to make sure that the customer is happy. I felt that they're also very responsive, and they have a quick turnaround. If not, they'll tell you, "I'm working on something right now, but I'm going to get to this right away," and they've always been true to their word. If any lag time happened, it was on my end, never on theirs. That, to me, speaks volumes about a person and their abilities. Overall, they're very easy to work with. If I have a problem, they are immediately responsive and help me work through it.

What did you find most impressive about Boomtown Internet Group?

They give you a product that you're satisfied with, and you can feel confident in putting it out publicly. And I think the layer we haven’t taken advantage of enough is the other half of their company, their marketing services. You know how huge the internet is, so how someone finds you is such an important piece of it.

Are there any areas Boomtown Internet Group could improve?

I can't really think of anything for them to improve upon. They're unique because they’re a small company. Your project isn’t getting passed from person to person; you know the people that are working on your project, day in and day out. I think that actually gives them more of an edge to what they do.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Boomtown Internet Group?

As long as you have a good understanding of what you want, and the clearer you can be about your expectations, the easier their job becomes. I drove out to see them and we went through exactly what I wanted. They were impressed that I could come to the table and say here's what I'm looking for, and walking through that was really great. On the other hand, they might get a client who doesn’t really know what they want, and they can help you through the process. For the layout and the design, they can think through how should things appear and what the user journey is. Anyone can design a website, but people that are skilled in it know how to design them well so that they attract the right users.

Overall Score You can’t go wrong if you choose them. You’re going to be quite happy.
    They were more on top of it than I was on my end.
    It was hard to see what other groups were doing, but I think it could definitely cost a little bit more. They're in the right range for competitiveness, but I think what they did was more high-quality compared to what I've seen from other database groups.
    They're quick, timely, and gave me exactly what I wanted.
    When people ask me about where the website was designed, I’m very easily able to tell them where, and if they want to start something up, I give out their card.

Marketing for Insurance Brokers

"Don’t look anywhere else."

2006 - Ongoing

Boomtown Internet Group provided marketing services for an insurance brokerage. They created websites, apps, agendas, software, designed logos, ads, helped manage social media and provided SEO.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
David Moncavage
Senior Underwriter Program Specialist, Elite MGA

After social media implementation, there was a 40% increase in referrals per month. The business has multiplied 6-fold, and Boomtown's work was cited as a factor in that growth. The apps have garnered positive feedback, and Boomtown's knowledge and ability to quickly turn around work was noted.

I'm the program specialist and underwriter at Elite MGA, a retail and wholesale insurance brokerage.

What challenge were you trying to address with Boomtown Internet Group?

We needed help with a plethora of marketing initiatives.

We worked with Boomtown in creating software, websites, marketing agendas, and search engine optimization. Everything is done remotely. We have online rating systems that are proprietarily owned and designed around our special needs. On top of that, Boomtown recommended the vendors for payment authorization, digital signature, and agency payment methods. They've helped us with finding new vendors that are cheaper and had better services. We've worked with them to switch servers and have GoDaddy accounts over the years. They used WordPress to design all their software and websites. We have automated PDF generation and automatic bordereau feeds to our carriers that send nightly reports so that no one needs to touch the transaction. We've added payment access and digital editing/signature to our website. We have online landing pages that are places for our clients to download or upload items and make changes to their policy. It's basically a servicing portal that they've set up.

Boomtown has designed logos, advertisements, and flyers for us, as well as pop-up banners and blog designs. Our constant contact email blasts are also managed by Boomtown. They’ve created online biographies for all of us and set up online vendor relationships. We've pointed them in the direction to go, but they really ran with the relationship in setting up the links and link exchanges. I do manage the Facebook and LinkedIn and social media myself, but that’s with help and guidance from Boomtown. We decided to manage it ourselves because of the small relationships we build to get our clients in the door, but we do take their expertise into consideration when we're doing advertising.

How did you come to work with Boomtown Internet Group?

It was through personal relationships. We were friends with the owner. We did have other companies under consideration, but the turnaround time was nowhere near what Boomtown promised because they'd already been in our project for years. Moving them out and putting someone in didn't seem attainable at that time.

How much have you invested with Boomtown Internet Group?

For the most recent project, we’ve spent about $60,000 in the past 12 months. Lifetime, it’s been $500,000.

For the most recent project, we’re in phase four of six, and it's been going smoothly. We've worked with them for the past ten years. Boomtown told us we're the longest lasting customer they've had, and probably one of the first relationships they had when they were starting up. We've been here the entire time, and we definitely challenged them, but they've overcome a lot of the challenges. We continue to work with them as we grow to design new products and software.

From an underwriting standpoint from the insurance industry, we have gone out to different insurance carriers. They've seen our systems, and they've been impressed with the expediency and the workflow. This is good for us because you want a quick turnaround with insurance. Boomtown has ensured that our software can do that. We're getting a lot of positive comments on the mobile and web apps—that they are easy and quick to use, straightforward, and customizable.

Since we implemented social media, we've gotten an increase of 40% in referrals per month from that source. Overall, they've helped grow our business from right around $500,000 to over $3,000,000 in size. They've been our partner, and they've helped us grow. They've certainly been flexible as we've been flexible with them. In regards to results, it's been on the high-end of what we've expected. They've certainly blown that away.

How did Boomtown Internet Group perform from a project management standpoint?

We're in 50 different states so they have to be very flexible, and there's constant room for error that’s not on their end. They've exceeded our expectations and been very flexible with the changes we’ve had to make. They didn't make a mistake where we were misled by the people that we're working with. We told Boomtown to do one thing, and they did exactly what we told them. It wasn't exactly what someone told us to do, so they were very good at conforming to what we needed in making those changes, although they didn't make the mistake. It may have been made by someone else, but they were certainly quick to respond and get it fixed.

On a daily basis, I'm constantly in contact with the programmer at Boomtown, Jamey Hoff, and he's constantly interacting with us, making changes and decisions on our behalf in regards to technology. We used Google Docs. That's all I've used with them. I know they do utilize other tools, but I haven't used them.

What did you find most impressive about Boomtown Internet Group?

It’s their turnaround time, expertise, depth of knowledge, and different varieties of ideas that they bring to the table.

Are there any areas Boomtown Internet Group could improve?

Just the pricing. They put out a high-quality product, but the pricing is certainly on the high side in comparison. But when you need something quick, precise, and done correctly, you're willing to pay that. You get what you pay for, but we're very pleased with what they do. They've certainly been easy to work with, but I don't know if it's always been over the years that someone's been there to respond when they've been on other projects. That has since changed now that they've expanded their employees.

Don’t look anywhere else. I don't know what else to say that I haven't already in regards to their reliability, turnaround time, and expertise.

Overall Score We’ve had growing pains as they've grown but it's all been rectified, so it's certainly on the better side of that.
    They're really flexible and upfront. They've been 100% forthcoming with their plans, changes, and schedules.
    We don't know what we would pay someone else because we never really got that far, but we do understand that there's a value for the turnaround time and expertise. That has not deterred us from using their services.
    There were some hiccups, but they're rectified.
    We have recommended them, and do frequently.