They've never seen this side of you..

BOLT Media is a award winning web design & development company based in Thunder Bay, ON with offices in London and Waterloo. Working with clients from all over the globe gives us a full and well rounded portfolio in which we can draw experience from. We are not your typical agency in a sense that we truly get to know our clients on a personal level allowing us to extract what our clients are really need out of a website.

Being a complete custom WordPress development agency gives our clients the piece of mind that they are not just getting a recycled, run of the mill type product.

Freelancer

Doctors

e-Commerce

Payment Portals

Website Redesign for Canadian Township

“They’re committed to helping clients reach their goals.”

Aug. 2016 - Jan. 2017

Bolt Media redesigned a website of a small town’s administration. They drafted the site, designed the mapping and structure, and added a blog.

1-10

Ontario, Canada
Suzanne Kukko
Economic Development Officer

The site is easier to use both for the public users and for staff members working on updating the content. Bolt Media’s team were passionate, always answering queries promptly, and completing the project on schedule.

I work for the township if Nipigon in Ontario, Canada. The population is 1,660 people and our town office has 26 employees. I’m the economic development officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bolt Media?

Our website was outdated and wasn’t doing it what we wanted it to do. People were calling or emailing us because they couldn’t find the information they needed. We wanted to refresh the design and reorganize the content.

The scope was focused on the design and structure. We had an initial meeting where we met and talked about what we wanted and who our audience was. They came back to us with some suggestions and then sent some rough drafts so that we input on the color and design. We then went into the mapping and structure. They also set up a blog for us.

We met with two men at first, Steve Kis [Partner and Creative Director] and the technician. Most of the time, our point of contact was Steve. I liked that we had one point of contact because it kept things simple for us.

How did you come to work with Bolt Media?

We put a tender out and they were one of four or five companies that bid on the project. Bolt Media won because of their reasonable cost and proposal. We liked websites that they had done in the past.

We spent under $10,000 on the project.

We started working with them in the fall of 2016, and the project took seven to eight months. We still use them for things we can’t update ourselves.

We’ve received both negative and positive feedback. It’s sometimes difficult for people to get used to a new website. Our website and Facebook page are the way that people find information, so when the site changes, they have trouble getting to know the new one. In the first couple of months, people were calling and complaining, but after two or three months, that stopped.

Overall, I think the community is happy with it. I’m happy with it and so is our office. The way Bolt Media set it up means it is a lot easier to update. It’s my role to do that and it’s really easy to figure out. Steve helped me out when I needed it.

How did Bolt Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They always got back to me when I had questions. They were always on schedule which was awesome — the job was completed pretty quickly.

They have a passion for what they do. They’re committed to helping clients reach their goals with their digital product.

When they transferred our content to the new site, there was an issue. Somehow the content they got wasn’t up to date. I would say they should be careful to make sure to get the newest content. They helped us fix everything.