We Build and Burnish Brands.

Bob Gold & Associates (BG&A) is a results-driven, boutique-sized agency headquartered in Southern California with office in New York City and a trusted global PR network supporting international campaigns. Whether you are a start-up or Fortune 500 firm in the entertainment technology industry or a content creator, we will enhance your unique brand story and secure more buzz for your budget.

Our goal at BG&A is to educate key media and analysts about your organization, establish your executives as thought leaders and demonstrate the effectiveness of your products/services. We believe collaboration is instrumental in aligning target audiences with news hooks that resonate and result in earned stories. But we do much more too; we may be in the only PR agency that says the answer to your problem is NOT, “let’s write a news release.” That’s because we believe in helping to manage relationships as they are built – in advertising (and we negotiate significant cost saving for ad and sponsorship rates) with events, in media and analyst tours, with events and receptions around trade shows and with digital storytelling. We leverage our successes to drive continuous awareness and interest in our clients.

The BG&A team consists of experts in public relations and digital media  to craft persuasive communication strategies that ensure your message is delivered accurately, at the right place, at the right time. With more than a 20-year history of relationship-building, our agency brings instant credibility to your business and provides unparalleled services to tell your story and generate results that you’ll be proud of.

1997
Redondo Beach, CA
  • Bob Gold & Associates
    1640 South Pacific Coast Highway
    Redondo Beach, CA 90277
  • Bob Gold & Associates
    41 Madison Ave, Suite 3124
    New York, NY 10010

Amazon Studios, Cisco, Corning, Hitron, MESA, Ooyala, Penthera, Universal Electronics, Viamedia, ZoneTV, among others.

Public Relations for Entertainment & Media Innovation Company

"[Bob Gold & Associates] provides a good product, a good profit, and good process management."

2013 - Ongoing

Bob Gold & Associates used social media work and industry outreach to increase website views, as well as drive event awareness and involvement.

Guy Finley
Executive Director & Founder, MESA

The Bob Gold team produces results online and off by helping to boost traffic, engagement, and event attendance. They perform perfectly as facilitators and as brand ambassadors, fostering longstanding trust. They deliver high-quality solutions in the face of an ever-increasing workload.

I'm the executive director and founder of the Media Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA). We're a trade group that communicates with content creators and represents the vendor point of view in software evolutions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bob Gold & Associates?

We wanted to expand our reach across the industry and make sure that we  communicated our products and our offerings effectively.

Bob Gold & Associates distribute our press releases to a broader audience. From a practical perspective, they get people engaged and involved in what we're doing. Since they’re a good representative of my brand outside of my sphere, we rely on them to drive people to our events. They broaden our reach, and engage people in what we do.

Being the founder, I tend to work more with Bob (Founder and CEO, Bob Gold & Associates), but his team works directly with my team. Bob and I will conceptualize something that he will then pass along to his team, and my team will facilitate.

How did you come to work with Bob Gold & Associates?

We knew each other through our events, and also through him turning clients on to what we do.

We have worked with them for almost five years, and are still currently working with them.

Whether it's social media, e-mail, or driving traffic to our site, Bob's been very effective in achieving results. We’ve seen increases in subscribers, clicks, and likes, because of his social media work.

How did Bob Gold & Associates perform from a project management standpoint?

Part of his team interacting with my team is making sure deliverables are on track. They’re very project management-oriented. Bob’s done a wonderful job in terms of keeping me on schedule and keeping the pieces in place even when things are incredibly hectic.

Bob’s an incredibly personable talent in the industry. I only rely on a few people to represent my brand on stage. I call them my champions, and Bob is a champion. When moderating a session, he allows people the opportunity to speak their mind and is engaged without being overbearing. At the same time he pushes people to stay invested, keep connected, and keep things moving forward.

I don't have much advice in terms of how he should run it any differently, and I certainly don't have any issues. He provides a good product, a good profit, and good process management.

Vendors will sometimes use a trade association as their PR company. It is nice to have Bob as a professional and trusted partner to offload some work if my team ever gets in over their heads in terms of PR need.

Overall Score I've had a great experience with them. I continue using them, and I'd use them again in a heartbeat.
    He integrated into my workflow rather than forcing me to integrate into his workflow, which has been a huge benefit for my team.
    I know that I 'm going to get twice as much work out of him than a larger agency or a more specialized firm.
    It’s all great: the work they’ve produced, their follow-through, and profits they’ve helped us make.

Brand Awareness for Television Ad Sales Organization

“They’re the best firm we've ever worked with.”

Aug. 2005 - Ongoing

Bob Gold & Associates continually provides various PR functions to increase brand awareness and name recognition. Their services include press releases, event planning, and brand story consultation.

Lexington, Kentucky
Becky Jones
Chief Marketing & People Officer, Viamedia

Their efforts improved brand awareness and facilitated company growth. Bob Gold & Associates exceed project expectations and engage a forward-thinking approach. They proactively pursue new initiatives to work ahead of industry standards. Frequent communication circumvents time zone limitations.

I’m the chief marketing and people officer for Viamedia. We represent television providers and sell advertising opportunities on television and digital platforms.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bob Gold & Associates?

Most of our marketing and brand awareness leveraged the cable operators we’ve represented in the past. As a result, there wasn't as much name recognition associated with Viamedia because we primarily promoted the partners we represented in the marketplace. We needed a marketing and communications agency to get our name out and increase brand awareness.

They implemented a methodical process when approaching our company’s needs. Bob Gold & Associates listened to an overview of our goals and challenges to establish how they could best get our brand the recognition we were seeking. We’ve since worked with them for many years and they’ve provided countless deliverables like press releases and op-ed articles. They offer other PR services as well like event planning. If an event includes a TV appearance, they coordinate the details and prepare our CEO’s talking points. After filming, they ensure the footage gets to the right people and can be further leveraged.

We work directly with Bob (Founder, Bob Gold & Associates) and three other members of his team.

How did you come to work with Bob Gold & Associates?

Bob’s been a pillar of the cable advertising industry for many years. We asked around for references whenever we needed a PR firm and Bob Gold & Associates came up every time. We would’ve worked with them sooner, but they always had a conflict of interest. Before the engagement, we were both at a trade show around the time a major industry consolidation deal fell through. This circumstance created an opening that allowed Bob to work with us, so we took advantage of the opportunity.

We started working together in August 2005 and the relationship is ongoing.

Their efforts to raise brand awareness helped us sign new partners and grow as a company. Bob Gold & Associates ensure we exceed our annual goals of CEO TV appearances and headline placements in core media publications. They’re the best firm we've ever worked with. I'm proud to call Bob and everyone at the firm a friend after all these years. They have the best interest of their clients at heart. There's no question, they’ve done a fantastic job for us.

How did Bob Gold & Associates perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication varies depending on our PR needs that quarter, but we often stay in constant contact with them. There’ve been times when I spoke to Bob and his team at least once a day. They send weekly reports that outline what they’ve completed and the progress being made on outstanding deliverables. They keep us in the loop even when we scale down our efforts for a period. They also send quarterly reports that keep everyone on the same page.

They always pitch creative ideas for us to engage with our industry and become thought leaders in emerging areas. They don’t wait for us to bring projects to them.

The only potential challenge we faced was the time zone difference. However, Bob starts his day early and is often available whenever needed. Also, one of his team members works out of our time zone and that further mitigates potential communication issues.

Overall Score I learn something new every time we work with them.
    Some things are out your control and no one’s perfect.
    They’re expensive but worth every penny.
    They know our business and work ahead of trends.
    I give them the highest praise and recommendation.

Public Relations for Mobile Video Software Company

“They act as an extension of our marketing department and are genuine partners.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Bob Gold & Associates supports marketing and PR initiatives for a technology company. They conduct research and provide sales collateral materials and conferencing solutions.

Dan Hurwitz
Chief Revenue Officer, Penthera

Their recent contributions to a research study led to a major deal. They constantly bring new ideas and suggestions to the table and the partnership works well. They make sure deadlines are met and provide good ROI.

Penthera is a technology company specializing in the mobile video viewing experience. Our software improves video streaming and download processes and resolves buffering and network overload issues. As chief revenue officer, I’m in charge of all sales and marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bob Gold & Associates?

We want to be seen in the marketplace as the go-to experts in our field, fueled by strong PR and marketing campaigns. They provide those outsourced services.

We have meaningful weekly calls where we discuss our marketing and PR initiatives. They keep a very detailed spreadsheet of the different topics we discuss and the initiatives that come from those discussions. They ask what we hope to accomplish and help with research studies. Once we complete the research, they help us turn those findings into good stories for press releases. They constantly follow up and bring new ideas and suggestions to us on a regular basis. I recently hired a new head of marketing who will take the lead on our side of the relationship with them.

They’re also involved in our outward-facing communication and our conference and event scheduling. They help create sales collateral materials, including PowerPoint decks, sell sheets, and video content.

I work with Bob (Principal, Bob Gold & Associates), Roxanne (Account Director, Bob Gold & Associates), and Linda (Senior Account Executive, Bob Gold & Associates). There is another gentleman in the background who runs numbers and analytics.

How did you come to work with Bob Gold & Associates?

Our CEO has a long-term working relationship with Bob. When I joined the company in October, I inherited the partnership. I met with members of the team and really like them. I decided to move forward with them.

The relationship began before I joined the company and is ongoing.

The process works really well, but we’re not measuring statistics yet. I’ve been with the company for a few months and am building out our upper sales funnel analytics. Anecdotally, Bob and his team fielded a research study that we published. Partly thanks to their contributions, I’m in the contract stage of a huge deal that will pay for the past couple years of their involvement. That’s just one deal and we expect more. They’re absolutely beneficial.

How did Bob Gold & Associates perform from a project management standpoint?

I give them delivery dates and they push me to meet deadlines. They make sure I stay on task and on schedule. They do a wonderful job.

They’re all about the relationship, they don’t feel like a vendor. They act as an extension of our marketing department and are genuine partners. I really appreciate that.

I’m still trying to feel out their strengths. Their heritage is in the cable media space, while I have a digital media marketing background. I’d love to see them grow their expertise in that field.

They’re persistent and keep me on task.
    ROI has been very positive during my personal interaction with them. We’re still waiting to see the impact of an incoming deal.
    They listen, make notes, and follow up to get the job done right. They’re very thorough.
    I want to keep them all for myself, but I’m happy to recommend them.

Public Relations for Electronics Company in Sensing & Control

"They genuinely want to see us succeed ... I'm very pleased with their performance."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Leading a brand awareness campaign, Bob Gold & Associates helps refine messaging and marketing strategies, creates media posts, and does media outreach to targeted industry segments.

Marketing Director, Electronics Company

Exceeding all expectations, they increased brand awareness within the target market and began exploring other markets. Their attention to detail, commitment, and persistence in following up on projects make them a reliable long-term partner.

Our company produces electronics: remote controls, sensor technology for security devices, and more. We build our products mostly for OEM companies and one of our primary markets is cable and satellite television. I'm a marketing director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bob Gold & Associates?

Our brand does not always appear on the products that we produce and the solutions that we create for customers. We wanted to raise awareness about what we do and the depth of our involvement with our customers within specific industries, so we were looking for a public relations company to help us with that.

We've been working with them to raise our brand awareness within the cable television industry and we have expanded that role. They help refine messaging and marketing strategies, create press releases/articles/and social media posts, and do media outreach to targeted industry segments.

We have a primary point of contact, but we work with their whole team – they have a very team-oriented environment.

How did you come to work with them?

We used public relations agencies in the past. At that time, we were looking for a company that could address the specific marketplace we were targeting, so we got some referrals from the media. Bob Gold & Associates got good feedback from the media and other clients, so we thought they'd be a good fit for us.

We started working with them in October 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

We've definitely had positive results based on the parameters we set for our yearly and quarterly objectives. They've done very good work in terms of expanding our outreach beyond what we originally engaged them for. They increased our brand awareness within our target market, so we started looking at other areas we wanted them to focus on.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're great at following up with the project and have excellent attention to detail. We have regular meetings and phone calls.

They care about our well-being and genuinely want to see us succeed. They're like an extension of our marketing department, listening to us and executing what they've promised. We always feel like we're their number one client and I appreciate that.

I'm very happy with them, so there are not a lot of areas I'd want them to improve. I'd like them to continue keeping up with us in terms of volume, which they're doing. In fact, we would like them to be more involved in our day-to-day business and I think they'll be receptive to this idea.

Overall Score They're honest, straightforward, and easy to work with. I'm very pleased with their performance.
    They're very good at adhering to their timelines.
    They're always doing more than what we pay for. They're great value for us in terms of effort and the amount of attention they pay to our account.
    They have great attention to detail and are persistent in following up. They meet our needs almost immediately.
    I'd absolutely recommend them. I think anyone who uses them will be satisfied with the result.