Michigan's Best Web Development Company

BMG Media Co. was founded by Blake George in 2009 after graduating from Michigan State University. He established his company to help local network and business associates build out their brands, designs, and websites amidst the turmoil of our nation’s recession. BMG Media Co. quickly grew to become a successful business that has serviced over 600 clients to date in multiple countries.

Although we call Birmingham, MI home, we globally source all of our vendors and have satellite offices in multiple countries to service our clients 24/7.

Our sweet spot is branding, custom web design, and software development. We also excel at providing e-commerce solutions and mobile application development for startups and small & medium-size businesses. Our vast expertise in multiple industries, we understand what our clients need and craft the perfect solution. While other companies in our industry stick to stock templates that are fast and easy, we take a methodical, custom approach with the tools to scale your business on mobile and on the web.

Our decision to open our business during the recession became more than our history. It became our battle cry. We refuse to back down and follow a template. We are explorers who forage into unknown territory, our eyes open, ready to seize any opportunity.

Birmingham, MI

B-File System

Cooper Street Cookies

Vloggle App

Web Design, App Development for Restaurant

"They will work extra hours and dedicate themselves to meet deadlines."

May 2018 - Ongoing

After a discovery phase, BMG Media developed the front- and backend of a website. Currently, they're working on a subscription feature.

Allen Park, Michigan
Kurt Lopez
Co-Owner, Catrinas

The site BMG Media developed have received positive feedback thus far. Although working within strict timelines, their team is responsive and efficient—always delivering quality work.

I am one of the owners of Catrinas, a taco restaurant in Detroit, Michigan.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media Co.?

Our main challenge was to develop a website that was well designed and scalable. It needed to impress our customers and potential investors and bolster the credibility of our brand. We also needed them to design an app for us.

They interviewed us to get the context of what the product is and what the brand represents. During our initial meetings, we shared drafts of prototype websites using placeholder images, text, call-outs, fonts, and slogans. Using those drafts, BMG Media developed a website with a home page, about page, menu page, and an ordering page.

As for the mobile app, BMG Media consulted us towards a vendor that could better fit our needs. They also helped us find ideal contractors for other creative aspects, such as interior/external signage and handouts. Currently, their team is working on a subscribe feature for our website, so customers can have the option to receive our publications.

I work with a creative director and a technical specialist. There was also a development team in the background.

How did you come to work with BMG Media Co.?

I was referred to them by my partners. They heard positive feedback from other folks about BMG Media, and we decided to meet with them.

We started the engagement in May 2018 and it is ongoing.

Potential customers and business partners reacted very positively to the site saying it has a metropolitan look, which is exactly what we want to portray.

How did BMG Media Co. perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management has been excellent so far. The creative director clearly set out her goals and designs. Once, that her deliverable was concluded, the hand-off to the head developer was seamless. Then, he provided efficient and effective work from development to launch. We communicated daily for about two weeks. Now, we communicate less frequently, but they are always accessible and deliver on time.

Their immediacy and responsiveness are impressive. They really try to understand what you're trying to accomplish. Even if we give them a strict deadline, they will work extra hours and dedicate themselves to meet deadlines. Their accessibility has been phenomenal.

Anytime you work with a creative group, it’s important to have a clear vision of what kind of impression you want to create for your customers.

They meet every deadline and adapt well to changing timelines.
    Their cost is satisfactory.
    They deliver exactly what we ask for and on time.
    I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Branding and Web Design for Financial Services Company

“They want our site to succeed, and the quality of work they’ve provided clearly reflects that.”

June. 2017 - Ongoing

BMG Media built a new site using WordPress and custom code and revamped strategic messaging in web content and social media as part of an overarching rebrand.

Birmingham, Michigan
Jimmy Pollak
CEO, Detroit Financial

The new site has garnered a tremendous amount of positive user feedback and additional traffic since its launch. Attentive project management and a proactive approach facilitated a smooth development process. The team was friendly, responsive, and easy to work with throughout the project.

I’m the CEO at Detroit Financial. We’re a financial services company.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media?

We were looking for a company to help us with branding, site design and development, and messaging for both our site and social media channels.

In the beginning of the engagement, we had meeting to discuss our ideas and set out a preliminary scope. They came back to us with several ideas for color schemes and overall architecture and gave us a sense of the overall feel with several mock-ups. Once we decided on a development plan, they led all aspects of the process and updated us throughout. They drew out the proposed content, implemented our desired layout and color scheme, and the site was ready for launch after a final review meeting. It was built on WordPress with additional code and includes custom menu that answers questions and facilitates communication with our customers.

Currently, there are several ongoing social media projects. They oversee ad buying on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. They also created HTML templates for emails according to the new brand design.

We worked primarily with Blake (Founder, BMG Media) and Rachel (Lead Developer, BMG Media).

How did you come to work with BMG Media?

We had spoken with a number of local web design firms to prioritize our ability to meet with them face-to-face. I knew Blake and BMG from research I had done in the past for other projects, and after reviewing their portfolio, we knew they were the right choice for the job.

We’ve invested about $20,000.

We started working together in the summer of 2017, and there are still several projects in the pipeline.

We’ve gotten a tremendous amount of positive feedback on the new site. Their work has brought new traffic to the site, and we’ve been very pleased. They want our site to succeed, and the quality of work they’ve provided clearly reflects that.

How did BMG Media perform from a project management standpoint?

At the start of the engagement, we communicated multiple times a week. This moved to about twice a month during the heavier development stages. They were attentive, friendly, and supportive throughout the process. They also took a proactive approach to their work, which we very much appreciated. We spoke primarily via phone and email.

Don’t hesitate to openly communicate everything you’re seeking to accomplish. They’ll find creative solutions and strive to meet every expectation.

Overall Score The engagement has been fantastic. We have no complaints.
    They delivered everything ahead of schedule.
    Compared to other firms, they were among the most fairly priced.
    They do excellent work in pursuing unique and tailored solutions.
    I’ve already referred them to a number of firms.

Branding & Web Design for Security Company

"They went above and beyond to make [the site] as user friendly as possible for our customers."

BMG Media helped redesign a website to boost overall functionality and design, with the primary new feature being online payment capability. They also provide branding and graphic design services.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
Rudy Patros
President, SECURATECH

The number of site visitors and the amount of inbound calls have increased markedly since BMG Media was first engaged. Their consistent communication, responsiveness, and high quality deliverables justify the investment and make them a valuable partner.

I’m president of SECURATECH, a security services provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media Co.?

I wanted a better online presence and to drive people to my website.

They started by asking a lot of questions. We discussed what I was looking for and reviewed my competitors in order to come up with a strategy to drive business to my company. The next step was me sending them all our pictures, text, and other information regarding our products. Then they designed and built the website. They were able to add an automatic bill pay system through our billing software, which links to manufacturers that we work with and ties into our backend software system. They also do graphic design and produce all of our print materials (e.g., flyers, brochures).

I work with 3–4 team members.

How did you come to work with BMG Media Co.?

They were referred by some friends who spoke highly of them. I’d looked at several other companies but I was very impressed by their work.

I’ve spent between $15,000–$20,000.

We started working together in January 2018. The site launched a few months ago, but the branding and graphic design work is ongoing.

We're getting a lot more calls and a lot more people going to our website to get free consultations. It's also been convenient for our existing customers to be able to pay their bills online, which we could never figure out how to do before. That new feature is generating revenue for the company. They went above and beyond to make it as user friendly as possible for our customers.

How did BMG Media Co. perform from a project management standpoint?

I deal with other marketing companies all the time and BMG Media is the best in the business. Blake (CEO, BMG Media) returns emails faster than anyone else. It could be a Sunday night or whatever, and he's on it. If I need a flyer or a brochure made, or something updated on our Web site, it's done immediately.

They listen well, and their turnaround time is great.

Doing a little homework before you start makes the process easier. Get all your thoughts and ideas together of how you want your site to look and what pages it needs to have.

Overall Score Everything's going smoothly.
    They’re always on time.
    I’m very impressed with the return on investment.
    They deliver great quality and don't take shortcuts.
    I’ve already recommended them.

WordPress Web Design for Insurance Company

They were nice and cool to work with, and we had a great creative back and forth.”

Jan. - Apr. 2018

BMG Media designed a WordPress site for an insurance company. Based on layout descriptions, page breakdowns, and existing content, they fleshed out the site and added new features like customer testimonials.

Office Coordinator/Media Manager, Risk Consulting Partners

Internal reviews have been promising regarding the site's business generation potential. BMG Media was highly accessible and used their expertise to improve the project’s vision, while also staying true to its core ideas. Their streamlined communication model precluded any misinterpretations.

I’m a Media Manager for  Risk Consulting Partners, an insurance brokerage firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media?

Our previous website was made by someone working for our company at the time, but it was very basic and didn’t have a lot of strong design aspects. We decided to go with BMG to give it a definite refresh.

They built the site on WordPress and did all the editing through Flywheel. We broke the site down page by page and I made a layout of how I wanted to look, with different categories and headings, including sub-menus, at the top of the page, as well as our logo and a drop-down menu. From there, it was a matter of giving them content and other things to work with, so that they could figure out the best way to present it. I detailed which aspects had to be presented on which page, based on what I thought would look nice. Then they would come back with their take on it, which was always a lot better, and made more sense than what I previously thought.

One of the things we really wanted included were dropdown menus. We wanted to list all of them in order so that they could be clearly seen. When first getting to our homepage and scrolling down, certain elements now popup instead of just being loaded on the page from the beginning. In terms of pictures and the font size, they didn’t just throw words onto a web page. They also put our testimonials at the bottom of the page so people can scroll through them. They coded our location at the bottom of the page to lead to Google Maps so that users wouldn’t have to copy/paste the address. They also help us with malware protection and with any additional work.

I personally worked with their founder the most, as well as another of their team members, who they brought in later to work on the layout. They also had coders and designers working in the background.

How did you come to work with BMG Media?

The people in our St. Louis office looked around and talked to people they knew. I wasn’t involved in the selection process until we were down to two separate companies that they’d heard good things about from either friends or clients. It was between BMG Media and a company in California. After interviewing them both, we decided on BMG because they were able to do the things we wanted at a lesser cost, and within a shorter time frame. The other company required additional costs for some of the features we requested, but BMG had those as part of their offer, and they assured us that they could deliver them without any trouble.

We spent $10,000.

We worked with them from January until April 2018.

We’ve heard great feedback, especially inside our company. The main goal was to make the site available as a tool to refer clients and potential clients, so that they could look at what we do, and sort through that. The old website didn’t have any of those capabilities. It had very limited information about our practice areas. They definitely helped make it possible to let all those areas shine.

One person from our company reached out to a client, who brought up the website without being prompted. They mentioned that they were working for a larger company than ours, but our site put theirs to shame.

How did BMG Media perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated at least once or twice, and sometimes even multiple times, per day, but I never felt like I was bothering them, which was good. I could send them something and they would give something back within a half hour or an hour. I wasn’t waiting for days, which I’ve definitely had to deal with in the past. They were nice and cool to work with, and we had a great creative back and forth. They always took what I said and gave me an option right away, so that if I didn’t like what they did with my suggestion, I could get that opinion right back to them, and they would make the change again.

They were great at understanding our needs. They came back with a list of the tasks they’d completed, and asked for our thoughts on the layout. It was very collaborative. Their single point of contact approach was nice, as it didn’t require me going back and forth with a lot of different people which can cause edits to be missed or misinterpreted.

Their design capabilities are great. It was nice to see where we started with the ideas and layouts I gave, and where we ended up. They also stood out in terms of responsiveness. It felt as though they were on my team, instead of just being some people I was working with, who might have been working against me a bit. I felt that we were definitely a team.

They fit all our needs. The process of redesigning a website is never stress-free, but they made it as close to stress-free as possible. They followed the vision I outlined, but also made it better. There were a lot of little things we would have never originally thought of.

Not that I can really think of, no. The process was as smooth as it could have been.

Be a little more organized in the beginning, and make sure that you talk to all your team members about what exactly they want on the website. It’s important to invest more time in developing ideas before bringing the information to BMG Media, so you’re not faced with tight deadlines down the road.

I thought that we wouldn’t meet our deadlines because of missing content and other factors, but they made it possible.
    They gave us the most bang for our buck, based on the other companies we researched.
    They took what we initially outlined and made it better. We got what we wanted, and what we didn’t know we needed.
    They were very kind definitely worked well with us. Other people would have similar experiences.

Fully Customized WordPress Website for Medical Comm. Company

"Their drive to go above and beyond to make us happy is very comforting."

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

BMG Media designed and developed an updated website for a medical communications company, improving security, clarity, and professionalism with a fresh look and dynamic backend.

Michigan
Director of Creative Services , Medical Communications Company

Internal feedback has remarked that the new website is far more advanced and professional. BMG Media is responsive, enthusiastic, and has only had minor slips by missing a few requested changes, alongside otherwise excellent work.

I am Director of Creative Services at a medical communications company that provides scientific and creative services to pharmaceutical companies with new drugs in the pipeline.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media?

We needed our website to be redesigned from scratch to be more secure, user-friendly, and professional. We also wanted SEO services and a fresh look for the brand.

They wrote the content and designed a dynamic layout with frequent reviews and recommendations from our team, and also coded a more advanced backend.

The leader of their team was Evan [Content Marketing, BMG Media], and I was also in contact with Blake [Founder] and Rachel [Lead Designer]. They may have had other team members contributing behind the scenes, but I only interacted with these three.

How did you come to work with BMG Media?

We looked at a lot of companies both locally and at the national level, and had trouble finding the right combination of expertise and competitive pricing. When I found BMG they were a perfect fit and had the added benefit of being relatively close by. When we spoke on the phone they were very attentive and inspired confidence that they would be able to complete the project on time and without any issues, which made me feel comfortable giving them our business.

We spent $15,000 to $16,000 total.

The project began at the beginning of August 2017 and is ongoing.

While the site hasn't officially launched yet, internal feedback has been very positive from our internal team. Their work has been great and for the most part they have efficiently incorporated all the changes we've requested.

How did BMG Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They have been excellent. They always bring a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a high level of professionalism. They are also very responsive in communication, which has been almost daily for this project.

Their drive to go above and beyond to make us happy is very comforting, and I never have to worry about them dropping the ball. They also are very professional, timely, and have good attention to detail.

No, they’ve been incredible to work with.

New clients for BMG should feel confident that they will get the job done well.

Overall Score We've been very satisfied.
    They met every deadline with flying colors.
    They did a great job for what they charged us.
    High quality work from high quality people.
    I would very likely recommend them.

Web Dev, Redesign, and Marketing for Voice-Carrier Affiliate

"Their service was great, and the delivery was on-point. They were never late on a target."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

BMG Media Co. designed a WordPress website and developed a custom intranet data entry system for a wireless carrier affiliate. They additionally provided online marketing services to assist the rebrand.

1,001 - 5,000 Employees

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Director of Sales, Voice Carrier Affliate

The website was refreshed and updated with new pictures, while the intranet system garnered satisfaction from employees; they were cited to have trust the system and their sales volumes increased afterward. BMG Media Co.'s professionalism was noted as a strength in this collaboration.

I am the director of sales for a voice carrier partner.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media?

A part of my role is marketing, and we used them for help on our websites. There were no challenges as such, but we were rebranding, and we had to redesign our website and daily entry system. We had a 30-60-90-day goal, with milestones along the way.

The old site was outdated. We have over 500 locations, and it was important for customers to go on our website. The old website was the first thing I decided to change when I joined the company. Our senior leadership team is old-school; they don’t understand the social media concept yet, but they’re starting to. In terms of risk versus reward, we might have to pay a bit, but it will be worth it in the long-term.

BMG Media worked on the whole concept for the system we use for sales and reporting. They created our whole intranet, WordPress websites, and data-entry system.

They automated what we call the “commission scrub”, which allows associates to review where they’re standing on a daily or monthly basis, in terms of commissions. We provided information and BMG Media implemented all necessary calculations. Employees can access our intranet from mobile devices, to look at their leaderboard rankings.

Another feature was our customer feedback tool. We can use it to access clients via text message or phone call, and setup appointments which are entered into a calendar. We receive reminders on a daily basis, when logging into the system.

They also handled online marketing for us.

I worked with Blake George and one of his designers directly, on a daily basis. We spoke directly during the first 2 months, after which we used email.

How did you come to work with BMG Media?

We contacted 6 different companies. The fact that BMG Media was from our area made it easy for them to come and meet with us, whenever we needed anything. We also considered companies in Chicago and New York, who were willing to have resources stationed out in our Detroit office. This was good of them, but we really appreciated the culture and energy brought to the table by Blake George and his team. They were a good fit with our values and what we do.

Confidential.

We started working with BMG Media a year ago. They met our initial deadline in 2 and a half months, and we expanded the collaboration for another 3 months

The new website can take users anywhere with one click, it has contact info at hand, and the pictures were updated.

Our intranet site was more of an investment, and we didn’t expect to see an increase in business because of it. It was a matter of taking care of our people, giving them easier access to features, and having a better work-life balance.

We have pulse checks and culture surveys every 6 months. The site was a big item with our employees—they were satisfied with the system, and felt more comfortable entering sales through it.

It was a direct investment for our people, and it led to them selling more. Our business is definitely better because of it.

How did BMG Media perform from a project management standpoint?

We were expecting to be delayed by a month or 2 for the second run, but BMG Media delivered on time, which was a big win for us. We went a bit over budget on the intranet site, but it was expected and worth it.

One thing we appreciated about them was that, even though they had multiple clients, we got their attention every single day. Many people promise this, only for it not to happen, but, with Blake and his team, we had daily calls and weekly meetings. He and his designer were there every single time.

Our intranet was a large project, and we had 20 questions on a daily basis, on different issues. We had 2-3 stores testing it before we went live, and there were times when I would send BMG Media emails at 8 o’clock at night. They got back to me on time. The testing automation and level of response we had were huge.

Not every conversation was great, since we could get on edge sometimes, but they were great for the most part. I would use them again.

Their professionalism—BMG Media committed to what they said they would do, and did it. They stuck to their guns, and their culture was good—they were always enthusiastic about what was going to happen, and reassured us about the project. We needed people like this to get us to the next level.

Be on-point, say what you want, and stay on top of it. If the project is large, it will only be successful if the client is engaged with it.

We setup schedules and calls, and BMG Media was on time.
    We always want the cost to be lower, but BMG Media delivered a great product for our money.
    I have referred them to 3-4 people.

Web Design & Email Marketing for Real Estate Company

“They never missed any deadlines, and were more proactive than I was. I often had to catch up to them.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

BMG reworked an existing site to better showcase assets (physical and otherwise) across a diversified portfolio. They created digital/print collateral in an effort to drive more user engagement.

Birmingham, MI
Clint Mansour
President, Mansour Companies

Proactive from the start, BMG takes feedback in stride and always remain conscientious of budget/timelines. Their principal contribution was a modernized, unified online solution, coupled with key links to the marketing stream.

I’m the president of Mansour Companies. Our principal focus is real estate development.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media Co.?

Our website didn’t portray the right image to existing clients or potential business partners. We wanted to display our real estate asset portfolio more clearly and efficiently online, so the new site needed to be an upgraded one-stop shop for bankers, real estate brokers, and business professionals interested in our company.

We also wanted to produce regular newsletters.

In our initial meeting, Blake [Founder, BMG Media Co.] asked what we wanted to accomplish. He wanted to understand what we needed visually, and drew out the first mockups on a whiteboard. We kept an open dialogue, and he called me regularly. Their office is only about a mile from ours, so I’d go in about once a week to look through the details and give feedback.

Our principal aim was to market vacancies at our shopping centers. We’re a multifaceted company with several revenue streams (retail, franchise, credit card processing), and we wanted a more consolidated online presence. The new website shows site plans, tenant lists, and geographical locations for each of our properties. If you want to open a shop, you can click on any shopping center and view the lease rates and dimensions of the vacant spaces. The newsletter and business cards they produce for us help drive traffic to the website.

About 70% of the project was handled by team members, but my personal interaction was with Blake and Rachel [Lead Designer, BMG Media Co.]. Additionally, Evan [Content Marketing, BMG Media Co.] builds the newsletters with Blake.

How did you come to work with BMG Media Co.?

Blake is a good networker, and I’d heard a lot about him from several people I know, including another real estate developer he’d done work for. My team interviewed a few people, but I got a good feeling from him. I thought the process would be hard, but he made it seem easy. He showed me his other work, and his price seemed reasonable, so I decided to hire him.

The initial package was around $10,000, and we pay between $150–$200 per monthly newsletter.

They started on the website at the beginning of 2017. They still produce our monthly newsletters and update the site as needed.

The new website really helps as a visual aid for loan refinancing. Bankers understand our asset portfolio better than just on paper, and it helps tremendously with brokers. Everyone compliments me on the business cards they produced, and I can hand one to a broker and direct them to our website. We don’t need to send unnecessary emails about vacancies, so their involvement has made my life a lot easier.

Overall, it’s helped streamline our business. Our call rate and need for broker representation is reduced, and we present a much more professional appearance to potential tenants.

How did BMG Media Co. perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very engaged in the beginning. As we progressed through the project, we spoke about three times a week. I’m a visual person, and I liked that he invited me to the office instead of trying to explain things over the phone. They’ve done well, and we haven’t had any budget or timeline overages. Whenever I need something updated, I just send it over and they take care of it.

They make things look so easy, and I haven’t seen any issues. They delivered everything I wanted.

Advice for potential customers?

Meet with them first to discuss your vision. Once they understand what you want, the rest is easy.

Their price was 15-20% cheaper than quotes I received from other companies.
    They’re very friendly and did their job with a smile.

Marketing Collateral & WordPress Redesign for Real Estate Company

“We are impressed with the fast response and the ability to contact him at any time.”

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

BMG refreshed the visual elements of a website that allows people to lease apartment units online. They continue to create marketing collateral such as logos and business cards.

Austin, Texas
Manager, Real Estate Company

Since the website redesign, there has been a significant increase in rental apartment occupancy. This is attributed to BMG’s swift response time, creative input, and perfectionist approach. They provide a boutique agency experience at fair prices.

I am the manager of a commercial real estate company that owns and manages apartments and retail shopping centers. We have 1,000 units of apartments that people can lease directly online.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG?

Our goal was to get more people to our website, which was pretty standard. Aside from the marketing website, we also needed help with designing logos.

They’ve redesigned our website and made some aesthetic changes. Blake [CEO, BMG Media Co.] also designs logos and business cards for our company. However, he doesn’t do search engine optimization for us.

Blake is my main point of contact. I also communicate with an assistant and 1 or 2 other women.

How did you come to work with BMG?

They were referred by a friend who had used them before. We looked at 4 other companies, but the response time was our deciding factor.

We’ve spent close to $30,000 on their services.

We started working together in September 2016, and the work is ongoing.

I’m not fluent in WordPress, so it’s good to have someone who is responsive to the changes the website required. He has made the website look great and work great. We’ve been happy with it, especially since we’ve increased occupancy. Since we’ve engaged with BMG, we’ve been steadily at 95% occupied.

How did BMG perform from a project management standpoint?

They are exceptional. I’ve worked with a lot of developers before, but Blake’s response time is better than the others. That’s why we went with them. The turnaround times are spot on, and they make sure that everything is fixed. We speak often through text, phone, and email.

The website redesign was an easy process. He’d send a couple template options for us to choose from, and he would make changes as we talked.

No, they’ve been great.

Most people don’t stay at corporate resorts anymore but prefer smaller boutique hotels. That’s what he is. I’d recommend him to someone who is looking for a different experience instead of the same cookie-cutter company. If you want someone responsive who will get the work done, send you multiple options, and not try to overcharge you, then use them.

Overall Score They provide great value.
    They are organized and send calendar invites. They’re on top of things.
    He’ll send multiple templates until you find the right one, and that’s what you get billed for.
    They have a great response time and attention to detail.

Web Design for Real Estate and Entertainment Companies

"BMG Media is creative enough to take what they’re given and run with it."

2012 - Ongoing

After consulting on and successfully updating an older website, BMG Media built a site for a second company. Design work on the second site is in progress and includes navigation, animation, and UX.

Southfield, Michigan
CEO, Entertainment Company

The completed site has been instrumental in securing key event venues. The second site’s innovative features are a perfect fit for industry differentiation. BMG Media is accessible, responsive, and quick to tackle time-sensitive issues. Their creativity and competence inspire stress-free trust.

I am a business development manager for a property development company. I am the owner and CEO of an event planning business. BMG Media has developed websites for both of those companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media?

We wanted to have an interesting, unique, and eye-catching website. After meeting with Blake, their founder, he was able to address those goals and deliver the site.

The property development business only had a basic website that was outdated and had no real attention-grabbing potential. We wanted a website that would be different than anyone else’s in our industry.

BMG Media developed the first website for my entertainment business. After I saw what BMG Media had done for my entertainment company, we had them design the site for the real estate company.

During our first meeting, Blake brought printouts of our old website and explained why it was outdated and why the technology we were using was bad. He made recommendations for more up-to-date images and animation, scroll bars, layouts, and options for viewing the material. We let them take the requirements and run with them.

For the real estate company, we provided a slew of pictures and a framework of what we wanted to see. They took our vision and created the site from there, adding features we hadn’t thought of.

The website has a different layout than the standard model of clicking on a page and going to the next one—it’s more like a cube that keeps turning, displaying what our company does. That was Blake’s idea, and we’re putting the finishing touches on it now.

BMG offered to help us with SEO, but we have our own developers, and we market through word-of-mouth and the brokerage world. So it isn’t really a need.

We worked with three or four people from their team, including Blake, during all stages of the project. He has always been my main point of contact for technical items and day-to-day operations. We also had a contact for the site content and a couple of people in charge of layout fixes.

While finishing up the entertainment website, I spoke with Blake two or three times per week, and daily during the final stage. I am speaking with him daily as well now, while we’re completing the new real estate website.

We communicate through email and phone calls, depending on the situation. For something quick, we have a phone call, but if I need to process my thoughts on something with the whole team, I write an email.

How did you come to work with BMG Media?

I am fond of word-of-mouth and personal recommendations, rather than internet searches. I found BMG Media through a combination of all of the above. They had a great rating on Google, but I also asked company owners I knew. Those who had used BMG Media highly recommended them.

We also considered the company that made our previous website, and one or two others, but I never ended up accepting meetings with them. I was just collecting cost estimates.

We met at my office, and Blake came prepared with his vision for the website. He detailed his expertise, provided cost estimates that fit our budget, and we were able to strike a deal. It was easy for me to hire him on the spot.

Between the two websites, the cost was upwards of $30,000. The real estate site has cost upwards of $15,000 so far, but the price will continue to rise as we add more features to it.

The entertainment website has been live for four or five years. Over the last year or so, we started working on the property site, which should be going live within the next month.

The entertainment company website has been very successful. Through the site, I was able to lock down venues for either private events or ones I promoted through the company and liquor sponsors.

How did BMG Media perform from a project management standpoint?

In my business, I need accessible partners, and BMG Media is one. If I send them an email, I receive a response from Blake or someone in his office within an hour. He tackles emergencies immediately.

I’ve had some problems with the real estate site’s hosting provider and firewalls. When I’ve needed to get BMG Media and my IT company together, they’ve worked quickly, without stoppingg until the task at hand was complete.

The one-year duration of the project was my fault, not theirs. I put the project on a backburner after working on it for a couple of months and picked it up again.

Their responsiveness and creativity.

No. What they provide is perfect for our needs.

Give them a shot, let Blake use his vision and creativeness, and then determine if you like it or not. BMG Media is creative enough to take what they’re given and run with it.

Overall Score Everything was taken care of, from start to finish, perfectly and stress-free.
    They always hit deadlines, and are responsive to scheduling meetings.
    There were no surprise costs.
    They delivered a finished, state-of-the-art website on time and on budget in a straightforward manner.
    I already have. If anyone is in the market for a new website, I always try to connect them to BMG Media.

Web Redesign & Web Development for Real Estate Company

“They have helped us remain cutting edge in what we’re putting out in comparison to our competitors.”

Feb. - Apr. 2016

BMG Media Co. provides web development services for several proprietary websites. They collaborate to identify information requirements or new ideas, integrate content, and launch the websites.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
Bryan Bender
Partner, Fortis Net Lease

One of the websites has directly generated over $100,000 in revenue. BMG Media Co. consistently delivers reliable results, collaborates from start to finish, and demonstrates a high level of dedication. They offer valuable strategic advice and remain attentive and accommodating to detailed requests.

I am a partner and the managing director at Fortis Net Lease. We are a commercial real estate brokerage company based in Farmington Hills, Michigan and sell our product nationwide.

What challenge were you trying to address with BMG Media?

My company needed a proactive website.

Any website development takes time to come to fruition. One of the best assets I’ve found working with BMG Media is that Blake [Founder, BMG Media Co.] and his team were able to talk about my idea, what we wanted to accomplish, and how we would go about doing that. From there, we moved to a mockup creation or staging phase, looking at different ideas. There was an information pull from my company and theirs, in terms of what we wanted to write, followed by an integration of all the content and the launch of the site. The process is collaborative. We look to BMG Media for guidance on putting our ideas toward the creation of an actual website. The process has been good, in my experience.

A couple of years ago, we worked together on a site called DollarStoreProperties.com, as well as on FortisNetLease.com. We’re currently in the midst of overhauling the latter site, and will probably create an additional offshoot in the next couple of months, for which we will be engaging Blake and his company.

We have continued to evolve into the newest technology in terms of website design, animation, layout, and aesthetics. They have helped us remain cutting edge in what we’re putting out in comparison to our competitors. In addition, there have been features I came up with that Blake brought back to his development team.

One specific feature that I haven’t seen anyone else do is listing all our properties on the site and allowing users to change the ranking of all the properties, making it so that no property will ever be the top position or the bottom position all the time. Every time a user comes to the site or refreshes it, they will see a different property in the number one position. The reason we wanted to do that was that we didn’t want to give any one property more exposure than the rest. We have the same fiduciary responsibility toward every seller we work with and wanted to give them the same benefits. If someone else and I were to look at the site at the same time, we would be seeing different properties in the number one position. This can be verified by simply refreshing the browser. I came to Blake with this idea, and he and his development team came up with a way to make it work.

We have worked with nine to 10 people in total from their company. On the current project, I have been using three or four of those people overall. My main contact is Blake, but I’ve also been in daily communication with his lead designer, Rachel, and other people from the group. We communicate on average three or four times a week, multiple times per day. I’m a detail-oriented client, and they’ve understood that and met my needs.

How did you come to work with BMG Media?

My introduction to their company occurred over three years ago. We searched online for a media or website design group in our area, and spoke with a few companies and looked at their creative portfolios. After more research and reviews of their past work, we decided that BMG Media would be the best fit.

We have spent over $50,000 on their services overall. For this project specifically, the cost was $15,000 to $20,000.

The DollarStoreProperties.com project started at the beginning of 2016, between February and April.

We started the latest project around two months ago. We’re still in the coding and design editing stage but hope to finish it by the end of October. The typical project timeline is two months, but it depends on how detailed we get. I usually send back multiple edits.

DollarStoreProperties.com is a proprietary website which I’ve used for selling real estate. Since its launch, we have attained over $100,000 in revenue, directly from that website.

How did BMG Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything was delivered on time and within budget. I have zero complaints about this aspect. We’ve communicated through a mixture of emails, text, phone calls and meetings.

The reason we’ve continued to use them is that we’re happy with the end products and the level of dedication and collaboration from start to finish. I am particular and detail-oriented, and I warned them of this, but I am the type of client BMG Media caters to.

We’ve worked with developers in the past who were simply average. Blake and his company are definitely the best strategic partner we’ve found for creating websites, logos, marketing material and other things of this nature. Oftentimes, in today’s business culture, companies won’t take the time to sit with the client, understand their ideas, try to improve upon them and make them come to life. I’m not a tech-savvy person, which is why I was looking for someone who could help me help my company. Blake and BMG Media were compassionate about what we were looking to do and very helpful. They were willing to take the time and talk to us about ideas, platforms, how to use the backend and more. These are the reasons I view the relationship with Blake as long-term.

No. I’ve found that, to this day, everything has been enjoyable. I’ve been pleased with everything and have no areas of improvement at this point.

Overall Score I am very pleased.
    I can email Blake the night before a meeting to schedule it. They’re willing to accommodate my schedule in order to keep the project on track.
    I’ve made a lot of money through the websites they created. I’ve invested a lot of money in them, and it has been paid back through the results.
    Blake and BMG Media are stellar in every facet, but I don’t think anyone can get a five.
    I already have.