We make Brand Belief.

BLVR is a brand development and design consultancy. Our promise is simple - we make Brand Belief.

We do this by combining strong strategic thinking, powerful storytelling, and best-in-class design to create memorable brand experiences. We work with an ever-growing list of clients who are looking to take their business to the next level across the social good, tech, fashion, entertainment, finance, food & drink, and hospitality sectors to name a few.

2003
BLVR
1205 J Street, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92102

Switchfoot, Tony Robbins, Vessel, Santa Fe Christian Schools, Futures Fins, Creative Planning, Bethany Hamilton, WeVow, Organic Health, Globe, Dunham+Company, Lolita's Mexican Food

Laravel Web Design & Branding for Nonprofit

“Also, everything they create is beautiful. I don’t think I could get this level of quality anywhere else.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

BLVR created a business plan and website framework. The team then used that information to formulate a cohesive brand, communication strategy, and website. Now, they’re providing marketing and support.

Boise, Idaho
Matt Pipkin
CEO, WeVow

The website’s high-end UX/UI has elicited positive feedback from early users. BLVR continues to collect feedback and make improvements. Communicative and understanding, the team shows a strong commitment to the project. Trust is key to the success of the partnership.

I’m the founder and CEO of WeVow. Our organization offers employers the support and resources necessary to build a safe workplace culture with zero tolerance for sexual misconduct.

What challenge were you trying to address with BLVR?

We partnered with BLVR to put together a cohesive brand and company website.

First, I presented them with a rough outline of my idea. Over a few days and several meetings, we flushed out my vision and put together a concrete framework for the product and a business plan. Then, BLVR created our brand, communication strategy, and our web platform using Laravel. We’ve launched the site, and BLVR continues to support and refine it. They’re also assisting with marketing and promotional efforts.

We worked with a team of 12–15, one acting as a project manager. Despite one change, there hasn’t been any turnover in our group.

How did you come to work with BLVR?

I was working with them through another organization and approached them with this idea.

We started working together in February 2018, and it’s an ongoing relationship.

So far, the quality of their work has been excellent. They’ve been focusing heavily on user experience, creating an engaging and intuitive interface. Early users praise the product for its ease of use. As we collect more feedback, we’ll continue to make improvements.

How did BLVR perform from a project management standpoint?

Our level of communication is strong. There is a clear understanding of our timelines and expectations. They took the lead on the technical elements of the engagement, which has been very helpful. I can count on them to deliver high-quality results.

I trust them. It’s clear that they genuinely care about the mission of our organization. They offer valuable advice and suggestions, which ultimately improve our product. Also, everything they create is beautiful. I don’t think I could get this level of quality anywhere else.

Nothing comes to mind right now.

Listen to BLVR’s ideas because they have the creativity and talent to bring them to life. Clients should describe their concept and allow BLVR to help structure it.

Overall Score Overall, they’re enthusiastic and great to work with. We’ve had a consistently strong relationship.
    We’ve stayed on schedule, and they delivered the product by our deadline.
    I’m very happy with the investment.
    The results speak for themselves. My product is doing great.
    I’ve already referred them to friends and colleagues.

Branding & Ongoing Web Design for Soda Company

"For us, BLVR’s changes were subtle, but they made a world of difference in our overall appearance."

Mar. - May 2018

BLVR modified an existing logo and packaging system based on initial discussions regarding central ideas and values. They also built a new site and implemented e-commerce functionalities.

San Diego, California
Brett Burner
Owner, Swell Soda Co.

Though the brand and website revamps aren’t yet live, initial feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. BLVR brought a fresh perspective to bear, using it to identify new areas for growth. Their consistent communication and dedication to timeliness set them apart from others in the industry.

I’m the owner of Swell Soda, a local craft soda company.

What challenge were you trying to address with BLVR?

We wanted to redo our basic website and add some functionality. We were also aiming to take our branding to the next level. After finishing most of the work, we wanted to bring in an outside perspective for improvement.

After we shared the story of who we are and we’re doing, they evaluated the brand and talked through what was most important and how to reach the most people. My family has lived in Southern California for six generations, so they tied that into the brand.

They then started on our labeling, suggesting minor tweaks to our logo to bring about a better overall perception of the brand. These ideas focused on improving cohesiveness and professionalism in every aspect of our product.

Originally, we weren’t able to sell products on our website. BLVR implemented store functionality so customers can choose how many of each soda they want in their case and sign up for a subscription program.

We worked with Adam (COO, BLVR) and Todd (Digital Design Director, BLVR), but I was primarily in contact with Scott (CEO, BLVR) and Damin (Creative Director, BLVR). There was also a coding lead and a project manager, in addition to more people behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with BLVR?

I’ve known them and monitored their work for a long time, so we reached out to them when we started the project.

We spent $20,000.

The initial phase was from April–June 2018. We’re currently wrapping up the website and will relaunch the brand in a couple of months.

We’ve gotten very positive responses from the people we’ve presented their work to. They made a shift in our branding and logo which, at first, I was adamantly opposed to, but I let them show me what they wanted to do. After looking at the packaging side-by-side, I realized it was better than I could have guessed. They made our whole brand cleaner and more recognizable.

How did BLVR perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great with communication. We had three or four in-house meetings in the several months we worked together, in addition to plenty of phone and email communication. I already knew what to expect work-wise, based on what I’d seen them do before we engaged, and they certainly met those expectations.

First and foremost, their integrity is outstanding. They do what they say they’re going to do, and I never felt like I got less than I asked for. In fact, I felt like I got more. They immersed themselves in our brand and filled in the gaps that I couldn’t see, becoming a true part of our team. Our success was their success. Their fresh, outside perspective was extremely helpful.

They were so on top of everything that I often hindered them by getting caught up in other parts of the business. They had to wait for me to approve things. I was never disappointed with anything they provided me.

You should let go of the concrete idea you have of your brand—your baby, really—and be open to what it can become. For us, BLVR’s changes were subtle, but they made a world of difference to our overall appearance.

We had a particular style and look we didn’t want to lose, so their suggestions bothered me at first. After I saw what they had in mind (and got over my personal preconception), I realized how much better their input would make our branding more successful.

Overall Score They pushed me outside my comfort zone on some things, but I’ve seen much improved results because of it.
    They did everything I requested.
    They went all out during production. The end product was definitely worth it.
    They’re professional and their deliverables are excellent.
    I’ve already recommended them to people.

Website Refresh for Child Care Nonprofit

“We can’t think of a better team to work with.”

July 2017 - May 2018

BLVR overhauled the UI/UX of a WordPress website. They also provided valuable input on brand messaging and content management.

Bonita, California
Child Development Associates, Inc.
Marketing & Communications Representative, Child Development Associates

The new website has boosted user engagement and garnered positive feedback on its intuitive and appealing design. BLVR’s meticulous project management and helpful team differentiated them from competitors.

I am the marketing and communications representative of a community-based, nonprofit agency with over 200 employees. Every day, we provide low-income families with access to affordable child care so parents can work or complete their education. We also provide high-quality early education and nutritious meals so children can better succeed in school and life.

For what projects/services did your company hire BLVR?

We hired BLVR to reimagine our website, which was dated and not user- or mobile-friendly.

We needed a high-quality, modern website that made it easy for people to understand who we are, what we have to offer, and how to get involved. The site also needed to unify our fragmented online presence and help us effectively tell our story.

We selected this vendor through a competitive bidding process. BLVR was able to secure the contract by meeting our scope, specifications, and criteria.

BLVR implemented a comprehensive website design and development plan. The project was a large undertaking with a lot of moving parts. They began with an audit of our existing website, identified challenges and opportunities, then strategized a solution. After the planning phase, they helped us structure and organize our content. Using their branding expertise, they helped clarify our messaging, establish creative direction, and capture images and videos.

BLVR designed the UI based on wireframes, goals, and content. They then converted the designs into a custom-coded WordPress site, followed by a quality control process. Once our website went live, BLVR trained us on content management and analytics.

We were assigned a project manager who oversaw the whole process. We met with BLVR's in-house team of experts on branding, copywriting, photography, design, and development at relevant points in the project.

BLVR transformed our outdated website into a beautiful and intuitive platform. Our clients and staff were very impressed with the result. We continue to receive many positive comments about our new website’s professional and modern design. We have also experienced more engagement and submissions through our website’s online contact forms.

BLVR provided excellent project management and guided us every step of the way. They delivered exceptional customer service and were always available to address any questions. We appreciated their patience and positive attitude. While they were open to design suggestions, they made sure that the project stayed on track.

BLVR was wonderful to work with. We were impressed with their ability to get deep inside our mission and more importantly, who we serve. BLVR’s incredible team of creative, professional, and caring experts went the extra mile to help us create custom features to increase our impact. We can’t think of a better team to work with, and we look forward to collaborating again as projects come up.

Overall Score We can’t think of a better team to work with. We look forward to collaborating again as projects come up.
    Scheduling with BLVR was never an issue. They were always flexible and patient when we needed more time.
    The cost was quite competitive and fair, with no surprises.
    The quality of work was nothing short of excellent. Their strategy was forward-thinking, while the design was inspiring and innovative.
    You're in the right hands with BLVR.

Rebranding and SEO for Real Estate Firm

"They’ve gone above and beyond what we asked for."

June 2018 - Ongoing

BLVR is providing ongoing rebranding and SEO support to develop a new brand direction. They’ve developed relevant materials for the new brand, including a fresh website, logo, and marketing strategies.

San Diego, California
Briana Corso
Strategic Development Manager, Commercial Real Estate Group

The developments made by BLVR have exceeded expectations and continue to improve the overall brand appeal. They provide quick responses to questions and and foster a collaborative environment through their project management style.

I am the strategic development manager for a commercial real estate group; we advise high net-worth private and institutional clients.

For what projects/services did your company hire BLVR?

We needed a complete rebranding, SEO strategy, an entirely new website, and to develop new print and digital marketing to match our new brand.

We wanted a cohesive brand that our clients would identify with. This includes a fresh website that attracts more visitors to give us better metrics than our current site.

After working with a previous agency that gave us terrible customer service and no results, we searched for more branding agencies. We wanted one who had done other projects for commercial real estate groups and BLVR had. After considering 5 other agencies and their portfolios, past clients, and website, we decided on BVLR. Overall, it was their work and customer service that lead us to choose them.

After an initial meeting with the director of our project and one of the founders, they set out to learn what we were looking for. We had a meeting with other internal members and they revealed their direction for our brand. We gave them write-ups and our ideas for logos. They created a logo and brand for our team after these meetings.

We work with the director and the founder of the company. We interact with different members of the team, including the digital producer and designer.

We are currently still working with BLVR and anticipate being finished in January, but we are very pleased so far. We are very impressed with the logo and art direction for our website and marketing collateral. They’ve gone above and beyond what we asked for.

They give us weekly updates and we discuss progress at least every two weeks. They keep us updated on what they've accomplished and what the next steps are. The team is highly responsive to every question and phone call; they respond by phone or email within the day. We use a project management site and collaborate on the wireframes of our site.

I find their commitment to understanding our team and our market to be impressive. We can feel that they care about our success and business. They are doing a great job so far.

They've been amazing; I can't think of any improvements.

Overall Score We are very pleased with the project thus for and for the great communication from BLVR. We are excited to see the website once it's completed.
    They are very responsive and available when we have questions. They also gave us ample time to schedule in person meetings with them.
    After speaking to other groups, they are right in line with the market on what services they offer. We are happy with the project and budget.
    We are highly impressed with the logo and art direction BLVR created for us. They have gone above and beyond for our branding project.
    We will definitely be referring BLVR to other commercial real estate groups.

Branding & Magento Web Design for Bag Manufacturer

“They’re able to wow me every time they present an idea.”

Jan. - July 2012

BLVR played a crucial role in the launch of a new business. They named the company and created essential branding materials. They also developed a Magento website and provided PR services.

Carlsbad, California
Ronnie Shaw
Founder & CEO, Vessel Bags

BLVR designed a distinctive brand identity and an aesthetically pleasing website. Their deliverables facilitate annual business growth. A collaborative staff readily engages productive brainstorming sessions to refine project ideation. They promised an overzealous schedule but produced great work.

I’m the founder and CEO of Vessel Bags. We offer handcrafted customized bags for professional athletes.

What challenge were you trying to address with BLVR?

I had the idea for my business but needed help to introduce it to the world. I approached BLVR to design the brand’s identify and develop its e-commerce website.

BLVR helped build my business from the ground up. First, they initiated a brainstorming and competitive research process. They pitched some preliminary business names and drafted early designs. Then, they worked to establish a strategy that would solidify our approach to the marketplace. After creating a cohesive brand, they began developing and designing our Magento website. This process included the implementation of significant features like a golf bag customization module.

Following the website’s launch, we engaged them to provide PR services and influencer research. As a result, they got us into several large golf events and presented me with the opportunity to appear on national television.

There were five people on the project including a project manager, their head of marketing, a Google Analytics specialist, and two designers.

How did you come to work with BLVR?

My business partner researched brand development firms and found them online.

We spent around $600,000.

We worked with them from January–July 2012.

Since 2012, our sales have doubled each year and I attribute a lot of that success to the quality of BLVR’s work. We quickly became the leading custom bag company in our market. The branding materials they’ve delivered look phenomenal. Being so unique in the online space helps continually drive sales. We’ve even been highly-ranked in a local publication’s list of the top 100 fastest-growing private companies San Diego.

How did BLVR perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated once a week during the branding and web development portion of the project. Once the site launched, we only interacted with them about once a month. They understood what we needed and worked with us to deliver. The meeting summaries and final executions met our standards.

I never came to them with concrete ideas, but they proactively engaged the conversation to create the best products possible. They’re able to wow me every time they present an idea.

They could more effectively schedule deliverables. They scoped out a significant project for us and promised a timeline that proved to be too aggressive.

I like working with them and definitely recommend their services. My advice would be to talk to BLVR about the product’s hard launch date and the business implications of such. Make sure they give themselves enough time to complete the project and perform a thorough QA process.

Sometimes they accommodate too much and that can cause delays.
    My company’s performance justifies the price.
    I love the website. It functions well and looks great.
    I’ve referred them many times already.

Branding and Graphic Support for Fundraising Strategy Group

“…almost without compare, they’re able to bring a very strategic approach to the creative that they produce.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2009 - Ongoing

For almost ten years, BLVR has provided outsourced graphic design work for a range of projects from web development and online campaigns to print materials and high-level strategy.

Plano, Texas
Derek Scott
Chief Creative Officer, Dunham+Company

BLVR has become a critical partner for achieving client satisfaction. They bring a strategic approach to high-quality creative outputs that are relevant and powerful. They ensure effective project management with minimal difficulty.

I'm the Chief Creative Officer at Dunham+Company, a Dallas, Texas-based marketing and fundraising agency that works with nonprofit organizations across the U.S., United Kingdom, and Australia.

What challenge were you trying to address with BLVR?

One of our offerings is brand strategy including brand identity from a graphics point of view and we outsource that work.

We outsource all of our brand identity work that’s focused on graphic design and web development to BLVR. They do work for both our company and for our clients. Their projects include print campaigns with graphic design and collaterals and online campaigns with new websites, web banners, and other elements. They also work on high-level strategy.

My traffic manager works directly with a project manager from their side. My main point of contact is their Co-founder and COO. We also work with a brand identity lead.

How did you come to work with BLVR?

A colleague of mine introduced them to us about 10 years ago.

We’ve spent over $1 million with them.

We started working with them in 2009 and it’s ongoing.

View BLVR as a strategic partner in what we deliver to our clients. Generally, all of our clients who are working with BLVR are satisfied with their work. For example, a church we’ve been working with for the last three years in collaboration with BLVR has seen a 15% increase in income and a 10% increase in attendance.

BLVR helps us bring our brand strategies to life creatively on the visual side. They execute at a very high level. They pretty much always nail it. It’s not always on the first shot but it always is when their work is finalized. In my position, it gives me security to know that when I have BLVR on a project, the client is going to be happy with what they get.

How did BLVR perform from a project management standpoint?

Things run pretty smoothly. They recently brought on a new project manager to work with us. They’re growing and needed more help.

Generally, we communicate with clients on behalf of BLVR but it’s not unusual for them to communicate directly.

I can say that, almost without compare, they’re able to bring a very strategic approach to the creative that they produce. It always tells a strong, relevant story that gets attention for the right reasons.

They could improve their attention to detail in terms of proofreading their own copy. We sometimes receive materials that have typos or grammatical errors. The quality of their work is high but sometimes we have to go back and forth to fix the copy.

Don't overly rely on email to communicate. Get on the phone to talk things through. Also, make sure that everyone who will touch the project is brought into the vision from the start and that the entire team is kept well-informed. That way all of the players understand the scope and goals of the project and are pulling in the same direction.

They generally meet deadlines. Sometimes, though, I think we can overwhelm them with the amount of work we throw them and they scramble to keep up with it.
    They bend over backwards to help us work within our clients’ budgets. We get a lot of bang for our buck with them.
    There are small details that could be improved, but overall BLVR’s work is almost beyond compare.
    I’ve referred them in the past and will happily push anyone their way. I know they're going to make me look good.

Rebranding & Website Development for Self-Storage Facility

“What impressed me the most was how they skillfully managed the entire process.”

Dec. 2017 - Apr. 2018

BLVR took over a rebranding project from another vendor. They created a comprehensive style guide and designed, developed, and hosted the new website.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Denver, Colorado
Adam Schlosser
First VP Investments, The LeClaire Group of Marcus & Millichap

The new website quickly attracted more visitors and yielded better user metrics than its older version. BLVR excelled in project management and took ownership of the process. The team was responsive and highly professional.

We are a pioneering self-storage advisory team that provides access to the nation's most extensive buyer pool.

For what projects/services did your company hire BLVR?

We hired them to complete a rebranding effort and develop a new website to go along with it.

We wanted a fresh, easily distinguishable look so that we could stand out from the competition. Our goal was to have a site that had a modern, professional vibe.

They were recommended to us by a colleague.

Initially, they created a new branding package and style guide for us. They then designed, developed, configured, and hosted a brand-new website for us.

Several departments from BLVR were involved in our project, including design, web, and marketing. They assigned one point person to our project, Jonathan (Digital Director, BLVR).

We just launched the new site a few weeks ago, but traffic is already up. Compared with our old website, people are spending more time per visit. Jonathan and the team at BLVR provided us with such a great end product.

The process was quite smooth and simple. We had one point person, which was very effective because it kept confusion down and allowed us to move faster. All of our concerns were managed professionally and in a timely manner.

What impressed me the most was how they skillfully managed the entire process. They did a great job balancing our team's need for control and high level of detail with their need for creative independence so that they could create top-notch branding for us.

I really can't think of any.

Branding Package & Web Redesign for Church

"While the excellent work speaks for itself, they also have integrity and an authenticity about customer relations."

Jan. - June 2017

BLVR has created a branding package that includes print collateral, graphics, a logo, and a promotional video. They’re also developing a WordPress site that incorporates the new brand guidelines.

11- 50 Employees

Keller, Texas
Brian Burton
Creative Director, Keystone Church

The logo has received positive feedback for its compelling and meaningful message. BLVR’s creativity, openness, and values enhance the designs’ effectiveness. The team is committed to success and brings a fresh perspective to the collaborative partnership. They are also patient and trustworthy.

I’m the creative director at Keystone Church.

What challenge were you trying to address with BLVR?

We needed help with branding and web redesign.

We started with a branding strategy, for which we created wireframes and copy. We presented them with our branding document when they visited the church to experience a service. BLVR created a branding style guide to streamline our look and produced an animated promotional video. They also designed samples for marketing collateral including apparel, posters, tags, and signage. Currently, they’re working on a new WordPress site that’ll be finished in summer 2018.

The team also designs content graphics for ongoing communications and message series. After five or six months, we went to see them in San Diego and they unveiled the new logo. Our logo is the word Keystone and the “o” looks like two brackets with a space between them. That “o” opens up like a chain that’s unlocked. In the middle of the word Keystone, in between what we call the broken chain, which represents the “o”, is the branding phrase “Live it Unlocked”.

They then helped us create the brand release strategy, but we held onto it for nine months – three months prior to this review – until after our building finished construction. We’re now promoting the brand and logo via signage and t-shirts.

We work primarily with three people from their team including the COO. The digital director serves as project manager and is the main contact for the site. The lead designer reviews graphics to keep them in line with the brand. We occasionally work with other resources on coding and design.

How did you come to work with BLVR?

Our advertising vendor – billboards, YouTube ads, airtime – recommended several branding agencies for logo design, including BLVR. Although they hadn’t worked with churches, BLVR did have nonprofit experience and shared our values. Everything they did seemed to have meaning and care. We chose them because the team brought a fresh perspective and an eye for excellence

We’ve spent $50,000.

We started working together in January 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

The logo was a missional and meaningful statement. Our team and our congregation love the design for its compelling message. Additionally, we fell in love with the meaning behind the print collateral, as well as the options and creativity that went into its creation. We trust them to realize our collateral’s potential.

Furthermore, they care about their clients, including their mission and vision. It’s not just about colors, fonts, and shapes for them. It goes deep into who they are as people and their character as a company. For example, we recently had a women’s retreat called “Roots”. The group had ideas about what the graphic should look like. We sent BLVR the information and they gave us three ideas, which all looked pretty good. However, our team miscommunicated the look to BLVR and the design was different than what the Roots group wanted. After we explained the mistake, BLVR redid the graphic in an incredibly quick turnaround.

How did BLVR perform from a project management standpoint?

The team’s promptness, great ideas, and openness to feedback make them a wonderful partner. They don’t take critiques personally and will work until they get it right. On our side, we’ve had some trouble articulating our vision and BLVR has always been patient during that process.

Sometimes, we communicate through a third-party media buyer that interfaces with BLVR on our behalf. For direct communication, we use GoToMeeting, Zoom, and email. We also share files via Google drive. Currently, daily communication is on hold while BLVR is completing a coding project; we’ll pick up again when they’re ready to present the results.

While the excellent work speaks for itself, they also have integrity and an authenticity about customer relations. They care about us and are passionate about our mission and success.

They can push the envelope a little more when it comes to the graphics' look. They don’t have to play safe. We don’t want to be cheesy; we want to create art and they know that. We want to be inspiring. We always get there eventually, but I want them to keep pushing that artistic balance with us.

Be ready with a direction and vision in mind. They can’t create something when the client doesn’t have a vision for it, but they can help that vision come to life.

Overall Score They do good work. I love that they give back to their community. It’s not a company that’s a taker.
    They hit the mark and always communicate if they hit a snag.
    Their service is expensive, but worth it.
    The work is always meaningful, timely, and visually appealing.
    I tell people about them all the time.

Branding for Nonprofit

"With BLVR, the work is so good, and it gets better every time."

May 2012 - Ongoing

BLVR prepared a vibrant brand identity and custom website for a nonprofit, creating digital strategies, logos, products, and all other design materials. They now contribute suggestions as needed.

Boise, Idaho
Matt Pipkin
CEO, Speak your Silence

After BLVR proposed the organization’s iconic logo and developed it into a full-scale brand, over 27,000 people have adopted it. The team’s responsiveness, creativity, and respect for the broader mission ensure a strong long-term partnership.

I’m the founder and CEO of Speak Your Silence, a nonprofit focused on breaking the stigma of childhood sexual abuse.

What challenge were you trying to address with BLVR?

When we first approached BLVR, we were looking for a whole branding package. We needed to create a new brand identity, website, messaging, calls to action—everything really. That was about five years ago.

BLVR delivered the brand strategy for us. They built everything you see on our website and everything we have that’s digital. They did our design and logo, and they helped us design products, packaging, the website, signage, print materials, and pitch decks. The website has been through multiple iterations over the past five years. We’ve used WordPress from the very beginning. Everything they’ve done for us has been custom. The guys at BLVR will make suggestions, and then I'll make requests, whether it’s adding the option to join as a monthly donor or an annual one, making suggestions on the basic functionality of the website and the presentation of it, or creating lightboxes for videos or newsletter subscription pop-ups or screen takeovers.

How did you come to work with BLVR?

We found BLVR through a friend who had them as a client.

How much have you invested with BLVR?

I don't have the exact numbers, but I think we’ve spent $40,000–$50,000 with BLVR over the course of a few years, which is probably low compared to what many would pay for this type of work. Design and branding have been my focus in building my organization. We have a monthly service agreement with BLVR for continuing design/web work, and they’ve been very generous to us as a nonprofit.

We started working with BLVR in May of 2012, and we’re about to launch this new website, so our work together is ongoing. We’re on a monthly service agreement now, which is different from what we originally contacted them for.

I don't have good metrics for you, but BLVR did help us develop the stitch zigzag into a recognizable and highly respected brand symbol. In the last 2.5 years, we went from 500 people wearing it to roughly 27,000, primarily driven through everything BLVR has done for us. We’ve done marketing, of course, but our overall success has been because BLVR created high-quality work that people latched onto.

BLVR has been great. We’ve seen more traffic to our website, and more people are buying the clothing we’re selling. We’re also starting to get brand partnerships, and it’s because the caliber of our work is top-quality. If we were working with a low-level designer who didn't create great work, we wouldn't be getting these partnerships.>

We’re based in Boise, Idaho, and I intentionally work with BLVR in San Diego because they have the best designers and great developers, and they are just good people. With previous designers, I would get nervous when they would send me designs to review. I would think, “Oh man. I hope I don't have to tell them that I hate it.” With BLVR, the work is so good, and it gets better every time. I don't even know how to explain it. They’re current on what’s current, yet while maintaining a timeless, classic brand. They know what looks good, and they have fresh stuff for me all the time. Each time I go, “Dang. This is better than the last one, and that one was really good.” BLVR has really great designers, and with branding, it’s all about quality. Anyone can build a website or create a logo, but the logo was the part I cared the least about. The guys at BLVR did such a great job putting the whole package together that the logo was an afterthought to me.

How did BLVR perform from a project management standpoint?

BLVR performs great from a project management standpoint, and they’ve been phenomenal to work with. The creative director role is on my end, and I give BLVR the freedom to do what they’re good at. Our work together is very much a collaboration. I was in San Diego recently for a face-to-face meeting with BLVR to catch up on what’s happening and to strategize and figure out what the next steps are. We have one of the healthier types of business relationships that you can have, really.

BLVR is super responsive. Adam is my primary point of contact, and he always replies the same day or within a few hours. I typically have one point of contact on specific projects, and they keep the communication process simple and streamlined with clear expectations. We have three or four designers, depending on what the project is, and I’ll contact them directly when I'm in the middle of a project. For creative strategy, I talk with Scott [CEO, BLVR], and we’ll communicate via phone and email. Angela [Brand Account Manager, BLVR] helps occasionally. I’ll get in touch with her for editing and crafting mass newsletter emails.

Just like with any company, BLVR has changed over time, and their processes have improved. We primarily use email to communicate, but we also use BugHerd on the website that we’re pushing out. This new website is even more responsive than the previous one. We still have a few little things we’re going to change. We’re going to make the testimonials begin at the bottom of the first page, and those will be displayed one quote at a time to clean it up. They also helped strategize the flow of this website to focus on The Stitch and keep the available information simple. Our current website focuses more on our counseling program, which we found was creating message confusion. Scott helped us lay out a logical flow that focused on the user and what they’re looking for.

What did you find most impressive about BLVR?

I’m most impressed by their hearts. They’re just good people. Sometimes you wonder if you can trust some of the people you work with, but I know I can trust the guys at BLVR. They have our best interests in mind. There are two companies we’ve worked with for five years because they’re great people, and BLVR is one of the two. I’ve had people say, “You need to change out your creative from time to time.” Well, BLVR brings in new designers and new creatives, so that right there is a changeover, and I have no desire to move away from these guys if they’re doing such a great job for me. I’ve stuck with them, and they’ve kept things really fresh.

Are there any areas BLVR could improve?

I can’t think of any ways BLVR could improve. They keep refining their processes and getting better.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with BLVR?

I've introduced people to BLVR and they've really liked them. I suggest that prospective customers should just talk to the guys at BLVR and see if they're a good fit for them. I can't think of anything prospective customers need to be aware of. I give them glowing endorsements anytime anyone asks.

Overall Score BLVR is the best. I don't take phone calls for people I don't like working with.
    They're great.
    They’ve been incredible. They’ve far surpassed what we would get anywhere else.
    They’re great people, and they do top-tier work on a tight timeline.
    I recommend BLVR to people all the time as it is.

Rebrand and Website for 401(k) Provider

"The first logo they gave us was the one we went with."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

BLVR conducted a full-scale rebranding package for a 401(k) provider, highlighting an accessible approach through a professional look and feel. The team now provides ongoing design assistance.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Chief Marketing Director, 401(k) Provider

Thanks to BLVR’s expert creations, the new site has increased lead captures and improved conversion rates. The team continues to offer superb UX/UI layouts and a cohesive brand message, excelling in both timeline execution and deliverable quality.

The client is a 401(k) provider. I’m the chief marketing officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with BLVR?

We needed to rebrand our company to update the look and feel and to reflect who we were and where we’d grown. We were a small firm that started and now one of the fastest growing 401(k) solutions in the country. We needed a professional brand that was still accessible.

They started with logo design and color schemes. They worked on every piece of collateral that we put out as it relates to the rebrand, including client statements, business cards, presentations, and videos. We also did a rebrand of the website in WordPress. The website acts as our primary capture for lead flow and has to connect to our Salesforce.BLVR helped with a lot of the backend by including forms and making sure things were feeding through to our CRM [customer relationship management] correctly. They helped us with the standard best practices for metatags and such, but they didn’t do any active SEO. The scope changed according to what we wanted.

How did you come to work with BLVR?

A friend of mine, Scott, works at BLVR. We worked on a project together before he went to BLVR. When he went to work there, he called and asked if I needed any work done. We started with small projects, and our relationship grew from there.

How much have you invested with BLVR?

We have a lot of things happening all the time. Our spend with them is six figures every year. The total cost for the rebrand, redesign, and website was between $30,000 and $50,000.

We started working with them 2.5 years ago, and the work is ongoing.

We weren’t tracking the analytics or optimizing certain pages or lead flows before working with BLVR, but we are now. I don’t have any numbers. The conversion also has to do with people’s overall perception of the brand, so that’s been helpful too. We’re a fast-growing company, but I don’t know how to attribute that to the look, feel, and brand of the company. Feedback from customers and colleagues has been phenomenal. In our world, we’re big, but we’re smaller than the big banks. We have to look the part, but we also have to draw a differentiation because we don’t want to be a big firm; we want to be independent. We don’t want to look too boutique. Instead, we want to look big enough that people know we’re not a boutique. There’s a fine line there. BLVR nailed that in our logo and collateral and everything we do.

How did BLVR perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re fantastic. We used BugHerd to track bugs. They give me comps in Envision that I can click through if we’re going to do a UX layout. They’re very responsive, which is one of the top things I need in a relationship because we’re always moving quickly. When I call, someone answers the phone, which I really appreciate. They will do emergency work over weekends if they need to get things done. The relationship was collaborative, but we didn’t need to do many iterations. The first logo they gave us was the one we went with. They gave us a strong presentation and captured it in the first go.

What did you find most impressive about BLVR?

I’ve worked with a lot of agencies in the past, and I feel like you typically get an agency that’s run by creative types who put out good work with no execution or accountability. Timelines are often missed with those agencies. Some firms are good at execution, but the work isn’t that great. BLVR’s CEO, Adam, acts as the project manager and has created a structure to make sure the projects are getting done in the way that clients want.

Are there any areas BLVR could improve?

I think their price is in the right spot. I’ve worked with other big-name brand agencies that over-charge for their services. BLVR isn’t a local two-man shop. You are getting a 30-person company that is still hungry like a small company but isn’t so big that they’re disconnected from what the client wants.

Trust their process. Allow them the freedom to do what they’re great at.

We set the expectations at the beginning of the timeline. If a date is going to change, they tell me and let me know why. Often, the timeline changes because I change the scope.
    They earn what they make. I never feel like I’m overpaying or underpaying. It’s a fair price for the quality of work.
    They consistently deliver great work in a timely manner.
    I refer everyone who’s not my competitor.