We craft perfection

BluePixel is a UX/UI Boutique Agency dedicated to the design and development of websites and mobile applications. We are experts in innovation, user experience, and usability.  We are an agency that develops integral digital projects. Among our services, we offer planning, design, and development of mobile apps and websites, branding, usability and user experience consulting and digital marketing.

Through our UX/UI Factory, we take full care of the UX/UI + design needs of software development companies.

Mexico, Mexico
  • Celaya 4, Hipodromo condesa
    Mexico, DIF 06170
    Mexico

We work with companies of all sizes, from local startups to international conglomerates, BluePixel has a specialized multilingual team that adapts to all type of UX/UI projects.

UX/UI Design for Digital Marketing Agency

"Their focus on UX/UI and deep skills there are most impressive."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

BluePixel provides development support for a digital marketing agency. They work on the platform to make it more immersive and agile to connect with their clients.

Rafael Hernandez y Orduña
Founder, Alchemy

The support from BluePixel has helped the client, especially the team’s capability in turning a concept into a tangible deliverable. Bringing a specified focus in the industry and an efficient approach to the work, their team is an asset to the engagement.

Introduce your business and what you do there

I’m the founder of a consulting and digital marketing agency specialized in digital transformation.

What challenges were you trying to address with BluePixel?

We needed to create a platform that would communicate our company’s values and message. As a consulting agency, it’s hard to find a way to transmit our message and services with little information, so we hired them.

We needed to find an agile way to connect with our clients. Because of this, we’ve worked with BluePixel in making our platform agile, memorable, immersive, minimalist, and simple.

Throughout the project, about five people from their team have worked with us.

How did you come to work with BluePixel?

I’d worked in technology firms before and during the last few years, I’ve been very present in the startup environment in Mexico. I got to know Blue Pixel via the startup community, they were introduced by colleagues.

I contacted them along with some other agencies, and they were the ones that we chose to work with. Outside of just this project, they also provided us with consulting in another very important project.

We’ve spent around $550,000 MXN (approximately $25,900 USD).

We started working with them in November 2019 and continue our collaboration as business partners.

Their processes and ability to turn an abstract idea into a real project very quickly are outstanding. The project has taken about 3 months in total, which is really record time.

How did BluePixel perform from a project management standpoint?

They have documented processes for scheduling and follow up that allows them to have quick but effective meetings and execute the project smoothly and quickly. That was great.

Their focus on UX/UI and deep skills there are most impressive. They are a great team for the development process.

I couldn’t say anything at the moment, except that their prices could be lower.

Mobile App Dev for Pet Social Network

"The most impressive thing is that they have very few employers, and they do a lot of work."

Jan. - Oct. 2019

BluePixel redesigned an existing app with a focus on the UX/UI. They redeveloped the app for Android and iOS platforms.

Francisco Pinera
CEO, Petaholics SAS

The app launched successfully with minimal issues. Users haven't complained about the accessibility of the solution. While the partnership began on a collaborative note, it faded into infrequent communication. The vendor's lack of responsiveness caused some workflow issues.

The company is called Petaholics, it is a Social Network for pets. The idea is to unite all animal lovers all over the world in one fun and efficient app. You can find different sections here such as Where to go, Lost and Found, Adopt and Besties. I am the creator and CEO of this company.

For what projects/services did your company hire BluePixel?

We decided to hire them so they could re design the app with a more UX/UI stile and to develop the app for Android and iOS.

To create a ver complicated but easy use app. To be able to put sponsored posts. To let people upload as many animals they wanted, as many different animals and breeds that exist. To create a range radius based on geolocation at the time for adoptions, lost or found animals, sponsored posts and where to go subsections. A way to upload pictures with filters and give them likes. Edit profiles and add new pets.

A friend of mine recommended this vendor because my friend is a familiar.

I had the idea and I had already started it with another vendor, he bailed on me so I searched for a new one and found them. We had a meeting and I explained all the issues I had with the last vendor and all I wanted my app to do. We had several meetings to explain the most important parts of the app and how I wanted them, they showed me the designs. Then we had video meetings to talk about progress and delays. Then they started with the development of the app and sent me testing versions of it. After some changes and some delays they had it done.

Initially my project manager was the owner vendor, but she went on her honeymoon and I was re directed to a new project manager, and then she came back and took again the managing. I had conversations also with the developer of the app that was in Argentina.

Within 6 months after the release of the app it has had 2 crashes, not important ones. No complains from the users.

At the beginning we had a lot of communication but suddenly it became less efficient. We had to talk constantly about the lack of communications and the lack of response I had with them. They changed some designs that were important in the legal area and that were created specially for this app so we had another talk about that and they had to put them back. So the workflow was not great.

The most impressive thing is that they have very few employers and they do a lot of work.

I would say they should improve communication with the client. To keep him informed about what is happening with the project, the issues that are arising, the changes they want to make and why. Also I think that they should talk more clearly about what they need the client to do, or review so they can work with that. They should be really specific because not all the clients know all the terms or know about UX/UI, app development and all that stuff that sometimes you can think the other person already knows. They should be really clear about times and if something happens that make a delay, talk about it. In conclusion I would say communication.

Overall Score They are a really good growing company.
    They had a lot of delays and they didn't mange to complete some of the sections.
    They made a first price and then they raised it to complete some of the functions.
    The design and the functionality of the app is great. They made a 95% of all the app workable.
    They work really good, but the issue would be timing and communication.

Web Development for Sports Technology Company

“We’ve had great feedback from our website on how simple and easy to navigate it is.”

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

BluePixel provides development services for a sports technology company. Their work includes UI/UX design for their platform.

Octavio Valdes
CEO, Picksbot

BluePixel’s work was met with positive acclaim. The team delivered an aesthetically pleasing platform with excellent functionality. Customers can expect a communicative team that walks their clients through the technical ins and outs of their projects.

I am the CEO of Picksbot, a sports technology company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with BluePixel?

We needed help with web development.

They developed our platform’s user experience and back end, making sure to bring all of our ideas into our platform and they even helped us to design the predictive algorithm in which our system is based.

We have a developer and a UI/UX designer working for us all the time but there’s been more people involved, in total around 6 or 7 people have worked on our project.

How did you come to work with BluePixel?

They were referred to us by a previous client of theirs. Once we started asking for quotations, they offered a competitive price. It was also important for us that they are based physically close to us so we could coordinate better. Lastly, we liked their proactivity, which they showed us all in all of the different ways in which they could solve our needs and requirements.

We’ve invested around $75,000.

We started working with them in November 2019 and continue working and expect to have a long-term relation with them.

We are very happy with the quality of the design; it has a very professional look. Also, we are happy with the website’s functionality. We’ve had great feedback from our website on how simple and easy to navigate it is.

How did Blue Pixel perform from a project management standpoint?

They have great project management; they always keep us informed on any progress they make and they send weekly reports. They have a schedule that has been met on 90% and that makes us feel confident in knowing when we are going to have our product available and ready.

One of their greatest strengths is their constant communication. I had other experiences working with developers before and it would always come to a point in which I didn’t know what they were doing. That wasn’t’ the case with BluePixel.

They’re also great at explaining clearly and translating technical language so we can understand them clearly.

No, I don’t have anything to say on that side. I know that they are growing a lot and that that, sometimes cause companies to leave some holes with other clients but they have been able to manage that very well.

App Design Efforts for Digital Payment Platform

“The project is very well structured. BluePixel meets all the deadlines and even delivers early at times.”

July 2019 - Ongoing

BluePixel handles app design efforts for a digital payment platform. Using Zeplin, their team handles UI/UX designs while incorporating research on user persona and journey. They've also helped with branding.

Juan Zabal
Founder, Invoicenet

The app's prototype has received positive feedback, particularly highlighting the effective UX design. BluePixel is easily accessible and receptive to feedback. Their team maintains effective communication through video conferences. They meet deadlines and sometimes deliver earlier than expected.

I’m the founder of a digital payment platform.

What challenges were you trying to address with BluePixel?

There’s a lot of competition in the digital payment business, so we wanted to do something to help us stand out. We decided to design an app version of our existing platform.

BluePixel designed our app using Zeplin. Their team conducted research related to buyer persona, customer journey, and even more. They helped us come up with the app name, brand name, and overall image branding.

There are three people involved, including Maria (Developer).

How did you come to work with BluePixel?

We had a hard time finding someone to handle the UI/UX design stage of the app’s development. Our team wanted to find a company that understood the Mexican market and was also good and accessible. I conducted research on LinkedIn to look for adequate profiles and found BluePixel through this effort.

Upon completion, we will have spent around $150,000.

We started working with them in July 2019, and the project is still ongoing. We’re currently in the second phase.

I’m very happy with their work. The app will be released in 3–4 months, but I’ve already presented the platform to a lot of people and they’ve liked it. What’s more, I’ve heard great comments about the UX, which is BluePixel’s main focus.

How did BluePixel perform from a project management standpoint?

We don’t use any specific project management tools. Our teams communicate through video conferences, using Zoom. BluePixel uploads everything on the platform, and then we can interact with the development features and give our feedback.

I had my reservations because Maria is very young, so I thought her experience would be limited. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The project is very well structured. BluePixel meets all the deadlines and even delivers early at times.

No, there aren’t any areas for improvement.

Website Dev & UX Design for Airline Services Company

“BluePixel makes usability the center of their work, and they absolutely nailed our project as a result.”

May - Aug. 2019

BluePixel developed two websites for co-owned airline services companies in Mexico. They focused on organizing and streamlining UI/UX to consolidate service offerings.

Mexico
Diego Esquivel
Purchasing Manager, Aerocharter de Mexico

Both the client’s executive team and customers have reported incredibly positive feedback about the look and usability of the new websites. Bluepixel’s team was professional and communicative throughout their work, prioritizing user flows and incorporating all client feedback into the design.

Aerocharter de Mexico is in charge of bringing a variety of operational services to airlines around the country and internationally, from cargo handling to legal services. I am a purchasing manager and focus on marketing and logistics with the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with BluePixel?

Our main goal was to provide a solid user experience on our new website. Being a company that offers a lot of services, we needed to help our clients understand our range of offerings as easily as possible.

They helped us build the websites of two of our companies from the ground up and also developed marketing collateral for one of our brands. The main focus of the project was on streamlining UI/UX so that our customers can navigate and select their desired options as easily as possible.

We worked with an account executive, a chief designer, developer, and the director of their company all relatively closely.

How did you come to work with BluePixel?

I heard from others in the industry that they were very professional, and I was very impressed with the work they had done in the past. Their team had particularly substantial experience with UI/UX design.

We spent around $30,000 on the project in total.

The project ran from around May–August 2019.

We launched the website successfully at the end of the project, and our IT department has run everything from there. I don’t have any specific metrics on its performance, but what I can say is that our owners and directors were very happy with the finished result of the project.

Many of our customers have also reported feeling totally comfortable with navigating the website and finding all of the resources they needed there. We have been able to transmit the sense of security and reliability to our customers through the site, which is everything we ever hoped to be able to do.

How did BluePixel perform from a project management standpoint?

From the beginning, they spent a lot of time trying to understand our needs and the market in which we were operating. They helped us pull the types of layouts and style choices that we liked from other places on the web and suggested a lot of good ideas for ways to improve the design.

I have a marketing and design background, so I was able to work closely with their team throughout the project. We used WhatsApp every day to discuss small developments in the day-to-day, and we used a dummy version of the website to help organize the work and plan our next steps throughout the project. We held meetings over calls, and they were always responsive to whatever questions and requests that we had.

Their UX/UI experience really sets them apart from any other companies in their industry. Some developers put UX second and maybe get to it as an afterthought, but BluePixel makes usability the center of their work, and they absolutely nailed our project as a result.

No, I don’t have any specific things that they could improve upon.

Whenever I recommend them to another company for this kind of work, I point them to the work BluePixel has done in the past, because that is the best way to know if they are the right fit for you.

Overall Score I’m really happy with their work.
    They demonstrated a lot of commitment to the project in their adherence to all deadlines.
    They’re not the cheapest provider, but you absolutely get your money’s worth and more.

Web Dev & UX Design for Stadium Box Rental Platform

"I’m very satisfied with BluePixel’s service and very happy with the website."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

BluePixel provides design and development services for an online platform. Their responsibilities have involved user interviewing and testing.

Diego Kawas
Founder & CEO, Stadibox.com

The solution has garnered positive feedback from users. Stakeholders are pleased with BluePixel’s organized method of managing tasks and flexible workflow. Their expertise surrounding UX has been a highlight.

I’m the founder and CEO of Stadibox.com, a stadium box rental platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with BluePixel?

I needed someone experienced in UI/UX.

Using a bottom-up approach, they developed an entirely new website for me.

When I got in touch with them, they brought my idea to life. First, they did an analysis of my market. Then, they created the wireframes. After doing the designs, they moved on to development using Java. They did user testing as well. Now, they’re developing the second version using Node.js with the aim of increasing speed.

There are eight people in total. I was in touch with three developers, the project manager, two designers, and an administrative person.

How did you come to work with BluePixel?

My friend recommended them. I interviewed them and found they were very good at what they do. They advised me that having a good user experience is an important part of getting repeat users.

I’ve invested $20,000-$25,000.

We started working together in January 2017 and the work is ongoing.

Vistors say the website is easy to use and efficient. I’m very satisfied with BluePixel’s service and very happy with the website. They do interviews with our clients to make sure they understand what our users need.

How did BluePixel perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a schedule for the project, and I can track their work using a tool. During the process, we needed to change the requirements, and they made it easy.

They are knowledgeable in the area of design and UX, and they provide user testing. In Mexico, that’s difficult to get.

Potential customers should talk with the team about what they want. I’m really satisfied with what they do.

UI/UX Design & Dev for E-Commerce Platform

“They developed a very good scalable website for us.”

2018 - Ongoing

BluePixel provides website design and development services, working first on wireframes and designs for a site and then building it. They also contributed to the logo and collateral design.

CEO, E-Commerce Company

The finished website is excellent, achieving the company’s aims and providing a scalable platform that can grow in the future. The team is communicative and responsive, offering excellent ideas to ensure that the best product was produced.

We’re an e-commerce startup in Mexico, with a website and apps.

What challenge were you trying to address with BluePixel?

I had some new business ideas, so they helped me design and develop my site.

We first talked about my idea and developed a business model, then started work on designs and wireframes. After that, they formed the website, helping with the logo and collateral design. We reviewed their work and made changes based on market data.

We worked with up to five people from their team. The first steps involved Maria (Director, BluePixel), after which we worked with her team. We’ve run several projects with them, and our interactions vary depending on the project, but we usually talk several times a week.

How did you come to work with BluePixel?

They were recommended to me by a university. I had a meeting with Maria online, during which she offered us a very competitive price. I also looked online for agencies from around the world but chose BluePixel.

We started this project in October 2018, and the work is ongoing. I will be starting a new project with them.

I was surprised by how skilled BluePixel’s team was. They developed a very good scalable website for us. The IT world is constantly changing, so we’ve always wanted our website to do more. They made all the changes we asked for, and everything works well.

How did BluePixel perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated by phone and email, and we had in-person meetings. They performed very well.

Their concern over our project impressed me. I’ve worked with a lot of vendors in Mexico, and BluePixel has the best level of commitment. They like to create long-term relationships, helping with maintenance and changes that we require. Their ideas are excellent and have helped us adapt our product to be more scalable.

I’m sure that they’ll grow a lot, which they have to be ready for.

Development requires a lot of trust in vendors, and Maria is a trustworthy professional.

They scheduled everything, and they stuck to that schedule.
    It's a good value for the money spent.
    They delivered everything on time, and they were flexible to our changes.
    I’ve already recommended them to some of my friends.