Canada's Leading SEO and Web Design Company

BlueHat Marketing provides comprehensive online marketing solutions for businesses. Our focus is on optimizing websites to maximize their visibility on search engines and drive customers to our clients’ doors.

Montreal, Canada

Marlow's Diamond & Design

Priority Plumbing

Keller Williams Realty

Digital Marketing for Canadian Wealth Advisory

"They went to great lengths to understand our business."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

BlueHat developed SEO and marketing strategies to put an asset management firm on the map. Their efforts included paid search, social media, SEO and developing in-house capabilities.

Toronto Metro Area
SVP of Sales and Marketing, Wealth Management Advisory

BlueHat worked hard to understand the individual business needs and quickly took the website’s traffic from 300/month to 17,000/month. Google rankings increased in multiple keywords.

I’m the Senior Vice President of sales and marketing at an asset management firm. We partner with some of the largest asset managers around the world to bring investment ideas to Canadian investors. We specialize in emerging markets, but we also do mutual funds and institutional products as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat?

We compete with some of the largest banks in Canada, so one of our biggest challenges in branding. If you think of a large bank, for example, they’ll have mutual fund solutions, but they also have an extended distribution network through their retail channels. We don’t. We have to be able to do a lot of branding, and one of the most effective ways to do that is through our website. We have some limitations in what we can do since we’re essentially a B2B, so branding is important. Everybody knows the big brands; we have to build our brand using technology in an innovative way to pass our competitors. Having a good marketing team and a good SEO strategy is key.

We do paid search; we do social media. We also do all the traditional stuff, PR and all that. We started working with them two years ago and at that time our website wasn’t well maintained. We didn’t have any SEO strategy. My goal was to get them to put us on the map, get our rankings up, get us some authority and in effect train us. For two years they set us up so we could compete with our peers. Now we have specialty in-house, but they were instrumental in setting us up.

How did you come to work with BlueHat?

We had about four or five different companies present to us, and some of the questions I was asking those questions weren’t being answered in a satisfactory manner. When we got the proposal from BlueHat, it was really what we were looking for. From a business side, they were ready to bill in the way I wanted them to, and also in terms of the reporting side, they were willing to do the things that I was looking for and to match our expectations for how the campaigns would go and what we wanted them to fix.

How much have you invested with BlueHat?

The way we looked at it is, it costs less than hiring an internal person but it’s five or six times the value because they have more people and more solutions and different expertise.

We started in 2015. We don’t currently have an agreement with BlueHat, but they put together the framework that we’re working with today.

My intention with BlueHat was to use them to get us up and running and then do this work in-house, but if we hadn’t developed our own team we’d certainly still be using BlueHat today. We were probably something like 20-millionth in the Canadian space, just not recognizable at all. Within a couple of months, we were going up and up, and I think we ended up in the 400,000-500,000s, which is totally acceptable. Traffic-wise, we went from 300/month to 12,000-17,000. We could do more, but part of our problem is that we can’t go retail. We have to stick with that B2B area, which isn’t a large universe. But it’s still decent, 17,000. Our visibility went up in terms of keywords rankings. People aren’t as excited as they used to be, but we’ve got a lot of the keywords up there.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat?

They went to great lengths to understand our business at first. They team does come around; they do understand your issues. They have expertise on their end.

Are there any areas BlueHat could improve?

It’s like with any company: there’s a lot of attention in the first part and you want that kind of attention more. It always comes at a price and you always get to that discussion at some point. But if you know that your base is going to be $20,000/month and you know what you want to get for that amount of money, you’ll get it.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with BlueHat?

I would say that if you have a good understanding of the process it’s better because you can’t guide a team to work with you unless you understand it. You probably won’t get enough out of it. If you do your homework, it’ll go a lot better. Understand your expectations. If you want to get in millions in website visits per month, it’s going to be expensive. If you can geographically target, you can be very successful. And I would also say to puck back if you don’t like the quality. Tell them you’d like it to be reviewed.

5 – It would depend on the type of company. If it was a small or medium company that’s regionally located, I definitely recommend them.

SEO Work for Global Lighting Company

“They’re very helpful and they’re always available.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

BlueHat performed SEO services in order to boost the Google rankings of a lighting design firm. They also offered key insights on how to optimize the company blog to benefit visibility.

CEO, Lighting Company

BlueHat met the stated goal of getting the company onto the first page of Google’s search results in half the allotted timeframe. Their strengths included responsive service and insightful suggestions.

We design and manufacture decorative light fixtures for both residential and corporate clients. My position here is CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat?

We wanted to increase our rankings on Google. Our business here in North America is very young compared to our parent company in Australia, so we wanted to make sure that we were doing the best we could with getting our name out into the public forum. We employed BlueHat Marketing to help us get there.

Our website was fairly young, so we used BlueHat for SEO. They also assisted in giving direction for how we could improve our website to optimize rankings and visibility in Google. We didn’t do any pay-per-click. They advised against that, actually: they thought we’d rank higher if we went just with organic searches and rankings. Most of the time their work is behind the scenes and I don’t truly know what it is. They originally did some blogging with us, and we weren’t happy with the direction they were taking it and the format and the way that we were presenting the company to the world in the blog, so we decided to take that over for them. Now they just give us some guidance on what we need to include in the blog to help us with the rankings.

How did you come to work with BlueHat?

We found them through Google search and then doing some reviews of their previous work with other companies. They’re local, as well. We did look at a company out in Calgary and one in Philadelphia that we considered, but I didn’t want to look too far afield from where we are.

How much have you invested with BlueHat?

We’re investing about $2,500 Canadian [approximately $1,900 USD] monthly.

We began January 2016 and we just finished.

We wanted to be on the first page of Google, and we achieved that in the first six to eight months. After that, we worked on getting higher on that page. Before BlueHat came on board we were many pages further back. We’re absolutely satisfied with their work.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat?

They’re very helpful and they’re always available, and they helped us achieve the goal that we set.

Are there any areas BlueHat could improve?

Not from what we had used them for.

I was happy with what they did. They advised us and we made any changes that they suggested, and I found that very successful. I wasn’t too strict on the way our site needed to be, so with that flexibility, they were able to suggest any changes and we were able to implement them within a certain time period, which helped us get to where we wanted to be.

We achieved our goals in the first half of the contract period.
    They stuck to the quota. Their cost was pretty par for the course.

SEO for Plumbing Business

"BlueHat Marketing has done a good job at representing us online, moving us up in terms of rankings."

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

Bluehat Marketing built a website and manages a client's PPC campaign, acting as the marketing department for the small business in a competitive industry.

Calgary, Canada
Director of Marketing, Plumbing Business

Bluehat Marketing has improved the client's keyword ranking for important local searches on Google. They are fair and flexible with pricing and listen to client concerns deeply.

We are a plumbing and heating company with a long history on the market. We are located in California. I am the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

Our team is busy and is being pulled in many different directions. We needed help with online marketing.

BlueHat Marketing built our current website and is working on a new version. They've also managed our PPC [pay-per-click] lead generation campaign.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

I'm not sure what the selection process was since I was on maternity leave at the time, but I believe BlueHat Marketing was referred to us by another company. It ultimately worked out great.

How much have you invested with BlueHat Marketing?

We have a $50,000 annual budget for the PPC campaign.

We started working with BlueHat Marketing 5 years ago, and have an ongoing relationship.

Revenue-wise, our company has been stagnant, but this is related to the local economy. We've definitely increased our reputation in the market. BlueHat Marketing has done a good job at representing us online, moving us up in terms of rankings. We're always within the top 3 positions for important keywords and most times in the first place.

When we started working with BlueHat Marketing, one of the challenges was surpassing a particular competitor. BlueHat Marketing was able to do it. Since then, anything other than the first position is not satisfying for us, and BlueHat Marketing can do it within our budget.

How did BlueHat Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I don't fully understand BlueHat Marketing's business, but I believe that they've grown a lot since we started working together. Even so, we still receive personalized service from BlueHat Marketing's principal. We were never assigned to a rep, which is quite amazing.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat Marketing?

We have worked with other companies in the past. Many of them just want to take clients' money, but BlueHat Marketing has aimed to deliver. They're great to work with, and they want us to succeed.

Are there any areas BlueHat Marketing could improve?

I don't think so.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with BlueHat Marketing?

Be open and clear with BlueHat Marketing about what you want, check with them on a regular basis, and watch what's happening in the market. It's important to bring up ideas, allowing BlueHat Marketing to with them.

We can be impatient, but SEO takes time.
    BlueHat Marketing has been more than reasonable in this regard. Increases over the years have been minor. When extra work is required, BlueHat Marketing lays out what we will receive and what it will cost, giving us the option to start it or not.
    BlueHat Marketing has given us the results we need.

Digital Marketing for Signage Company

"BlueHat Marketing greatly improved our Google visibility."

Jan. 2015 - Dec. 2016

Bluehat Marketing marketed a small business on Google using organic SEO techniques and partnering with the client's social media efforts.

Vice President, Signage Company

Bluehat Marketing has improved the client's website visibility on Google local searches and the overall architecture of the site. They could improve industry knowledge but have satisfied the client.

Our family-owned sign company was started by my father many years ago. We have a team of 7 employees that produce signage and print material. I am in charge of file management, sales, design, and production.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

We needed to improve the site's ranking so that we would be better seen on Google.

BlueHat Marketing designed and developed our website. They also provided organic SEO for it, while I was in charge of the social media end.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

BlueHat Marketing was found by another employee through an online search. After a few conversations with the candidates, she eventually recommended BlueHat Marketing to me.

How much have you invested with BlueHat Marketing?

The cost of BlueHat Marketing's services was $10,000 per year, on average.

We started working with BlueHat Marketing in 2015. The contract has been recently terminated.

BlueHat Marketing greatly improved our Google visibility. Because we were dealing with organic traffic, there wasn't a big improvement immediately. I've mainly seen it within the last 8 months based on the analytics provided by BlueHat Marketing.

How did BlueHat Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Over the course of our 2-year relationship, BlueHat Marketing was very professional and available. They did exactly what we asked for and provided advice for our site's direction.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat Marketing?

Nothing in particular.

Are there any areas BlueHat Marketing could improve?

I can't expect BlueHat Marketing to understand my business as well as I understand it, so we've had to work together. I can't think of any improvements for them.

Google does work, so, if someone is contemplating not advertising through the search engine, they should reconsider it.

BlueHat Marketing could have been quicker in terms of putting together designs.
    No complaints here.
    I was happy with BlueHat Marketing's work, but the lack of understanding around my business created a bit of a void.

Organic SEO for Jewelry Store

"They’re very straightforward in what the results are and how the results are working."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Bluehat Marketing provides online marketing support for a brick-and-mortar jewelry store with the goal of setting more customer sales appointments and appearing in the top 3 of relevant Google searches.

Calgary, Canada
Owner, Jewelry Store

Bluehat Marketing has improved qualified lead generation for the client and opened up more marketing avenues for the client. Their blog writing could improve but they are highly recommended.

We’re a custom jewelry designer. We also do catalog jewelry and repairs out of a physical office. I am the owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat?

My online marketing is one of the key components to my business and I need it done properly. The SEO is to bring people to come in for appointments. I wanted to make sure we’re in the top 3 rankings on Google.

I’m doing all my own PPC but BlueHat handles the organic side of our online marketing.

How did you come to work with BlueHat?

I searched for the top SEO companies online and BlueHat was the top 1 on the list.

How much have you invested with BlueHat?

I spend $21,000 a year on their services.

I’ve been working with them since August 2016 and the project is ongoing.

BlueHat has been awesome. They’ve been instrumental in setting up some marketing funnels that they didn’t charge me for. That’s been a good addition to what I was doing. They’re very straightforward in what the results are and how the results are working.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat?

For an IT-based company, they have better social skills than others I’ve worked with.

Are there any areas BlueHat could improve?

If they had a larger team, they could finalize projects quicker. Their blog writing could also use a bit of improvement.

Make sure you don’t hold back on your opinions—explain what you want to be done in detail. You need to stay on board with them as much as they’re on board with you. It’s a two-way street.

SEO and Web Design for Residential Plumbing Business

"BlueHat could get results within a matter of weeks, compared to other companies, which couldn't do the same."

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

Bluehat Marketing created a new website and marketed residential services in a local area to residential clients using SEO [search engine optimization] and social media marketing.

Ontario, Canada
Owner, Plumbing Business

Bluehat Marketing provides a great return on investment for SEO work and fixes website issues immediately. They have great client service.

We're a residential plumbing services company. I am the owner of the company. I am also in charge of marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat?

We only handle service calls, and not new construction or renovation. Because our jobs are smaller in nature, we rely on a heavy volume of calls. BlueHat ensures that our website is ranking within the top Google and other search engine positions.

BlueHat built our site, is providing SEO for it, as well as social media marketing on sites like Facebook.

How did you come to work with BlueHat?

We were one of the first plumbing companies to have a website, while the other big players of the time were invested in Yellow Pages. We could operate within a less-competitive market. Once Yellow Pages started investing in SEO, we lost our top-3 ranking. I was referred to BlueHat by a colleague, so I gave them a try.

How much have you invested with BlueHat?

The cost of BlueHat's services is around $5,000 per month.

I have been working with BlueHat for 4-5 years, and have no plans to stop the engagement.

BlueHat could get results within a matter of weeks, compared to other companies, which couldn't do the same in a year and a half. I was highly impressed with BlueHat, so we've continued to grow our campaign. I've referred BlueHat to many people so far.

We've always held the top 3 positions for some of the most competitive keywords. BlueHat has maintained our rankings, continuing to add keywords and adapting to Google algorithm changes. We have seen the best return-on-investment out of all our marketing campaigns. Our SEO has almost been like a pay-per-click campaign, given how fast BlueHat was able to get us ranking.

How did BlueHat perform from a project management standpoint?

BlueHat's account manager has always been there for me. I never had to wait for results or updates.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat?

Aside from BlueHat doing a good job, they're easy to deal with and responsive to anything I require, like website changes and edits. I've dealt with other companies, where I wouldn't receive responses for 2 weeks at times.

Are there any areas BlueHat could improve?

As a consumer, I will always want more, but BlueHat has done an extremely good job.

People will normally interview 2-3 companies when deciding on an SEO partner. It's a long-term commitment, so gauging results takes time. It's difficult to decide whom to trust with the next 6 months of a business. I would strongly recommend to start with BlueHat Marketing first out of your list of potential companies to save a lot of time, frustration and reap faster results.

Overall Score BlueHat's goal is to exceed expectations, which has shown.
    BlueHat is very fast.
    I've seen the best ROI out of all my marketing campaigns.
    BlueHat did what was promised every time.
    I have referred BlueHat to many people, and would do so again without hesitation.

SEM and Hosting for Financial Services Firm

"We're ranking higher for many of our keywords, and are receiving more applications from clients wanting to apply for a loan."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Bluehat Marketing provides SEO [search engine optimization], PPC [pay-per-click] services, and web hosting. They have provided minor web design work over two years of engagement.

VP of Finance, Financial Services Firm

Bluehat Marketing has achieved a lot of keyword growth, which in turn led to a lot of new loan growth. They provide account changes very quickly and always provide sound advice.

We're a mortgage lending company. I am the president of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat?

We needed to better-reach clients over the internet.

BlueHat is handling our site's hosting and SEO, as well as our pay-per-click campaign. BlueHat has made minor changes to the site.

How did you come to work with BlueHat?

We found a few different companies through Google searches. We found a clutch.co review of the top Canadian SEO firms, and talked to business associated with the companies they're using. After interviewing a few candidates, we chose BlueHat.

This is confidential.

We started working with BlueHat 2 years ago, and have an ongoing relationship.

BlueHat's results can best be compared to the company we were using previously. With a similar budget, BlueHat has been able to achieve better results. We're ranking higher for many of our keywords, and are receiving more applications from clients wanting to apply for a loan. We're satisfied with our return-on-investment.

How did BlueHat perform from a project management standpoint?

BlueHat has given us good reporting, and they're responsive in general. Our account manager deals with issues actively and gets things done.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat?

Something I've appreciated about BlueHat is that they are very responsive to correcting any issues which may come up. It's important to us that, if things do occur, BlueHat will understand the urgency of getting everything working properly.

Are there any areas BlueHat could improve?

We initially started our work with BlueHat on SEO and pay-per-click. After moving our site to their servers, we had some issues initially, which really shouldn't have occurred. BlueHat bent over backward to fix and monitor our problem. There was testing done before the migration, but it may not have been done properly. Overall, BlueHat has been responsive and understood the importance of fixing the issue. I'm satisfied with how they handled the situation.

Clients need to be clear on what they're objectives are, for the task to be implemented properly.

Overall Score A perfect score is almost unattainable.
    Except for a few instances, BlueHat has met our deadlines.
    BlueHat has stuck to estimates, but the value for money could be increased.
    BlueHat has done great work.