Canada's Leading SEO and Web Design Company

BlueHat Marketing provides comprehensive online marketing solutions for businesses. Our focus is on optimizing websites to maximize their visibility on search engines and drive customers to our clients’ doors.

Montreal, Canada

Tribecca Finance

Marlow's Diamond & Design

Priority Plumbing

Keller Williams Realty

SEO Implementation for Manufacturing Company

"Their account manager is proactive, professional, and quick to learn our concepts."

June 2017 - Ongoing

After a discovery phase, Bluehat Marketing implemented SEO, developed keywords, and curated marketing campaigns. They're now developing new marketing strategies to garner exposure.

Lachine, Canada
Ilira Qamirani
Marketing Coordinator, GGI Solutions

Bluehat Marketing's work improves the site's ranking on Google and significantly increases leads. Their account manager's proactive and consistently takes the time to learn about the industry. They communicate frequently to stay up to date on tasks.

I am the marketing lead at GGI, a designer and manufacturer of UI solutions. I am in charge of managing all our digital and traditional marketing projects.

For what projects/services did your company hire BlueHat Marketing?

We hired them because we did not have the in-house expertise for SEO implementation and other digital marketing stratégies.

We wanted to increase our Google ranking, gain exposure, and create new content to generate new leads.

I was contacted by one of their sales representatives. I checked their online reviews and chose to hire them based on their previous experience.

BlueHat Marketing conducted a discovery phase to understand our requirements. Using this foundation, they developed a tailored proposal for our company's strategy and goals. Their team implemented SEO, developed our keywords, and curated our marketing campaigns. Since our needs evolve over time, they're now finding new and innovative strategies to garner exposure.

I first worked with their sales representative. I now work closely with their account manager and content director.

We're on the first page of Google for most of our technology-related keywords, which significantly increases our leads.

Their account manager is proactive, professional, and quick to learn our concepts. Their communication is consistent and fluid.

We're impressed by their ability to quickly learn about our industry.

SEO & SMM for Nova Scotia-based Law Practice

“They’re attentive, eager, and passionate about our business growth.”

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

BlueHat Marketing provides ongoing SEO and social media marketing services. They manage a website, build out its backend, and produce scheduled blog posts. They also lead a Google AdWords campaign.

Halifax, Canada
CPA & Marketing Manager, Law Practice

BlueHat Marketing’s efforts have begun to yield consistent results. Social media engagement increases every month while the website’s Google ranking continues to rise. They’re an ardent team of talented marketing professionals. A devoted account manager ensures proactive communication.

I’m the CPA & marketing manager for a personal injury law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

We’re trying to build our online presence and rank higher on Google via SEO.

BlueHat Marketing oversees various aspects of an ongoing effort to expand our web presence. They primarily focus on managing our website and developing its backend to boost SEO. Regarding content creation, BlueHat Marketing writes four blog posts a month that we review and publish on the site. They also manage our Google AdWords and social media marketing (SMM) campaigns. The SMM campaign currently utilizes Facebook and Instagram, but we’re considering expanding that project to include YouTube as well.

Avery (Digital Marketing Manager, BlueHat Marketing) is our main point of contact and acts as our account manager. We also work with their social media director.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

I wasn’t involved in the hiring process at the time, but I believe we found them through a google search.

We pay them $7,500 a month.

We started working together in August 2017 and the engagement is ongoing.

We’ve been working with BlueHat Marketing for almost a year and the engagement has evolved during that time. Their involvement in our SEO and social media efforts have increased significantly in just the past couple months. As a result, I don’t have specific statistics available at this time. However, our social media pages receive more likes each month. We’re seeing a similar upward trend in our google ranking as well.

How did BlueHat Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

BlueHat Marketing functions as an open-minded partner to us. Avery keeps me in the loop and fields any questions or feedback I have. They’ve done audits on our website and will recommend improvements. They’re attentive, eager, and passionate about our business growth. We usually communicate via email, but also use the phone for brainstorming sessions or meetings.

Their greatest strength is how attentive they are to us as clients. If we need to change something on the website, they complete the task within 24-hours. They’re also productive and initiate our campaigns without requiring hands-on management. For example, I’ll make an organic post to Facebook and they’ll boost it without being explicitly requested too. We never feel like we’re throwing money at an unknown company to do the bare minimum. They enthusiastically communicate both new ideas and results.

The quality of the blog posts could be improved. As a law firm, our topics are technical and often require a writer with specialized knowledge to deliver engaging copy. Additionally, utilizing a project management software to track ongoing issues would help us to organize things on our end.

Ask to work with Avery if possible. He’s great.

Salvaged Website, Maintenance & SEO for E-commerce Store

BlueHat Marketing has kept our company alive […] The team is true to their word and maintains high standards.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

BlueHat Marketing migrated a site and its French counterpart to a WordPress e-commerce store and now provide SEO services including season content for blogging. The team corrected 2,000 erroneous redirects another vendor failed to setup correctly.

Montreal, Canada
Dina Ardizzoni
CEO, The Sweet Basket

After a previous vendor’s botched launch attempt, BlueHat Marketing remedied critical site errors and mitigated the impact to annual revenue. Efforts improved the recovery beyond the company's expectations during a major seasonal sales period. The team is trustworthy, reliable, and responsive to communication.

I'm the CEO and a co-owner of The Sweet Basket, a gift basket company. We've been in business for 14 years.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

We encountered a fiasco in 2017. We wanted to move our outdated website with numerous pages onto an e-commerce platform. A different developer in Ontario had created a new site. When it was time to go live, we discovered they’d outsourced work to a company in India who only did half the redirects. All of those were incorrectly done. Having averaged about CAD $1.5 million per year in revenue, our sales plummeted to 0-1 orders per day.

We were concerned that Google would ban our site due to 2,000 404-Error pages that had resulted from the incorrect redirects. The first step was correcting all those errors.

BlueHat Marketing manages our WordPress e-commerce platform directly. We upload images and text, and they take care of everything else. Our company works on a seasonal basis with accelerated periods like Christmas and Easter. They just updated our homepage with images for Valentine’s Day. The team writes excellent content and always gets our approval before posting.

The Sweet Basket's company website is linked to a corresponding French version. When the English website crashed, their CEO suggested resurrecting that independent site, which had a different domain. That helped us significantly, because it generates a lot of orders. They're currently in the process of redoing a French language e-commerce platform on WordPress.

The team also sets up and monitors the ads we run on Facebook and Google. It's a slow process, but we see that our business is coming back.

I deal directly with the CEO, Fadi Azba. I don't have contact with anyone else from BlueHat Marketing.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

After these problems occurred, we were in panic mode. We thought the website and our business were completely finished. I narrowed my Google search to local SEO companies and came up with three potential options. The first two I called quoted enormous costs and couldn't guarantee their ability to deliver.

My third option was BlueHat Marketing. When we spoke, they said "you've come to the right place. If anybody can help you, it certainly would be us." Sure enough, they put me directly in touch with their CEO. He explained the cost, project length, and specs. Fadi gave me a sense of reassurance and promised to be with us every step of the way.

We paid $5,000 per month for the first 90 days. Currently, we're paying $3,000 a month for their ongoing services.

We've worked together for one year as of next month, and our partnership is ongoing. They took over the project at the end of February or beginning of March 2017.

The growth we’ve seen has exceeded our expectations. As is common with retail businesses, we do about 80 percent of our annual sales during November and December. We had a very successful Christmas. There was a small loss of about 10 percent. For us, it was a huge success because last year we didn't know if we’d even make it to 2018.

BlueHat Marketing has shown us our increased sales potential. Our company had been doing very well, so we’d never thought we needed SEO services until this incident. Since the prior SEO company had sold us a similar line, we had trust issues with contractors. It felt like we were walking on eggshells during this trying period. We didn't know what to expect. BlueHat Marketing ultimately delivered and we trust them. We haven’t 100 percent recovered, but we're getting close.

How did BlueHat Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I interact with the CEO by phone and e-mail. I have his personal cell phone number and can reach him at any time. If he can’t respond, he’ll call back within the same day. They're very quick to respond. Tasks are done within hours of sending requests. We learned a lot from each other, because they hadn’t initially known much about our industry. Their team and our company worked hand in hand.

BlueHat Marketing has kept our company alive. They've done an amazing job and I tip my hat to them. They were there for us every step of the way. I have absolutely no regrets about working with them and I highly recommend them. The team is true to their word and maintains high standards. If they say they're going to deliver, they do so. Conversely, they’re honest about things they can't execute and provide an explanation in those cases.

They've given us access to our rankings on different search engines and send us general reports. I’d prefer to receive a detailed report of the exact work performed each month.

Our situation was a very trying period. Results don't happen overnight. You have to ensure that you're working with the right people and are in good hands. Know that it just takes time.

Overall Score We're very pleased. I'm glad we found them and that they’re a local company. They keep their word and deliver on what they promise.

SEO for Local Home Services Company

“They charged a premium price, but they didn’t meet my expectations.”

July - Nov. 2017

BlueHat took over the SEO for a site that sells garage and overhead doors, with the goal of aggressively improving rankings within a limited timeframe.

Vancouver, Canada
Owner, Construction Company

Despite charging premium rates, BlueHat has not delivered results in line with the expectations set for them. They failed to meet targets within the schedule and an invoicing issue persists without resolution. While the initial communication was good, their responsiveness deteriorated later on.

I’m the founder and owner of a company that repairs and installs garage doors and overhead doors.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

I own three businesses and work with three different companies for SEO [search engine optimization]. I wasn’t happy with the pace of our original vendor for one of my businesses, so I was looking for a company that could give me more aggressive results faster.

They were supposed to provide SEO. It’s hard for me to give you a formal scope because it was such a bad experience. I had signed up for a contract for four months since they told me this was what they needed in order to show me results. However, nothing really happened. The only thing they did was one page of internal linking, which was not even centered. I’ve asked them to fix it, and they haven’t fixed it. The onsite stuff was supposed to be done in the first month, but they weren’t able to complete it in the past four months. Another red flag was that I didn’t receive the monthly reports that they promised.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

I found them on Clutch, and I went with them because they had a lot exposure on the site.

The initial contract was for four months, at $1,600 per month.

I first started working with them in July, and the engagement is about to end. Even though I’ve wasted a lot of money, I can’t waste time, so I’ve already found a different company.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

They charged a premium price, but they didn’t meet my expectations. While I don’t mind paying a premium price to get a premium service, this was not the case with BlueHat. I’ve learned that sometimes expensive does not mean good. I didn't receive any service whatsoever. Instead of optimizing the whole thing, I now have negative results. My rankings have dropped, but it’s not because of more competition—I’m targeting the same area with a different company, and I see improved results there.

During the first month, there was a huge drop in every aspect of the optimization. While I’m not an expert, I know a little about SEO. When I started voicing my concerns, either by email or by phone, they said “Oh, that’s natural. It’s supposed to be like that.” They told me there would be a little drop and then it will increase, but it just kept on dropping. Towards the end, things stabilized near the point where it was before, but lower. My overall visibility is down. My rankings are down. The keywords that they worked on are down. They acknowledged everything that I told them, but they didn’t do anything about it.

It comes down to reports that they didn’t send and their failure to give me answers. They kept saying I should see results and that “It’s going to happen, it’s going to happen.” However, as I was getting closer and closer to the end of the term, their answers started to change. They said they did a lot of work and needed more time. This was one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had—it was like they just sold me stuff over the phone.

How was project management handled?

In the beginning, they would say, “Yeah, you’re absolutely right,” when I had issues or complaints. Later, it became difficult to get hold of them. Nobody called me back, and there were no emails. In the end, I’m still waiting for an answer from a person who works there. He didn’t get back to me. He doesn’t reply to any of my messages. They took my money and that’s it.

My contract was only for four months, but they charged me for five. When I called them about it, somebody from billing said, “I need to check it, and I’ll get back to you.” Nobody got back to me, and I’m still waiting. I’ve called several times and the next time I called, the whole billing department was busy. I’m just being ignored completely. The fifth month was pre-authorized, so I haven’t been able to recover that money. Since they’re not doing anything, I’ve taken it directly to my credit card company.

Is there anything that the vendor did well or that you would consider a strength?

During our initial conversations, they were really pleasant. Their sales guy was really good and convincing. Throughout the whole thing, their sales team was good, but I guess that’s the only thing.

In what specific areas can they improve?

They portray themselves as such a good company, but I had a horrible experience. I’ve been doing business for quite a while now, and I just can’t believe that I’m the only one with this feedback. I did manage to find some bad reviews with similar feedback. I’m in the service industry as well, and I’m baffled how they have only good reviews.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

I just want people to not have the same experience that I had. That’s the only reason why I’m doing this review—I’m trying to prevent other customers from getting burned like I got burned. If somebody was just starting out and looking to raise their business, that person would go bankrupt.

0.5
Overall Score It was wasted time and money.
    They didn’t return my emails or calls.
    They’re pretty expensive.
    I got negative results.
    I would probably only recommend them to my competition.

Company response

Dear Client,

As explained in our numerous correspondences with your respected company, four months is an unrealistic timeframe for any SEO campaign to deliver significant results, and especially to achieve top three positions. For this reason, we signed a 6 to 12 months term with your company, the same as we do with any of our customers and partners.

We sincerely apologize if you feel you had a negative experience with BlueHat. If there is anything we can do to remedy this, our team is at your service!

SEO & Content Creation for Criminal Defense Law Firm

“I get a level of loyalty from BlueHat since they’re focusing on my website.”

2016 - Ongoing

The team helps improve the search ranking of a site that promotes legal services, doing so through SEO keywords, AdWords, targeted content, and website updates.

British Columbia, Canada
Partner, Sicotte & Henry

BlueHat Marketing offers exclusive digital marketing services, in contrast to other vendors who would market several competing companies simultaneously. After the new site was launched, there was a significant improvement in the firm’s ranking and an immediate increase in customer leads.

I’m the owner and managing partner of a law firm in British Columbia. The firm is focused exclusively on criminal defense.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

I had contracted another company to do my Internet marketing and search engine optimization. Unfortunately, I noticed that my ranking was falling behind. It was certainly not getting any better in terms of Google ranking in various searches. That was my concern, and that was why I approached BlueHat.

I asked BlueHat to help improve my ranking and increase the traffic and leads to my website. Initially, BlueHat redid my whole website and got it up and running. It had been hosted by another company, so they did all that from scratch. We also do periodic updates for recent cases or client reviews, so they keep making changes to the website as needed.

BlueHat continues to provide SEO services. They also help me with AdWords but not with pay-per-click. They continue to provide content, specifically blogs, for my website.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

When I did a Google search on Internet marketing companies, I saw that BlueHat was very well ranked in that category. I thought I would give them a try.

How much have you invested with BlueHat Marketing?

It's about $4,000 a month. There was an additional expense for the website to start with.

I started with them in July 2016 or a bit before that. Aside from providing SEO services and content, they do updates to the website whenever changes are needed.

After their work on the website, AdWords, and SEO, I noticed a change within 3 months with respect to my rankings. Now, I show up as number 1 on several of the key Google searches, and I haven't dropped back from number 1 ever since I retained them. That’s certainly helped me gain clients. I detected an immediate increase in my client volume, and I’ve maintained consistently higher volumes ever since.

How did BlueHat Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

We never have any issues with communication other than the ones due to time zone differences. The lines of communication are always open, and they always take my calls or respond to emails. There is constant email back and forth from the various members of BlueHat and their various specialties. I also get monthly reviews and the whole ranking. There are no difficulties.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat Marketing?

My previous vendor was Yellow Pages. The difficulty with any vendor like Yellow Pages is that they're also marketing some of my competitors’ websites as well — using everything they learned from marketing my website. I very much wanted somebody who would specialize in marketing my website out there and not my competitors’ websites. I don’t know the details about what was done for keywords and that type of thing; all I know is that whatever BlueHat is doing is obviously way better than what Yellow Pages was doing. I get a level of loyalty from BlueHat since they’re focusing on my website.

Not that I know of.

Except to my competitors.

SEO & Content Creation for Security Services Provider

"BlueHat always delivers more than what they promise, which is impressive."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

BlueHat Marketing provides SEO, social media, Google My Business, and website optimization services. They also offer counsel on concrete action items, such as altering the blog content to attract more visitors.

CEO, Security Services Provider

BlueHat is reliable, delivering what they promised with no surprises in quality or cost. They don’t mind explaining their methods and prioritize client satisfaction. They consistently exceed their obligations, whether in number of keywords or timeline for reaching a certain ranking.

We are a medium-sized security company. We provide security guard services, concierge, loss prevention, and event security services. We’re not publicly traded. Our company relies on technology for monitoring the staff. Our overhead is very minimal and most of our work we charge the clients, we pay for the security officer which makes us very unique, and we have very high-end services. We’re known in Vancouver and have a five stars rating. Now we’re in the process to be accredited with BBB, and we should be accredited this week.

I’m the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

Before BlueHat, I had been dealing with multiple SEO companies and each SEO company provided me one thing, not everything. One of them was able to only do my Google My Business. They rated high, then the other stuff, they’re unrated. The other company told me they’re going to do everything. I waited three months without results. I tried GoDaddy but they promise so much and then disappear. They don’t address the concerns.

I wanted somebody to help me with social media, with Google My Business, with ranking my website, and with making the website sell more. I don’t want to just rank high and the website doesn’t sell. There’s no point in having a website ranking high and people go there and bounce back. They’re trying to fix the issues on the website, not only making it rank high. BlueHat gives me suggestions and they work on it. They suggested articles instead of blogs so that more people will look at them. What makes it great is that it’s a lot of small things. A lot of small stones build a building and they’re so focused on the small details and the big image. They are concerned. When I tell them a concern, they fix the problem.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

I did research on Google and I tried to see the companies that are actually on top of Google and are capable of getting there. I went to the Clutch website and saw the top three companies. But the top three companies, none of them except BlueHat, are on top of Google. If they’re not able to help themselves, they’re not going to be able to help me. I found a few companies and some of them were located in Canada. BlueHat attracted my attention, so I reached out to them and talked to them. I got quotes from all five companies that attracted my attention.

There were multiple reasons that I chose BlueHat. I felt they were trusted. They kept following through with everything. I approached other organizations like WebPageFX. They told me a price then just before I signed up, they increased the fees when I read the contract. At BlueHat they told me I’m not going to be able to get a commitment and they gave me everything they told me. They stuck to it. I talked to everybody, and they had the same wording. They don’t have gaps in communication. The other ones you feel are just sales and they’re just trying to sell you something and they don’t care what they commit. Whatever they say that will make a sale, they will say it. They’re not focused on the goal at hand. BlueHat was consistent with what they promised.

I approached one of the companies that promised me four months or three months. I called to make sure three months was correct. I’m not trying to argue with him. I know he doesn’t have control over it 100%. Part of it is Google and what they do. He changed it and told me it would be one month. Once I saw inconsistency, that was a red flag for me. They’re dishonest. I’m an honest person, and I like to deal with honest organizations. If I feel there is dishonesty, I will actually back off. Even the sales person who I dealt with (his name is Patrick) told me, you’re one of the hardest sales I sold. Even before I called them, I searched 10 keywords on Google and each keyword it gives me different results. The same company that was on top of Google for six keywords of the ten keywords I chose, that was the top three that I approached, and BlueHat was one of them.

I made sure BlueHat didn’t deal with any of my competition in the same city. Also, they have to charge the same amount every month and there are no errors. You know how companies sometimes increase it and then tell you it’s a mistake? I don’t have that problem with BlueHat. They deliver what they promise. I don’t care that they promise so much, but whatever you promise me, just deliver it and BlueHat always delivers more than what they promise, which is impressive. Every time you get more, you feel it’s a bonus. I don’t like somebody to promise so much and deliver less. These points made me feel satisfied with their services. However, their contract is for a year and I have a right to terminate it if it didn’t work out for sooner than that, but I’m not thinking about anything except staying with them.

How much have you invested with BlueHat Marketing?

I’m paying $1,300 a month. The first month, they charged me $500 for set up. Most of the companies didn’t charge the extra $500.

We started working with them in April 2017, and the work is ongoing.

They told me they were going to do 12 keywords and now they gave me 16 keywords, four more than what they promised me. They told me I would be on top of Google in three months. I’m on top of Google for ten keywords in the first position on the first page of Google in the 14 keywords out of the 16 keywords. It’s a very competitive business and some of my competitors are $600 million companies and they use SEO and update it weekly.

How did BlueHat Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Every deadline they gave me, they finished it before. Every time they told me that I would be on top of Google for a certain keyword in a month, in two weeks I was there. They always beat the timeline by a few days or a week. I don’t know if all the clients get this treatment, or if I’m a special client. They make me feel special, which is a very good thing.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat Marketing?

I’m impressed by how they’re handling all these accounts. I’ve learned a couple of things from them. I talk to the sales person a couple times and ask him how they run stuff because I like how they operate. It’s high value, especially with social media for certain accounts. I want to know how they handle it and the business. It’s very organized. Other organization, I talk to a person and it gets lost. The other thing is, your account manager doesn’t show up and all your information is gone. I don’t have that issue with BlueHat. They’re reliable. I’m very impressed.

Overall Score Because of all the reasons I gave, plus they’re responsive. They have very strong communication.
    They deliver more than what they promise and sometimes faster.
    I got return of investment from the second month.
    They have done more than what they promised me.
    But not for my competition. I told them that right away. I don’t want to have any competition in the same city and that’s a crucial thing to me. That’s a conflict of interest and they acknowledged it and they promised me.

SEO Services for Accounting Firm

"We weren’t ranked for any of the keywords we wanted. Now, we’re on the first page for all of them."

2016 - Ongoing

BlueHat Marketing provides search engine optimization to increase web traffic. They also rebuilt the website itself on a different platform that would be more conducive to SEO success. They also host the blog.

St. Johns, Newfoundland
Steve Pike
Business Development Manager, Clarified Accounting

BlueHat successfully gained significant visibility on search engines through targeted keyword strategies. Everyone on the team pulls their weight. They do not always meet deadlines, but they are upfront about it and there are no miscommunications.

I am the business development manager of an accounting firm. We do year-end tax accounting, bookkeeping, and management consulting.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

We were trying to get as much traffic as possible directed to our website. We weren’t being found through Google and needed help with that.

We subscribe to BlueHat’s SEO services. We started off with certain keywords which we wanted our site to rank for, both organically and in any other way we can be searched for. We gauged the traffic on the website, and how long people stay on it. BlueHat gives us a dashboard where we can see all this information.

When our website was developed, it used another framework that wasn’t effective for SEO. BlueHat basically rebuilt it so that it would perform better and more fluently. Since then, we have updated our staff and financial calculator sections. Our website is mainly informational.

They also work on our blog for us and host the site, making any changes and updates we require. BlueHat has access to our social media, but I’ve continued to post most of our content there myself. We’re not using lead generation at the moment.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

I googled them, and they were highly ranked. BlueHat wouldn’t have been good at what it does otherwise. I tried to find local companies, but there was no one out there with an even remotely comparable product. When I called them, BlueHat gave me an audit of the website and made a very good first impression.

We started working with BlueHat Marketing around one year ago. The collaboration is ongoing.

We weren’t ranked for any of the keywords we wanted. Now, we’re on the first page for all of them. Typically, Newfoundland is a bit behind the trends, and we didn’t have a lot of competition in terms of SEO, but the original site wasn’t built with this in mind. BlueHat did enough to it in order to get it working and allow us to compete with big national brands which were coming up higher than us locally.

How did BlueHat Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

There has been some give-and-take on deadlines. We’ve been late in giving things to BlueHat, and vice versa, but there was nothing serious. Deadlines go missed on both ends, but there was no misunderstanding on when things should be delivered. Overall, the communication has been superb, and our rep is a great person. I have no complaints in this sense. We used email and phone for communication.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat Marketing?

They had good processes for communication. I could call BlueHat and reach someone on the front line and was assigned an account manager. The group is a well-oiled machine; everyone does their part. BlueHat was the highest-ranking SEO firm on Google, and I was looking for the same thing for my company. It made sense to call them.

Are there any areas BlueHat Marketing could improve?

The person who performed the audit on our website didn’t recognize that it had been done in another format. I’m not sure if this was because of a flaw in their process, but it did cause a delay. I can’t think of anything else.

There’s certainly a cost for the service, but there’s a reward for it as well.
    They delivered everything that was promised.
    If someone’s looking for SEO, the choice is a no-brainer.

Digital Marketing for Canadian Wealth Advisory

"They went to great lengths to understand our business."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

BlueHat developed SEO and marketing strategies to put an asset management firm on the map. Their efforts included paid search, social media, SEO and developing in-house capabilities.

Toronto Metro Area
SVP of Sales and Marketing, Wealth Management Advisory

BlueHat worked hard to understand the individual business needs and quickly took the website’s traffic from 300/month to 17,000/month. Google rankings increased in multiple keywords.

I’m the Senior Vice President of sales and marketing at an asset management firm. We partner with some of the largest asset managers around the world to bring investment ideas to Canadian investors. We specialize in emerging markets, but we also do mutual funds and institutional products as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat?

We compete with some of the largest banks in Canada, so one of our biggest challenges in branding. If you think of a large bank, for example, they’ll have mutual fund solutions, but they also have an extended distribution network through their retail channels. We don’t. We have to be able to do a lot of branding, and one of the most effective ways to do that is through our website. We have some limitations in what we can do since we’re essentially a B2B, so branding is important. Everybody knows the big brands; we have to build our brand using technology in an innovative way to pass our competitors. Having a good marketing team and a good SEO strategy is key.

We do paid search; we do social media. We also do all the traditional stuff, PR and all that. We started working with them two years ago and at that time our website wasn’t well maintained. We didn’t have any SEO strategy. My goal was to get them to put us on the map, get our rankings up, get us some authority and in effect train us. For two years they set us up so we could compete with our peers. Now we have specialty in-house, but they were instrumental in setting us up.

How did you come to work with BlueHat?

We had about four or five different companies present to us, and some of the questions I was asking those questions weren’t being answered in a satisfactory manner. When we got the proposal from BlueHat, it was really what we were looking for. From a business side, they were ready to bill in the way I wanted them to, and also in terms of the reporting side, they were willing to do the things that I was looking for and to match our expectations for how the campaigns would go and what we wanted them to fix.

How much have you invested with BlueHat?

The way we looked at it is, it costs less than hiring an internal person but it’s five or six times the value because they have more people and more solutions and different expertise.

We started in 2015. We don’t currently have an agreement with BlueHat, but they put together the framework that we’re working with today.

My intention with BlueHat was to use them to get us up and running and then do this work in-house, but if we hadn’t developed our own team we’d certainly still be using BlueHat today. We were probably something like 20-millionth in the Canadian space, just not recognizable at all. Within a couple of months, we were going up and up, and I think we ended up in the 400,000-500,000s, which is totally acceptable. Traffic-wise, we went from 300/month to 12,000-17,000. We could do more, but part of our problem is that we can’t go retail. We have to stick with that B2B area, which isn’t a large universe. But it’s still decent, 17,000. Our visibility went up in terms of keywords rankings. People aren’t as excited as they used to be, but we’ve got a lot of the keywords up there.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat?

They went to great lengths to understand our business at first. They team does come around; they do understand your issues. They have expertise on their end.

Are there any areas BlueHat could improve?

It’s like with any company: there’s a lot of attention in the first part and you want that kind of attention more. It always comes at a price and you always get to that discussion at some point. But if you know that your base is going to be $20,000/month and you know what you want to get for that amount of money, you’ll get it.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with BlueHat?

I would say that if you have a good understanding of the process it’s better because you can’t guide a team to work with you unless you understand it. You probably won’t get enough out of it. If you do your homework, it’ll go a lot better. Understand your expectations. If you want to get in millions in website visits per month, it’s going to be expensive. If you can geographically target, you can be very successful. And I would also say to puck back if you don’t like the quality. Tell them you’d like it to be reviewed.

5 – It would depend on the type of company. If it was a small or medium company that’s regionally located, I definitely recommend them.

SEO Work for Global Lighting Company

“They’re very helpful and they’re always available.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

BlueHat performed SEO services in order to boost the Google rankings of a lighting design firm. They also offered key insights on how to optimize the company blog to benefit visibility.

Toronto, Canada Area
CEO, Lighting Company

BlueHat met the stated goal of getting the company onto the first page of Google’s search results in half the allotted timeframe. Their strengths included responsive service and insightful suggestions.

We design and manufacture decorative light fixtures for both residential and corporate clients. My position here is CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat?

We wanted to increase our rankings on Google. Our business here in North America is very young compared to our parent company in Australia, so we wanted to make sure that we were doing the best we could with getting our name out into the public forum. We employed BlueHat Marketing to help us get there.

Our website was fairly young, so we used BlueHat for SEO. They also assisted in giving direction for how we could improve our website to optimize rankings and visibility in Google. We didn’t do any pay-per-click. They advised against that, actually: they thought we’d rank higher if we went just with organic searches and rankings. Most of the time their work is behind the scenes and I don’t truly know what it is. They originally did some blogging with us, and we weren’t happy with the direction they were taking it and the format and the way that we were presenting the company to the world in the blog, so we decided to take that over for them. Now they just give us some guidance on what we need to include in the blog to help us with the rankings.

How did you come to work with BlueHat?

We found them through Google search and then doing some reviews of their previous work with other companies. They’re local, as well. We did look at a company out in Calgary and one in Philadelphia that we considered, but I didn’t want to look too far afield from where we are.

How much have you invested with BlueHat?

We’re investing about $2,500 Canadian [approximately $1,900 USD] monthly.

We began January 2016 and we just finished.

We wanted to be on the first page of Google, and we achieved that in the first six to eight months. After that, we worked on getting higher on that page. Before BlueHat came on board we were many pages further back. We’re absolutely satisfied with their work.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat?

They’re very helpful and they’re always available, and they helped us achieve the goal that we set.

Are there any areas BlueHat could improve?

Not from what we had used them for.

I was happy with what they did. They advised us and we made any changes that they suggested, and I found that very successful. I wasn’t too strict on the way our site needed to be, so with that flexibility, they were able to suggest any changes and we were able to implement them within a certain time period, which helped us get to where we wanted to be.

We achieved our goals in the first half of the contract period.
    They stuck to the quota. Their cost was pretty par for the course.

SEO for Plumbing Business

"BlueHat Marketing has done a good job at representing us online, moving us up in terms of rankings."

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

Bluehat Marketing built a website and manages a client's PPC campaign, acting as the marketing department for the small business in a competitive industry.

11- 50 employees

Calgary, Canada
Director of Marketing, Plumbing Business

Bluehat Marketing has improved the client's keyword ranking for important local searches on Google. They are fair and flexible with pricing and listen to client concerns deeply.

We are a plumbing and heating company with a long history on the market. We are located in California. I am the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with BlueHat Marketing?

Our team is busy and is being pulled in many different directions. We needed help with online marketing.

BlueHat Marketing built our current website and is working on a new version. They've also managed our PPC [pay-per-click] lead generation campaign.

How did you come to work with BlueHat Marketing?

I'm not sure what the selection process was since I was on maternity leave at the time, but I believe BlueHat Marketing was referred to us by another company. It ultimately worked out great.

How much have you invested with BlueHat Marketing?

We have a $50,000 annual budget for the PPC campaign.

We started working with BlueHat Marketing 5 years ago, and have an ongoing relationship.

Revenue-wise, our company has been stagnant, but this is related to the local economy. We've definitely increased our reputation in the market. BlueHat Marketing has done a good job at representing us online, moving us up in terms of rankings. We're always within the top 3 positions for important keywords and most times in the first place.

When we started working with BlueHat Marketing, one of the challenges was surpassing a particular competitor. BlueHat Marketing was able to do it. Since then, anything other than the first position is not satisfying for us, and BlueHat Marketing can do it within our budget.

How did BlueHat Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I don't fully understand BlueHat Marketing's business, but I believe that they've grown a lot since we started working together. Even so, we still receive personalized service from BlueHat Marketing's principal. We were never assigned to a rep, which is quite amazing.

What did you find most impressive about BlueHat Marketing?

We have worked with other companies in the past. Many of them just want to take clients' money, but BlueHat Marketing has aimed to deliver. They're great to work with, and they want us to succeed.

I don't think so.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with BlueHat Marketing?

Be open and clear with BlueHat Marketing about what you want, check with them on a regular basis, and watch what's happening in the market. It's important to bring up ideas, allowing BlueHat Marketing to with them.

We can be impatient, but SEO takes time.
    BlueHat Marketing has been more than reasonable in this regard. Increases over the years have been minor. When extra work is required, BlueHat Marketing lays out what we will receive and what it will cost, giving us the option to start it or not.
    BlueHat Marketing has given us the results we need.