Blue Label Labs is a 36-person mobile, tablet, watch, TV and AR/VR app design, development and marketing agency based in New York City and Seattle.

Over the last 6 years, we have partnered with entrepreneurs, enterprises and digital/full-service agencies to build over 100 iOS and Android-based apps.

We can help with everything from initial app design and development through app marketing/PR and post-launch maintenance.

Check-out our www.bluelabellabs.com to see some of their previously built live apps.

Feel free to contact us at [email protected] to discuss how we can help!

Founded:

Client focus

Reviews of Blue Label Labs

App Development for Social Media Startup

Application development

Blue Label Labs was hired to create a photo sharing social media app. The application was produced on both the iOS and Android platforms. The client was happy with the application as it met all of the project's requirements.

The client noted that Blue Label Labs was a great company to work with for small businesses given their consistency and engagement from management. They worked with the client to explain every step of the development process. One area for improvement noted was Blue Label Labs' ability to meet all of the set deadlines.

"The best thing about Blue Label Labs is working with the founders themselves, Bobby Gill and Jordan Gurrieri. I really appreciated that."

Cofounder, App Startup

Average: 4.5 (1 vote)

Our organization uses a social media app as a photo sharing platform. It allows people to collaborate around specific topics. Users can create any topic and then people can share photos and connect with one another. I am the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

We contracted Blue Label Labs to help us develop the platform because we did not have an in-house developer.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

It was a pretty long process because we wanted to be sure we chose a great partner. We compiled a list of all the developers in the New York area so we could meet with them in-person. They offered personalized service and offered a quality product for a reasonable price. We preferred Blue Label’s personalized service over larger companies. The founders were very involved in the project at Blue Label Labs.

We have spent between $50,000 and $100,000.

We launched in October and are pursuing the NYU market. We recruited a few ambassadors and had between 50-60 people on the app, after which we ran into problems. We are currently reevaluating to see if we want to continue.

What did you find most impressive about Blue Label Labs?

The best thing about Blue Label Labs is working with the founders themselves, Bobby Gill and Jordan Gurrieri. I really appreciated that. Whenever I had an issue, I sent a message to Bobby and he immediately replied. Even the project manager who I worked with was very responsive.

Are there any areas Blue Label Labs could improve?

Initially, when we worked with them we didn’t have the strongest designer, Blue Label quickly replaced them. Other than that it was fine.

OVERALL SCORE: 4.5
I really enjoyed working with them.
QUALITY: 4
Other than the initial design issue, everything went smoothly. They explained the process in-depth. I wanted to understand the coding, so Bobby arranged a meeting and sat me down for an hour explaining how everything worked.
COST: 4.5
We went over budget on design, and on two occasions, Bobby and Jordan said there was a communication issue on their end and deducted billable hours.
SCHEDULING: 4
They missed some deadlines but put effort in to meet them.
WILLING TO REFER: 4.5
When someone asks me, I say Blue Label Labs is really cool. As somebody who doesn’t understand apps, they walked me through developing one and understanding what goes behind the app.

App Development for SMB Funding Company

Application development

The client is a financial services firm that works to provide their SMB [small and medium-sized business] customers with quick and nearly real-time funding decisions. This team largely uses their online channels and website but was looking to include mobile capabilities to their offerings. This client did not want to reallocate their internal web development resources, so decided to look outward for a mobile partner. Due to Blue Label Labs’ deep list of client references and development style, this client felt that they were the best fit for the project.

The client is extremely satisfied with Blue Label Labs. This client, like many others, highlights Blue Label Labs for their flat development processes. They appreciated most that they were able to work directly with their development team. The client highly recommends Blue Label Labs to prospective clients.

"We had a great experience with the first and so we've engaged Blue Label Labs to build our mobile apps for our second website..."

Chief Technology Officer, SMB Funding Company

Philadelphia, PA

Average: 5 (1 vote)

My company provides funding to small businesses. We do this for both our online channel, our website, and we do it through our telephone channel as well.

Part of the value proposition that we offer is that our customers have a better experience going through the process of applying for business funding with us than they would through traditional banks. We try to make the process easier and quicker so folks can get a decision within minutes, sometimes in real time as they're applying or after they submit their information, otherwise as soon as possible thereafter.

I’m the Chief Technology Officer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

In addition to the website and the telephone experience, we wanted to provide customers with a mobile experience as well. Being a relatively small company, we didn't want to make the investment in bringing on technology staff to implement our mobile experience or take time away from the teams that are providing the technology to develop our web services and other internal systems.

Blue Label Labs was able to work closely with our team so they could help us get that first version of our mobile applications out there. It is something that we will probably work with them over time to bring the ongoing development in-house.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

We spoke with several firms and the things that appealed to us about Blue Label Labs were: one, they had a number of references that we were able to speak to that also spoke very positively of them, and the model by which they would do the development seemed to fit well with the way that we approach things. We use an actual development process ourselves and we were trying to understand how we would engage them in both the design and the code testing. That process aligned well with how we do our development.

Finally, I think they provided a good value proposition. A lot of firms, I think, wanted to do a little bit more overkill than what was necessary, or than what we were asking, but they wanted to do it at a materially higher price than what we saw from Blue Label Labs and other firms that actually had made our final cut. That value proposition plays a big part as well.

Our app was between $10,000 and $50,000.

Ongoing, but will eventually work to bring the development in-house.

Basically it's just a Version 1 of our mobile application that we wanted to get out. After Version 1, we worked with them to build two more point releases, so I guess we're on Version 1.2 now of our mobile experience. They were able to provide both native iOS and Android versions, which was something that was important to us to give us full flexibility for future development.

Actually, we operate two websites. We had a great experience with the first and so we've engaged Blue Label Labs to build our mobile apps for our second website, doing a fairly similar type of customer experience. We'll be launching those in the second quarter of 2016.

The success is that we like the work, both the engagement model and their great value proposition, so much so, that we did a couple more point releases. We've now engaged them to do the mobile app for our second website.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

For one, there's very low bureaucracy. We're working with the leaders in the organization who are also the "doers", and I would say it's the same way in our organization. They're very well aligned to small, mid-size companies, where you don't have layers of bureaucracy in the company and so you're not looking for a partner that's going to be adding to that. A nice streamlined process; easy to get answers to questions. The billing is very on target; they don't say one thing and then try to bill for a lot more than they had estimated. They just work well with the people at every level here, from relatively new developers to people that are fairly senior.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

I think it's been pretty good lately. I think that in the beginning there were probably a few times when we wanted a little bit more ongoing information, just from a status perspective. Over the months that we've been working together now, we've gotten to a point where I think we're happy with everything.

OVERALL SCORE: 5
But I don't want them to get too popular and then charge more.
QUALITY: 5
It's on par with the quality of software we would develop ourselves.
COST: 5
They've been right on target.
SCHEDULING: 5
They haven't had any material misses.

iOS App Development for Safety App Startup

Application development

The client is Planet 911, an app startup that works to provide users with a geo-location enabled app in the case of emergencies. The app works to inform the authorities or users' personal contacts quickly if the user is in danger. This client was looking for a reliable partner that could guide the iOS app development of their project. This client decided to partner with Blue Label Labs due to their team's responsiveness.

The client is extremely satisfied with the iOS app that Blue Label Labs delivered. This client looks to potentially partner with Blue Label Labs in the future for the Android version. The client highly recommends Blue Label for their honesty and flexibility.

"Blue Label Labs is really easy to work with. They’ve got an amazing team. I feel like they’re honest with me and I highly recommend them."

Founder, Planet 911

Atlanta, GA

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Planet 911 is a self-protection app that deals with protecting yourself. It records the audio and video around you, calling 911, alerting your emergency contacts, storing audio and video in the cloud. It also has a timer on it for kids and college students to walk in between dorms or if they’re going someplace else.

I’m the inventor and founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

I needed an iOS app developed with multiple functions. The app they built has two levels of alarms. There’s level one which sends a link to up to 10 contacts with your GPS location. They click the link and when they do that, it opens up the actual satellite picture of where that person is as well as giving the address. Level two is straight to 911. That GPS location is what the 911 centers are struggling with. For either level one or two, a viewing screen will come up so they can look and see what the user is seeing.

It’s only available on iOS right now. We’re trying to raise money to do the Android version. I’ve got several versions ready to go. I just need to raise money.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

I found Blue Label online. They were the quickest to respond to my inquiry and they were very helpful from the beginning. I’m not a tech savvy. I just got on the phone and they were the first to call back, so I went with them.

The app has cost a total of $105,000.

The current project is complete but we look towards the future to potentially work with them on the Android version of the app.

I built the app because there’s no place safe on the planet, and our app works in 247 countries. It will call the emergency number for whatever country you’re in. We’re in 42 countries. We’ve been up for almost two months and we have 1151 users. It’s a free app. If something happens to that person and they don’t make it, the hope is that the audio and video that has been recorded will be stored in the cloud so they can go back and look and try to get any evidence of that person’s last few minutes. Everybody can’t carry a gun but most people have a phone.

I have another company running my SEO [search engine optimization] campaign. They’re doing a great job for me. The biggest thing is app store reviews. I’m 4 stars plus in the app store. I’ve got 20 great reviews. We have had multiple interviews and publicity that came out of Blue Label Labs. It’s helped us grow. I’m sometimes getting 20 or 30 people a day which they say is very good.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

I can’t think of one time that we’ve had problems. It’s been relatively smooth. They did what they said they were going to do. They got the app out in a timely manner.

OVERALL SCORE: 5
They’ve got an amazing team.
SCHEDULING: 5
They got the app out in a timely manner.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I feel like they’re honest with me and highly recommend them.
J. Moss

App Development for Music Theory Enthusiast

Mobile app development

The client is an enthusiast of music theory and wanted to pursue a new activity. This client decided that they wanted to create an application. After some Internet research, this client found Blue Label Labs and, due to their strong online reputation, decided they were a great partner for their project.

The client is very satisfied with their partnership with Blue Label Labs. The client found Blue Label Labs to be very responsive and friendly. This client highly recommends Blue Label Labs to prospective buyers.

"I felt that even though I didn't know anything about making an app, the Blue Label Labs's team was there for me..."

Enthusiast, Music Theory App Startup

Thailand

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I don't have a company. I was doing this as an individual who loves music theory.

What challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

I just wanted to try something I had never done before, and that led me to create an app.

It was not a big project. To my mind, it was fairly simple, but got a little more complicated since specific knowledge about music theory was required. I'm not sure if I can name all the services since I was not familiar with anything that was done. Basically, everything from scratch to the final product was done by the Blue Label team.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

I was trying to find companies on the Internet and contacted a few without getting any response. I remember reading an article where this company was mentioned as having a good reputation. I contacted them, and I got a very friendly response, which I valued highly. I felt that even though I didn't know anything about making an app, the Blue Label Labs's team was there for me and tried their best to understand what I wanted them to do.

This project was in the range of $10,000 to $50,000

What was the timeline of the project?

The complete project duration was approximately six months.

The app is ready and in the App Store. It is pretty much exactly what I wanted.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

This was the first time I have done anything like this, so I won't be able to offer a comparison.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve or things you might do differently?

In the beginning when I described the app, I wanted to know if they were able to do it. I got an answer that it was possible. The only problem was that no one on their team had any knowledge of music theory. That meant that I actually had to teach them all the basics, and it took quite a while to make them understand some of the things. If they had had someone who already had this knowledge, it would have been much quicker, easier, and probably less expensive.

COST: 4

App Development for Traveler's Information App

Application development

The client is an iOS-based application startup that works to connect travelers with locals so that they are able to get insider recommendations while they travel. This client was in need of an established development partner that could take over, debug, and improve a previous code base that was delivered by a freelancer. After evaluating a few other app development agencies, this client found Blue Label Labs's technical yet business-minded approach to be the best fit for their project.

The client is extremely satisfied with their partnership with Blue Label Labs and commends them for offering continued business advice. This client highly recommends Blue Label Labs for their flat development structure and offering clients direct access to the development team on their project.

"I liked working with Blue Label because I was able to interact directly with my developers. From a communication perspective, that was awesome."

Founder, App Startup

Average: 5 (1 vote)

We are an iOS mobile app that connects travelers to like-minded local people in different cities so that they are able to get recommendations for things to do.

I am CEO and founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

At the time we started working with Blue Label Labs, we didn't have an in-house developer. I had originally hired a freelance developer to build a prototype of the product for us. It wasn't the best quality. So, instead of trying to find another freelancer, I wanted to find a more reputable development firm. We came to them with existing code base and prototype.

Initially, we were just trying get something out [a minimum viable product] to get feedback on. It wasn't the easiest project in the world because we asked them to take over an existing code base that wasn't built that well. We needed Blue Label's help to stabilize it. The product BLL delivered wasn't completely built from scratch, but it required them to get up to speed on the existing code base quickly. We did have them implement some new features.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

I talked to a few other agencies. I had met with Blue Label's leadership to talk about the project, and I liked working with them. They're very technical, but they also seemed to understand the business side of things. They had perspective on SEO [search engine optimization] as well. For me, it was wanting to partner with somebody that wasn't just offering the technical side, but also offering inside information like technology strategy and how to think about the app in terms of an overall business.

For Blue Label's services, we are spending in the range of $10,000 to $50,000.

We've gotten a bunch of feedback on the overall concept and how that product reflects the concept and what we're trying to turn into an actual business. We first released an MVP version in October [2015] and, based on that, we implemented a new feature to it in February. Since then, we have brought on an in-house developer, so we redesigned the product, and we're just finishing up some usability tests on that. We're rebuilding the app from scratch because we don't want to continue to deal with the buggy legacy code from the first freelancer.

How did Blue Label Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Most development firms will have project managers who facilitate between you and the developers. If you want to be involved in the development, project management adds a layer of complexity. I liked working with Blue Label because I was able to interact directly with my developers. From a communication perspective, that was awesome.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

For me, coming from a nontechnical background, the most important thing was being able to understand the rationale on why we were doing certain things in terms of development and the full implications of new features and Apple system updates. Being actually able to talk to somebody who could communicate business rationale for certain things as opposed to just a pure technology perspective was important.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

There were occasions where I would have loved to do certain things to make the app perform better, but then I'd rely on them to say it might be more cost-effective to do it a different way. There were spots where they saved us money for sure. When we first gave them the project, the previous freelancer was costing us $1,000 a month for servers. I didn't have any perspective on whether that was a lot or a little. Once we got Blue Label involved, they changed that right away and saved us hundreds of dollars a month. Having technical advisors was so helpful for me.

App Development for Insurance Brokerage Firm

Application development

The client is a large insurance brokerage firm located in Philadelphia. This client was looking to modernize their process for collecting claims from their customers. The client felt that an app was the best tool to do that. After searching around, this client was pointed to Blue Label Labs through a recommendation of another app development company.

The client is extremely satisfied with the iOS and Android applications that Blue Label Labs delivered for their team. The client plans to move forward with another project with Blue Label Labs. The client highly recommends Blue Label for their strong project management.

"Blue Label came in on time and under budget, and I believe we got the app two weeks ahead of schedule. Their team is top notch."

Chief Technology Officer, Insurance Brokerage Firm

Philadelphia, PA

Average: 5 (1 vote)

My company is an insurance brokerage firm. We insure fleets of vehicles whether they be school buses, oil tankers, etc.

I’m the Chief Technology Officer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

We were giving our clients a paper trifold of information that they would have to collect in the event of an accident so that we could handle the claim. We were looking to make that electronic, and since everybody has cell phones today, we thought about making it an app. I started a process of looking for someone who could help us develop an app and get it in the app stores for our clients’ use.

Blue Label delivered an Android and Apple app. The app is an accident reporting app.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

I was new to the app development world. I had never developed one. I started researching who to go to on Google and asking colleagues. They recommended me to some places. Every place that I went to basically told me that the cost for the app would be way too expensive for the app we were going to get. One of the companies that I talked with was very helpful. They recommended Blue Label Labs. They said this company would fit my needs more. I reached out to Blue Label and we hit it off.

Our project fell between $10,000 and $20,000.

One of the issues we were experiencing with the trifold was that it was just a piece of paper with all the questions. The users would write down the information, and you can imagine that some people’s handwriting is very atrocious, and we would get it via mail. Our new process is all digital, takes all the information into the app, and electronically sends it in PDF form to my claims team. Now, because of the app, we’re getting the claim information much quicker and legible with all the required fields filled out.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

The thing that stuck out to me about Blue Label Labs is when we negotiated the project, they said it was going to be done by a certain date. To be able to do that do that, their project management team kept reminding me to keep my side of the agreement as far as delivering all the information they needed from me. That effort kept the project online and I really appreciated that. Blue Label came in on time and under budget, and I believe we got the app two weeks ahead of schedule. Their team is top notch.

There were slight adjustments that we needed after the project was officially completely, and I figured I’d have to reengage them, but they just took care of them at no cost which was really nice. We still maintain communication because there are going to be some future projects we’re going to work on with Blue Label. They were very good.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

I didn’t have any issues at all. They were very helpful.

I’ve already done it.

App Development for On-demand Cosmetic Services Startup

Application development

The client is the CEO of an on-demand cosmetic services company, and their team was looking to expand their capabilities. This client looked to an application to help increase their market visibility and through the recommendation of a search engine optimization expert decided to partner with Blue Label Labs.

The client is extremely satisfied with their partnership with Blue Label Labs. This client highly recommends Blue Label Labs for their effort and ability to go beyond the scope of work and offer additional guidance and coaching for clients new to the app world.

"The extra knowledge and skills that Blue Label Labs lent to me in coaching me and guiding me through the app process was invaluable."

CEO, On-demand Cosmetic Services Company

Average: 5 (1 vote)

We are a beauty company that provides on-demand hair and makeup services in the New York and Los Angeles area.

I'm the CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

We were looking to streamline our logistics and operations process by using an app to facilitate scheduling of our artists.

Our app is currently on iOS only.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

I was considering Blue Label Labs and a few others. I went with them because of a very strong recommendation from an SEO [search engine optimization] expert that I trusted. He told me the top app development companies that he had worked with. Blue Label was the best value for the quality.

This project is in the range of $50,000 to $200,000.

Before we launched the app, I went to investors to get their feedback to raise money to launch the app with my company, and the feedback was so strong that they just wanted to invest in the app technology.

Now, I've created a whole new company around just that app technology. The extra knowledge and skills that Blue Label Labs lent to me in coaching me and guiding me through the app process was invaluable. We were able to get to a place that was much bigger than I had expected, and now we have such a scalable product, and will be able to scale our offering around the base of this technology.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

Blue Label Labs is very responsive. If you send an email, you get a response back in the next five to 10 minutes. The customer service is great. Their business development team is amazing. They're smart. They know a lot and they can figure things out. They add a lot of value that you're not paying for.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

There's a lot of underlying cost not associated directly with their development of the app. There's a lot of ancillary costs like Apple fees and things like that that could have been more transparent because that can drive up the cost of an app.

COST: 4
SCHEDULING: 5
They were ahead of most deadlines.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I've referred them already.

Mobile App Development for Sports Fan Platform

Mobile app development

The client is the Sploops application, a new platform for sports fans to meet and converse. Following the preliminary design stage, the client needed a development team to create the app itself. Blue Label Labs was referred to the client and provided front-end and back-end development services, quality testing, and integration services.

Since the app was first launched, the client has continued to receive very positive reviews regarding the interface and usability. They have seen more than 2,000 downloads in two months and are very satisfied with the work that Blue Label Labs provided. They enjoyed how smooth the process was and highly recommend Blue Label Labs to others.

"Blue Label gave us the freedom to be creative while also offering their input... It was unbelieveable working with them."

Cofounder, Sploops App (Social Platform for Sports Fans)

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I am the co-founder of the Sploops app, a new sports conversation app for fans.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Blue Label Labs?

We had a partner do some preliminary design work for us, but we needed a separate company to build the app itself.

Blue Label essentially built our app from the ground up, all the way through to our first launch in November. We used them for everything, including front-end and back-end development, video streaming, integrating Amazon Web Services, and quality testing.

How did you come to work with Blue Label Labs?

They were referred to us through a partner, which we're very happy about because we would not have built as great of an app without their services. Blue Label made the process very simple and easy. It was a great experience for sure.

The cost falls between $50,000 and $200,000.

The first launch of the app was in November 2015 and the second launch was March of this year [2016]. We work with them on an ongoing basis. When we have ideas for the app, we'll pitch it to them, and they'll come back to us with a plan for us to approve before they start working.

Since the first version was launched in the App Store, we've seen nothing but positive reviews. It's been excellent. Since the second version was released on March 8, we've had almost 2,000 downloads [in approximately two months], which we're also very excited about. The feedback from customers and users has been overall positive. We built an app that has a very smooth navigation, clean interface, and well-functioning technology. Blue Label did an excellent job.

How did Blue Label Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Blue Label performed very well. If we wanted to add more features to the app, we would have a general phone call with either our project manager or one of the two co-founders, Jordan [Gurrieri] or Bobby [Gill]. They were very clear with us throughout the whole process. They provided a timetable and pricing for every project, which is very important for the client.

The testing cycle was very easy as well. We were able to go back and forth with questions and suggestions for our project manager on a daily basis. At the end of the process, Blue Label would make sure that we were satisfied with the outcome and everything was buttoned up, and then we would get a bill that we could pay through PayPal. It was all a very smooth process.

What distinguishes Blue Label Labs from other providers?

Blue Label gave us the freedom to be creative while also offering their input, which was a perfect mix for us. We were able to get their professional experience and opinion while also incorporating our ideas. Another thing they are excellent at is keeping you updated throughout the process. It's important for customer satisfaction to be reassured that things are working and moving along smoothly.

Their technical expertise is also something that really sets them apart. There was never a time that they couldn't do something that we suggested. We love being creative, so it was great for us that Blue Label was able to make anything possible. They told us that the sky is the limit, and they proved it. It was unbelievable working with them, and we are going to continue the relationship through the life of our app and any apps going forward.

Is there anything Blue Label Labs could have improved or done differently?

We haven't had any complaints through this entire process. There is nothing negative to say from our end. It was very smooth the entire way.

SCHEDULING: 4.5
Paul Rosa

BabyMed iOS Application Development and Design

Mobile app development

The client is BabyMed, an application to help pregnant women and women who want to become pregnant make healthy choices. There was a need to develop an app to reach women. Blue Label Labs was selected to update an older app on iOS. Blue Label Labs is also responsible for design elements and will add updates and features on an ongoing basis.

The client is extremely satisfied with the work delivered by BabyMed. Blue Label Labs does great work, is very smart and thinks independently. The client has no negatives to report. Blue Label Labs is highly recommended to others.

"Blue Label performed beyond expectations. They are very smart. They understand what is going on, and they are extremely professional. They are professional beyond what I have seen in anybody else."

Founder, BabyMed

New York Metro Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Please describe your company.

We have a website that takes care of women who are trying to get pregnant. We use Blue Label to do the website for us.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the founder of the company. I am also a physician, the director of obstetrics at a hospital.

What was your goal for working with Blue Label Labs?

We previously had an app and showed it to Blue Label. We wanted to update and modernize it. Our schedule was to start with a basic app and add modules to it to make it grow. It is for iOS, iPhone.

The scope was to meet with Blue Label to give them the outline for the app. I gave them mathematical formulas and outlines on how to develop the app. They came up with some recommendations, which we discussed and implemented. Then, they designed the app from the bottom up.

What was your process for selecting Blue Label Labs to work with?

We looked online for a small-sized company that already had developed some apps, but not a huge company where I wouldn’t know whom I was talking to. I wanted to be able to talk to somebody in real time since we’re located in New York.

The project was performed in phases. The initial expense was in the $10,000 to $20,000 range. It was initially a small project, and when we added pieces, they charged us by the addition. It was very reasonable.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

The project is still ongoing. It’s a never-ending story. They completed the initial project in time. We started with putting the app in the App Store in October of 2013. They were done within the deadline, upgraded it, and we’ve continued to upgrade it with add ons.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We received very good recommendations online, and the reviews were excellent. Blue Label were very receptive to reviews and made changes to improve it even more.

How did Blue Label Labs perform?

They are very smart, and they can come up with their own ideas. They think independently for people who do this kind of development. I’ve been doing this for more than 10 years. If I ask them to do something, and it won’t work, they will tell me before they do it. They are wonderful. They deserve any success that they can get and want.

Not at all. They’re as good as I want them to be.

WILLING TO REFER: 5
They’re wonderful, and anybody who wants to do an app should be as lucky.
Dr. Amos Grunebaum

Mobile Application Startup Design and Development

Mobile app development

The client is Skycheckin, a mobile application startup that turns taking a flight into a social event. There was a need to develop an app with outside assistance. Blue Label Labs was selected to design and develop the frontend of an iOS app. The soft launch is completed, but the app is just now available at the App Store.

The client is extremely satisfied with the work delivered by Blue Label Labs. They produced a visually appealing app and were easy to work with. The only minor negative to report is that the project experienced minor delays. Blue Label Labs is highly recommended to others.

"We're very satisfied. They understood our project and the purpose of our app."

Co-Founder, Skycheckin Mobile App Startup

New York Metro Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Please describe your company.

We are a social network called Skycheckin Team. We used Blue Label Labs to do the frontend development.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the co-founder.

What was your goal for working with Blue Label Labs?

We briefed them on what we needed, and they gave us some screen shots of what the app could be. We continued talking about it until we found something we both agreed on. Our main concerns were how fast and efficient it would be.

My partner developed the whole backend that communicates with the app, and Blue Label developed the front end and the design of the app.

What was your process for selecting Blue Label Labs to work with?

It was random. I was looking for a company online and wanted someone who wasn’t too expensive or too cheap, either. Blue Label was in the middle, and I decided to contact them.

From the time we started the project until it was available on the App Store was about six months. We adapted some features, too. When they gave us the first shot of the app, we thought there were some options we should change. In terms of money, it was about $15,000.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

The soft launch was this week so February of 2014.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Not yet. It's too early. We're very happy with the work. The two teams worked very well together.

How did they perform overall?

We're very satisfied. They understood our project and the purpose of our app. We met some other people who submitted proposals for the app, but they didn’t really get the feeling of what we wanted. They were very involved and fixed the bugs by themselves without us needing to tell them all the bugs. They gave us updated versions of the app, and they worked from that. It was very professional.

This was my first app, so I can’t compare them to other firms. We had a good relationship. We met the whole team and had a soft launch party. If we need to do more, we will go through them.

I would say the time frame could improve. We are happy the way it is, but perhaps it could have taken a month less overall.

COST: 4.5
SCHEDULING: 4
Charly Wa

El Dorado - El Dorado Airport App in Bogotá, Colombia - iPhone & Android Apps

In 2015, El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia approached Blue Label Labs to design and develop a set of iOS and Android apps for visitors to the 44th busiest airport in the world.

The airport began the project with the desire to build an eye-catching app that not only made it easy for visitors to travel through the airport and monitor their flight status, but also served to showcase the variety of vendors and service providers available within the Airport.

Blue Label Labs - App Design, Development & Marketing Process

Check-out our process for app design, development and marketing.

Hello Sitter - On-Demand Babysitter App - iPhone

Hello Sitter was envisioned to provide an “Uber”-like experience that took the stress out of finding quality childcare. Whether it was a last minute meeting or a much needed date night, Hello Sitter wanted to create a seamless experience that made scheduling babysitting as frictionless and easy as it is to arrange for a pickup from a car sharing service. In selecting Blue Label Labs as their mobile app design and development partner, Hello Sitter looked to Blue Label to not only design a mobile app that brought their vision to life but also to build, test and deploy the product so that it was ready for a Spring 2016 launch.

FRND - On-Demand Nurse Delivery Platform - iPhone App

FRND is a mobile application that allows users of all ages to access a nurse on demand who can attend to various health care concerns, from first aid to prescriptions to hangover cures.

Healthcare that comes to you on-demand

Dedicated, high-quality practitioners

Never experience the waiting room again

Intuitive, patient-friendly design

BabyMed - Fertility & Pregnancy Tracker - iPhone App

The new FREE updated BabyMed app with iOS 7 compatibility includes pregnancy and fertility and ovulation calculators and calendars and a fetal baby kick counter to help you get pregnant faster and have a healthy baby. It also has a conception-prevention calculator that helps you identify the days when you are unlikely to get pregnant.

Over 1 in 20 women seek information about reproductive health from apps. BabyMed is the essential app for anyone who is trying to get pregnant or who is already pregnant. BabyMed for iPhone offers a complete set of pregnancy and fertility tools to help you get pregnant faster and deliver a healthy baby.

BabyMed - Fertility & Pregnancy Tracker - Apple Watch App

NEW Apple Watch interface to keep track of fertility and pregnancy.

Features of Babymed Apple Watch App:

Check your fertility dates range

Track each part of your cycle accurately

Schedule ovulation and pregnancy tests, based on your LMP