We are consultants & we develop digital strategies

Blu Impact is a performance marketing agency located in downtown San Francisco.

We specialize in custom strategic digital marketing solutions. We work with executives to plan, design, build and manage successful digital strategies that are essential to business growth and sustainability.

Blu Impact provides the necessary components for establishing thought leaders and industry authorities.

We help clients generate more leads to increase ROI, this translates to selling more products and services, capitalizing on new opportunities, gaining competitive advantages and transforming businesses.

San Francisco, CA
  • The Haight
    San Francisco, CA 94117

Web Design & Development for UX Company

“I was impressed with how well they accommodated demands and sudden changes.”

Mar. - Apr. 2018

Blu Impact designed a website for mobile and desktop to showcase a company’s services, working on a tight timeline to develop the site and provide SEO services too.

Sunnyvale, California
UX Designer, Twyne

The new site perfectly met expectations, providing an excellent exhibition of the company’s portfolio and attracting new traffic and inquiries. Its design is flexible, ensuring it can be further developed in the future, while the team handled the short timeline very well.

I work at a UX design company. Our job is to take client's customer experience and find ways to improve it overall. I build our website so that we can showcase our previous projects for potential clients to see.

For what projects/services did your company hire Blu Impact?

We hired Blu Impact for the design of our website. We needed a place that users could click through to and browse our projects.

We wanted a website that would look good on mobile and desktop, while accurately showcasing the work that we do. We wanted the site designed, up and running, and marketed within a month of beginning the project.

I chose them because they were based near us in San Francisco, and they were small enough that we knew the service would be tailored to our needs. When we first contacted them, the owner walked me through the steps that the project would involve. I could immediately tell that my needs would be taken very seriously and that any shift in the project's direction would be accommodated for.

The team leader was responsible for learning about the website I needed, the portfolio functions, the projects that would be showcased, and how the website could grow in the future. Once this was established, they designed a timeline with me that would conclude the website's construction in a month.

We designed clear guidelines and a concrete timeline for the project that met our expectations and that Blu Impact assured us they would be able to achieve.

This included the purchase of a domain, for which they gave me multiple options to choose from based on what I wanted initially. After that, they selected a host that would be most cost-efficient for my traffic needs, then designed the website based on my demands, working closely with me throughout. It included our availability, our contact, and a detailed rundown of one of our projects: the subscription manager.

Finally, they refined the SEO of the website and established a marketing campaign through Facebook and LinkedIn, after which the traffic improved significantly.

I worked closely with one of their employees. They managed a small team of web developers, but I only ever talked to the team lead. This lead was crucial for becoming aware of each individual steps that needed to happen in order to reach our goals, and what each step entailed. I gained a deeper understanding of the process and the common practices and standards associated with each of the steps of the process, which was helpful for learning the bigger picture beyond my project. While this isn't information that is generally needed for clients like me, the openness about the process made me feel as though I was a valued human being, given the courtesy of being included in the "loop", rather than kept isolated due to fear of disrupting the process for lack of proficiency.

We were now able to proudly show a website to anyone who might be interested. We started to receive more phone calls and emails about whether we were available to work on UX projects for potential clients. The website can also be continuously improved over time as our company grows.

They complied with agreed-upon deadlines and expectations, and were always available to call when something needed to be changed. All the resources were stored on GitHub, which was accessible to check whenever I wanted.

I was impressed with how well they accommodated demands and sudden changes. The month-long scope was ambitious, but they didn't flinch, delivering everything on time despite frequent changes or overhauls to features that I wasn't satisfied with.

I would like to communicate through internet-based voice chat, as all of our contact was over phone, text, or email.

Our deadlines were met.
    I was very happy with what they delivered.

Ecommerce Web Customization for Jewelry Company

"The team is timely and responsive to urgent or unexpected matters."

n/a

2013 - Ongoing

Blu Impact provides custom web software development, maintenance, and support. Customizations for the existing e-commerce platform focus on brand identity and separate spaces for retail and wholesale outfits.

Berkeley, California
Robyn Burnaford
Product Marketing Manager, Viv & Ingrid

Coding and technical support are invaluable for the business model and growth opportunities. While requested deliverables are timely, suggested alternatives are also helpful contributions to the process. Customers can expect highly responsive services and considerable availability.

I am the product marketing manager at Viv & Ingrid, a jewelry company that makes intricate statement pieces.

What challenge were you trying to address with Blu Impact?

We needed an offsite agency to replace our IT specialist when she left the company. We had an existing e-commerce site that required ongoing backend maintenance and occasional feature updates.

Blu Impact provided web services we couldn’t do ourselves as a boutique company. Our site serves both retail and wholesale customers. It has a control panel and dashboard with some customized features that foster our brand identity. In addition to coding and backend support, their team does the customizations, which mainly curate separate spaces for the retail and wholesale customers.

Work started in 2013 and is ongoing.

We’re happy with their work. They execute the customizations and programming we need but also suggest alternative approaches. The team’s positive attitude helps us realize our objectives.

How did Blu Impact perform from a project management standpoint?

They are timely and responsive to urgent or unexpected matters. I’m can text them any question. They’re always available to respond and initiate executions.

Customer emails and order confirmations were not going through during last year’s holiday season. Christmas is a crucial time, so we were “up in arms” about the issue. They resolved it by working with our site’s hosting company and the e-commerce organization that runs our product cart. Their service is invaluable for projects of this nature.

We’re working to balance design and programming projects with a greater awareness of workflows. However, this is more our issue than theirs.

Don’t be afraid to be clear and direct with them. They’ll deliver what you want.

• N/A Cost
    I don't have the information necessary to supply this rating.