Custom Web Design, Serving Cochrane & Calgary

Calgary and Cochrane Web Design services including graphic design, custom WordPress development and managed WordPress hosting.

We provide professional solutions to a wide variety of local businesses in Alberta and across Canada. By focusing on high quality optimization of all aspects of site design, content development and social media integration we can provide a powerful and successful brand for your company online.

Our clients enjoy world-class managed WordPress hosting that ensures peace of mind, ease of management and fast page load speeds, all of which facilitate a strong, persistent online presence.

2001
Cochrane, Canada

Digital Marketing for Destination Wedding Company

"I thank BlindDrop Design for a lot of my success. Everything from the website to the marketing projects have been high quality and up to expectations."

2011 - Ongoing

BlindDrop Design provided various services for the client including logo creation, graphic design, website design, and the production of marketing materials.

Cochrane, Alberta
Chelsea Landaverde
Owner, Something Azul Destination Weddings

BlindDrop Design is a valuable and successful partner for the client. The agency is recognized for their ability to understand their clients’ vision as well as their ability to execute. The client highly recommends BlindDrop Design to others.

Please describe your company.

We provide destination wedding planning services as well as travel agent services.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the owner and the lead planner.

What was your goal for working with BlindDrop Design?

I was just starting the business, so they helped me create my brand and then built my website as well.

They created my logo, helped with graphics on my truck, created our posters and business cards, and designed the entire website. Now, they've done my Google+ page. They've helped me with creating banners for trade shows. They did both Web development and design

What was your process for selecting BlindDrop Design?

They happen to live right next to me, and we already knew each other a little bit.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

It was less than $10,000.

When was the project completed?

I started working with them in 2011-2012. The collaboration is still ongoing.

What were the results of the project?

It's been awesome. They've really helped me. They've done a really good job. I thank BlindDrop Design for a lot of my success. Everything from the website to the marketing projects have been high quality and up to expectations. We haven't had any issues on projects, and the results have been valuable to the growth of my company.

Do you have any statistics or metrics on the project?

The SEO [search engine optimization] part is great, I'm always at the top of relevant Google searches. Our location on Google has really improved from work with BlindDrop.

Is there anything unique or special about BlindDrop Design that really makes them stand out?

I tried to work with some other agencies, but I don't think they were really seeing my vision. I think BlindDrop was able to help me fulfill my vision, but also make it better. They've given me a lot of tips and things along the way. I couldn't have done it without them, to be honest.

No. As far as they're concerned, I think they've been great. I have absolutely nothing.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

I was just starting out, so I didn't have a lot of information on how to market, how to do any of that, and they helped show the ropes for everything for me. Honestly, I was a blank slate before they got me. I was building the whole business and learning everything as I went. So, for me, just taking everything that they say because they're brilliant. They're really good at what they do.

Website Development for Audio Equipment Company

"We've utilized them [BlindDrop Design] for more than a decade, and the relationship is still ongoing. I've always gone back to them when I'm ready to have the work done."

2004 - Ongoing

With the goal of increasing advertising to generate new business, the client hired BlindDrop Design to provide web design and development services.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Darren Lane
President, K&W Audio

BlindDrop Design is a valuable and successful partner for the client. The agency’s efforts have contributed to the client’s increased business. BlindDrop Design are praised for their great, fast service and are recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

K&W Audio is a high-end audio/video company that does home automation, home theaters, and audio systems. We do delivery, installation, and programming as well as retail sales, and we've been around for almost 40 years.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the president.

What was your goal for working with BlindDrop Design?

Our goal was to increase advertising to find new clientele. We do quite well with word of mouth, and when we get somebody, we generally keep him or her for a long period of time. Of course, the dynamic has changed. We used to do a lot of advertising in the paper and that sort of thing but, as time has gone on, we wanted to go where the majority of people for companies like us.

When I originally went to them, I wanted a website that allowed me to do updates and changes to it, rather than having to wait for a Web designer to do it. Our website is important to us and, as an electronics company, it means a lot if our site doesn't represent precisely who we are. Because electronics change all the time, it's important that we be able to change it to reflect that.

So, I was after a design that would allow me to do what I want to do, but I'm not a techie guy as far as coding and all that. I wanted a platform that allowed me to make modifications, and I wanted a custom-built site that specifically reflected what we did. I wanted our company's personality to come through. We are the high-end A/V company in Calgary, the one single brick-and-mortar store that's been around for decades, and the one that is well known for having expensive cool gear. I wanted to make sure that our site showed that.

What was your process for selecting BlindDrop Design?

I really don't remember. We've worked with them for a very long time, and we had worked with others to begin with. I became aware that he was doing that sort of thing, and we morphed as we went along. There was never a time when the experience turned out to be a bad one.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

The work went through several different phases. I probably spent more than $10,000 and less than $20,000.

What were the results of the project?

We've utilized them for more than a decade, and the relationship is still ongoing. I'm working with them right now on doing another arm of our site that relates to online sales.

Do you have any statistics or metrics on the project?

The metrics I get are excellent. I love it when people cold call me and say they can put me on the front page of Google. I tell them to go to Google right now. If we show up on the first page and customers find us and make a phone call, then he's done everything he needs to do, it's up to us from there.

We also advertise with Yellow Pages, and their rep recently reviewed our site and said it's the best website he's ever seen. So, there's never a time when I'm not super happy with what we got.

The thing I like about BlindDrop is, I can send an email off to them at any time. Just the other day, we had a glitch on the site actually related to the cache in my own computer, but I didn't know that. So, I sent an email, and within a few hours, at night, I got an email back saying that it was fixed. So, just great service – fast service. If I have an idea, we can have meeting, and I don't get a bill for it. When I ask for advice as a consultant, there's never a time I've gotten a bill, and as a result, I've always gone back to them when I'm ready to have the work done.

Nobody's perfect, but I can't think of anything. I'm happy with what I've got.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

The thing I like about is that they're personable. You're always talking to somebody who listens, and for me that's a big thing. There are a lot of knowledgeable people who want to tell you about their knowledge, and for me, the most important thing is to say, "I want to tell you all about what I need," and then you can apply that. There's a lot of times you get talked over before you get to the point where you feel comfortable that you've imparted all of the parameters that you're after. In that vein, make sure that you can sit quietly on the phone and listen while somebody talks, even in a non-technical way, until they start to slow down.

We've certainly made a lot more money off of them than we ever spent on them.
    All the time.