Custom Software Development Company

We are  Blackthorn Vision - TOP ENGINEERS, PROVEN PROCESSES, and since 2009 we've been building software products and scaling tech teams worldwide. Given that only top engineers are retained in a team, we can successfully deliver such complex services as AI and digital cell biology solutions, machine vision systems, etc.

With more than 10 years of expertise and 90+ engineers in our delivery centers we can help:

• enterprise clients to scale their teams in times faster by providing access to a vast pool of talents that can become available in weeks instead of months.
  • startups to get their MVP done asap and with minimal expenses.
  • any client to get their project delivered on time and budget.

Key technologies: .NET (certified Microsoft Silver Partner), Go, React.js, Angular, TypeScript, Electron.js, Native iOS (Swift, Objective-C), Android (Kotlin), Xamarin, AWS and Google Cloud.

Features services and areas of expertise:

• Full-Cycle Custom Software Development
  • Mobile Application Development on Android, iOS and Hybrid platform
  • Requirenments and Business Analysis
  • QA and Software Testing
  • DevOps and Cloud Development

To explore more, please visit blackthorn-vision.com.

Lviv, Ukraine
  • 3/1 Zarichans'ka str.
    Khmelnitsky 29000
    Ukraine

Intellibend, Impact, SciChart, unTill, Rockwell Automation, Smart Cloud, Wysepower, Remipeople.
Machine Vision Solution for Industrial Inspection Image

Machine Vision Solution for Industrial Inspection

The best solution for an end-to-end application for barcode devices with a simple and clean interface flexibly combined with complicated setting up environment for the advanced user.

The User Interface client application which provides reading device configuration for Stand Alone and Master/Slave configurations. It is installed in a desktop application and runs on Windows-based PCs

(usually laptops). The connection is established through the Ethernet TCP/IP interface.

It also provides visual monitoring of images which can be stored in an Image Database either locally on the device or on a local or remote PC.

Orkus - Access governance platform Image

Orkus - Access governance platform

The Orkus platform simplifies the processes of securing your hybrid cloud infrastructure and data from unauthorized access which can threaten your business. The platform builds a real-time access graph connecting all your data, infrastructure and privileged identities.

FitFortis - Personalized health tracking Image

FitFortis - Personalized health tracking

The FitFortis application enables you to track your measurements made by the device or manually, set goals and achieve them. Moreover, FitFortis allows setting a possible diagnosis according to your symptoms. We are confident that together with FitFortis you will achieve your goals.

Intellibend - Wire forming machines software Image

Intellibend - Wire forming machines software

Intellibend

Software for Dedicated high volume production machines for wire forms and sheet metal stampings. Allows to control machine, modify execution program, change position of motors on the machine. User is able to create program from scratch or modify existing, then run it on machine.

Rockwell Automation - Digital oil field solution Image

Rockwell Automation - Digital oil field solution

Digital oil field solution

Web-based solution designed to compute, analyze, control and communicate the parameters needed to optimize the production of naturally flowing wells.

Remipeople - Recruitment automation platform Image

Remipeople - Recruitment automation platform

Recruitment automation platform

The RemiPeople recruitment webapp applies powerful but simple tools to help you source, filter, interview and select the right talent, consistently.

SciChart - Charting Library Image

SciChart - Charting Library

Cross-platform charting library

SciChart is a cross-platform WPF, iOS, Android and Xamarin Charting Library. SciChart supports rendering of real-time charts with many millions of datapoints for applications.

Semex Solutions - Innovative genetic solutions Image

Semex Solutions - Innovative genetic solutions

A STANDOUT TOOL FOR MAKING GENETIC DECISIONS

SemexWorks is a powerful, easy-to-use application, empowering farmers to define their specific farm economics and genetic needs for their operations.

unTill - Hospitality Software Image

unTill - Hospitality Software

Restaurants web management

unTill is a C# .Net, Angular, Android and IOS web management application, which helps restaurant owners and managers to gather all real-time business data in a convenient way with access from device no matter where they are.

Impact - Investigate management and case tracking Image

Impact - Investigate management and case tracking

Investigate management and case tracking

Complaint Management system (CMS) is client-server application, the purpose of which is to track and store information about complaints and legal actions being processed by The Regulated Industries Complaints Office (RICO) by receiving, investigating, and prosecuting complaints.

Web Software Dev for Energy Estimation Startup

“They’re technically very competent. They know exactly what they’re doing.”

Fall 2017 – Fall 2018

Blackthorn Vision LLC developed the SaaS product for a startup specializing in electrical planning. A lead developer utilized C++ to code for the software. The process entailed extensive texting and bug-fixes.

Westminster, Colorado
Nic Mihai
Director of Project Services, CostDraw

Blackthorn Vision LLC developed a great product that’s gotten good user feedback. Their capable developer created a product that’s actively being used internally. Despite their technical expertise, they could improve their project management. They failed to abide by the original budget and timeline.

We’re an electrical software development company. We’ve created software that designs and provides technical estimations for electrical projects (mainly those that are high-voltage and involve electrical generation).

What challenge were you trying to address with Blackthorn Vision LLC?

This software was a long-held idea in my mind and I approached Blackthorn Vision to actually develop it.

After I provided Blackthorn with a general wireframe and an overview of desired functionalities, they developed my desktop application in C++.

There was no precedent to work from because, at the time, there weren’t any similar products around. We developed a completely new software step by step, with frequent checks and tests. They’d create something, and I would see how it worked before making the necessary adjustments.

The software allows users to build project plans while estimating the value of those projects. Each user installs the software on their own machine and has to input an activation code to make it work. Each user has a unique login, and they can customize the software in accordance with their specific needs.

The software works pretty much like a puzzle game—it features pieces that you put together to create an electrical diagram. The software takes those pieces from a database and puts them on the drawing board, where you can create the system or design you want. As you customize the project, a cost estimate is automatically generated in the background.

Victor (Software Engineer, Blackthorn Vision LLC) was my main point of contact. He’s very sharp; he quickly understood exactly how I wanted the software to work.

How did you come to work with Blackthorn Vision?

I found them through a google search. I found Blackthorn to be a good fit because they had engaged in a comparable project in the past.

In total, I spent over $25,000.

I started working with Blackthorn in the fall of 2017 and wrapped up around a year later.

Blackthorn did a great job building the software, which is currently working just as it’s supposed to. While there were plenty of bugs along the way, Blackthorn quickly resolved them upon discovery; they were very responsive in this sense.

Since the deployment of the software, I’ve gotten very good user feedback. It’sproprietary software that’s only being used by a few people at this time. I built it for internal use in our company, and we’ve been satisfied with it. I’ll go to Blackthorn in the future if I need more help.

How did Blackthorn Vision LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

I would’ve appreciated better project management; I don’t believe we had a project manager assigned to us. I’d expected the project to be a bit faster and cheaper. They were unable to fulfill the requirements within our set time and budget, but I admit that it was a hard estimate, to begin with.

While Viktor did a great job building the software, I felt that he may have been stretched between other projects. I suspect that this is why my project took longer than estimated. While communication was smooth, there were points where Viktor had difficulty finding time for my project. In the end, he’d only work on it for one day a week, trying to fix whatever bugs we had.

From their perspective, the project was completed, but, as the customer, I wanted all bugs fixed. He did eventually finish fixing them, but it took a little longer than we thought. All that being said, it wasn’t a major issue—I was satisfied with the end product.

We used email and video chat for communication. We didn’t have a time zone issue, and they speak perfect English. I didn’t have any problems understanding them.

They’re technically very competent. They know exactly what they’re doing.

They’re very busy, with so many projects going on, so they could use better project management. Blackthorn could improve their communication with the client, and work to stick to the original timeline and budget.

I’d wholeheartedly recommend Blackthorn Vision. However, I do advise clients to make sure that everything—a time schedule, a defined scope of work—is on paper. Doing so ensures that everyone is in line.

Overall Score Overall, we had a good experience, and they delivered what they were supposed to. At the end of the day, I’m happy.
    The project was supposed to take six months, but it took about a year. I admit that I made some small changes, but it took about double what it was supposed to.
    It would’ve cost me a lot more to develop with someone in the US. A quality programmer is a quality programmer.
    I’d give Viktor a 5, as a developer. Looking at the company overall, I would have to go down to 4. I would’ve expected a lot more help from the company overall.
    I would totally recommend them. At the same time, I’d give the advice to make sure everything’s on paper.

Custom Software and Web Dev for AI Developer

“Discussions aren’t arguments; they stay focused on the problem until it’s fixed.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Blackthorn Vision LLC provides custom software and web development services on an ongoing basis. Their work supports the cloud architecture and the user interface.

Boston, Massachusetts
Co-founder & EVP, AI Software Developer

Blackthorn Vision LLC’s efforts have been received with positive acclaim. The product has seen substantial heights in quality since their involvement. The team is talented, communicative, and always goes the extra mile to insure the customer is satisfied.

I am the executive vice president of an AI software developer. We focus on the area of AI called explainable AI.

What challenge were you trying to address with Blackthorn Vision LLC?

We needed help with custom software and web development for our company. We have a core engine that has a lot of capabilities and AI algorithms and an enterprise-class architecture. It didn’t have a designer user interface to create the applications for our core engine.

We crafted similar applications in the past and we knew how to create the user interface, but needed an organization that could build those capabilities that also had a good appreciation for how to build a web-based tool. We needed it to be in the cloud, and we needed a cloud architecture. We also needed them to support the user interface development challenges that we knew we would have ourselves; both conveying what we wanted, as well as our customers understanding that their needs are fulfilled.

There were three major components to the software. For each of the, there was a design document that was created. They have very detailed user interface requirements and we take exactly the same product and use it in three or four different market verticals in our customer applications.

They’ve also done user sessions where they interacted with our customers to see how they’ree using the tool as well as to get feedback, and that alters the design sometimes. We provide an API to our software, but they need to know how to construct the user interface and apply that API to create the necessary features.  They’ve been able to meet all of our requirements thus far.

Their team consisted of a senior architect and user interface developer and architect, as well as two supporting engineers, and a user interface engineer.

How did you come to work with Blackthorn Vision LLC?

One of our investors had worked with them previously. They recommended Blackthorn to us and we followed up with the CEO. We began working together shortly thereafter.

We’ve invested over $100,000.

We began working with them in October 2018, and our work is ongoing.

The impact of their work has been substantial. You can divide our software capabilities into two bundles which are our core software and the workbench, which is our design tool. Every customer that we present to, any information that we send out, or any project that we do involves the workbench which Blackthorn helped us to create. It is an essential part of the business and we know that because we have tried at least one other substantial implementation of the workbench which was nor successful. It has taken us five years to and get the right team together to create it. For me, Blackthorn is that team.

The product is very good. We had conversations early on about quality assurance and quality control, and they do an excellent job of that. There is always more to do and they are always willing to do it.

We have a very aggressive roadmap for development for both the core software as well as the workbench. We have a lot to do and at every step, we have to make sure that the quality is good as well as make sure that previous features that we have are not impacted in any way.

They are still on board, doing a great job. I really like the team we have.

How did Blackthorn Vision LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very good and our communication has been great. We have several channels of communication such as WhatsApp, Webex, Skype, email and telephone. They use Microsoft tools and we use their visual studio web-based platform to track progress and tasks. We stay on track. Their engineers are quite good, and they keep us well behaved as well and it has been a good relationship.

We have meetings twice per week on Mondays and Fridays to ensure that they are in alignment with us and we understand what they are doing. We want to make sure they are delivering to a specific schedule based on a number of sprints that they complete towards that deliverable or milestone.

There haven’t been any issues when it comes to time difference or a language barrier. We have one person that was based in Portugal for a while, and we haven’t run into any issues.

It is a good balance of hard engineering details and flexibility. They do push back when there is something they don’t understand, schedules or if allocations of their resources are being disturbed by some request that we make. They help us enforce a degree of discipline which shows up in quality. In keeping things on track, you make sure you have the time to check the quality. It is a big part of achieving really good quality software. They stay on target and on point. Discussions aren’t arguments; they stay focused on the problem until it’s fixed. I really appreciate that aspect.

I rely on Blackthorn to make sure that our resources are being used efficiently. I can only see the final product and the discussions that lead up to that, and they seem to do a good job on that. The only downside I see is that I wish I had more downtime and financial resources to spin up more of their people. I think we have a good management structure and eventually, we will have more resources to have the capabilities we want.

One thing that could be improved is payment. We are essentially paying a fixed amount which gives them a lot of freedom in how they want to allocate people, but I don’t have complete visibility into their cost structure, but it would be helpful if I did. Overall, it has been a good situation, but there is some tendency from my managers to have more details and I can’t provide that.

My advice is to follow their lead. Choose a small number of things to focus on and don’t try to boil the ocean. Stay attentive to hard targets, as it’s critical for the success of the project.  To create software, it’s necessary to have a good understanding of what’s needed, so you can guide the development team.

Online Cross Reference Tool

“They did what they said they would do and did it on time like clockwork.”

Sept. 2 - Dec. 2018

Blackthorn Vision LLC developed an automated cross-reference tool that went over competitor part numbers and matched them to an equivalent proprietary device. The project is complete but yet to roll out.

Santa Clara, California
Jim Holbrook
Director of Customer Engineering, SiTime Corporation

During development, Blackthorn Vision LLC followed a methodical process. They tracked timelines and manpower for all tasks and tested the deliverables on a regular basis. Once implemented, the cross-referencing tool would reduce a time-consuming manual process to a quick automated sequence.

I’m the director of customer engineering at SiTime Corporation. SiTime is a leading developer of MEMS-based (micro-electro-mechanical systems) frequency control products, including crystal oscillators (XO), temperature compensated crystal oscillators (TCXO), and voltage controlled crystal oscillators (VCXO).

For what projects/services did your company hire Blackthorn Vision LLC?

We contracted Blackthorn to develop an automated competitor cross reference tool which accepts one or more competitor part number(s) and matches them to the SiTime equivalent device.

We wanted to deploy the online cross-reference tool to the SiTime website within three months.

Blackthorn had an excellent track record and reputation, and they gave a very reasonable price quote for the project.

Blackthorn developed an online cross-reference tool, which involved creating a database of competitor devices that reads in data from an excel spreadsheet provided by SiTime. Blackthorn also developed the complex match logic and clean, easy-to-use user interface. This project was especially complex because all competitors have different part numbering schemes, and the matching logic had to comprehend this as well as store thousands of lines of information into the database.

The team consisted of a project leader, lead developer, and QA engineer.

Before we implemented this tool, the cross-reference process was very manual and involved downloading each competitor datasheet and matching parameters to the most equivalent SiTime device.

Now, implementation of this tool will save hundreds of manhours of time per year and also make life easier for our channel partners. Last year, it took our team a lot of time to cross a list of 3,000 competitor devices; by implementing this automated cross reference tool, this type of task can be accomplished in only a few minutes.

The team leader created a project plan along with the associated man hours of each task. We had weekly phone calls to assess status and test the software as it was being built. It was very effective, and the project was released on time to an aggressive schedule, given the tool complexity.

Blackthorn Vision LLC had a very professional demeanor and drove all tasks to completion. They did what they said they would do and did it on time like clockwork.

No, none that I can see. They had an outstanding performance.

Overall Score They had an excellent performance.
    They were outstanding. Every task was delivered on time.
    The cost exceeded our expectations and was lower than anticipated.
    It's a clean, easy to use and maintain tool that was delivered in time and within budget.
    I would be very happy and confident to recommend them to a friend.

Development & Design for Recruitment SaaS Platform

“In addition to their technical skill, the team is responsive and have been a real partner throughout the process.”

June 2017 - Jan. 2018

Blackthorn Vision developed a beta version of an online recruitment software. The product fosters more hiring diversity by anonymizing the recruitment process to emphasize core competencies.

Australia
Yvonne Bowyer
CEO, RemiPeople

Following the soft launch, Blackthorn Vision has continued to provide ongoing support. They’ve been responsive in addressing system bugs and suggested creative ways to meet technical needs. Although they could have provided more initial direction, they were consistently involved in the project.

I’m a co-founder and the CEO of RemiPeople, an online recruitment web app that removes the subconscious bias from the hiring process. It’s a SaaS product used in business to streamline hiring.

What challenge were you trying to address with Blackthorn Vision?

During recruitment, there are multiple biases in play that people aren’t always aware of. So, we wanted to create an online tool that allowed organizations to not only find the best candidates but also consider more diverse options. Blackthorn Vision joined the project to develop the beta software of this tool.

It was a collaborative approach rather than us just giving instructions. Initially, we discussed our needs and detailed what our product would deliver, and they helped us refine our requirements. From there, they handled all the coding and UX design to build the beta version. They linked the tool with Stripe and SendGrid, which allowed us to send automated emails to confirm applicant submissions and updates.

The software itself is an online recruitment tool. Companies can create job posts through our app, which generates a URL address. Candidates can then use the link to go through our screening process and complete their application. This involves a series of questions that assess the candidate’s capabilities with regard to their day-to-day duties. We then anonymize the applicant, removing identifying information such as name and gender before passing it to the recruiter. Companies can also see the applicant’s CV but only later in the process. That way, the process solely focuses on relevant work skills.

Once a recruiter scores the applicant, they can see each candidate on a leaderboard, which enables the recruiter to quickly sort through resources that they’d want to pursue. Candidates will then go through a structured interview process using a tool that loads questions. Online interview templates are also available to load comments and immediately score responses. The software will average the scores, input them in the leaderboard, and provide a summary of the candidate’s performance at each stage of the recruitment process.

I worked with a designer, two backend developers, two frontend developers, and a coordinator who took care of testing and communication.

How did you come to work with Blackthorn Vision?

We wanted to explore more cost-effective development options, so we looked for firms overseas. I made a rubric, shortlisted 4–5 companies, and spoke with each one to refine the list. I also spoke to some of their clients.

Eventually, I went with Blackthorn Vision because we felt more comfortable with their range of services. Their business development personnel was also active in terms of responding to our inquiries and following up.

We spent between $50,000–$200,000.

Currently, Blackthorn is cooperating with us to address various bugs and issues that none of us had thought about during the earlier development. These are inevitable system issues, but the team has been responsive in correcting them. They’ve also provided creative solutions to our technical challenges, working hard to help us achieve our goals.

How did Blackthorn Vision perform from a project management standpoint?

When we first started, it took us a while to be clear about what we wanted, which resulted in some confusion. But they stuck with us and sorted everything out. We also faced some unforeseen challenges on our side after the initial software iterations. This caused some delays, but Blackthorn strove to stick to the schedule. We coordinated the project through email and Skype.

In addition to their technical skill, the team is responsive and have been a real partner throughout the process. From the CEO to the lead developers and point of contact, they’ve all been highly helpful.

We wish they would have given us firmer direction at the beginning on what needed to be done and when. At the time, I hadn’t gone through a development process before, so I would’ve appreciated more guidance on key points. We ended up losing a bit of time during the first six weeks because we were all trying to get on the same page.

Custom Development for Graphics Control Provider

"Their loyalty and willingness to fully integrate with my team and business is amazing."

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

Blackthorn Vision LLC provides developers who contribute to graphics and visualization software. Their resources work with a variety of languages (C#, .NET, WPF, XAML) and provide customer technical support.

Andrew Burnett-Thompson
CEO, Graphics & Visualization Company

Award-winning software created by Blackthorn Vision has laid the foundation for enhanced scalability. Blackthorn’s resources work seamlessly with an in-house team and have adapted to internal project management tools. Their dedication to success and desire to be team-players is commendable.

I am the tech lead and CEO of my company, which provides custom controls in Windows applications, iOS & Android applications. We provide graphics & visualization to customers around the world in Scientific, Financial & Medical industries.

For what projects/services did your company hire Blackthorn Vision LLC?

We needed additional software developers to develop, maintain, and support custom controls for real-time graphics and visualizations.

We wanted to build custom graphics and visualization components in a variety of languages. I was also looking for documentation and technical customer support services.

We selected Blackthorn Vision because of their strong reviews and reputation.

They’ve designed, developed, and maintained several graphics and visualization components using C#, .NET, WPF, XAML, Objective-C, Swift, and Java. We started with a single developer and have grown the team every year since. They’ve also contributed toward documentation, teaching, and learning on our clients’ behalf. Finally, they’ve worked directly with clients in tech-support roles to ensure they can best use our software.

The project team is now composed of ten people including developers with various skill sets, project management resources, and sales assistants.

Blackthorn Vision has helped me scale my business, which is undoubtedly a key factor in our success. They’ve created award-winning software that customers describe as ‘best in class.’

We carry out project management on our side, but their team has been quick to take up tools like Github, Microsoft Teams, Youtrack (similar to JIRA), and Trello.

They could improve their account management for larger projects and/or provide floating resources for project management. Other than that, I have no complaints

Software Dev for Gaming Software Company

"They’re interested in the long-term relationship with us, as opposed to short-term gain."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Blackthorn Vision LLC provides a gaming company with developers who specialized in Microsoft software to help them build out their programs.

Netherlands
CEO, Gaming Software Company

Although Blackthorn Vision LLC has struggled to maintain as quick a turnaround as the company’s in-house developers, they respond well to critiques and quickly troubleshoot to ensure positive outcome.

I’m the CEO of a company that creates hardware and software for the card game Bridge. Our technology allows players to collect and track scores, register for tournaments, publish standings, etc.

What challenge were you trying to address with WebpageFX?

We needed to outsource some of our software development due to the volume of work and limited amount of time we had to complete our projects.

Our in-house developers create specifications for a software they need built, and we send those specifications to Blackthorn developers, who will create the software using Microsoft Visual Basic .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, Windows Presentation Foundation, and other Microsoft programs.

We work with two to three developers at a time. Although they are outsourced, they act as part of our team. We communicate through Skype, TeamViewer, email, and issue tracking systems, and that works very well.

How did you come to work with Blackthorn?

We advertised one of our projects on UpWork, specifically requesting a development house, as opposed to a single developer. After reviewing our options, we decided to go with Blackthorn because they specialize in Microsoft software development, and we work primarily with Microsoft programs.

We’ve invested $75,000.

We began working with them 2015, and we continue to work with one of their developers full-time and another part-time. I can see our company still working with them five years down the line.

The projects are ongoing, so I can’t provide any information on the impact they’ve had on our work.

How did Blackthorn perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very cooperative. If we ask that something be changed, they have no problems making those changes. If one of their team members drop out of a project or we’re not happy with the work of one of their developers, they’re very quick to replace them. They also don’t charge for work that doesn’t meet our expectations.

They’re interested in the long-term relationship with us, as opposed to short-term gain. That’s paramount for us because the software that we developed is an ongoing project.

We don’t expect the same level of productivity that we have with our in-house developers because they have much more knowledge of Bridge, but Blackthorn could be a bit more productive. They take up to 20 hours to do what our developers can do in ten.

We’ve also worked with a couple of people from Blackthorn that were unsuitable for the job we required. When you outsource a job, it would be ideal if the company had the best people ready to work with you without trial and error.

We recently visited their offices for a couple of days, and it was very helpful to see where and how they work. It improved how we communicate with each other. I would suggest potential customers visit their office. It’s very professional, and that’s not something you get to see through their website.

They occasionally move slower than our in-house developers do.

Custom Cloud-Based Solution Dev For e-Commerce Company

"Blackthorn did what I was expecting them to do; they’re great implementers."

Summer 2014 - Spring 2017

Blackthorn Vision developed a cloud-based inventory management solution that integrates into e-commerce solutions through an API.

Orange County, California Area
Reza Ghamsari
CEO, Orderica.com

Blackthorn was professional and always solved any problems at hand to ensure that the project kept moving forward.

I’m the founder and CEO of Orderica.com. We primarily provide e-commerce solutions. We also have jewelry management solution software, which is a POS and inventory management solution combined.

What challenge were you trying to address with Blackthorn?

I engaged Blackthorn about three years ago to implement an inventory management solution. I wanted to use WPF [Windows Presentation Framework], and a big portion of their developers specialize in this.

Blackthorn provided me with good support and good developers. The application is a very extensive inventory management solution that provides customer, vendor, and item management. It can integrate with my e-commerce solution using specific integration APIs. The technologies used were primarily .NET and WPF. The language was C#, which is the primary language for .NET. WFC [Windows Communication Framework] was used to some extent for the interfaces; then we changed that to Web API, which is being used now for integration with the e-commerce. It’s a cloud-based solution.

How did you come to work with Blackthorn Vision?

I found Blackthorn on Upwork, where they responded to my job post. I interviewed a few companies, and I ended up going with Blackthorn. I asked them to do a couple of tests for me, and I liked what they produced. Their quality was better than other companies I tested. The price was a little higher, but I chose them because of their quality.

How much have you invested with Blackthorn?

I’ve invested $70,000–80,000 over the last three years.

I began working with Blackthorn in the summer of 2014. I concluded my collaboration with them recently. I’ve reached a level where I don’t need new development, and I have less expensive resources in India.

I had a very good experience with Blackthorn. They’re professional, and they do what they promise to do. We only recently started advertising the product, so I don’t have many metrics. I’ve gotten good feedback so far. Blackthorn did what I was expecting them to do; they’re great implementers. The best advice I can give someone who wants to use Blackthorn is to make sure you know what you are looking for. We changed direction a couple of times, which caused the project to take longer than anticipated.

How did Blackthorn perform from a project management standpoint?

I was the project manager. When we made changes in the direction, Blackthorn followed what we requested.

What did you find most impressive about Blackthorn Vision?

I appreciate their loyalty. Blackthorn was always trying to resolve my problems. I know they could have gone to other clients with higher budgets, but they went along with us and the numbers we could afford.

Are there any areas Blackthorn could improve?

I didn’t have any negative interactions.

Overall Score If I have another major development project, I will go back to Blackthorn Vision.
    Blackthorn Vision didn’t delay anything. They gave us estimates, and they were usually on time and sometimes faster than I anticipated.
    Blackthorn cooperated a lot with us. We had financial limitations at times, and they worked with us.