Better apps, together

Gold

Technology is shaping the world. With that idea in mind is that we work every day to help improve peoples' lives.

At Bixlabs we create digital products for web, iOS, and Android.

With offices in Houston and Montevideo, we communicate with our partners using a mature Agile approach. Our main focuses are in:

• People: we've developed a system that allows us to work with great talent from Latin America and Europe.
  • Relationships: we aim to build long-term relationships with our clients because we care about their products. In fact, we still work with our very first client!

We enjoy working on projects that make us proud and that inspire us to go the extra mile.

Let's make better apps, together.

Key Clients:

Montevideo, MO 11300
    Uruguay
  • 1301 Fannin Street Suite 2440
    Houston, TX 77002

REMAX, ThetaLake, CBRE, RE/MAX, Arbit, Workast, StoryFire, Gearstream, L3, Hey!Mozo, MenuD
Sports on Time Image

Sports on Time

Follow the real-time scores of your favorite teams. Get results, live games, teams, and positions for the NBA.

Sports on Time is a watchOS app that shows all main USA sports scores in real-time. If you follow Basketball, Football, Baseball or Hokey, then with this app you'll be up to date with all the relevant information on your favorite team.

Virgo Talent Image

Virgo Talent

Virgo Talent is an actor recruiting platform. They connect thousands of actors to hundreds of projects each year.

They came to us looking to improve the speed of the platform and to fix some usability issues. Also, the Virgo Talent team was looking to improve the experience of the app.

We conducted a Discovery to find out what was the best way to act in this regard. With that process, we understood the business,

defined the main functionalities, and created the UX/UI.

After a deep study of the technologies that were best for the project, we defined to create a new platform from scratch.

Currently, this project is under development.

Staff Augmentation for Theta Lake Image

Staff Augmentation for Theta Lake

Theta Lake is an enterprise tool that uses AI and Deep Learning to detect compliance risks in video collaboration, call recordings, and other rich media content.

The startup raised 5 MM in seed funding.

“Bixlabs developed our product from scratch and it’s tremendous. The developers are excellent, providing skilled development services who have worked on a high-quality product that is able to demo to

users.”

Rick Sutton, CTO.

Technologies & Tools: Go, Ruby, and Angular.js

Read more: https://bixlabs.com/theta-lake

Mobile App Development for Date My Friend

Who knows you better than your friends? Date my friend is a native mobile app that allows users to choose potential dates for their friends and themselves.

We have released the first version along with a landing website. We are currently working with the client on enhancing and improving the app as it gains traction.

“I found every person from Bixlabs to be very reliable and knowledgeable in their respective fields.

Strength included the ability to strategically guide startups and communicate with non-technical clients.”

Trish Gilbert, Founder.

Technologies & Tools: Swift, Kotlin, AWS SN, Cloudinary, Strongloop, Loopback, Firebase, PostgreSQL

Read more: https://bixlabs.com/date-my-friend/

Software Development for Preeme + You Image

Software Development for Preeme + You

Preeme+You is a tool that facilitates the communication between parents of premature babies and medical teams. It improves parental care, long-term health, and quality of life outcomes for premature infants and their families.

The web app we developed has won several medical awards, and we're currently building the mobile version.

“Bixlabs really met us on equal footing. Thanks to their precise construction, the

initial solution attracted enthusiastic responses from medical staff and parents alike. The teams’ completing designs, attractiveness, and top-notch workflow organization continues to boost productivity.”

Yaya Ren, Co-founder.

Technologies & Tools: Node, React Native

Read more: https://bixlabs.com/preeme/

MenuD Image

MenuD

MenuD is a mobile app that helps users to stick to their diets. The app encourages users to follow influencers and food experts, who can help them find the food of their choice for their weekly menus.

We created the MVP in three months and, thanks to that, the entrepreneurs of MenuD were able to find investors.

As an extra, we built an admin section (in Angular.js) to manage the restaurants and menus. Finally, we

also integrated the server with US restaurant providers in order to amplify the content of the app.

Technology: Swift, Node.js, Loopback, PostgreSQL, React Native

Read more: https://bixlabs.com/menu-d

Workast Image

Workast

Workast is a task manager integrated with Slack that uses commands to set due dates, create tasks and assign them to team members, all without leaving the conversation.

Thanks to the prototype we created, Workast raised 2 MM in funding.

Currently, over 60.000 teams have installed the Workast bot on Slack.

Technologies & Tools: HTML, CSS, Node.js, Angular.js, Express, Mongoose, Redis,

Socket.io

Read more: https://bixlabs.com/workast

Remax Image

Remax

Remax is an international real estate organization. They hired us to build an app that had two main purposes:

•  to organize daily work
  •  to keep track of the activity of each branch and agent.

And that would be done with the creation of reports, among other related functionalities.

We built it from scratch, both design and development. As a result, the app can track monthly and annual money

flow, with a consistent visual and clear design, including the way the reports were presented; those reports could also be sorted and filtered.

Technology: JavaScript, HTML, CSS (annual report, cash flow report, operation costs).

Read more: https://bixlabs.com/re-max

Reachify Image

Reachify

This app helps ease companies’ communication both internally and with their customers, by integrating all communication channels into a single collaborative workspace. This includes text messages, emails, live and group chats, all within the existing companies’ phone number.

It was thought by doctors for the medical industry.

Technology: NATS, AW SQS, Serverless, Elasticsearch, VolP, GraphQL, Relay,

React Native, Node, React.

Visit the project website: https://reachify.io/

Soy Española Image

Soy Española

Soy Española is a human resources app and administration portal for a large medical provider. The client needed to speed up the processes of requesting days off, salary advances, and other common HR familiarities. The app is also used for internal communication.

It’s formed out of three components: the back-end, front-end (iOS, and Android applications), and the back-office, so that the HR department can use

it.

Technology: Hybrid with Ionic, GraphQL, Node, Angular.

Read more: https://bixlabs.com/soy-espanola/

Minthealth Image

Minthealth

MintHealth allows medical providers to incentivize a healthy life and allows patients to have control over their medical records using blockchain technology.

We were hired to develop the front-end and to merge the front-end screens with he Minthealth back-end. From a UX-UI point of view, hours of work were invested; and from the development side, many challenges arise as we had to create different packages in Meteor and

create every requirement from scratch.

Technology: Blockchain, React, Ethereum, Meteor, Blaze.

Visit Minthealth website: https://www.minthealth.io/

Queblo Image

Queblo

A marketplace that connects local workers with contractors. The main objective is to create fast links between jobs and local workers.

The Challange: The idea was to have an application to connect businesses with local workers to create fast links between them. The concept was continuously evolving at a fast pace, and we had to adapt quickly to changing needs.

Our work: With an

efficient and intuitive design, we structured and simplified the communication between companies with job postings and the local workforce. we created a responsive web platform/marketplace with Angular, Node, Twilio and SMS integration.

We worked side by side with the client to satisfy everyone’s needs: client, users, and investors. We integrated seamlessly to the existent team and became an extension of it.

Technology: Angular, Node, Twilio, and SMS integration.

Visit Queblo website: https://www.queblo.com/

ComposedPro Image

ComposedPro

This website offers contribution recommendations for each of the user’s employer-sponsored retirement accounts, IRAs, and taxable accounts.

It’s the first robo-advisor to provide contribution recommendations, and automated investing, tax-loss harvesting, and financial planning.

We developed a user-facing web application that provides the user with multiple UI widgets that can be used to see the progress of their

investments.

Technology: C# .Net Core, SQL Server, Amazon RDS, Amazon EC2, Angular

StrongBox Image

StrongBox

Strongbox is a healthcare provider that focusses on patience’s finance and revenue cycle management.  We worked on the ap

This project is an app that processes payments for health institutions

Technology: SQLServer, Amazon RDS, Amazon EC2, .Net, JQuery, Webforms

Staff Augmentation for Voice & Messaging Platform

"They are very talented and skilled developers that had friendly and fun personalities."

$10,000,000+

June 2019 - Ongoing

Bixlabs augmented the staff of a voice and messaging platform. The team provided development services, working on the client's web-based platform.

San Diego, California
CEO, Reachify

The engagement has helped the team increase the speed at which they release new products. Bixlabs establishes a smooth workflow through clear and transparent communication. The team is hard-working and talented.

Reachify’s voice and messaging platform enables businesses to automate, collaborate, and deliver better customer experiences. I am the CEO or Reachify.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bixlabs?

We brought Bixlabs on to help us augment our development team. We needed savvy developers that understood our modern tech stack, and of all agency's interviewed their developers performed the best.

Help us increase our development velocity while maintaining code quality and consistent development patterns.

We went through a 2 phase interview process that included verbal technical questions and screen-share technical exercises.

Being a staff augmentation, the bixlabs team members that joined Reachify had to work on all aspects of our web platform. They immersed themselves and became acclimated very fast while working very professionally and seamlessly with our existing team.

We started with 2 specific individuals we interviewed at Bixlabs to join our team.

They have allowed us to expand our team and increase our velocity in a great way.

We handled all the project management in-house and our developers and the developers through Bixlabs worked together well, organized by Jira stories that we managed.

Very minor, but a few occurrences of delayed notice on upcoming time-off requests.

Mobile App Dev for Social Media Aggregator App

"[Bixlabs’ technical leader] was very communicative, responsive, and accessible."

Dec. 2019 – June 2020

Bixlabs worked from existing design and UX elements to develop an MVP of a social media aggregator app. The team used React Native to deliver an iOS and Android mobile app.

Sunny L.
Founder, Social Media Aggregator App

A transparent partner, Bixlabs walked the client through every step of the process. The team’s work received positive responses, and they were proactive in addressing and fixing any bugs that appeared. Additionally, they were a high-integrity partner who became an extension of the internal team.

I’m the founder of a social media aggregator app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bixlabs?

We were trying to develop an app, and at that point, I hadn’t been able to find a technical co-founder. I had created prototypes and had done a good amount of usability testing and research to validate my idea through lower-fidelity prototypes. I was ready to take it to the next level and build out an MVP.

When I reached out to them, Bixlabs scheduled an interview with me. We talked through the app that I was trying to build, the research that I did to validate the UX, and my budget. They then assigned me a developer.

The team worked from the design and UX components that I already had. During the implementation stage, we had to rethink the UX, so Bixlabs and I did that together and adjusted the design accordingly.

They assisted me to integrate the app with various social media APIs, do some crawling depending on restrictions, and display social media postings. We used React Native.

Rodrigo (Techincal Leader) was my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Bixlabs?

I found Bixlabs on Upwork after doing research and reading web reviews. They were incredibly transparent and forthcoming, which I appreciated. In my earlier conversations with them, they seemed very buttoned up and professional.

Additionally, I really liked their website. They had case studies, client stories, and lots of documentation to vouch for their work.

I spent about $24,000. When I pitched it to them, I naively said that I wanted to keep it within $8,000, which I now know was unrealistic.

I began working with them in December 2019. The Android app went live, and we just need to fix one more bug for the iOS app. The project was essentially completed in June 2020.

Rodrigo would go through every single ticket, story point, and estimation with me and talk through how that amounted to the hours that led to the invoice. The process was very transparent. At this point, we don’t have user feedback, but anecdotally, I’ve received positive responses. There are still some bugs that we need to fix, but Bixlabs has been on top of that.

How did Bixlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

Rodrigo was very communicative, responsive, and accessible. It felt like he was a teammate rather than a contractor who was prescriptively being told what to do. We communicated via Slack and had regular stand-ups.

They hire people with integrity.

Nothing comes to mind right away. If anything, they could tell people with unrealistic expectations that building an app requires a lot of engineering. Overall, there was nothing that they could’ve done differently.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Talent Agency

"Their punctuality and professionalism were amazing."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Bixlabs rebuilt the website of a talent agency. They also developed the client's mobile app. They worked to understand the client's business and stakeholders before focusing on user-friendliness in development.

Owner, Talent Agency

While the platforms are yet to be launched, Bixlabs has delivered stellar mockups that look very promising. They were a breeze to work with, so the engagement's been seamless so far. Their punctuality and professionalism distinguish them, and the client also appreciates their great talent.

I am the owner of virgotalent.com - It's an online database of extras for TV commercials and music videos.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bixlabs?

Completely rebuild my website, database, casting apps.

To design and build a modern, fast, and fluid website/app for my employees, casting clients, and the actors/extras that utilize my companies services.

I found them on Upwork. They had great reviews and were very responsive.

I've had around 20+ meetings with Bixlabs over the past 6 weeks. They've learned every aspect of my business. They've taken all of my companies stakeholders into consideration in designing our new database.

I never have to worry about miscommunication, wasted time/resources. The first mockup was spot on. We only had to make minor changes on a few pages. I can honestly say that to date, this has been my best experience with developers.

Damian (Project Manager), Santiago (Designer), Julian(Programmer), and Ana(Sales and Service) have all been a pleasure to work with. They seem to have a company culture of friendly, professional, commutative staff.

We haven't launched yet, but the mockups look amazing. I'm very grateful to be working with such a talented team.

Seemless

Their punctuality and professionalism were amazing.

Nope!

Overall Score 6 Stars
    Our bi-weekly meetings have always started on time. No one has ever been late.
    Paid $$ for a $$$$$ service.
    They have a focus on details that I've never experienced. They learned every aspect of my business for the best possible outcome.
    They're the best.

Design & Development for Board Talent Marketplace

"It's been a very easy relationship overall."

Bixlabs provides development services for a talent onboarding platform. The product collects and analyzes data and implements algorithms that match candidates with opportunities.

Founder, Women Board Talent Marketplace

Bixlabs delivers a large volume of high-quality work while meeting deadlines. Their team is flexible, understanding, and organized in their approach to project management. Through implementing effective processes, they've been able to foster a seamless partnership.

I'm the founder and CEO of an online talent platform that connects women to global board opportunities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bixlabs?

We reached out to Bixlabs for web development services relating to our platform.

Bixlabs supports two development elements for our platform. They're building tools to support the onboarding of new users, collecting data that helps us understand both our candidates and companies searching for talent. They also work on our search algorithm, helping us connect candidates on our platform with relevant opportunities.

We work with an engineer and project manager.

How did you come to work with Bixlabs?

They were recommended to me personally, and I felt like they were a good match based on initial conversations with them.

We've been working with them since January 2019 and the relationship is ongoing.

Their turnaround time and velocity are quite good, and the processes they've established with us have been relatively seamless. They've been great to work with across the board; they're flexible and understanding of working with a business without any direct product content.

How did Bixlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

In addition to their flexibility, they also have an effective process. They're organized when it comes to managing projects on Jira, allowing for a lot of visibility of what they're working on. They also hold weekly meetings with our team to demo the completed code and next steps.

It's been a very easy relationship overall.

Nothing specifically stands out.

Mobile App Design for Real Estate Company

“They ask a lot of great questions and offer insight I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise.”

May 2019 - July 2019

Bixlabs designed an iOS app, prioritizing the accessibility of data and easy communication. The team conducted a thorough discovery phase, offering their own ideas and feedback intermittently.

Houston, Texas
Broker, Real Estate Company

The team delivered their app designs, preparing the project to enter its development phase. They were attentive, organized, and inquisitive. Those core qualities them to properly understand the project’s needs and come up with solutions that appropriately met them.

I’m a broker at a large real estate firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bixlabs?

We needed help developing an app that will help process our execution tasks.

Bixlabs helped us define the problem, evaluate the need, and formulate a solution. We worked together, so the design would allow for streamlined communication as well as an accessible data presentation for our staff and clients. Once completed, the iOS app will make it possible to define, analyze, and evaluate transactions.

We worked with Damien (Product Manager, Bixlabs), Santiago (UX Designer, Bixlabs), and Matías (Tech Lead, Bixlabs).

How did you come to work with Bixlabs?

I searched for developers online and reached out to a few different providers. After hearing what each of them had to offer, I decided to go with Bixlabs. They were only able to offer the design phase, without committing to the actual development of the app. I thought that was a good option, so I could get myself to a solid starting point before taking the next steps with the app.

We’ve spent between $9,000–$10,000.

The project lasted from May–July 2019.

We don’t have any measurable data yet, because the app has yet to launch. During the project, while I had most of the ideas myself, Bixlabs came up with some valuable suggestions that were helpful in determining the app’s direction.

How did Bixlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

The team was really organized and prepared. I thought they brought good ideas to the table over the phone and through email.

I’m overall very happy and impressed with their work. They ask a lot of great questions and offer insight I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise.

I can’t think of anything right now.

I would recommend them to anyone in the same position that I was in—they’ll help you get to your next step.

Mobile App Dev for Restaurant Platform

"They took a hands-on approach to the project, which made me confident in their insights."

Jun. 2017 - May 2018

Bixlabs developed an MVP for an Android and iOS app to support restaurant food ordering and pickup. Services included consulting on the optimal technologies to use.

Diego Praderi
Director, Restaurant App

The application has successfully supported business growth. An adaptable team, Bixlabs excelled at solving problems quickly and efficiently. Stakeholders could rely on the team to adhere to project deadlines.

When I started working with Bixlabs, I was a partner at a startup in the restaurant space.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bixlabs?

We were looking to develop a mobile ordering and takeaway app MVP. The app would send food pickup notifications and allow customers to order and then pay for their bill. It would also allow customers to divide the bill among friends.

They developed an app for Android and iOS. They also consulted with us about which type of app would be best for our business.

They offered an interdisciplinary team rather than just a project manager.

How did you come to work with Bixlabs?

Initially, I was looking for a project manager and I found a very good freelancer who said he had stopped freelancing and was now working at Bixlabs. He connected me with them, and the solution they offered fit my business needs.

I’ve invested about $60,000–$70,000.

We began working together in June 2017 and finished the project in May 2018.

Our startup has grown using the solution that they developed for us. It was a positive experience, and they delivered what we expected within all deadlines.

How did Bixlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

We had in-office meetings in addition to using Slack, Jira, and email to communicate. If we had any setbacks, they took care of them immediately. They took a hands-on approach to the project, which made me confident in their insights.

They had a flexible working style and easily fixed all any problems that arose. They gave thoughtful advice about which technologies to use. I told them what we wanted to achieve and they figured out how to do it.

They could communicate the project scope more clearly. However, since our project ended, I know that they brought on a project manager to help with communication. They are taking the right steps.

MVP Web Dev for Food Supply Platform

"I appreciate that Bixlabs thinks proactively about my business."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Bixlabs developed an MVP to present a business. The team worked using an agile framework. Key technologies used were Jira, InVision, and Cloudinary.

London, UK
Domini Hogg
Founder, Tried and Supplied

The web-based application benefitted the business and drew in users. Bixlabs is full of responsive and communicative developers. They approached challenges proactively. Their skilled approach supplemented their professional management style. Customers can expect an insightful and engaged team.

I’m the director and founder of Tried and Supplied, a specialty food and drink supplier. We also list recommendations on the website.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bixlabs?

We hired Bixlabs to build our MVP to launch our business.

Bixlabs developed my MVP for a web-based application. We used Jira, Cloudinary, and InVision, and their team has their own staging environment.

We started the engagement working with a project manager and developer. Once we got further into the project, I worked closely with the developer. Other team members such as a designer and other developers were involved at various stages and filled different roles.

How did you come to work with Bixlabs?

I found Bixlabs through Upwork. We engaged with them because they work with the latest technologies and in an agile framework.

We spend about $40 per hour.

We started working with Bixlabs in May 2017. We still work together, but not as much since I hired an in-house developer.

We were able to launch the MVP and attract users. The project manager constantly thought of ways to improve the site, making helpful suggestions.

How did Bixlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication was effortless. We mainly use Slack. Bixlabs understood the urgency. I always receive quick responses from their team. There were a few occasions where they missed deadlines, but that was ultimately a result of not giving them enough time. Bugs appear randomly and need fixing, but that’s a challenge for a lot of development teams.

I appreciate that Bixlabs thinks proactively about my business. Their team has a gift of figuring out alternative suggestions for the project.

There are none that I can think of.

Mobile App Development for Healthcare Provider

“Their collaboration skills were great.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Bixlabs developed company-facing iOS and Android apps to streamline internal resource management. The platform automated employee transactions, processes, and requests. Now, they’re working on new features.

Viviana Medina
Communications, Sociedad Española

Bixlabs completed the project on time and within budget. The application was well received by employees. The team actively used feedback to continue to adjust the app until it appropriately met all internal needs.

I run the internal communications department of Sociedad Española. With over 7,000 employees, we are one of the largest healthcare providers in Uruguay.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bixlabs?

Initially, we handled human resource transactions, processes, and requests in person, but with our large staff, we decided to automate our internal resource management system.

Bixlabs developed mobile applications for iOS and Android devices to support our internal processes.

We worked with about seven developers, and a multidisciplinary team of programmers, project managers, and designers.

How did you come to work with Bixlabs?

We personally knew one of their employees. Once we decided to move forward with the mobile app, we reached out and asked for a meeting. We chose them based on their understanding of our idea and their cost.

We worked on the first version of the app from November 2017–June 2018. We’re currently working on new features for the platform.

It was a complex task, but Bixlabs understood our goals and successfully completed the project. They were receptive to our feedback and we’re very pleased with their work. The institution, as a whole, praises the app.

How did Bixlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated mainly via Slack, but there were additional meetings and phone calls.

Their collaboration skills were great. We had consistent meetings to discuss the project and Bixlabs willingly incorporated our feedback into the application.

App Development for Marketing and Digital Agency

“The client and their stakeholders have been very happy with the results of the project.”

Nov. 2017 - May 2018

Bixlabs provided mobile app developers to assist a marketing and digital agency in redesigning and functionally improving a native iOS app and a native Android app for an end client.

Sarasota, Florida
Danny Watts
Manager, atLarge Inc.

Since the project’s completion, the end client has reported positive reception from stakeholders. The apps’ response times have decreased from 12 seconds to under one second, while bug reports are nearly nonexistent. The team used a variety of tools to facilitate communication and task management.

I’m a manager at atLarge, Inc. We’re an interactive marketing and digital agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bixlabs?

We’ve done several projects with Bixlabs, but the most recent one was for an insurance company that provides towing coverage for boats. They had an existing application that was only half-completed, so this was an urgent project. The previous build included a custom PHP server, a native iOS app, and a native Android app.

When we started working with the platform, it was clear that a lot of the original codebase was subpar. It was difficult to maintain and had a number of bugs, while the design was poorly organized. We made updates to the PHP server largely internally, but Bixlabs managed the process of redesigning the applications and revamping the UX according to our specifications, as well as performing other maintenance tasks to optimize functionality. Their work then went through a QA process, and they oversaw the launch on the App Store and Google Play Store. They’ve also pushed through a number of important maintenance updates since the app’s release.

In terms of technologies, Bixlabs used Objective-C for the iOS app, as well as Java and Android Studio for the Android app. They also integrated a REST API from a company called AerisWeather, which allows the apps to pull real-time weather and tide updates. They also added interactive maps using Google Maps and Apple Maps as applicable.

We worked with one iOS developers and two Android developers during this project.

How did you come to work with Bixlabs?

I had worked with the company personally in the past. They created an MVP and brought it to market successfully, so I was confident in their ability to take on this project. I knew they were skilled in native app development. I originally found them online.

We started working together in November 2017, and the project concluded in May 2018. We plan to work with them again in the future.

We collectively brought response times down from about 12 seconds to under a second, which was a huge UX problem before we addressed it. The apps are extremely stable, and crash reports have gone down to nearly zero. The client and their stakeholders have been very happy with the results of the project.

Also, one of the initial drivers of the client’s redesign was a plan to more deliberately market the specific towing insurance package, and they wanted to make sure the apps could handle spikes in traffic. They’re moving forward with these marketing efforts now.

How did Bixlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

Their approach to project management is one of the major reasons we choose to work with them. We added them to our company Slack due to a number of designer/developer resources we utilize on the platform. Their team collaborated very effectively with ours. We used ActiveColab to track progress and manage their weekly sprints. We also met every Monday to go over priorities for the next week.

They were very understanding and willing to work around my schedule, sometimes with short notice or minimal information, which we very much appreciated. When I wasn’t available, they kept pace and worked independently to keep things on schedule.

Both applications were successfully delivered with almost no bug reports. It was a painless QA process, which is extremely rare in the industry.

Any challenges we faced were minor and fairly standard for projects of this nature. Compared to other vendors, they handled these challenges very well.

They met all of our deadlines.
    We’ve worked with a wide variety of companies, and Bixlabs always proves their value.
    They offered consistency, and we had minimal issues during our acceptance testing.

Frontend Dev for AI-Based Video Compliance Startup

“They developed our product from scratch and it is tremendous.”

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Bixlabs provides frontend developers to augment the team of a video compliance startup. Working alongside the backend team, they develop a cloud-based platform using Angular and TypeScript.

CTO, Theta Lake

The developers are excellent, providing skilled development services who have worked on a high-quality product that is able to demo to users. Working within the existing team, they fit in well and communicate effectively using Slack, email, and Jira.

I am the CTO of a video compliance startup. We’re in the RegTech industry, developing a platform that helps regulated industries—such as financial services and healthcare—to deploy video in their environments and oversee that video for compliance violations and other regulatory issues.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bixlabs?

We’re a group of accomplished backend developers and were specifically looking for resources to augment our frontend team.

We have a cloud-based platform. The web is our interface into that entire product and we wanted an Angular-based JavaScript frontend, backed by an API running in the cloud. All our services extract intelligence out of video . We chose Bixlabs to help build the frontend for that product for our company.

The development is all Angular and TypeScript, and associated technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

They assigned two engineers for the project.

How did you come to work with Bixlabs?

In my previous startup, we had worked with a team in South America where you can find people who are very skilled and speak English at a fraction of the cost of a Bay Area developer. In the Bay Area, developers are expensive and the loyalty level is extremely low. Developers are encouraged to jump jobs very quickly, but if you are a startup it can be a real risk to get people invested and trained and then they leave, leaving you with a big hole.

For this project, I reached out to the team I had worked with before, but they were going in a different direction and didn’t have the core skills I needed for this project. I looked for other groups, and based on interviews with the CTOs, I chose Bixlabs.

We have been working together since September of 2017 and it is an ongoing collaboration.

They developed our product from scratch and it is tremendous. We’re able to demo to customers. They have delivered perfectly and continue to do so.

How did Bixlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Slack, email, and Jira. We effectively do the project management because it is staff augmentation. They’re two developers who work on our team in our development cycles, in our agile methodology. They’re very skilled engineers who know what they are doing.

They have a pretty deep pool of people who know Angular. Over the holidays, we had engineers taking a vacation and Bixlabs was able to very quickly find people who could contribute meaningfully in the absence of the main developers who were assigned. They’re very good at what they do and they have a lot of expertise, especially around Angular.

I have absolutely no criticisms of their work so far.

You need to know what it is you want to build and be very clear about what you want.

They cost about half of someone in the Bay Area for similar experience and skill level.
    They do a great job.