Bionic Egg. We design remarkable brands.

At Bionic Egg, we don’t just develop websites.  We design remarkable brands.

Whether you are running a boutique business, launching a startup, or managing a well-established company.  We work with each of our clients with full transparency to create a seamless online user experience – tapping into the deep knowledge we’ve learned from our 16 years in the web design industry.  Our team stays on the cutting edge of current industry practices; each of our websites are developed to be responsive for both desktop and mobile devices and impactfully address every touchpoint in the customer journey.

Through great branding and creative web design, we aim to resonate so keenly with your target demographic that we convert your visitors into your customers. We look forward to partnering with you!

Freelancer

Susan Bender New York

Empire State of Wine

Equity Advisors Real Estate

Blesso Properties

Blesso Properties  requested a site to step up her branding into a cohesive website design & development, we were able to design a site that raised the Blosso Properties to another level of style & sophistication, to match thier stunning design and execution.

Susan Bender

Susan Bender  requested a site to step up her branding into a cohesive website design & development. Along with our Bionic Egg team member Marc Tousignant’s work (photographer), we were able to design a site that raised the Susan Bender Collection to another level of style & sophistication, to match her stunning clothing design and execution.

Sarbani New York

Bionic Egg was approached by House of Sarbani to work on her eCommerce website, and also guided her to work with us on creating a new name and branding. Together we created Sarbani New York.

Dr. Emily McPherson requested a Branding Package + Prine Elements for Packaging, as well as cohesive website design & development.  Bionic Egg was able to create a full service Identity offline (including print design for packaging) + a fully responsive website online.

Logo & Brand Color for Security Firm

“He took the time to work with us, making adjustments until we were happy with the designs.”

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Bionic Egg provided a comprehensive branding package, which involved creating print materials, designing print ads, and revamping the website’s colors and logo.

Director of Sales & Marketing, Security Firm

Internal stakeholders universally praised Bionic Egg’s designs. Throughout the collaboration, the team remained open to feedback, honing the designs to suit the project needs. Their humor and customer-centric approach helped ensure a smooth process.

I’m the director of sales and marketing for a security firm called GAFFCO BALLISTICS.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bionic Egg?

We contacted Bionic Egg for branding identity work, which involved updating our logo and refreshing our website.

In the beginning, Mark (Found and Director, Bionic Egg) quickly proposed various options and design ideas for a full branding solution. This included all print collateral, website color updates, print ad designs, and a new logo. Once we decided on our direction, he worked closely with us to modify the colors and fonts until we were satisfied. He currently continues to provide his services as needed.

I exclusively worked with Mark.

How did you come to work with Bionic Egg?

I found them online and reached out to them.

Their work began in August 2016 and is ongoing.

When we needed someone to update our logo and refresh our website, Mark was our lifesaver. He took the time to work with us, making adjustments until we were happy with the designs. Internally, everyone liked the logo and the brand colors.

How did Bionic Egg perform from a project management standpoint?

I appreciate how flexible Mark was with our schedule. Since we have a busy office, the project didn’t always get our immediate attention. However, he remained patient with us throughout the entire process.

I found Mark’s good humor to be refreshing.

No, nothing comes to mind. We were very happy.

Web Dev and Design for Multi-Practice Law Firm

“[Bionic] was always easy to reach and very patient with us, despite delays and extra draft requests on our end.”

Apr. - Aug. 2014

Bionic Egg designed and developed a website that accurately redirects patrons to web destinations that correlate with two separate offices. They continue to help with updates and questions.

Paralegal, LaRocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Blaha

Bionic fulfilled goals of modernizing web presence while offering notably patient collaboration practices.

I am the paralegal at a law firm that mainly handles commercial litigation and real estate action.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bionic Egg?

We wanted to take our previous simple, less attractive website and update it. Our goal with Bionic Egg was to modernize the site and make it edgier.

Bionic Egg executed all of our design and development work, including creating a news section; the only thing they didn’t do was fill the site with detailed content, like attorney biographies. We have two offices which practice completely different areas of law; Bionic Egg built two unique sites for each office and made sure that the original landing page properly directs clients to the appropriate webpages.

I communicated directly with Mark Johnson (Founder and Director, Bionic Egg) who I know had others working with him.

I found them via yelp.

The entire project was completed April—August 2014. After completion, Mark provided us with the permissions and instructions necessary for updating the news section and tweaking content. Mark continues to help us—as needed—with creating new biography pages and answering questions.

I don’t know have any evidence to provide but overall can report that the firm is pretty happy with the work.

How did Bionic Egg perform from a project management standpoint?

Mark was absolutely great. He was always easy to reach and very patient with us, despite delays and extra draft requests on our end. He and I communicated via phone and email.

Anything we needed, Mark addressed. Any concerns we had, he addressed.

I don’t think—at the time we worked together—that I had any complaints or issues with them at all.

We didn’t really have an idea of what we wanted, which made it a little difficult to get the ball rolling. I would recommend having an idea of what you want so that you can get started faster.

They met their deadlines; we didn’t meet ours.
    I thought they were very reasonable.

Ecommerce Website for Indian Jewelry

“[Bionic Egg] takes projects seriously and does a good job in a timely manner.”

Apr. 2017 - May 2017

Bionic Egg developed a WordPress e-commerce website and an accompanying operation manual. They also assisted with a branding initiative.

Smithtown, New York
Sarbani Bedi
Owner, Sarbani New York

Bionic egg’s efficient process and accurate delivery allowed for project completion one month ahead of schedule. Their project management is practical, straightforward, and accommodating to needs. The website has received positive reviews, thus confirming the project as a rewarding investment.

I’m an entrepreneur running a multi-designer website. I work with well-known jewelry designers from India, Southeast Asia, and Europe.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bionic Egg?

I decided to launch a website to introduce the designers I work with to the market since they aren’t well-known in the U.S.

Bionic Egg took care of the whole development process and gave me an operating manual for the website. They asked me for sample sites so they could use them to determine what I needed and then guided me in that direction. I was also given the option of building it on WordPress and other platforms, but I chose the former. They set up all the plugins on the site and explained to me why I needed them.

My brand name was different when I initially contacted them, and they suggested a new one. They helped me with my branding process.

Mark [Director, Bionic Egg] had a team of people working for him, but he was my only contact. I worked with a photographer from his team who took pictures of my jewelry items.

How did you come to work with Bionic Egg?

I interviewed multiple people and worked with another developer before Bionic Egg, but that person gave me nightmares. I had to fire him because he wasn’t delivering anything I wanted, and I didn’t feel confident in the other companies’ work. They were promising everything, but hadn’t made any e-commerce websites before.

I found Bionic Egg on Yelp and spoke to Mark [Director, Bionic Egg], who actually had experience in this area. I was confident that he would know what he was doing. I also saw him previous work, which looked pretty good.

The cost of the website, including plugins, was around $10,000. It was reasonable for an e-commerce site, considering that other people were asking for up to $30,000.

I first interviewed Mark in April 2017, and although we got back in touch in May or June, the site launch was delayed. I was still waiting for some of the products and new items. Bionic Egg set a two-month timeline, but they finished in less than a month.

I’ve gotten good reviews from people regarding the website’s look and jewelry. We’re still waiting to start SEO, and I believe that Bionic Egg will restructure the website to accommodate those changes. I’m waiting to see more results, but we don’t have many at the moment.

How did Bionic Egg perform from a project management standpoint?

Mark was asking me for different items he needed for the website within five minutes of my first payment to them. He took care of whatever I asked him to do, and actually gave his own inputs when something was lacking or when he identified a helpful change for the website. He takes projects seriously and does a good job in a timely manner.

We had phone conversations, but Mark prefered emails since he likes everything in writing.

Mark did whatever he could to save me money, including entering the listings on the website himself. He initially offered to enter 30–40, but ended up entering around 200. He is a very kind and helpful person. He knew what I was looking for, and how they would make the website.

I recently wanted to launch a new bridal collection. Mark and I talked about it, but he had a personal problem, so I started interviewing other people to build a page for me. None of them gave me confidence, and I was skeptical to work with a new person. I knew Mark was the person I wanted to work with. He’s practical, straightforward, and can save clients a lot of time and stress.

There is always room for improvement, but Mark has already suggested what the website needs in order to get the work done.

It’s so easy to work with Mark that I cannot give any specific advice other than to start a collaboration and leave things to him. I do have to let him know what exactly I’m looking for in order for him to come back with suggestions. Working with him is less complicated, and I cannot stop praising him.

Overall Score I’m sure I’m not their only satisfied client.
    I would rate them higher if I could.
    Bionic Egg is very good. They simply did whatever I asked for, and suggested any further improvements.
    This kind of process can be very stressful, but Mark can help alleviate it, so I would definitely recommend him.

Ecommerce Website for Apparel & Fashion Company

"Mark was everything I could've wanted from a developer."

June 2016 - Oct. 2016

Bionic Egg provided website development for an e-commerce site. Suggestions and examples were provided in addition to any requests to alter or add features. SEO is now a core focus of performance.

Greater New York City Area
Susan Bender
President, Susan Bender Designs

Bionic Egg went above expectations and streamlined the entire process. The team provided additional feedback and support, quickly updating the site as needed.

I own a fashion company, represented by a showroom in New York and an online retail store. I make garments out of leather, fur, and shearling.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bionic Egg?

I had a visual website, but needed e-commerce capabilities for clients to shop online. I had so much on my plate at the time, so I really needed someone to take care of the full digital rebrand.

I gave Mark Johnson, the director, a sense of what I wanted my site to look like and what I needed it to do. He also sent me ideas from other companies that he had worked on. When I didn't know what to use for certain details (e.g., website headers), he provided suggestions. He figured out how to get anything I wanted accomplished.

Mark is now also helping with SEO and monitoring the site's performance.

Mark has been my primary contact.

How did you come to work with Bionic Egg?

Originally, I started to show my collections online with the help of my photographer through a visually-driven platform. Then, my husband helped me create a basic site through a simple do-it-yourself platform.

Bionic Egg was the first time I worked with a professional web developer. Even though I looked into working with other vendors, I picked Bionic Egg based off of feedback and recommendations from others in my industry. Bionic Egg was not crazy expensive, and they could do it all. For what I needed and the budget I had, Mark was 100 percent the right guy.

We've spent up to $10,000.

We started working together around June, 2016, and the relationship is ongoing. The site was ready by September, but I had some tweaks that delayed the launch to around October, 2016.

Metrics of site performance have not yet been a focus, but they soon will be. Since my business was quickly evolving from selling privately to selling wholesale through a showroom to selling wholesale to an e-commerce site, I've just been trying to catch up. The website took a backseat during some of that change, but when I was ready to refocus on it, I reached out to Mark directly and he was on top of it.

The site is amazing! Mark has handled any issues I've brought up right away. He's made a lot of calls and emails on my behalf to make certain things happen so I don't have to.

How did Bionic Egg perform from a project management standpoint?

Mark has been fantastic. When I first started the site, he would come to my office and sit down with me to go over everything. Now, we connect best through email. There have been times that I've called him on the go, but I've learned it's best to shoot him an email for requests instead.

Mark was everything I could've wanted from a developer. Along the way, he's offered me additional suggestions like using MailChimp, trying new features, etc. He really cares about the success of our business.

No, I got exactly what I wanted and continue to be satisfied.

Mark responds to people who just want the most for their business. He's a nice guy, which is why our dynamic worked so well. We both just want the best for each other. He could deal with anyone, but he probably performs best for people who appreciate him.

Overall Score Mark was very responsive and responsible.
    They were very cost-effective.
    Mark delivered on or ahead of time and provided me with exactly what I wanted.