Small Company. Big Ideas.

A small company with BIG ideas. We are a group of creatives, designers, and developers that bring a unique and passionate approach to web development and print design. We like to put ourselves in the shoes of our clients to ensure quality, timeliness, and friendly support. We like to keep that smile on our clients’ faces. BIGPIE services include branding, identity, print media, web design & development, mobile apps, animation, motion graphics, treatment presentations,

online advertising and our superb web hosting. If you have an amazing new idea, we will make it spring to life.

Specialties

Branding | Identity, Web Design & Development, Print & Digital Media, Mobile Apps, Online Advertising & Superb Web Hosting

2008

Slim Pictures

Lab Films

Mission Studio VFX

TV Commercial Production Firm Website Design

"The design is unique, they have a good aesthetic sensibility. BIGPIE refines and reworks the design until the client is completely satisfied."

2008 - Ongoing

BIGPIE designed a website to reflect company aesthetics and communicate brand identity. They offered innovative design options for color schemes and navigation, and provided upgrades after the site launched.

Los Angeles Metro Area
CEO, TV Commercial Producer

BIGPIE had strong aesthetic sensibilities, which they applied passionately to their work. After six years, the site is still current; competitors still call to ask who designed it. Though BIGPIE was less responsive for upgrades than for the main site, they were attentive, creative, and devoted.

Please describe your company.

We produce TV commercials for Fortune 500 companies, such as McDonald's, Budweiser, BMW, and Mercedes.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the founder and president.

What was your goal for working with BIGPIE?

I wanted them to design a website that would reflect the company's aesthetic sensibilities, and represent the company and the work that we do. The website is an extension of the company, so it's very important that it be consistent. Whatever you feel from the website relates to the client, and the people who are visiting the site. That’s very important.

Please describe the scope of their work?

They were easy to collaborate with. We had a number of discussions about what I wanted and what we needed. They were primarily responsible for creating a look, color scheme, and navigation. I came to them for most of the design as well as the execution. We collaborated with them regarding the design, but they came up with different creative and design options.

What was your process for selecting BIGPIE?

I received some recommendations from people who I talked to. They came highly recommended from a company I was impressed with. I met them, and I liked their ideas and their creative approach. Mostly, it was a creative decision regarding the design.

It was in the range of $5,000 to $10,000.

When was the latest milestone completed?

It's constant work. We make changes and upgrade. As the company evolves, so does the website. Some of the content changes as it continues to reflect the company, but the general aesthetic generally stays the same. I’ve received many unsolicited compliments so I haven’t changed the aesthetic at all. Users tell me they like the site, that it's easy to navigate, and it's easy to see. They like the style and the design. This website was done about five or six years ago, but if you think it looks fresh and current, that's a significant endorsement because it wasn't done recently. It's simple, but the workings behind it are complex.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track the project's success?

I’ve had huge success with the website. I’ve had other production companies call me, tell me they like our website, and ask me who did the site. That’s how I know it's working. We don’t have the kind of mass-marketing business where we receive 50,000 hits. It's a specific market. If people want to contact us, they do. When they do, they tell us how nice the site is.

Is there anything unique about BIGPIE that really makes them stand out, compared to other companies?

The design is unique, and they have a good aesthetic sensibility. BIGPIE refines and reworks the design until the client is completely satisfied. Many companies can do the execution, but I don’t think you can get that kind of design. The mechanics of the site are important, but a lot of people can do that. The creative approach is important. They listen to you, and they try to identify and solve your issues. I appreciate that they understand. I like their process. They gave us several creative design elements, and they put together two or three selections based on those elements. Then, they refined it and added some elements and took away others. They continue to refine it, so you get exactly what you want. They’re easy to work with.

They’re good. For the most part, I have no complaints. They could return the occasional email a little bit faster. They’re busy with other projects and get involved in them. When they’re working on your project, they give you 100 percent, and they’re on it. If you want to change something a year later, it could take a little bit longer because they’re working on other projects. They always get back to me, and they always provide what I need. They’re always pleasant to work with. I’m having them do some more work for me on something else. If I didn’t like them, there are a million other companies to choose from. I think they have a good eye, and they’ve improved their customer service to where I'm satisfied. I started with them six years ago when they were a new company, and they’ve come a long way.

Overall Score I like working with them. I like the product I get. I like the options I get, and they focus on us and the project. They’re a strong company.
    They’re good about that.
    People ask me often who created my website and I refer them to BIGPIE. That’s a good sign, and that’s why I continue to work with them. They get high marks from me, especially in the creative and design sensibility.