Management Consulting Services

We help you to better understand your industry and markets, identify opportunities, create value, improve processes, reduce risk, and develop and execute a full business plan.

Our modular and eclectic team of professionals bring with them over 200 years of combined experience, and a rage of expertise in fields including: Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, Business Planning, Research (Industry and Market), Validation, Family Business and Family Business Planning, Financial Advisory Services, Digital Advertising, Strategy Development and Analysis, Marketing and Marketing Plan Development, Forecasting and Pro-Forma Crafting, etc.

2007
Richmond Hill, Canada
  • 615 Carrville Road
    Richmond Hill, ON L4C6E5

Shoppers Drug Mart, KHK Partners, KnowQuest Inc., Handlers, HandiHelp, Mega Select Staffing, Optimizer, Dodd's Greenhouses

Opportunity Spotting and Business Planning Image

Opportunity Spotting and Business Planning

Researched the Education Support Services industry, as well as the publishing and higher education industries to spot a meaningful, and later validated set of opportunities for KnowQuest.

Developed full business plan, marketing materials and strategy, increased share price 400%, grew team to 14 members, raised new funding, etc.

Pop-up Shops - a Comprehensive Resource Image

Pop-up Shops - a Comprehensive Resource

Developed a comprehensive pop-up shop planning and information resource for the Ted Rogers School of Management.

Monograph on Retail in China Image

Monograph on Retail in China

A research paper for the Ted Rogers School of Management on the changing landscape of retail in China.

CMC Talk - Business Planning Methodology in Consulting and Fraud Prevention Image

CMC Talk - Business Planning Methodology in Consulting and Fraud Prevention

A talk I gave (one of three) at the CMC (Certified Management Consulting) GTA Chapter's event. The Big Leaf uses the business planning methodology because it reduces the time needed to diagnose, plan, and execute.

The talk focuses on using the business plan as a methodology in consulting, to better diagnose problems, validate ideas and potential opportunities, spot opportunities, develop a competitive advantage, reduce

costs and complexity, and creat real value.

The topic then shifts to using the business planning methodology to also help prevent consumer fraud, by using it as a multi-layered, hierarchical filter by which claims and premises must pass through before being considered any further.

Consulting & Recruiting for Management Consultancy Firm

"Their team is personable and are good people to work with."

Feb. 2020 - Ongoing

The Big Leaf works on a consulting basis for a management consulting company. They help identify market opportunities and strategic people to partner or work with, along with providing recommendations.

Israel
Dror Shaham
President, Consulting Firm

The service, thus far, has satisfied the client and they've earned praise on their approach and level of engagement. The team at The Big Leaf is diligent and shows great expertise in their industry. The amicable, skilled group is a pleasure to work with.

I do management consulting, and I work with companies located in Israel. I look for companies that need some strategic help with different things. It can be things like help with marketing, help with finding clients, or help with anything that management will need.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Big Leaf?

The Big Leaf has a good presence in Canada, so we wanted to try and leverage their expertise. We wanted to screen companies to see if they are ready to go to another country or if there is an opportunity in Canada and other things like that.

They mainly do consulting services for us. We wanted to identify market opportunities and any regulatory issues that are different across countries. We also wanted to find strategic advisors like advisor board members to see if there are any key people they could bring, and try to find any kind of specific clients that can be a good start or even a partner.

I sent them information about the company to review and then got their comments. After that, we had a phone interview with their management consultants and got their input to see if there would be a good fit for them to find partners in Canada. I would leave it with them and see if they can find a company that would want to partner or key people that can help the organization in Canada.

I have worked with Rahi (President & Lead Strategy Consultant) and Agostino (Management & Strategy Consultant) so far.

How did you come to work with The Big Leaf?

I knew Agostino previously and he referred me to use them.

We started working with them at the beginning of this year in 2020, and the work is ongoing.

From every meeting that we've had, I get good comments from clients that engaged with them about their process and questions.

How did The Big Leaf perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is pretty good. There is good communication every time I need something. We communicate through emails and phone calls.

Their team is personable and are good people to work with. They have a specific niche already.

I can’t really say. I think maybe higher education, but that would be more emphasized on their niche and their capabilities.

I think it is a matter of communication. Keep in touch with them all the time and try to see what they can do.

Market Research Consulting for Fashion Startup

“Rahi’s knowledge and expertise allow us to learn and understand our business.”

The Big Leaf is handling market strategy consulting services for a fashion startup. Their team has helped narrow down a target audience by analyzing market and industry research as well as created a survey.

Thornhill, Canada
Sara Torki
Co-Owner, OTE Studios

The project has been moving along quickly and the survey has been an effective tool for addressing the target market. The Big Leaf's marketing knowledge and expertise have helped the partner understand their business. They're responsive, flexible, and answer questions in a quick turnaround.

I’m the co-owner of OTE Studios. We’re a fashion startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Big Leaf?

We needed consulting for our marketing strategy.

Rahi (President and CEO) sketched out some plans and encouraged us to determine our target audience by providing market and industry research websites. He helped us write our supply chain and figure out how to reach them as well as create a financial process and explain how it works for our business.

He worked with us to create a survey with the right questions in order to gather information. This helped us determine that we needed to make some changes in design to make our product desirable to our potential customers. The Big Leaf also performed A/B testing.

Rahi is our only point of contact.

How did you come to work with The Big Leaf?

I searched on LinkedIn and at our local college’s fashion department. I found Rahi there, reached out to him, and we met to discuss the project.

We began working together in January 2019, and our partnership is ongoing.

Because time is a key factor in business — especially in a competitive industry — one of the best things is how quickly this project has been moving along. Rahi’s knowledge and expertise allow us to learn and understand our business. It also allows us to work quickly to figure out marketing and piece our efforts together. The survey was also very helpful because of the effective questions Rahi helped us formulate.

How did The Big Leaf perform from a project management standpoint?

We initially communicated via email, but now it’s through phone calls, texting, and in-person meetings. They’re very responsive and answer within seconds when I ask a question.

They’re very flexible. Also, Rahi speaks Farsi, as I do, so it made communication very easy.

No, I don’t have anything right now.

For sure.

Market Research for IT Company

They’re providing valuable work for a great price.”

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

A GDPR compliance company has a partnership with The Big Leaf, where The Big Leaf provides research assistance. The Big Leaf's research focuses on how the GDPR firm can enter the North American marketplace.

Jiri Fiala
President, Biolock

The Big Leaf provided valuable research and insights into the North American marketplace, identifying markets like universities and helping with how to refocus overlaps between Canadian and EU laws. They're incredibly affordable and transparent, providing clear and accessible work.

I am the president of Biolock, an IT company assisting with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Big Leaf?

We wanted a beachhead to launch in North America, because North America doesn’t have much stringent privacy regulation. We needed something to be a proof of concept for the North American marketplace, which we used in Canada.

The Big Leaf is helping us with market-research, we’re helping them anonymize their platform with blockchain. It’s a symbiotic relationship.

The Big Leaf is helping us get clients and go into new markets. They’re providing research to allow us to gain a foothold. They helped us to realize that the university marketplace could be a potential target because a student wouldn’t want to leave a review of a professor without guarantees of anonymity. They helped us identify that and other markets in North America.

Rahi (CEO) is my primary point of contact. I also interact with some other members infrequently.

How did you come to work with The Big Leaf?

I’ve known Rahi for a number of years and didn’t know that this is what he was doing. We got coffee and talked about setting this up.

We’re probably at the $75,000 mark spent.

We have worked from March 2019 onwards.

It’s confusing in North America dealing with compliance. Rahi allowed us to understand Canadian privacy laws and figure out how to refocus on overlaps between the Canadian compliance laws and European GDPR. As a result of that, we’ve retooled ourselves for the Canadian marketplace.

How did The Big Leaf perform from a project management standpoint?

Rahi and I have regular conversations, exchanging data and using HubSpot. That’s my primary mode of tracking things with Rahi.

They’re incredibly affordable for what they’re doing. They’re providing valuable work for a great price.

No, I can’t think of any.

When you’re dealing with an organization like The Big Leaf you have to wade through a bunch of nonsense to get to what you want. Rahi gives you the information with no ambiguity, providing a quick and dirty summary. That’s a lot easier to work with then most other firms.

Business Advising for Accessible Products Company

"Throughout the engagement, they’ve been instrumental in finding new ways to draw business."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

An accessibility solutions provider hired The Big Leaf for business consulting services. They assisted with crafting a business plan and advised on other internal practices.

Toronto, Canada
Chris Stigas
Founder, HandiHelp Accessible Innovations

From the start, The Big Leaf built their client from the ground up. Their accommodating approach complemented their efficient, attentive workflow. The team's organized project management style was also noteworthy.

I’m the founder of HandiHelp Accessible Innovations. My company deals with people that have accessibility needs. There are a few products that I created, and I also offer to consult for people with accessibility needs, primarily through recommending and setting up smart products that benefit independence and quality of life.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Big Leaf?

I primarily needed help from a planning perspective. I had an accident five years ago that led me to spend time in rehab and the ICU for about a year. While I’ve had my business, I’ve been in a wheelchair for three years.

I needed someone to help me put a business plan, product evaluation, and value proposition together.

Rahi (Management Consultant) helped set everything up. He assisted with validating my apparent opportunity, creating a value proposition of analysis that went into the business plan, and researching a crowdfunding campaign that would work for my business. He also provided support and coaching while the campaign launched.

I only worked with Rahi.

How did you come to work with The Big Leaf?

I consider myself a bit old school, so I liked the fact that when I first contacted Rahi that he was available by phone. Whenever I had questions or needed to reach him, he was always available to speak to me and provide guidance. I appreciate that approach in this day & age when everyone seems to be only reachable behind a screen and keyboard.

In total, I believe I’ve spent roughly $4,000–$5,000.

Our engagement with The Big Leaf started in November 2018.

My business started from zero. Throughout the engagement, they’ve been instrumental in finding new ways to draw business.

How did The Big Leaf perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they’re extremely organized and detail-oriented. As I mentioned, Rahi is great with phone calls and following up to emails. While Rahi is very academic, he spoke to me in a language I could understand. He also created milestones and checkpoints to achieve our goals in increments, which we built upon as the engagement went on.

I appreciate Rahi’s approachability and confidence in his abilities. He makes himself available to his clients like they’re his only one. That one-on-one attention is significant during projects like this.

If I thought there was something he could improve upon, I wouldn’t continue working with him. Rahi is pretty comprehensive in his consulting approach.

In order for somebody to maximize their time with them, they should have an idea of what they want to do. Clients should have an idea of what numbers or targets they want to hit. Rahi can do a market evaluation that will determine if it’s worth it before spending the money.

A mistake I made was already spending money in different areas before reworking the business plan. The correct methodology would be doing the market validation first and then seeing if the ideas will fit what you’re looking for.