Full-Service Marketing Agency for B2B

The BayCreative team offers in-depth, collaborative support to develop and execute effective digital/web marketing, inbound marketing, lead generation, brand awareness-building, new product/service launch and sales/channel enablement strategies that can fuel your company's growth.

As a full-service B2B marketing agency, BayCreative delivers value to growing businesses by providing a "marketing department-in-a-box." Think of us as a single source that would serve as your virtual Marketing department (or an extension of your existing team.) Inside this box you find all the best practices we've learned from 17 years of providing marketing/creative/branding support for hundreds of clients .... and you'll get access to our talented writers, designers, technical web/mobile/email developers, videographers, branding experts, lead generators, SEO and Pay-Per-Click campaign specialists, illustrators and more!  We'd like to do the same for your company.

1997
San Francisco, CA
  • BayCreative
    400 Brannan Street #207
    San Francisco, CA 94107
    415.434.4344

Cisco, Salesforce, McKesson, Fujitsu, Motorola Mobility, Intel, Oracle, Stanford, Macworld, CBS Interactive, Flextronics, Google, Philips and hundreds of SMBs and start-ups

Full-Service Marketing for Professional Coach

"I’m extremely happy with their work."

May 2016 - Ongoing

BayCreative provides branding efforts that help us keep up with an expanding target market, including a website redesign, business cards, and Google Forms. They also support our social media marketing efforts.

Lafayette, California
Sheryl Kline
CEO, The Zone Lab

BayCreative’s efforts have helped to successfully break into new markets, expand global reach, and book numerous engagements. Although the team could provide more definitive deadlines, they work smoothly and their communication is top-notch.

My background is applied sports psychology and part of it is consultative, so I do one-on-one and group consulting. I work with teens, as well as women in leadership. The other part of my business is creating evergreen products online that run without me being personally involved.

What challenge were you trying to address with BayCreative?

I’m known in my niche as a coach for teens, but increasingly, I’m being asked to do work for women in leadership, so I had to tweak my branding. Historically, I’ve worked with world-class athletes, and I’m consistent in that I teach people how to have a world-class mindset. I was doing all of this work myself before.

BayCreative completely redesigned my website and redesigned my branding efforts across all platforms, which includes digital business cards, Google Forms, etc. They created the branding, and once I expanded my audience, they made sure it was consistent across everything — whether it was print, digital, or anything that we have out there that makes people think of us. Basically, I went from a consulting business to an LLC, moving a lot of our products online. They’re in the process of setting up funnels and campaigns for Facebook and lists for different products that we’re launching. They create the lists and promote and sell the products.

How did you come to work with BayCreative?

I had a friend of a friend who had worked with them before. I didn’t interview other companies.

We’ve spent between $20,000–$40,000.​​​​​​​

We started working with them a year ago, and the work is ongoing.

My main objective was to gain some traction doing the same thing, but for a different audience. I’ve successfully broken into that audience and booked numerous speaking engagements and gained various clients. Not only that, but it has also gone global which is something that I didn’t really expect. I’m extremely happy with their work. They’ve given a lot of input.

How did BayCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management has been good. Sometimes, it’s been challenging, but some of that has been my fault because I change my mind a lot. Overall, it has gone very smoothly. The communication has been top-notch.​

​​​​​​What did you find most impressive about BayCreative?

They’re a small boutique agency, so you get more of a family vibe. Their service is personal and it’s more like working with someone you know rather than putting a help ticket in and keeping your fingers crossed that it will get done.​​​​​​​

Are there any areas BayCreative could improve?

They could have more definitive deadlines.

Overall Score It has been a good experience.
    It’s been good, but not perfect.
    I think everything has been fair.
    They’re very attentive to detail.

Customer Journey Illustrations for Tech Company

"Wherever I go, they will be at the top of my mind for any work that I can outsource to them."

Apr. - Aug. 2016

BayCreative designed storyboard narrations to convey visual customer journeys for executives, providing engaging illustrations and copyediting services for accurate alignment.

Customer Experience Designer, Tech Company

The team’s high-quality marketing work attracted praise for both its content and design. BayCreative’s proactive workflow and seamless collaborative abilities encouraged effective business decisions throughout the relationship.

I work on a team of customer experience designers for a major tech company. We design and define end-to-end customer experience for hardware products.

What challenge were you trying to address with BayCreative?

We develop storyboards to convey the customer’s journey, and we share those with executives for alignment. Rather than looking at some spreadsheet, we get to tell them a beautiful story with illustrations and editorialized content. It’s really lovely work.

We would tell them about the kind of story we wanted to tell, and they would help us flesh it out by providing illustrations and doing the copyediting to make it more readable. We’ve worked with BayCreative on two projects. The process was very collaborative. We’re a group of designers, so we have a background in visual design and marketing. It was sort of like talking to people who understood your process already.

They worked in whatever way was comfortable for me. For some of the stories, I had a strong idea of what we were looking for and the illustration style. For others, I didn’t, and they would provide that feedback.

We use the stories to convince executives to take a specific journey. There is some sort of alignment. If we’re talking about a specific journey, we present it to them and ask if they agree or disagree and why they came to that conclusion. It’s a little bit of an exploratory Q&A sometimes. It just depends on the executive we’re presenting it to.

How did you come to work with BayCreative?

A co-worker of mine recommended them. We did consider other companies at the time. I had already built a working relationship with them through my co-worker, and I felt very comfortable with them. We did our due diligence and looked at other teams. They came in and pitched. The deciding factors were BayCreative’s merit, class, and always being able to answer any question we had.

The engagement began in April of 2016 and finished in August of that year.

For me, the metric is delivering the projects on time—often ahead of time. Beyond that, it’s just the quality of the product itself. Usually, we would get comments from the executive on not only the content but also the illustration. It’s a broad metric, and we don’t really have a number for it. It’s high-quality work. Wherever I go, they will be at the top of my mind for any work that I can outsource to them.

How did BayCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

They deliver super high-quality and are always early. Early is on time for them, and that’s one of their qualities I can really appreciate in a high-turnaround environment. Most often, we needed things yesterday. When I come to them, we’re already on a tight timeline.

We use a lot of video calling. It’s great to see their faces, and we can also just display the things we’re working on and talk back and forth from there. We had a weekly call set up, usually Monday mornings around 10:00 am. They could go anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on what we were working on.

What did you find most impressive about BayCreative?

It’s almost like working with your brother. After you get to know them, you feel like part of their family. You can go to them for anything and always have a discussion about it.

Are there any areas BayCreative could improve?

I can’t say I’d point out anything they could improve or do better. They’re always forward-thinking as part of their business, so you never feel like they’re behind on anything.

They’re on time or early. They’re the best.
    It’s high-value for the cost.
    It’s high-quality work that is always on time or earlier. That’s more than you could ask for, I think.
    Can I give a 10 for that one? I relied on them for so many things.

Customer Case Studies for CRM Provider

"I appreciate the whole package that BayCreative delivers."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

BayCreative provides case studies to show customer success in target markets. The team speaks directly with customers and then delivers first drafts within 1 week. They have delivered 4 case studies.

Atlanta Metro Area
Marketing Manager, CRM Provider

The case studies have been very well-received; the sales team is able to use the collateral in their sales process. BayCreative is responsive and responds quickly when changes are required. Moreover, the team is professional when speaking with clients. The team has provided competitive pricing.

We’re the nonprofit arm of a CRM provider. We serve two verticals, the nonprofit vertical and the higher education vertical. I manage marketing for the higher education vertical.

What challenge were you trying to address with BayCreative?

I have a small marketing team, and we had a capacity issue. I had been writing all of our customer stories and case studies, and we had reached our limit. We got a budget approved to outsource some of our customer case studies.

We source the case studies based on who we want to showcase; it’s a pretty straightforward process after that. I reach out to BayCreative, let them know we’d like to do another case study, and see what kind of schedule works for them. I make an introduction to the customer, and they do an interview that lasts 45 minutes to an hour. Within a week, they turn around a first draft of the case study for us to review. We go back and forth and iterate until we’re happy with it.

The case studies are two-page PDF’s, and I think they’re designed well. We want them to be straightforward and easy to read, so there’s not too much flair that distracts from the main message. BayCreative had already been working on the corporate side of Salesforce, so they were familiar with the guidelines and branding. I provide feedback and edits, but BayCreative does all the copywriting. So far, they’ve done four or five case studies for us.

How did you come to work with BayCreative?

BayCreative had worked on a project with another side of our organization, so we were familiar with them. My colleague in that department said he was very happy with their work, so I got a quote from them, and we moved forward. Although I knew of other agencies I could have pursued, I had seen BayCreative’s work and had interacted with them, so it was a no-brainer to go with them.

We’ve been working with BayCreative since March of 2016, and the relationship is ongoing. We have one story in the pipeline now, and we plan to use them for more stories going forward.

I don’t have hard numbers, but everyone on my team really likes the new format that BayCreative has started. They’ve been very well-received internally. They’re being used by the sales team and shared with other customers a lot. Everyone has given them the thumbs-up.

How did BayCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

BayCreative is great. They’re always on time. Scott [President & co-Owner, BayCreative] is very responsive when I have a quick edit or need something changed. After the first interview, they’re always very good at turning around the first draft within about a week. If there’s any hang-up, it’s on the customer’s side with their internal approval process before we publish.

What did you find most impressive about BayCreative?

I appreciate the pricing. I think BayCreative has very competitive pricing, and they give us a discount as a nonprofit. I appreciate their recognition of our nonprofit status. Scott is always brilliant and very responsive. The interviewer on their team, I think his name is Dave, is very good with the customers. That’s important because I don’t want someone interviewing my customers who doesn’t have the right tone and relationship management style. Everyone who has interviewed the customers has been good, and the customers have been very receptive to the whole process. I appreciate the whole package that BayCreative delivers.

Are there any areas BayCreative could improve?

I have nothing off the top of my head.

Overall Score It’s been pleasant working with BayCreative, and we’re very happy with the relationship.
    BayCreative hasn’t missed a deadline so far.
    I appreciate the discount, but as a nonprofit, we always look to save every penny we can. It can always be cheaper, but BayCreative gives us high-quality work.
    BayCreative is always on time. We’ve been very pleased with their work always. Our sales team has been very pleased with the case studies.
    I’ve recommended BayCreative to my counterpart on the nonprofit side of our organization, and they’re using BayCreative as well. We’re giving them more business.

Web Design and Creative Services for Fintech Software Company

"They’re able to work with the right balance of discipline, creative flair, audience, and focus for the end result."

May 2016 - Ongoing

BayCreative augments an internal marketing team, creating an innovative brand presence and commonality across marketing materials. Their work includes collateral and a website aligned to brand attributes.

San Carlos, California
Chris Preston
Chief Marketing Officer, Inspyrus

The website is innovative and easy to use, rather than static or stale. Customers, partners, and employees have been impressed with the website as well as marketing collateral – noting a night and day change. BayCreative is responsive, flexible, and brings exceptional creative talent to the table.

Inspyrus is a Silicon Valley Fintech solutions and software development company that specializes in transforming Accounts Payable and Finance Operations into profit centers. Our passion and mission are to provide the most innovative, game-changing solutions on the market, and solve business problems that other providers have failed to address. I’m the CMO and Executive VP.

What challenge were you trying to address with BayCreative?

We don’t have a full marketing staff; I believe that hiring an experienced agency is ultimately more successful than trying to do everything in-house. I was looking for an extension to my team for creative work around things like graphics, collateral, video work, and other ad hoc projects that come along. We were also doing a total revamp of our website.

We first had to get the basics in place. When I first came on board, our brochures, graphics, and PowerPoint presentations were very standard and stock-looking. BayCreative helped us create very impressive iconography and other graphics, as well as multiple pieces of collateral with commonality, so everything looks like it’s connected. They had good ideas on the basic structure, suggesting creative elements that supported our innovative brand. This gave us a good, solid foundation to develop our brand elements and attributes. From there we developed our new sales collateral and then onto revamping our entire website to create a mobile-first user experience. At every step, they came up with creative approaches that you don’t typically see in our industry. Innovation is our brand, so our website and other content have to exhibit that at all times.

What I like about BayCreative, is that they come with multiple ideas that eventually translate into stunning deliverables. They give us plenty to choose from and carefully explore the options with us. This allows us to come up with the right combination of creative elements that maximize impact.

How did you come to work with BayCreative?

I looked at several agencies, and I liked the creativity that BayCreative displayed and their focus on the client. Many agencies were rather arrogant and often didn’t have the work to back it up. They were very inflexible out of the gate and very expensive. BayCreative was appealing because they could operate as that extension of my team. They’re responsive, and they have the span of skills to handle multiple types of projects - all at a reasonable cost. Most importantly, they bring a lot of creative talent to the table.

We started working together in May of 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

The feedback we’ve gotten from customers, partners, and employees has been very positive. They say our website is innovative, easy to use, and comes from a very creative angle. This has allowed us to cut through the noise of what others in our space typically promote, which is often stock, stale, and overly corporate-looking. Ours has a much more dynamic personality and has a great creative flair. The site is visually impactful and immersive, but not distracting, so the messages clearly come through.

We have partners and other companies that promote our solution. They are very impressed with the materials and our website. They commented that it was a night and day difference from what was there before.

How did BayCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

BayCreative is incredibly responsive. It’s like having someone on my staff. I can call them up with a task, and they take care of it. They have project management and a good process. They can quickly accommodate change requests with an eye on the schedule.

What did you find most impressive about BayCreative?

Their creative talent is what makes BayCreative unique. The right creative talent is often the hardest thing to find in this industry. However, they also don’t over-rotate on the creative side. They’re able to work with the right balance of discipline, creative flair, audience focus for the end result. Also, they have good skills around messaging and streamlining content. All of this balanced with the business side, which is focused on results. Again, these skills and disciplined balance are not easy to find.

Are there any areas BayCreative could improve?

Like any firm, there are always opportunities to streamline the creative and billing process. However, BayCreative delivered on everything I asked them to do.

Overall Score They take a fresh look at every opportunity they have, and they do great work.
    Overall, BayCreative meets their deadlines, and are transparent in their process.
    BayCreative offers a good balance of cost and value.
    Everything has been impressive. BayCreative brings many new ideas to the table. They have that “wow” factor.

Video Marketing Collateral for Enterprise Security Firm

"They have a super creative and out-of-the-box thinking process."

June 2016 - Ongoing

BayCreative has conceptualized and produced marketing videos for use in email campaigns, websites, and trade shows. Alongside this, the team has offered brand consultancy and ad hoc creative work.

201–500 Employees

Sunnyvale, California
Lynne Courts
Vice President of Marketing, Seclore

Customers are engaged with the videos and are staying on the website for longer as a result. Lead generation has increased tremendously. The videos are also loved internally and have brought an element of fun to the brand. BayCreative has been attentive and punctual, as well as fun to work with.

Seclore is a provider of enterprise digital rights management software solutions, which is security software for enterprise customers. My role is as VP of marketing for global operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with BayCreative?

We started out needing some help with videos. We do a lot of customer testimonials and some even product-type videos which can be quite creative. We needed help but didn’t want to hire someone full-time on staff. We were looking for a third party to help us with some of those marketing deliverables.

They primarily worked on the marketing videos, but they’ve also done some work with graphical elements for banners. We have done some consulting with them on branding since they have a lot of talent in brand development. I think one of their shining areas is in generating really creative and cool video content.

We’ll come up with an idea of what we want to do, and they come back with the script, storyboarding, and actors or voice actors. They handle the shoot, editing, and delivery of the final product. They provide everything end to end for us. We provide basic content and a description of what we’re looking to do. They take our rough ideas and put some flesh on them. They come up with very different, fun, and unique ways to tell your product or solution story. We’re the product experts, but they add a very nice spin to that and help us tell a great story about the value our product offers.

They’re the production unit for us. We use their deliverables on our website, in email campaigns, and in trade show booths. When we need something very specific for a trade show, they provide that for us as well.

We’re finding that video content is the best at putting some dimension into the product, whether these are demos, customer testimonials, or interviews with people on staff. We have a whole video series now that we’re creating with BayCreative which describes our four unique advantages. This will involve a scenario and character set that goes with our brand in order to tell the story of why we’re unique in the market. That’s a particularly cool and clever thing BayCreative is doing for us.

How did you come to work with BayCreative?

I think they were referred through a marketing colleague of mine. They’re very creative people, but they also have some very good corporate knowledge. I think it’s a perfect marriage; you get the creativity as well as the sensitivity to what is needed in a business-to-business market. I think they really do a great job with that.

How much have you invested with BayCreative?

We have spent in the range of $100,000, maybe over.

The current project started in June of 2016, and the work is ongoing.

I don’t have numbers, but we are finding that customers are staying on our website longer. We have higher engagement on our website because of the video content. The number of people willing to download our resources and give us leads has also increased tremendously. Even the email open rates and click-throughs are much higher as a result of the work BayCreative is doing.

BayCreative made me look like a superhero. Internally, our company loves their work, from the CEO all the way down. Externally, it’s brought an element of fun to what is a pretty bland topic, the security of documents. With the testimonials, I think they’re very good at bringing out the best in customers when talking about our product. The videos have been super helpful and useful in the market.

They also did another video for us that was very creative, which was kind of three-minute intro into what we do. That is the most downloaded element on our website.

How did BayCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very good. I know they’re growing and have a lot going on, but I always have the attention of the two primary members of the team. They’re right in the midst of it. BayCreative brings on great talent, from videographers to content creators. Their project management is fabulous across the board.

They also hit deadlines, so there’s no problem there. When we’re in the midst of a project, we talk nearly every day. At other times, we might have a weekly meeting. It’s pretty fluid. They’re very good at laying out the project and setting the milestones. I never felt like I had to go find them and figure out what’s going on. It’s always been very proactive and fluid on their part.

What did you find most impressive about BayCreative?

They have a super creative and out-of-the-box thinking process. They’re not just trying to do things the same. They don’t give you average or even good work. They give you great, fun, interesting work. They truly have a creative spirit, and they go the extra mile to make sure they deliver something different. Plus, they’re really fun to work with.

Are there any areas BayCreative could improve?

I can't think of anything.

They always meet deadlines. I don’t have to nag them. We often have short deadlines, and they always hit those.
    I think they offer very good value for what we spend.
    The quality is always great. It goes above and beyond what I expect. It’s on time, and it hits the mark in terms of the goals and objectives that we set.
    I’d give them a six if I could.

Creative Services for Health & Wellness Company

"BayCreative asks questions and provides high-quality design."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

BayCreative designed infographics to assist an internal sales force in highlighting technical information to customers. The effort has been collaborative and has revolved around existing brand requirements.

Director of Marketing Communications, Health & Wellness Company

The infographics have the look and feel requested and are in-line with brand guidelines. Although the team could have provided additional creative options, the infographics are on-strategy. The team has met all deadlines and deliver a professional experience.

I’m the director of marketing for a health and wellness company.

What challenge were you trying to address with BayCreative?

I needed a marketing and design group that did high-quality work for infographics. We needed to develop a detailed sales aid to assist our internal sales force.

We had initial meetings to outline our goals. At first, I provided the documentation and timelines for specific deliverables in order to set the pace. BayCreative evaluated our website and read the materials I gave them. After that, it’s become more of a collaborative effort.

How did you come to work with BayCreative?

I found them advertised on the site and looked at their portfolio. They’re local to us, so it was convenient. I met with the owner and we agreed on a fee.

How much have you invested with BayCreative?

I paid $14,000 for this first engagement.

The project began in March of 2017, and it is ongoing.

BayCreative asks questions and provides high-quality design. They’re able to meet our deadlines. The infographics they presented had the look and feel we agreed on, and we were pleased right away. Their work will not have specific analytics tied to it because it’s more about providing branded collateral materials to our sales force. They’re aiding our sales force in providing highlighted technical information to our customers. They were given brand guidelines to utilize and succeeded in turning that around. They carefully listened to what we said and met our objective out of the gate. They’re on-strategy and on-brand. Our executive committee, including our owners, is satisfied. I’m also satisfied with the quality of the work.

How did BayCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

They meet the deadlines we give them and were responsive through email.

What did you find most impressive about BayCreative?

I think they deliver a solid level of professional service, as I would expect from a group with their years of experience in the business.

Are there any areas BayCreative could improve?

I wish they had provided a few more creative options in the presentations. They could give us an A or B choice rather than interpreting the information we provided in only one specific way.

They’re very good about meeting deadlines and working efficiently.
    They’ve given us a very good value.
    I hired them for the quality of service, and they delivered on time. They ask good questions to achieve the objective.
    I would refer them without hesitation.

Traditional and Digital Advertising for Real Estate Firm

"They understand the people they’re working with and what their needs are."

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

BayCreative updated a brand, marketing strategy, and communications program for residential and commercial real estate services. After a thorough evaluation, the team delivered traditional and digital services.

Pleasanton, California
General Manager, Hacienda

Recent campaigns have generated new leads and have been well-received by target audiences. BayCreative presents a broad range of initiatives and focuses on the highest return on investment. Although they miss some deadlines, the team is talented and provides quality work.

We are a management company for a large real estate development in North Pleasanton, California. It’s a mixed-use development that includes retail and residential properties.

What challenge were you trying to address with BayCreative?

We wanted to update a number of things, including our branding, overall marketing strategy, and communications program.

It had been some time since we updated any of those items, so we engaged BayCreative for a full range of marketing communications services. The first thing they worked on was a comprehensive evaluation of our brand, out of which came a number of recommendations. That was also combined with a communications exercise—looking at our current resources, techniques, frequency, and channels. Afterward, they made suggestions on how to augment those. A number of special projects came out of that evaluation, which ranged from traditional marketing pieces to things I would characterize as place-making elements. BayCreative also gave recommendations for the different thematic programs incorporated into the design of the project. Their work involved both strategic and design input.

Then, BayCreative updated our logo and the other imagery we use for our development. They created a brand book for us, which is a complete style guide on the presentation of our brand and how to use it. This includes everything from writing style and fonts to the new logo. The brand book also has usage guidelines for print and other types of publications. This even extended to our website, creating consistency in the presentation of different elements on that site.

They also evaluated our website and helped improve the layout, page design, and presentation of information. BayCreative did the creative work on a number of interesting video case studies we’ve employed on our website. They interviewed and filmed various representatives who spoke on behalf of our project and then used those pieces in a variety of ways. They also developed an AdWords campaign for us, which we’re currently using both as lead generation and tying in some elements with components of our site. We also had them produce a new brochure for us. They designed new collateral for our office, which we’re in the process of implementing. They’ve also designed some specialty pieces as inserts in local business publications.

How did you come to work with BayCreative?

We put out a request for proposal for services and interviewed several firms. BayCreative rose to the top for a couple of reasons. One of their principals previously worked for a company that had been in our development and was familiar with the location. That person had some familiarity with our project and had done a lot of tech marketing work. Another thing we found particularly appealing was that they had a good grasp of the mix of businesses we have and the type of place we are. Their skillset seemed very well-suited to our location. I was also impressed with the samples of other campaigns they presented.

How much have you invested with BayCreative?

We’re in the range of $200,000 to $1 million.

The first contract with them was in September of 2014, and the work is ongoing.

I don’t have specific metrics. However, the AdWords campaign has had some success. We have new lead generation from that, and it has definitely produced results. We’ve gotten very favorable responses from the smaller campaigns and initiatives they put forward. For example, they redesigned the signage we use in the park, and that new design has been incredibly well-received. From a place-making standpoint, that’s been really good.

We’ve also gotten wonderful feedback on the printed materials they produced for us, as well as the case study videos. Our board members are uniformly impressed with BayCreative’s creativity, thoughtfulness, and the analysis they used. They presented a very broad range of initiatives to consider and pointed out the areas where they thought we would get the most value for our investment. That type of approach has been greatly appreciated by our board.

How did BayCreative perform from a project management standpoint?

There were a couple hiccups here and there, but generally, the project management was very good. The team has brought talent to the project. They use a wide range of resources, and their people are all high-caliber. A couple of deadlines were missed, which was a little problematic, but they’ve done very well for the most part.

What did you find most impressive about BayCreative?

They’ve done incredibly well in bringing creativity and inspiration to our project. Also, they understand the people they’re working with and what their needs are. They understand the current environment, where there’s opportunity for change, and the limitations that might exist. They’ve worked well within those constraints.

Are there any areas BayCreative could improve?

Sometimes, it would have been helpful to have more adherence to contracting procedures, making sure paperwork is in place and that sort of thing. That’s minor in the overall scheme of things.

There were a couple of missed deadlines.
    I’m very impressed with the value we’ve gotten for the investment.
    The key things I focus on are their innovation, general talent, and the inspiration they bring to marketing and communications work. I think they do very well there.
    I would highly recommend them to others.

Marketing Campaign for New Collaborative Software Product

"They lent a level of professionalism to our messaging, our collateral, and our training that we wouldn’t have had."

BayCreative managed the messaging and production for a series of training videos for a new product. They translated the idea into a reality and developed the graphics at the core of the project.

Product Manager, Global Software Firm

BayCreative really understood the project, which helped them deliver highly professional messaging. The training videos have exceeded sales goals. Every member of the team prioritized the project as though it was their own; they were available 24/7.

Please describe your company.

We're an American multinational technology firm headquartered in San Jose, California.

What is your role and responsibilities, please?

I’m a senior manager of business operations in our Raleigh North Carolina office, but when I was working with Bay Creative, I was a senior manager in our public service product management organization.

What was your goal for working with BayCreative?

We were working on a very tight timeline for a new product offering that typically would have taken about two years to develop. We had to do it in one. We needed to work with a vendor that could match us in ridiculously tight timeframes to market the product, and figure out how to market the product as we were constantly building and changing it. They had to be as committed as we were.

It started with helping us around messaging and collateral, and then moved into building some professional training videos for the product.

One thing, in particular, they assisted with was the messaging around a certain aspect of the product we called the ‘dynamic and continuous cycle of improvement of delivering services’. I spent a lot of time internally with people, coming up with that concept, but it was BayCreative who helped us figure out how to get that concept into some graphics that we could build all of our product training around.

What was the timeline of the project?

I think we first brought them in at the end of March or beginning of April, and then we went GA [general availability] the following January.

What was your process for selecting BayCreative?

My marketing manager had worked with them before on some smaller projects. When I met them, and shared with them what a challenge it was going to be, they promised me they were up to the challenge – and they were.

What were the results of the project?

We really demanded a lot of them, and they never let us down. Everything from assisting when we were trying to build our training program for the product, and at the beginning when we were trying to get our messaging around the new offering.

It was a brand new concept, and BayCreative grasped what we were trying to do and translated it into amazing marketing really quickly. They lent a level of professionalism to our messaging, our collateral, and our training that we wouldn’t have had. They’re amazing. As a matter of fact, we’re got some people in Australia who are trying to do a project, and I told them it would be worth it for them to work with BayCreative even with the time zone difference.

Do you have any stats or metrics on the project?

We launched on time. The training videos, they helped us build currently have over 2,000 views, which is pretty significant. This particular new offering is directed at our top tier customers. I don’t think I can't give you specific sales numbers, other than to say we’re meeting our internal goals on converting existing customers, and selling to new ones.

Is there anything unique or special about BayCreative that really makes them stand out?

The things I just loved about them, from the president down, they were always available, and they heard me when I said, ‘These are the deadlines.’ Due to the timeline, my whole team didn’t take their Christmas break, and neither did Bay Creative. The thing I can’t stress enough is that my priorities became BayCreative's priorities. They were as committed as me, and I’ve never worked with a vendor like that before.

Not really, and that’s unusual for me. If there was ever a bump in the road, they were available for a phone call. We were able to course correct within 24 hours on anything.

There were no surprises there.
    In a heartbeat.

Re-brand for Software Development Firm

"The talent of their people is first-class."

2012 - 2013

BayCreative designed materials for a software company’s rebranding campaign. Elements included collateral templates, PowerPoint templates, content creation, and a complete website overhaul.

Former VP of Marketing, Software Development Firm

BayCreative combined strategy, creativity, and originality to great effect: web traffic increased by 200%, the sales cycle decreased by 20%, and the overall feel of the company has greatly improved. The team’s deep well of talent really achieved the new professional aesthetic.

Please describe your company.

I've recently transitioned to a new company, but I worked extensively with BayCreative at my previous company. We were a software company based in the San Francisco Bay area, our main products were designed for the supplier information management space.

What is your role and responsibilities, please?

I was vice president of marketing. My responsibilities covered all the things you might think of in marketing in terms of demand generation, PR and AR, messaging, website management etc. Pretty much the face we put onto the world, as well as how we fill the sales pipeline.

What was your goal for working with BayCreative?

I reached out to Scott and BayCreative when our firm went through an identity crisis of sorts, and we decided we wanted to rebrand the company.

They helped us redesign all our forward-facing marketing materials. This included building all our collateral templates, PowerPoint templates, and content creation especially in the area of customer success stories. The most significant aspect of their work was a full redesign of our website.

What was your process for selecting BayCreative to work with?

I had worked with Scott [Danish, President of BayCreative] several years ago when he was at a different company. When it came time for this project, he was obviously in my mind, but I also took a look at several of the other agencies in the Bay area. What I found was that BayCreative brought the right combination of creative process and execution. So a lot of the firms I talked to were really strong in one or the other, but I felt Bay Creative brought both to the table.

In total, we probably spent between $70,000 and $100,000 with them, with the majority of that going to the website redesign.

What was the timeline of that engagement?

Our timeline was fairly relaxed. In total, it was probably around a year between 2012 and 2013.

Do you have any stats, or metrics, or general feedback to show the success of the project?

The results of the project were great. We were able to have a public-facing presence that made us look like a much larger company than we were. Since our target market was the Fortune 500, that was very important to us. It allowed us to align both the look and feel of our website and the content, and the actual value propositions that I worked with BayCreative on crafting, to resonate with that target market, and to help us increase our growth not only in our pipeline but in closed deals.

We were able to increase our site traffic by over 200% in the first year. It's hard to measure, but I would say that the improved sales collateral and customer success stories they developed, helped us shorten the sales cycle by probably 20%.

BayCreative really helped us in terms of being able to take the ideas and the directions that I had about the company, and combine those with some solid creativity and out-of-the-box thinking in terms of how we might present those ideas and build them into the overall look and feel of the company. Also, the talent of their people is first-class.

I can't think of any areas of improvement, and I think that’s bolstered by the fact that I’m planning to engage with BayCreative at my new company as well. I’ve been very happy with my work with BayCreative.