Powered by Technology. Driven by Talent.

Silver

With offices in San Francisco and Dev Centers across the main cities in LATAM and the US, we are the fastest growing Technology Solutions company in Latin America. We have the largest applicants pool in the industry with over 145.000 Software Engineers applying to work with us each year, from which we hire only the Top 1% IT Talent through a rigorous staffing method. This is how we create solid teams of 100% bilingual veteran developers.

We work providing end-to-end delivery for companies of all sizes, from startups to some of the biggest companies in the world, leading projects for Google, Sirius XM, Volkswagen, Groupon, IBM & Viacom, among others. The heart of our work is Software Outsourcing, Testing and Operational Support which we provide through a service of fully managed teams that integrate seamlessly into your projects.

We are a group led and guided by an Agile mentality.
We are a firm founded and run by Developers.
We are a company Powered by Technology and Driven by Talent.

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Costa Rica
  • Honduras
  • Guatemala
  • El Salvador

SiriusXM, Google, Rolls-Royce, Viacom, Groupon, Netgear, Univision, AP, Turner, IBM, Thomson Reuters, RightSide, Salesforce, Whirlpool, HP, Autodesk, BBVA, Motorola, Volkswagen, AdRoll, R/GA, Instructure, Fresenius, Square, Kapsch, Gemalto, IPG Mediabrands.

Mobile App Dev for Taxi Booking Company

"Their team is tech-savvy, meeting all of the requirements."

Oct. 2017 - 2018

BairesDev developed a mobile application for a taxi service. The team built the apps for iOS and Android, using Xamarin and a SQL server. The product was for drivers and users of the platform.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
Douglas Kruse
CEO, Tackzee

Despite a few technical difficulties, BairesDev created a quality mobile product. Their efficient workflow supplemented their professional management style. Customers can expect a skilled and responsive team of developers.

I’m the owner of Tackzee, a mobile app for taxis on the island of Nantucket.

What challenge were you trying to address with BairesDev?

We hired BairesDev to build mobile applications for the drivers and consumers.

They used a .NET framework, developing the iOS and Android apps using Xamarin and a SQL server.

At the height of the engagement, we had five developers, a project manager, and a couple of QA testers.

How did you come to work with BairesDev?

I used them previously at another company, so I knew what to expect when engaging with their team.

We spent roughly $400,000.

We worked with BairesDev from October 2017–2018.

Overall, BairesDev did a good job. There are issues to be expected during projects like this. Some quality issues could be fixed. For example, someone recently was double charged. We expedited some of the work and may have cut corners to get it finished as fast as possible, so I wouldn’t necessarily blame them. I pushed them pretty hard. There are some things I expect any developer could find during a simple testing phase, so that was a little disappointing, but I was happy with them.

How did BairesDev perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project management tools were Jira and Flowdock. The assigned project manager was the strongest one I’ve ever worked within the last 20 years. She was phenomenal, doing her best to meet my expectations. I had no problems with the management aspect.

I previously mentioned their excellent project management style, but ultimately, BairesDev delivered what I had asked them to build. Their team is tech-savvy, meeting all of the requirements. I’m delighted with their work product.

Some of the communications we had with the tech lead could’ve been better. If I report an issue, I expect that the person would go in and not go into all the work that they have to do. I understand that it takes time to investigate it, so I don’t need to be told that. I expect a tech lead to go beyond the core specifications and fill in the gaps. That would be my only critique.

Enterprise Mobile App & Web Development for Rolls-Royce PAMS

“Repeat business is the best testament to a team’s ability to perform, and I have no hesitations hiring them again.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

BairesDev developed and implemented the frontend of a mobile app that processes and delivers data from a secure web service. Programmed in Java, the progressive web app is built for iOS and Android.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Product / R&D Manager, Rolls-Royce PAMS

BairesDev rapidly catalyzed significant momentum towards achieving the objectives. Their developers demonstrated a pleasant collaboration style paired with high-level technical acumen. Leveraging a sophisticated array of technology made for a smooth and productive partnership.

I’m the product and R&D manager for Rolls-Royce Process Automation and Monitoring Systems (PAMS). Our primary business area is the installation and maintenance of plant process computer systems at nuclear power plants.

What challenge were you trying to address with BairesDev?

Primarily driven by cybersecurity concerns within the nuclear industry, we have significantly changed the architecture of our system over the past 5-6 years. Implementing some of the requirements to comply with new regulations required us to isolate our systems even further. In practice, this made data availability for support staff members at nuclear sites either impossible or highly restricted.

In early 2018, I began the process of determining whether we could build the mobile app in-house or if we needed external support. After investigating the capabilities within our organization for a couple of months, I determined we could manage the backend and web service. We needed help with the frontend because we lack those development skills internally.

We modified our architecture with the added capability of delivering real-time data we collect in the plant to support staff. Employees included within the envelope of secure users can access data on safe operations of the plant and environmental protection through a mobile app to help the operational staff produce power. Our team’s engineers built a RESTful-based API and used JSON to transfer information back and forth from the web service.

I brought BairesDev on to help us build the frontend of a mobile app that consumes data sent from our web service. We’re developing it to support both Android and iOS. There is a relatively small amount of native code for each platform. The bulk of the app runs on a progressive web app (PWA) with a common code baseline for both platforms

We started with a discovery kickoff that lasted two weeks. When they came to our offices, we sat down together to hash out the project. I provided exact requirements. We discussed the functionality and mapped each feature back to the scoping document I had created. After we broke the project down, we entered each aspect into Jira.

Our biggest technical challenge was deploying push notifications built using Firebase under the iOS platform. Apple is very particular and restrictive about how they allow companies to send users notifications to their devices.

The team includes a lead developer, a supporting developer, a scrum master, a UX designer, and a QA person. I also interact with a business development manager on a regular basis and speak with other marketing resources periodically as well.

How did you come to work with BairesDev?

I conducted various Google searches and asked my contacts in the industry which kinds of resources they had used to build mobile apps. For a while, I couldn’t find any companies that fit the bill for us until the CEO of BairesDev sent me a very timely email.

Another company contacted me and I found two other potential candidates around the same time. During a two-month evaluation process, I wrote out scoping document to send to the four vendors. I held various phone conversations with each one and quickly eliminated two.

Based on our discussions and their references, BairesDev was clearly the most experienced in the areas that I wanted to build the frontend to address. They were more competent than the other companies and had already built an enterprise-scale mobile app. I wanted to leverage the expertise that they brought to the table and liked their overall approach.

We’ve spent $125,000-$150,000 so far.

We started working together in February 2019, and the work is ongoing.  Our current plan is to continue using BairesDev for version two of our mobile app. We are already in negotiations about a follow-on project with another group in our organization that I’ll be helping to facilitate. We hope to kick that off sometime this fall.

BairesDev has helped us make a lot of progress in a short amount of time. We’ve worked really well together as a cohesive group. Every member of their team has been extremely professional and fully met my expectations.

The quality of everyone they’ve assigned to our project has met or exceeded my expectations. In particular, the lead developer is awesome. He’s a great person and is highly knowledgeable. Both developers are skilled and have deep knowledge in our primary areas of interest.

The UX designer did an amazing job of getting us started with the wireframes. He was very easy to work with and receptive to all my feedback. The QA representative excelled in their role, as well. He has been my primary contact for every issue I found or technical concern I've had.

How did BairesDev perform from a project management standpoint?

BairesDev has implemented a top-down agile methodology flawlessly. Their solid understanding of the process really shows in the results. We hold daily standups and use Slack for team communication. They helped us ensure we set everything up during the discovery phase as we planned out the entire project.

The project consisted of six sprints, and BairesDev has worked extremely hard to complete all the assigned tasks in each one. The final sprint was for user acceptance testing. As simulator we run of the nuclear plant provides the data from the web service we use for the mobile app development. Eventually, we will use Jenkins and a production-like environment to deploy our product to customers.

The toolset they introduced me to has been phenomenal. We use Jira to track all the epics and user stories, then break everything down into sub-tasks. They also use an estimation tool. We’re using GitHub to store all our code. They’ve done a great job of keeping the latest and greatest code in the repositories I set up, and they’re very knowledgeable about accessing VMs.

BairesDev is a team of hard workers. Their level of responsiveness has been outstanding. Every time I have a question, they answer me instantly. Their attention to detail has exceeded my expectations.

They’ve listened carefully and been very receptive during our discussions.  BairesDev helps us find out the most important aspects to emphasize so we could allocate our attention appropriately.

The language barrier had posed some minor difficulties since we speak different languages natively. We’ve had some difficulty around technical concepts at times, but communication has been great overall. Exchanging ideas in Slack seems to come across more clearly than in verbal conversations.

Overall Score Repeat business is the best testament to a team’s ability to perform, and I have no hesitations hiring them again.
    We experienced an interruption in the project when the scrum master was replaced, and it took a few days to get everything back on track.

Web Development and Maintenance for Advertising Agency Sites

"They offer top-tier talent."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

BairesDev did Drupal development, PHP development, and container-based operations solution engineering for multiple websites in an ongoing partnership.

High Point, North Carolina
Eric Tessau
VP, Digital Operations, Trone Brand Energy

Their support has kept various web development projects on track. BairesDev is a capable partner and they’re accountable for a largely self-directed workflow. They stand out for their expertise and customer service.

I work for an advertising agency.

For what projects/services did your company hire BairesDev?

We needed outsourced development for various websites that may be brand-new or may need ongoing maintenance.

We wanted the development on time and on budget.

We found them through a partnering firm that matches needs.

They worked on Drupal development, PHP development, and container-based operations solution engineering.

We worked with a developer and an account manager.

They’ve kept our projects on track without much direction from our end.

We have our own project manager in-house, but their account manager ensured that we received satisfactory customer service.

They offer top-tier talent that's better than anyone we've interviewed domestically.

No, we’re very satisfied.

They're worth the expense.

Mobile Dev & QA Staff Augmentation for Asset Management Platform

"We would definitely go back to them again if we were looking for additional help."

2017 - Ongoing

BairesDev vetted and sourced two resources to assist an asset management platform with staff augmentation.  They filled two roles for QA testing and mobile development.

Palo Alto, California
Director of People, Sidetracker

The expert resources BairesDev provided have contributed invaluable skill, and insight to forward the in-house team's development efforts and extend their knowledge base. They secured two specialists within a rapid turnaround time. As a company, they offered outstanding flexibility.

I'm the director of people operations at my company, Sidetracker. We have a project and asset management platform and software solution.

What challenge were you trying to address with BairesDev?

BairesDev helps us find development talent, primarily in Mexico.

BairesDev helped us fill two roles for a developer and QA tester on very short notice. The mobile developer they found for us has worked as a regular part of our team for the better part of 18 months. We didn't hire them for a specific project. Instead, they have contributed to our team's efforts on a daily basis.

From the QA side, we had some challenges filling roles here in the US because it's such a competitive market. BairesDev was able to source people who had our desired skills and background within a matter of a week or two. The quick turnaround so far has been a strong positive.

BairesDev helped us augment our staff with two contracted specialists, one for development and the other for QA testing.

How did you come to work with BairesDev?

The CTO started the initial conversation, so I don't know what evaluation criteria he used. From my perspective, we had success with the initial hire for mobile development work. Since we were happy with that engagement, we went to them again to try to find someone who could fit our QA role.

We've been working together since the fall of 2017 and have an active ongoing collaboration.

The resources BairesDev sourced for us have made significant contributions both from a development and expertise standpoint. Their skill level and experience have really raised the level of knowledge on our team.

BairesDev has helped us augment our onshore development capabilities. Both of the resources they found us have been great assets to the team. We had a hard time trying to fill these roles ourselves. It would have taken us much longer to get our mobile app out the door without their help.

How did BairesDev perform from a project management standpoint?

The engineering team had direct interaction with the resources BairesDev assigned us, so I can't speak to the project management.

BairesDev was a flexible company to work with. We appreciate their ability to jump in and find people quickly for us. We asked them to accommodate us when a few things happened, and they were happy to. We would definitely go back to them again if we were looking for additional help.

No, not at this time.

Custom Software Dev for Inbound Marketing Agency

BairesDev was incredibly accommodating of the project’s broad and often unclear attributes.”

July 2017 - Ongoing

BairesDev built a system that pulls data from the JSON database and then assembles it into a PDF document. Deliverables included performance testing and an administrative database. Support is ongoing.

Brunswick, Maine
Business Development, Patra

The system has streamlined a document submittal process, reducing server overhead and increasing productivity. BairesDev is a communicative and knowledgeable offshore partner. They are incredibly engaged and deliver top-tier results.

I work in business development at PatraCompany, a digital marketing and video firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with BairesDev?

We wanted to streamline one of our client’s complex and time-consuming bidding process by building a submittal system. More specifically, whenever client bid for large-scale jobs, they had to provide all physical supporting documents for the products that they were bidding to sell. This included technical documentation, specs, safety information, and other supporting documentation. My company needed to outsource development talent to build the submittal system.

At the start of the project, a database engineer from BairesDev conducted comparative performance testing. The engineer tested a few different models and storage types. Once we chose the database type and architecture, BairesDev’s developer implemented the structure. The system quickly pulls data from the JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) database. The system then assembles the data into a PDF document, which contains only the required information and company branding.

BairesDev has also built an administrative database. They have proposed potential applications for other ways to deploy this easily accessible data in our client’s business. The vendor continues to perform testing and bug fixes.

My team has worked with a database engineer and a developer.

How did you come to work with BairesDev?

I had previously communicated with BairesDev about other projects that never panned out. For this project, we considered a few different vendors. We chose BairesDev based on their high-level technical knowledge and good reviews. Other determining factors were that they communicated in fluent English, were within the same time zone, and treated their employees with respect. We also wanted to build a long-term, as-needed partnership, and BairesDev seemed like the right offshore vendor for this.

The project started in July 2017 and is ongoing.

Because BairesDev has been developing a custom product, there are not many comparative metrics available. However, the quality of the product and their work has been excellent. For instance, their comparative performance testing guided us toward the optimal database type and architecture, which has reduced server overhead and increased document production rates.

The project is in the testing phase, but we have continued to engage BairesDev because we are so satisfied with their development work. Customer feedback has been outstanding.

How did BairesDev perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a few different in-house systems that we track notes in, but we have not implemented a specific project management software. BairesDev has been very flexible about how we manage the workflow between our teams. An appointed account manager checks in often. They meet deadlines and communicate effectively. Their team is professional, responsive, and qualified.

My company had a very specific dataset that we needed to work the project around, but the scope of the project was undefined. In my experience, developers and engineers generally want a clearly defined set of requirements and expectations. BairesDev has been incredibly accommodating of the project’s broad and often unclear attributes. They have provided critical counsel that has guided the whole project. This level of commitment is remarkable and hard to come by. Overall, BairesDev has been dedicated to producing the highest-quality work.

No, not in this particular case. I have no complaints about either of the BairesDev team members we worked with.

They are not the most inexpensive way to outsource this kind of technical need, but the quality that they provide for this price is exceptional.

Dev Support for Health Technology Company

"BairesDev provided a team of hardworking, skilled engineers and they were critical for our success."

Jan. 2016–Jan. 2019

BairesDev supported internal development efforts in creating a core SaaS platform. Their team also helped build a consumer-facing website and an internal workflow tool.

Paul Degnan
Director of Platform Engineering, Celmatix

The newly developed products have helped improve the company’s overall success. As a team, BairesDev was a strong partner and fulfilled many needs within the business. Their flexibility within the scope made them a valuable asset in developing the products.

I’m the director of platform engineering for Celmatix, we combine data science and genomics to create solutions focused on fertility potential.

For what projects/services did your company hire BairesDev?

We hired BairesDev to support our internal team’s development efforts. We were building a product called Polaris, which is a SaaS platform.

We wanted a team to provide support in creating our primary product.

My company had been working with BairesDev before I was hired.

BairesDev supported our team in developing our SaaS platform. Within the product, they built the ability for data collection and predictive analytics. In addition to this, their team helped us create other platforms for our various business needs. They created a site to help us collect patient’s consent as part of a research study and built an internal tool to improve our testing workflow.

Initially, they provided two engineers to augment our team of eight. Later in the project, the number reduced to one teammate to fit our needs.

Our platform is highly improved thanks to BairesDev’s support. They successfully built systems that enhance our company.

They were available over Slack at all times. We had regular meetings and they fully integrated themselves with our team. They had an exemplary approach to the work.

BairesDev provided a team of hardworking, skilled engineers and they were critical for our success. The level of their insight was superior to others in the market.

Occasionally, around holidays or time-off, there were minor miscommunications between our teams. This wasn’t a significant issue since we had direct contact with the engineers, but those specific instances could have been improved.

QA Services for Outdoors Education Company

“They're willing to go above and beyond the contracted hours to meet our needs.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Overseeing functional testing, BairesDev develops tests based on the expectations defined in user stories. They’ve also helped build out automation test suites and performance testing.

Texas
QA & Release Manager, Outdoors Education Company

The quality of tests has improved and the defect capture rate is higher. Working quickly and efficiently, BairesDev delivers exceptional results, while their professionalism and ability to provide all the necessary resources made them a reliable partner.

I'm a QA and release manager at an online education and certification company for the outdoor gaming industry. We provide hunting, fishing, and boating education as well as certification in many outdoor recreational activities.

What challenge were you trying to address with BairesDev?

We were using another offshore testing company, but we weren't getting the quality that we needed. We started looking for a new vendor to provide QA services for us.

They helped us build out some of our automation test suites and our performance testing. They're currently working on web-based testing. They look at user stories and develop tests based on the expectations defined in the stories, so they handle the full end-to-end functional testing for us. We use SQL and agile methodology, but all of BairesDev’s resources are highly experienced with various types of testing.

We work with three members of their team.

How did you come to work with BairesDev?

We were specifically looking for a Latin American company because they're in the same time zone as we are. We work with agile methodology and need instant communication between our QA team and our development team, so having somebody in the same time zone works a lot better. I talked to their sales representative and liked their approach, so I decided to give them a chance.

We started working with them in December 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

We've seen a lot better coverage on the tests and defect capture rate has increased. It's a collaborative effort from the QA team as a whole, but the majority of the team is with BairesDev.

How did BairesDev perform from a project management standpoint?

We replaced a team of five with a team of two people from BairesDev and they manage the same workload very effectively. They're in the same time zone, so they're able to respond almost instantly. Also, they've met all of our deadlines.

They're willing to go above and beyond the contracted hours to meet our needs. Besides, they're very knowledgeable and turn things around quickly.

They're a smaller company and it might take them some time to find the available resource. But they've always found the resources that we requested and met our needs.

Be clear about your requirements and what you're looking for, and they’ll do high-quality work for you. Some less expensive companies rarely provide the same quality and value in return on investment. South American market is slightly more expensive than some other offshore markets, but don't rule them out because of that.

Web Dev for Orthopaedic Healthcare Solutions Company

“BairesDev helps us accomplish more work within a shorter timeframe than we ever could before.”

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

BairesDev provided staff augmentations services to source, vet, and interview developers based on the specialized needs at hand. The resources they assigned focused on Node.js and Angular web development.

Bethlehem, PA
CTO, Exscribe

BairesDev sources highly skilled and carefully tailored candidates to augment the in-house team. They offer an array of best-in-class options to consider. The developers collaborate seamlessly using the Agile method. Their efficiency and technical acumen empower the client to scale with ease.

I'm the CTO of Exscribe Incorporated, a medical records software vendor. Our company is based in the US and has been in business since about 2001. The flagship product we offer is an electronic health records application that we market to orthopedic practices nationwide.

What challenge were you trying to address with BairesDev?

Our primary goal was staff augmentation. We wanted to be able to work on a larger number of projects at the same time. Unfortunately, we’d tried working with multiple teams beforehand that proved ineffective. As a small company, we needed a capable partner who could scale our development resources up and out when necessary.

Feeling wary initially based on our experiences with other contractors, we started our off with a proof of concept project to make sure we felt comfortable working with BairesDev. During this initial endeavor, they proved their merit. Both their company itself and the engineers they provided were the right matches for us.

This particular collaboration focused on web development. Angular and Node.js were the primary technical skills we requested, but BairesDev can find resources for any type of development we need.

At this point, we're expanding our partnership for the next quarter. We will source a greater number of resources through BairesDev including QA engineers who can perform web-based automated end-to-end testing.

BairesDev assigned three resources to our project. We work with a developer, an account manager, and a project manager who checks in every two weeks from their team.

How did you come to work with BairesDev?

After working with several unsuccessful vendors in the past, we really wanted to find the right fit this time. BairesDev was quick to find and turn around high-quality candidates. They were very flexible about our collaboration and offered several options for the developers we contracted.

Many intangible factors aren't included in the cost, including the time we spent in meetings and my personal working hours. Since we purposefully integrated BairesDev within our team, certain variables are difficult to capture.

We first came across a sales representative from BairesDev earlier this year. Based on our email correspondence, we started working together in August 2018. We have an ongoing partnership.

We were fully satisfied with both BairesDev as a development firm and the individual resources they provided. They enable us to further our goals by increasing the number of projects we can tackle simultaneously. We've been impressed by the timeliness and reliability we've seen from the individuals on their team.

BairesDev helps us accomplish more work within a shorter timeframe than we ever could before. The caliber of their work has been consistently great. Since poor quality was a problem we frequently had with previous vendors, this was an important strength. As we move forward, we’re continuing to scale up our efforts together.

How did BairesDev perform from a project management standpoint?

BairesDev is very flexible about the way we work together. We found it more effective to integrate their resources into our internal teams rather than send them specifications to build alone and show us a few weeks later.

The developers participate in our daily standups as part of an Agile process. We used Zoom for communication and meetings with the account manager and project manager. The language discrepancy didn’t pose any challenges.

BairesDev has met all of our expectations and stuck to the deadlines. The developers were open to using whatever technology we use. Once we set them up on our Microsoft Teams account, they quickly adapted to our internal processes.

BairesDev performed especially well with identifying the exact type of candidates we wanted instead of sending us irrelevant options. They zeroed in on the specific resources we needed and always proposed people who were a good fit. Additionally, we appreciated their flexibility and quick pace.

I don't have any criticisms at this time. There are always areas for improvement, but we've been very pleased with our engagement and interactions with BairesDev. In fact, we're expanding our partnership as a result.

They've met or exceeded all of our expectations and delivered everything they promised to.

Staff Augmentation for Software Consulting Company

“Their developers are able to integrate quickly and efficiently into any project… .”

2016 - Ongoing

BairesDev has been using React, .NET, Sitecore, and Angular to assist with customer software projects. They’ve also provided recommendations to optimize QA and other practices.

Austin, Texas
Director of Operations, Software Consulting Firm

BairesDev is able to grasp exactly what is required of them and assign the resources immediately, helping the in-house team be more efficient. They go above and beyond to meet all needs, while their proactive approach and responsiveness to feedback made them an integral part of the team.

I'm the director of operations at a software consulting firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with BairesDev?

We were working on the projects that required many creative and engineering solutions, so we needed more developers to staff our teams.

They're using React, .NET Framework, Angular, Sitecore, and other technologies to help us build customer software. They always understand exactly what we're asking of them and provide valuable recommendations, especially when we leave gaps in our requirements. Also, they've helped us optimize some of our practices, such as QA.

They've assigned about 20 developers to our projects.

How did you come to work with BairesDev?

They were referred to us. It's convenient for us to work with a company in Latin America because we share the same hours and have the ability to talk to their team during the business hours.

We started working with them in 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

Their developers are able to integrate quickly and efficiently into any project as if they've always been a part of our team. We can spend less time building detailed requirements and getting them on board with the project, which makes the process more effective.

How did BairesDev perform from a project management standpoint?

We don't use them for project management, but they're doing a great job from a communications standpoint. We use Slack, Jira, and email to stay in touch. They're very responsive and understand exactly what we need.

They're able to provide the resources we need–whether it's a React developer or a Sitecore developer–as soon as we ask them.

Nothing comes to mind.

Their team members are able to work as an integral part of your team. If you're looking for someone to work with a very limited set of requirements, you won't be taking full advantage of their capacity. They can recommend the things that are beyond the specifics that you request and their ideas will occasionally be better than yours.

They're very prompt and responsive.
    They deliver on expectations and respond immediately to any feedback.

Staff Augmentation for Mechanical Systems Company

"I’ve been very happy with what they deliver."

2014 - Ongoing

BairesDev is a long-term partner that provides specialized staff to boost internal development efforts with custom software, tackling various technologies, custom work, and data tracking systems.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
CIO, Mechanical Systems Company

Their efforts have helped significantly boost company growth over the past five years, through mobile-responsive, modern, and easy-to-use apps. BairesDev stands out with their effective communication, competitive prices, and wide range of talent, all of which contribute to a prolific partnership.

I’m the CIO for a mechanical subcontractor. We do plumbing, HVAC, and electrical installation in new residential construction spaces. We have a lot of custom software that we’ve written to help us manage labor and material efficiently.

What challenge were you trying to address with BairesDev?

We needed staff augmentation.

They provided developers to help us improve our custom software. We’re an ASP.NET shop that uses MySQL databases, Vue.js, Angular, and MVC. Our main application is in WinForms, which is an older ASP technology, but it’s something BairesDev is able to support. It’s a big deal for us to find someone that can still work in something like that. They also help us with the API that we’ve created.

We interact a lot with other applications like Google or WorldAPP, for which we’ve had to create apps that can go through and pull data. Overall, BairesDev has been able to help us to gather data from different systems and bring it into our main system.

This summer, we had some specific projects for our warehousing department. Our material in the construction industry represents 40% of our revenue. We required a better way for managing that material, so we hired one of their developers for a 10-week period. He came in, went into our systems, and revised and wrote new forms, tables, APIs, processes, and reports. He carefully examined and improved the way we track our data.

They have a salesperson and a project manager that work with me. They’ve assigned a sufficient amount of resources to my project, and if I have a problem with one of the developers, I reach out to their project manager, who handles it for me. I’ve worked with five or six of their developers over the years, but have only had a max of three at the same time. The very first one that I hired through them is still part of my staff.

How did you come to work with BairesDev?

I found them on LinkedIn. I had previously worked with a firm like theirs in South America, so I was familiar with their style. I was impressed with them from talking with their sales team and their CEO about their rates and what they could do. The rate I pay them is a lot less than what I would pay a full-time developer here.

We have invested between $50,000–$199,999.

We started working together at the end of 2014 and the collaboration is ongoing.

Over the past five years, our development team has helped a company of only 100 employees with a single app written in very old technology with an average database scheme grow into a company of over 300 employees. They’ve built many robust apps that are responsive, mobile friendly, and accessible, which helped the company become more modernized.

Furthermore, we’ve done a good job of getting the data that our field employees need on time and where they need it.

How did BairesDev perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m absolutely pleased with their communication. They’ve worked with the project management software I use, which is Basecamp or Asana. BairesDev’s staff communicate just as well, if not better than my in-house developers. We have daily stand-up meetings with our team and a monthly check-in with their sales and project management team, which really adds a lot of value.

I’ve worked with offshore and nearshore contractors, and it’s a huge win for us to work with a team that we don’t have to wait for 10 hours to reach. Another thing I really like about our arrangement is that they thought of everything, going as far as to include a rate in our contract for bringing one of their developers on site in case we need to.

Their key strengths include their diversity and portfolio. Other companies are successful, but they don’t have access to a wide range of developers. If you need someone that can write Android programs and also do HTML markup, BairesDev can handle it.

The second full-time hire we made with them was when we transitioned from using a mom-and-pop accounting package to full-blown SQL driven ERP software. They actually had a developer that could work with that tool. Even though he only worked with it a little bit, he at least had some knowledge. We were able to get him for $150 less per hour than if we had hired another company to consult and do the reports.

I would suggest that they train their developers further, but maybe this goes on without my knowledge. I don’t know how much they’re pouring into their staff, but I would love it if they were constantly adding skills to get better.

Overall Score It comes down to individual missteps here and there, but overall, I’ve been very happy with what they deliver.
    I haven’t hired their company to do work, only individual developers. Some of them hit deadlines and some don’t.
    I know what developers cost in the US, and these guys have just as much output as my developers do. The value I’m getting for them is extreme.
    The quality pertains to the individual developer. I’ve had some that have done better than others.
    I’ve recommended them to several friends and colleagues that need to cut costs.

Silver