Run with Bad Rhino

Bad Rhino is a full service social media marketing agency located in Philadelphia with clients locally, nationally, and globally.

Because social media is constantly changing, we spend quality time researching your story, your products, and your customers, so that we know exactly how your brand should adapt to the ebb and flow of the online world.

In short, we develop unique, highly customized strategies that create exposure for your business, deliver your message to customers, and take you to the next level.

West Chester, PA

PSPS- Philadelphia Society People & Strategy

Bare Essentials

Philadelphia PGA Section

Social Media Marketing for Real Estate Firm

"They're fun guys, they're straightforward and, most importantly, they get results."

Feb. 2015 - Ongoing

Based on a referral, a real estate company hired Bad Rhino to provide social media marketing services with the goal of increasing their leads and revenue from leads.

Pennsylvania, United States
Stephen Tallon
Agent, Real Estate Firm

Bad Rhino presented a detailed plan at the beginning of the project and then successfully executed according to that plan. The agency earned praise for their high-quality work, broad knowledge of social media, and insightful feedback.

Please describe your company.

I work for a real estate company in Pennsylvania, and we serve several counties in the local area.

What is your role in your company?

I am a REALTOR.

What was your goal in working with Bad Rhino?

We needed to create a simple way to connect to all the social media outlets, and I didn't have the time to do it myself. I also don't know about scheduling the posts, what the best time is to put them out, what's working, what's not working and the analytics behind everything. I needed to know what was working in order to allocate some of our advertising dollars on a post that's doing well, to boost that post, reach more people and, ultimately, create revenue for myself in leads.

They provide social media marketing services for us.

What was your process in selecting Bad Rhino?

I got them through a referral. I've known one of the owners for a few years now – actually before he was involved with Bad Rhino. It was not a difficult decision for me because I knew their background and had seen what they had done from their inception to now. It really helped to see how the company was growing and where they were headed. I was also connected through social media with some of the other companies that they were helping, and I could see where they had started and where they were headed.

Can you give a sense of the dollar size of the initiative?

I'm spending about $650 a month with Bad Rhino. I got a big discount because of my relationship with them.

When did you start working with them, and is the relationship ongoing?

We just started about four months ago, and we are continuing to work together.

Do you have any statistics or metrics related to their work?

I'm happy with their work, mostly because everything was laid out at the beginning. I'm new in the real estate business, so we both started out together. They laid out a specific plan on what to expect. For Facebook, for instance, they gave me a specific number of likes I'd have after one month, two months, and three months. So far, all of that has happened as we ramp up to where we ultimately want to be. They also work on content, coach me on what works and they're even finding some content for me that's not just real estate related. They're using their skills to help me get my name out there.

I've been thrilled with what they're doing so far. They're very good about providing feedback. I get a quarterly report of where we are, where we're headed, increases in likes, total reach of people who have seen our posts and that kind of thing. So, everything is going great.

Is there anything unique or special about Bad Rhino that really makes them stand out?

What really stands out is their knowledge of all the different types of social media, how they interconnect, what works, and what doesn't. Most importantly for me, as a busy person, is that the ease of communication and ease of use have been fantastic.

Not yet, and I hope there's not. They've pretty much done exactly what they said they were going to do, and produced the results that they said they were going to produce. That's hard to find nowadays, and I'm very happy with Bad Rhino.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

I would definitely say to use them. They're fun guys, they're straightforward and, most importantly, they get results. If you're results driven, and you like to look at numbers, and you like to increase your reach, they would be the guys.

I've been doing that already.

Social Media Marketing for Fitness Center

"They're very easy to work with. We just send an email or a text, and they're right on top of it."

2014 - Ongoing

A health club hired Bad Rhino for social media marketing with the goals of encouraging greater social media engagement and increasing their numbers of likes and followers.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Erin DiGrazio
Membership Director, Club La Maison

Bad Rhino’s role in the partnership dramatically increased the club's number of Facebook likes and Twitter followers. The agency earned recognition for their autonomy, responsiveness, and communication, and came highly recommended for their friendly interactions.

Please describe your company.

We're a full service health club in Wayne, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I'm the sales and marketing director.

What was your goal in working with Bad Rhino?

We wanted to update our social media, grow our page, grow our likes, and try to get more interaction on our Facebook page and on Twitter.

They've worked for us exclusively on social media marketing.

What was your process in selecting Bad Rhino with which to work?

One of their owners is a member here. I got on his email list at some point, so we connected that way.

Can you provide a ballpark dollar figure for the size of the work that they've done for you?

We pay them $650 a month.

When did you start working with them, and is the relationship ongoing?

We first started working together in 2014.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback to show the success of their work?

They're very easy to work with. We just send an email or a text, and they're right on top of it. Everything that I needed done immediately, they did, and they scheduled posts for the week. Once a month, they'd ask us what we wanted to push, or if there was anything in particular that was important to us. We'd email that to them and, from there, they devised a schedule. Our Facebook page went from a little less than 800 to about 2,200 likes. Our Twitter followers were practically nonexistent, and now we have just shy of 2,000.

Is there anything unique about Bad Rhino that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

Everything is very laid back. Nothing is high pressure. They're always reaching out to us to check on how we're doing and making sure things are working out for us. They come in personally, so it's not always just a phone call or email. I really like the scheduled posts, so we know something's getting posted at least once a day. I don't have to think about it. As soon as someone makes a comment, they're right there to respond immediately.

No. I don't think we gave them enough information to work with at the start, but that's not their issue.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

Even though they're going to handle everything, you do have to work with them to be sure they're on the right track. They're not at your business, so they can't take pictures. You have to make sure you have people to do that.

Social Media Marketing For Yoga Studio

"They...keep in touch with the pulse of our business."

Bad Rhino manages social media for a fitness studio. Through daily posts and interactions, the team maintains the brand's online reputation and expands its presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Norristown, Pennsylvania
Steve Sala
Co-Owner, Aim High Yoga

One and a half years after management transfer, the studio's Facebook page had received nearly 1000 more likes. The Bad Rhino team is genuinely dedicated to the project, and frequently visits the business to keep postings fresh and relevant.

Please provide a description of your company.

The company is Aim High Studios. We're a group fitness studio located outside of Philadelphia. We offer classes in yoga, spin, and barre.

What are your role and responsibilities?

My wife founded the studio in 2011. I help her out with various operational aspects.

What was your goal in working with Bad Rhino?

The time my wife was spending managing the studio's social media accounts was really a drain on other aspects of the business. She was looking to bring in some outside help so she didn't have to worry about it.

Bad Rhino handles all of the social media marketing for us. My wife still has some involvement with the media, but they provide about 95 percent of the content. They also handle the studio’s reputation management. Bad Rhino responds to any requests on social media, mainly working through Facebook, Twitter and, to a lesser extent, Instagram. They post a couple times a day to Facebook.

What was your process for selecting Bad Rhino with which to work?

She was introduced to them through a mutual friend who, I believe, was a client of Bad Rhino’s.

Can you provide a ballpark dollar figure for the size of the work that they’ve done for the studio?

We pay a monthly fee of $700 to Bad Rhino.

What was the timeline of the project?

My wife hired them about a year and a half ago, and the work is ongoing.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback to show the success of the project?

One thing my wife wanted to do was create exposure for the studio. That included a lot of content interaction, and then gaining likes on the site. Bad Rhino has done a great job. Aim High Studios now has close to 2,200 likes from a start of maybe 1,500. So, they’ve increased the studio’s visibility. The social media business has grown a lot during the past year and a half relative to everything else.

They really get to know your business. Their account lead actually visits our studio every couple of months to see what’s new, and keep in touch with the pulse of our business. That’s what sets them apart.

I think that with any social media company, they’re not going to know the business as well as the owner, so the owner still needs to be involved. So, my only advice would be that they never take 100 percent of the social media work.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

They’re very upfront with everything. They don’t oversell themselves, and my wife likes that about them.

Social Media Marketing for Apparel Company

"I feel very comfortable handing our whole Web presence and existence to them [Bad Rhino]."

Apr. 2014 - Ongoing

Bad Rhino provides email campaign, web development, and social media marketing services for the client, whose goal is to generate more online traffic and build their brand.

Philadelphia, pennsylvania
Rick Diamond
Adviser, Blind Squirrel

Bad Rhino’s contributions led to increased web traffic and better sales for the client, achieving the set objectives and pleasing the client. The agency is praised for their attentiveness and the client is happy to recommend Bad Rhino to others.

Please describe your work.

I’m an external adviser to a three-year old company called Blind Squirrel Apparel, out of Pottstown, Pennsylvania. They are a Web provider for imprinted apparel. The company is very small. There’s one principal and one employee.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I come from the apparel business, so those are the issues I advise them on.

What was your goal in working with Bad Rhino?

We hired them to generate more traffic to our website and to help build the brand through social media.

Bad Rhino does all our email campaigning and handles all our social media. They’re active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and a couple of others daily. We also have affiliation with some radio personalities, and so they help encourage those personalities to tweet, tying it all together.

Bad Rhino has also helped with our Web development and has been a liaison with our Web developer, with whom they have a very good relationship. As we’re getting the metrics out of the Web designer, we work with Bad Rhino on areas we want to penetrate and areas we feel that we’re not getting enough traffic. We tie everything together through Bad Rhino. They’re really responsible for executing all of this.

What was your process in selecting Bad Rhino with which to work?

The owner of the company was talking to a Web designer about frustrations he had with a previous company, and they then recommended Bad Rhino.

We have Bad Rhino on a retainer of $8,600 a month.

When did you start working with them, and are you still currently working with them?

The relationship started around April 2014, and we are still working with them.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback about their work?

We’ve seen traffic go up, so it’s been a very good relationship. The owner of the company is very happy with their performance to date. Our sales have certainly spiked. In the last two months, we have exceeded our sales for all of 2014. So, as for value, I think we are getting what we need from them. We may be paying more than other providers, but we’re getting our value out of what we pay them.

I feel very comfortable handing our whole Web presence and existence to them. Every Thursday morning I have breakfast with the owner of Bad Rhino and get updated on what’s going on. They’re very good at getting back to us, and they’re very attentive. We have outsourced all of our MIS/IT [management information system/information technology] type needs to them, and they’ve been very good.

No. I don’t think so.