Solving problems through strategy, design, & tech

With footprints in New York City, Dubai, and Riga. We create visual identities and digital experiences for a wide range of businesses that matter. From Start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, we solve problems through strategy, design, technology, and content production.

Brooklyn, NY
    United Arab Emirates
  • Ropazu iela 35 - 5
    Riga LV-1006
    Latvia

Truly Secure | Microsoft Partner OTTO Hotels L'Avenue  Baltic eSport League City of Liepaja Monalise RIYA Hotel Chantelle Kassin Sabbagh Realty  Bond Communicatoins Volante Dubai Suite 303 Forest City Ratner Companies Invesco Advisors Main Technologies  Cosme Collective GILK MILK Innovative Ventures DME Tuning

Hotel Branding Image

Hotel Branding

Otto Hotels

Brand development for L'Avenue  Image

Brand development for L'Avenue

Resturant branding for L'Avenue

E-commerce for DME Tuning Image

E-commerce for DME Tuning

Full brand and ecommerce for DME Tuning, an industry leader in automiative tuning.

Urban Standard Capital  Image

Urban Standard Capital

Visual identity and digital development for Urban Standard Capital

GILK Image

GILK

We were approached by GILK, a leasing conglomerate based in St. Petersburg and Moscow that provides a wide variety of equipment for construction, telecommunications, and railways to a forward-thinking customer. The brief was to come up with a brand that stands out from the current dull marketplace.

Branding Identity Development tor IT Services Firm

“They’re very professional, taking the time to understand our business early in the project.”

Sep. - Dec. 2019

Azai Studios handled a multi-faceted brand identification process for a managed IT and cybersecurity services company. Their work included designs for logos, a website, and collateral.

Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
Mitch Mobayed
CIO, Truly Secure

Impressing the internal staff, the team delivered end products that accurately reflected the growing brand. Their attention to detail allowed them to produce clean, sophisticated deliverables that took internal feedback and needs into account. They offered a personal touch to their work.

I’m the CRO at a manage IT services and cybersecurity firm based in the UAE. On the verge of expansion, we have several IT services that we provide to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. We’re taking a modernized approach to IT in regard to the Middle East because we noticed a market gap between the quality of service and affordability of payments.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

In terms of branding identity, our company was pretty premature. We wanted to change the name of our company from Truly Mobile to Truly Secure. Since both my partner and I aren’t from a creative background, we opted to hire Azai Studios.

We wanted something that represented the core of our company straightway, without it having to rely on our name or other descriptors. I provided them with my preferred color scheme, and we moved together in that direction. We also wanted something fresh that could last several years into the future without having to be retouched. They focused on delivering a modern, unique design, thinking about how we should present ourselves in comparison to our competitors in the market. Our feedback has resonated that as well.

In the end, they delivered a logo, business cards, graphics, social media content, and a redesign of our website.

I worked directly with three people, one of them being the founder and creative director.

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

They collaborated with our parent company, completely transforming the old, unattractive website into a high-quality site that brought in more business. There was a noticeable change, and I saw that they performed to a very high level. I wanted my company to have the same growth opportunity through their services. Of course, we know that our team is head and shoulders above the competition, but we needed our site to resonate that as well. That’s why we hired them.

We spent around $28,000. That gave us the brand identity, website design, logo, and other collateral.

We initiated contact in September 2019, and things started to get moving in October 2019. Everything was delivered by the end of December 2019.

In terms of giving us a recognizable brand identity, they hit it out of the park. The final look is fresh, clean, and modern. Friends and clients have mentioned that our new site is dynamic and easy to use. We’re in a better position to meet our clients’ needs after developing our brand identity.

Additionally, people are pleased with the visual aesthetics of our brand and site. We opted for a dark mode, which has also been appreciated. Because of the new flow of the site, users are able to find plenty of content on our solutions and product options. The flow paired with visual infographics that they created made it a lot easier for consumers to absorb information.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was very active on conference calls, reviewing designs and content that would be included on the site. They did a good job of recognizing what we wanted, and how that could be delivered in several different ways. It was a good experience overall.

They gave us access to their project management software, so we could see that they were making progress in various areas throughout the engagements. The provided visibility into the project was excellent. Additionally, communication was great. I’m the kind of guy that might message someone at midnight, and they handled that very well. I received quick responses from them.

My only speed bump was that sometimes my information wasn’t picked up on throughout our calls. However, when I requested fixes, they were absolutely able to resolve the problem.

They’re very professional, taking the time to understand our business early in the project. Their process of understanding our company and needs was excellent because they asked the right questions. Additionally, they made sure that their surveys and questionnaires were all in place to set them up for success. They were able to bring out what we were trying to achieve as a company, going into specific details about our operations. We may have paid them more money than other vendors would’ve charged, but we were given a high quality of service.

It may be a good idea for them to follow up on our conference calls with written emails confirming what was stated. That would make sure that we stayed on the same page. That’s the only thing I can think of—they delivered a great service. They offered a near-perfect service.

Understand what you’re aiming to get out of the development. They can’t create your company for you, so you need to provide them with a basic understanding of your business. That way, you’ll be in a better position to hit your target market.

They hit everything they needed to hit.

E-Commerce Development for Automotive Tuning Company

“They truly deliver on their promises.”

Feb. - Oct. 2018

Azai Studios built a Shopify platform from the ground up, populating with new content and logo designs. They also plan on supplementing the client’s marketing operations in the near future.

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Lalit Malik
CEO, DME Tuning

Their work introduced e-commerce to the client's business. The platform has been popular with its intended audience, paying for itself within two months of completion. Fostering a long-term relationship and ensuring smooth workflows, they communicated regularly and effectively.

I’m the president and co-founder of DME Tuning, and engine services company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

We wanted an e-commerce site that was better than what’s currently out there.

They created a unique Shopify platform for our products from scratch. Along the way, they also revamped our brand image and optimized our content for social media. Their team redesigned our logo and created media for the site as part of that effort. Though the site was completed, we had them do a round of revisions and updates recently. They added new products to the site.

Lately, we’ve been discussing their marketing offerings. I’d like them to take charge of our marketing operations in the near future. That hasn't started yet, though.

Harji (Creative Director, Azai Studios) was my main point of contact. I also spoke with Andrej (Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Azai Studios) about the project.

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

I met both Harji and Andrej through mutual friends and classmates. We met over two years ago, back when our business was quite new. At that time, we didn’t have the budget for an e-commerce site. But, we hired them when we got around to it.

We spent between $50,000–$100,000.

The main project lasted from January–October 2018.

To begin with, we didn’t have e-commerce before getting their help. The site has been doing incredibly well for us. The project paid for itself in two months.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We were in frequent communication with them over Slack, speaking about 2–3 times each week. In those conversations, they would show us their progress, and we could quickly approve it.

They truly deliver on their promises. Moving forward, I’m using them for similar projects.

It would’ve been nice to shorten the timeline a bit. However, it took an acceptable amount of time given the project’s scope. So, I can’t say I would ask for anything to be done differently.

Undoubtedly, they deserve a perfect score.
    I wish it costed less, but other providers’ prices were in the same ballpark.

Branding & Web Design for Financial Company

“It’s great, funny, and people remember it.”

July - Sept. 2018

Azai provided branding and website design services, working also on stationery designs for notepads, letterheads, and other branded collateral.

Russia
Anna Epifantseva
COO, GILK

They finished the branding project in two months, working quickly to create unique, creative, and well-received designs that customers find memorable and engaging. The team managed the work effectively, communicating through a variety of channels and responding rapidly.

GILK is a financial company based in Moscow and Saint Petersburg, Russia. I’m its COO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

The biggest challenge was creating a new brand. We’d had the last one for the last 10 years, so wanted something outstanding, that was different to everything else on the market. We’re a financial company and most of our competitors have quite dull branding. We were looking to be more fun and memorable. The problem was that we were running out of time, as we wanted to finish branding in two months.

They asked me a lot of questions and gave me an initial set of options for the design. I chose one, and we proceeded from there. Two months later, I received the deliverables of the branding, website design, and stationery designs for notepads, letterheads, and so on.

I worked with Harji (Founder and Executive Creative Director, Azai Studios).

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

They were recommended to me by a friend, then we had a two-hour call with them, in which we explained what we needed to do.

I chose them because I was interested in working with someone overseas, in order to differentiate my company from competitors. They used some international designers, who produced results that are more unusual for the Russian market.

They first estimated the work at around $35,000, but there were additional illustrations and material that brought the cost to $40,000.

We worked with them from July–September 2018.

We’re not a retail company, so we don’t measure these kinds of statistics. The customer feedback has been that it’s an unusual and international-looking website. It’s great, funny, and people remember it.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They delivered right on time, which is unusual in the design world. We communicated through WhatsApp, email, phone, and all other possible means, but we didn’t meet in person.

I’m not a designer myself, but they were helpful in giving me comments and advice on what to do with the branding. They were responsive to my comments and corrected everything quickly. It was great.

The only issue was with the development of our website. It’s in Russian, and Azai wasn’t able to do it, so I had to hire someone in Russia for the task. It would be great if they provided international website development too, as it’s better for the design and development teams to work together.

The work was quite expensive.

Branding & Web Dev for Information-Sharing Startup

“Aside from their superior design capabilities, their team is incredibly communicative.”

Azai Studios provided branding and web development services for a startup company. Deliverables included a website, branding collateral, and logos.

Sumit Ahuja
CEO & Founder, Main Technologies

Azai Studios delivered high-quality designs for both branding and website elements. In addition to their creativity, their communicative, customer-centric approach sets them apart. They're also competitively priced compared to other vendors.

I'm the CEO and founder of Main Technologies, a startup that provides a communication app service.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

We needed help developing our branding materials and building a website.

Azai Studios went over our requirements and design ideas in an initial meeting in order to develop a scope of work and set up timelines. We then met for multiple creative sessions to collaborate on the brand and filled out questionnaires to assist their team with the process. They designed various materials, including letterheads, email signatures, logos, and overall elements that defined the look and feel of the company's brand. They then developed wireframes and mockups for our website and developed it from scratch.

I worked directly with Harji (Founder & Creative Director, Azai Studios).

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

A friend of mine who had worked with them before recommended them. I was impressed by their history of work—the type of branding they'd done in the past spoke to me. They were also highly cost competitive.

We invested around $40,000–$50,000.

The entire project took about a year from start to finish, including all the iterations we requested.

The site hasn't gone live yet, but we're very happy with their work internally; we've received lots of positive feedback from testers. They were very responsive to all our iterations and requests throughout the process and exceeded our expectations.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They managed the project very well. They have access to a couple communication tools, including Asana and Jira, so they let us choose which platform we preferred.

Aside from their superior design capabilities, their team is incredibly communicative. They respond quickly to all of our emails and calls, and are always precise and to the point in their explanations.

Not really. However, if you have a more complex project than we did, I would image that they'd have to outsource additional resources, but I believe they're working on hiring additional staff.

They're very organized and quick to respond.
    They're very competitive compared to other vendors we reached out to.
    They exceeded expectations and their designs were on point with what we were looking for.