Solving problems through strategy, design, & tech

Azai Studios is an independent creative agency with footprints in New York, Dubai and Riga. We are curiosity-led, goal-focused and inspired by our desire to tell stories and create brands for a wide range of businesses that matter. We do this by solving problems through strategy, design, technology, and content production.

New York,

MILK

Innovative Ventures

DME Tuning

GILK

We were approached by GILK, a leasing conglomerate based in St. Petersburg and Moscow that provides a wide variety of equipment for construction, telecommunications, and railways to a forward-thinking customer. The brief was to come up with a brand that stands out from the current dull marketplace.

Branding & Web Design for Financial Company

“It’s great, funny, and people remember it.”

July - Sept. 2018

Azai provided branding and website design services, working also on stationery designs for notepads, letterheads, and other branded collateral.

Russia
Anna Epifantseva
COO, GILK

They finished the branding project in two months, working quickly to create unique, creative, and well-received designs that customers find memorable and engaging. The team managed the work effectively, communicating through a variety of channels and responding rapidly.

GILK is a financial company based in Moscow and Saint Petersburg, Russia. I’m its COO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

The biggest challenge was creating a new brand. We’d had the last one for the last 10 years, so wanted something outstanding, that was different to everything else on the market. We’re a financial company and most of our competitors have quite dull branding. We were looking to be more fun and memorable. The problem was that we were running out of time, as we wanted to finish branding in two months.

They asked me a lot of questions and gave me an initial set of options for the design. I chose one, and we proceeded from there. Two months later, I received the deliverables of the branding, website design, and stationery designs for notepads, letterheads, and so on.

I worked with Harji (Founder and Executive Creative Director, Azai Studios).

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

They were recommended to me by a friend, then we had a two-hour call with them, in which we explained what we needed to do.

I chose them because I was interested in working with someone overseas, in order to differentiate my company from competitors. They used some international designers, who produced results that are more unusual for the Russian market.

They first estimated the work at around $35,000, but there were additional illustrations and material that brought the cost to $40,000.

We worked with them from July–September 2018.

We’re not a retail company, so we don’t measure these kinds of statistics. The customer feedback has been that it’s an unusual and international-looking website. It’s great, funny, and people remember it.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They delivered right on time, which is unusual in the design world. We communicated through WhatsApp, email, phone, and all other possible means, but we didn’t meet in person.

I’m not a designer myself, but they were helpful in giving me comments and advice on what to do with the branding. They were responsive to my comments and corrected everything quickly. It was great.

The only issue was with the development of our website. It’s in Russian, and Azai wasn’t able to do it, so I had to hire someone in Russia for the task. It would be great if they provided international website development too, as it’s better for the design and development teams to work together.

The work was quite expensive.

Branding & Web Dev for Information-Sharing Startup

“Aside from their superior design capabilities, their team is incredibly communicative.”

Azai Studios provided branding and web development services for a startup company. Deliverables included a website, branding collateral, and logos.

Sumit Ahuja
CEO & Founder, Main Technologies

Azai Studios delivered high-quality designs for both branding and website elements. In addition to their creativity, their communicative, customer-centric approach sets them apart. They're also competitively priced compared to other vendors.

I'm the CEO and founder of Main Technologies, a startup that provides a communication app service.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

We needed help developing our branding materials and building a website.

Azai Studios went over our requirements and design ideas in an initial meeting in order to develop a scope of work and set up timelines. We then met for multiple creative sessions to collaborate on the brand and filled out questionnaires to assist their team with the process. They designed various materials, including letterheads, email signatures, logos, and overall elements that defined the look and feel of the company's brand. They then developed wireframes and mockups for our website and developed it from scratch.

I worked directly with Harji (Founder & Creative Director, Azai Studios).

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

A friend of mine who had worked with them before recommended them. I was impressed by their history of work—the type of branding they'd done in the past spoke to me. They were also highly cost competitive.

We invested around $40,000–$50,000.

The entire project took about a year from start to finish, including all the iterations we requested.

The site hasn't gone live yet, but we're very happy with their work internally; we've received lots of positive feedback from testers. They were very responsive to all our iterations and requests throughout the process and exceeded our expectations.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They managed the project very well. They have access to a couple communication tools, including Asana and Jira, so they let us choose which platform we preferred.

Aside from their superior design capabilities, their team is incredibly communicative. They respond quickly to all of our emails and calls, and are always precise and to the point in their explanations.

Not really. However, if you have a more complex project than we did, I would image that they'd have to outsource additional resources, but I believe they're working on hiring additional staff.

They're very organized and quick to respond.
    They're very competitive compared to other vendors we reached out to.
    They exceeded expectations and their designs were on point with what we were looking for.