Solving problems through strategy, design, & tech

With footprints in New York City, Dubai, and Riga. We create visual identities and digital experiences for a wide range of businesses that matter. From Start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, we solve problems through strategy, design, technology, and content production.

Brooklyn, NY
    United Arab Emirates
  • Ropazu iela 35 - 5
    Riga LV-1006
    Latvia

Truly Secure | Microsoft Partner OTTO Hotels L'Avenue  Baltic eSport League City of Liepaja Monalise RIYA Hotel Chantelle Kassin Sabbagh Realty  Bond Communicatoins Volante Dubai Suite 303 Forest City Ratner Companies Invesco Advisors Main Technologies  Cosme Collective GILK MILK Innovative Ventures DME Tuning
Hotel Branding Image

Hotel Branding

Otto Hotels

Brand development for L'Avenue  Image

Brand development for L'Avenue

Resturant branding for L'Avenue

E-commerce for DME Tuning Image

E-commerce for DME Tuning

Full brand and ecommerce for DME Tuning, an industry leader in automiative tuning.

Urban Standard Capital  Image

Urban Standard Capital

Visual identity and digital development for Urban Standard Capital

GILK Image

GILK

We were approached by GILK, a leasing conglomerate based in St. Petersburg and Moscow that provides a wide variety of equipment for construction, telecommunications, and railways to a forward-thinking customer. The brief was to come up with a brand that stands out from the current dull marketplace.

E-Commerce Development for Automotive Tuning Company

“They truly deliver on their promises.”

Feb. - Oct. 2018

Azai Studios built a Shopify platform from the ground up, populating with new content and logo designs. They also plan on supplementing the client’s marketing operations in the near future.

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Lalit Malik
CEO, DME Tuning

Their work introduced e-commerce to the client's business. The platform has been popular with its intended audience, paying for itself within two months of completion. Fostering a long-term relationship and ensuring smooth workflows, they communicated regularly and effectively.

I’m the president and co-founder of DME Tuning, and engine services company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

We wanted an e-commerce site that was better than what’s currently out there.

They created a unique Shopify platform for our products from scratch. Along the way, they also revamped our brand image and optimized our content for social media. Their team redesigned our logo and created media for the site as part of that effort. Though the site was completed, we had them do a round of revisions and updates recently. They added new products to the site.

Lately, we’ve been discussing their marketing offerings. I’d like them to take charge of our marketing operations in the near future. That hasn't started yet, though.

Harji (Creative Director, Azai Studios) was my main point of contact. I also spoke with Andrej (Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Azai Studios) about the project.

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

I met both Harji and Andrej through mutual friends and classmates. We met over two years ago, back when our business was quite new. At that time, we didn’t have the budget for an e-commerce site. But, we hired them when we got around to it.

We spent between $50,000–$100,000.

The main project lasted from January–October 2018.

To begin with, we didn’t have e-commerce before getting their help. The site has been doing incredibly well for us. The project paid for itself in two months.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We were in frequent communication with them over Slack, speaking about 2–3 times each week. In those conversations, they would show us their progress, and we could quickly approve it.

They truly deliver on their promises. Moving forward, I’m using them for similar projects.

It would’ve been nice to shorten the timeline a bit. However, it took an acceptable amount of time given the project’s scope. So, I can’t say I would ask for anything to be done differently.

Undoubtedly, they deserve a perfect score.
    I wish it costed less, but other providers’ prices were in the same ballpark.

Branding & Web Design for Financial Company

“It’s great, funny, and people remember it.”

July - Sept. 2018

Azai provided branding and website design services, working also on stationery designs for notepads, letterheads, and other branded collateral.

Russia
Anna Epifantseva
COO, GILK

They finished the branding project in two months, working quickly to create unique, creative, and well-received designs that customers find memorable and engaging. The team managed the work effectively, communicating through a variety of channels and responding rapidly.

GILK is a financial company based in Moscow and Saint Petersburg, Russia. I’m its COO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

The biggest challenge was creating a new brand. We’d had the last one for the last 10 years, so wanted something outstanding, that was different to everything else on the market. We’re a financial company and most of our competitors have quite dull branding. We were looking to be more fun and memorable. The problem was that we were running out of time, as we wanted to finish branding in two months.

They asked me a lot of questions and gave me an initial set of options for the design. I chose one, and we proceeded from there. Two months later, I received the deliverables of the branding, website design, and stationery designs for notepads, letterheads, and so on.

I worked with Harji (Founder and Executive Creative Director, Azai Studios).

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

They were recommended to me by a friend, then we had a two-hour call with them, in which we explained what we needed to do.

I chose them because I was interested in working with someone overseas, in order to differentiate my company from competitors. They used some international designers, who produced results that are more unusual for the Russian market.

They first estimated the work at around $35,000, but there were additional illustrations and material that brought the cost to $40,000.

We worked with them from July–September 2018.

We’re not a retail company, so we don’t measure these kinds of statistics. The customer feedback has been that it’s an unusual and international-looking website. It’s great, funny, and people remember it.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They delivered right on time, which is unusual in the design world. We communicated through WhatsApp, email, phone, and all other possible means, but we didn’t meet in person.

I’m not a designer myself, but they were helpful in giving me comments and advice on what to do with the branding. They were responsive to my comments and corrected everything quickly. It was great.

The only issue was with the development of our website. It’s in Russian, and Azai wasn’t able to do it, so I had to hire someone in Russia for the task. It would be great if they provided international website development too, as it’s better for the design and development teams to work together.

The work was quite expensive.

Branding & Web Dev for Information-Sharing Startup

“Aside from their superior design capabilities, their team is incredibly communicative.”

Azai Studios provided branding and web development services for a startup company. Deliverables included a website, branding collateral, and logos.

Sumit Ahuja
CEO & Founder, Main Technologies

Azai Studios delivered high-quality designs for both branding and website elements. In addition to their creativity, their communicative, customer-centric approach sets them apart. They're also competitively priced compared to other vendors.

I'm the CEO and founder of Main Technologies, a startup that provides a communication app service.

What challenge were you trying to address with Azai Studios?

We needed help developing our branding materials and building a website.

Azai Studios went over our requirements and design ideas in an initial meeting in order to develop a scope of work and set up timelines. We then met for multiple creative sessions to collaborate on the brand and filled out questionnaires to assist their team with the process. They designed various materials, including letterheads, email signatures, logos, and overall elements that defined the look and feel of the company's brand. They then developed wireframes and mockups for our website and developed it from scratch.

I worked directly with Harji (Founder & Creative Director, Azai Studios).

How did you come to work with Azai Studios?

A friend of mine who had worked with them before recommended them. I was impressed by their history of work—the type of branding they'd done in the past spoke to me. They were also highly cost competitive.

We invested around $40,000–$50,000.

The entire project took about a year from start to finish, including all the iterations we requested.

The site hasn't gone live yet, but we're very happy with their work internally; we've received lots of positive feedback from testers. They were very responsive to all our iterations and requests throughout the process and exceeded our expectations.

How did Azai Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They managed the project very well. They have access to a couple communication tools, including Asana and Jira, so they let us choose which platform we preferred.

Aside from their superior design capabilities, their team is incredibly communicative. They respond quickly to all of our emails and calls, and are always precise and to the point in their explanations.

Not really. However, if you have a more complex project than we did, I would image that they'd have to outsource additional resources, but I believe they're working on hiring additional staff.

They're very organized and quick to respond.
    They're very competitive compared to other vendors we reached out to.
    They exceeded expectations and their designs were on point with what we were looking for.