Digital Accessibility - for everyone

Axess Lab helps companies, governments and organizations with digital accessibility. We review websites, educate professionals, consult on accessibility and we build accessible apps from scratch including design, mockups, implementation, testing, deployment.

Stockholm, Sweden
  • Sankt Göransgatan 159
    Stockholm 112 17
  • Hälsingegatan 45
    Stockholm 113 31

European Council

We helped the council test their website together with users with disabilities, and adviced them on how to update the website to make it more accessible, and to comply with the WCAG guidelines.

Vaalo intranet

A series of reviews and meetings to help this finish company make their intranet accessible allowing sales to public sector bodies.

and 100+ more clients worldwide...

Prototype Development for Employee Management Tool

"They’re all at a senior level and share their knowledge generously."

Apr. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Axess Lab handled the development and testing of a proof-of-concept project. This involved in-depth interviews with industry experts to base the prototype on, as well as UX design and video production.

Stockholm, Sweden
Hanna Clerkestam
Founder, Instant Advisor

Thanks to this project, internal stakeholders were able to get a grip on what the solution is all about. Axess Lab is not only cost-effective but also capable of producing high-quality results.

I’m the founder of Instant Advisor, a digital tutor tool that makes it easier for employers to manage employees with super skills.

For what projects/services did your company hire Axess Lab?

I hired them to assist in the process of developing and testing a prototype.

The goals for the project were to find out the needs and demands from employers, employees, and coaches.

I was looking for expertise in digital accessibility and Axess Lab was recommended to me by a business contact.

We conducted interviews with experts, researchers, and HR managers. The output from those discussions was the basis for the prototype that we later tested on a chosen group of users. Axess Lab did all the technical project management, UX development, and testing. They also produced a short animated movie.

The team consisted of a project leader and a UX designer from Axess Lab and myself.

This project was critical for the business since it served as a proof of concept and was an important step for our stakeholders.

Project management was very effective, as I had great trust in the team. We focused on progress and achieving results rather than following up with constant reporting.

I’m very impressed with the level of expertise in the company. They’re all at a senior level and share their knowledge generously.

There's very little they could improve. Maybe they could grow their business so that they can take on even more projects with a focus on digital accessibility.

We had a smooth process.
    They offer great value for the money spent.
    Their service is beyond our expectations.
    I would strongly recommend Axess Lab.

Accessible App Dev for Job Matching Platform

“The app helps us to achieve our goals.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

Axess Lab developed a web application from scratch that allows employers to post text, photos, and videos to describe available jobs and allows job seekers to apply using only their voice or video.

Evalena Habel
Business Development, Iris

Axess Lab’s app helps people with disabilities to access job opportunities by eliminating the barriers and building bridges between employees and employers. The team is knowledgeable and thorough, taking time to understand the users’ needs. They offer responsive communication and transparency.

I work in business development for Iris, an education company. We coach people with disabilities to get a job. Iris is an external company that works for the unemployment office.

What challenge were you trying to address with Axess Lab?

Before we started developing the app, we interviewed the hiring companies and the group of people that needed the jobs most. We were granted money to develop our job matching app, and we needed someone to develop it for us. The app matches people with disabilities with companies that want to hire them.

In Sweden, if you’re an employee looking for a job, you have to go to an unemployment office.The idea is to not use a traditional CV or papers. The employer describes the job through a video, photos, and a little bit of text. Applicants have to answer a couple of questions to apply for the jobs and they can answer with a video or with just their voice.

They developed our web app from scratch. They thought through everything to make it as accessible as possible and used our accessibility rules for site impairment, cognitive disabilities, etc. They did the design and UI as well.

I coordinated with a project manager. If I had questions, I talked to the project manager and he’d contact his developers.

How did you come to work with Axess Lab?

I heard from other people that Axess Lab was excellent.

The project cost one million Swedish kronor (approximately $110,400 USD).

We started working together in May 2017 and the work is ongoing. They will complete the project at the end of March.

The app helps us to achieve our goals. Many people find it difficult to go out and look for a job. The community we serve is not especially talkative due to their social health problems. This app makes it possible for them to look for a job without having to visit the companies. It’s adapted for this group of people that needs it the most. It has a strong impact on what we’re doing.

How did Axess Lab perform from a project management standpoint?

They worked in an agile methodology. We used Jira where I could follow every step, allowing complete transparency. We had meetings every four weeks to go through everything. They always responded quickly to questions and tasks. They are truly good-hearted people, and they always focus on accessibility.

They spoke to me in simple language that I could comprehend and took the time to help me understand everything. They’re exceedingly patient and thorough. They helped me to make the right decisions.

Their skills and accessibility are impressive. They’re interested in people, and they take time for everyone involved in the project. There’s always good communication, and they’re nice people.

They’re growing and are short-staffed. They have to hire more people, and it takes new people time to know what to do, which is understandable.