Mobile development, Outsorcing, App development,

The Awesome Company is a software development company with its centers in Ukraine. Since 2010 we have done a great deal of Web, iOS and Android applications. Within few years we have gathered a team of high skilled and experienced developers, project managers and quality assurance engineers. As of today, we have performed over several dozens of full stack projects. We have rich experience in such technologies as image processing, audio encoding, video streaming and rich text editing.

Welcome to The Awesome Company!

Kharkiv, Ukraine

iOS/Android App Dev for Precious Metals Company

“They’re honest, transparent, and have their own professional opinions that they don’t hesitate to share.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

The Awesome Company is developing native mobile apps for both iOS and Android. The platform features content through videos, images, and text. Previously created wireframes guide the development process.

Montreal, Canada
Mobile Product Manager, Precious Metals Company

The Awesome Company consistently delivers high-quality code in accordance with project timelines. Their bilingual staff is forthcoming with communication and capable of completing tasks without hands-on management. They’re a hardworking team that can overcome a significant time zone difference.

I’m a mobile product manager for a precious metals company.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Awesome Company?

We had an outdated mobile application and needed to upgrade it. Despite the success of our website, we wanted to enhance our presence within the mobile market.

The Awesome Company built out native mobile apps for Android and iOS. While our internal team designed the app’s initial mockups, their primary responsibility was to develop the platform. Development is 95% complete, so the project will soon enter the QA stage.

The app is a new type of mobile platform with various categories and subcategories of media. It’s a diverse product that features a full scope of video, text, and images. The interface consists of news notifications and widgets that simplify the UX.

Beyond this project, The Awesome Company also helps us support and improve existing products. I can fully trust them to maintain vital technical configurations on both Android and iOS. We’ve hired them for four or five projects, and they’ve performed well each time.

They’ve allocated 5–6 people to our account. This includes a graphic designer and developers for both iOS and Android. Their team conducts the necessary QA testing.

How did you come to work with The Awesome Company?

They worked with us on previous projects, so we felt comfortable hiring them again. Initially, I spoke with them about the services they provide and how they approach different tasks. I was satisfied with all their answers, so the relationship evolved from there.

We started working together in March 2018, and the engagement is ongoing.

We’re still in the development stage, but I’ve yet to see any significant issues with their code. They’re diligent, productive, and quick. Their development team wields the technical expertise necessary to provide actionable feature suggestions and further improve the app. That collaborative approach fostered a positive relationship between our respective teams.

How did The Awesome Company perform from a project management standpoint?

We started the project by planning out each task, ordering them by priority and dictating how much time it should take to complete each request. Since then, they’ve managed the project internally. Their management team oversees the developers to make sure they stay on schedule. I’m happy with their ability to able to deliver each section of the project within the allotted timeline.

There’s a seven-hour time zone difference between us, but they’re always responsive despite that challenge. They’re available in the evening, so I never have to wait a day and a half for someone to get back to me. If we have any problems or questions, I’ll send them an email or use Slack. They usually respond within 20–30 minutes. We also communicate via Skype when necessary.

As a bilingual team, they speak both Russian and English exceedingly well. That makes QA testing and other interactions with my team possible without having to translate information. Their writing skills are excellent, too, so it’s easy to interact with them.

They’re honest, transparent, and have their own professional opinions that they don’t hesitate to share. As a result, we gave them access to all of our online systems in case of future IT issues. They handle most tasks without much oversight.

It’d be nice if they offered hybrid development for companies who aren’t interested in native applications.

I recommend using them. They’re able to help companies improve their situation.

Overall Score I trust them personally and as a company.
    Everything was done on time.
    They delivered within the project’s budget.
    I’d recommend them without hesitation.

App Bug Fixes for Dev Company

“I really enjoyed the online discussions and problem-solving I experienced with their project managers.”

Mar. - July 2018

After resolving a previous developer’s errors, The Awesome Company built out an iOS and Android app that sends unique videos and information each week. They instated compatibility for new Apple updates.

Israel
Founder, Development Agency

The Awesome Company delivered high caliber and error-free results. Via clear communication, they provided extensive and useful feedback to improve the specifications and end product. Managing the project through several digital tools made the collaboration seamless and transparent.

I’m the founder of a development agency that creates websites and mobile apps. We also use outsourced developers for this work.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Awesome Company?

We’d had to part ways with a previous vendor that had been developing one of our apps.  They had caused a lot of problems and setbacks in the schedule. I was looking for a new team that could adequately provide the same services.

The Awesome Company worked with us on an app that supports women throughout their pregnancy. It delivers useful content like videos, texts, annotations, and Q&As with doctors on a weekly basis. Users can upload test results or images of themselves to feature in a digital album. The app is relatively simple, but sending unique content with notifications at the beginning of each week required a complicated structure.

Our specifications outlined new materials and graphics to add or improve and maintenance fixes for the app’s compatibility with update OS versions. Most of the team’s responsibilities involved recovering the app from the un-professional work done by the previous developer. After finishing all the critical tasks for the android app, they also resolved additional non-urgent bugs.

Following the acceptable work done on the Android platform, we requested them to work on the iOS version of the app. The Awesome Company made specific adjustments to account for changes Apple introduced in iOS 11 and the SDK updates. Previously, our app had only been compatible with iOS 8 or 9. The team pinpointed issues to fix and offered recommendations. Together, we figured out what needed to change and what could remain the same.

I worked with two project managers from The Awesome Company. Since I don’t speak Russian, this worked much better than trying to speak directly with the developers.

How did you come to work with The Awesome Company?

I found The Awesome Company through a referral. Another development agency who was helping us with a web application recommended them. I reached out to Yevgen (Co-Founder/CTO, The Awesome Company) to initiate contact.

We spent about $11,000–$12,000.

We worked together from March–July 2018. I will contact them again for some other work and continuous tasks on the above app which they worked on with us.

I’m very happy with The Awesome Company’s work. During QA, we fixed any rejections and new bugs that came up. We were quite satisfied with the clean results they delivered.

How did The Awesome Company perform from a project management standpoint?

I was very impressed by The Awesome Company’s project management style. Thanks to their meticulous hour count, we were always aware of the details. They gave us a lot of good feedback on the specs. I really enjoyed the online discussions and problem-solving I experienced with their project managers. Their fluent writing and oral discussion skills in English were very useful.

We used the Awesome Company’s online communication service to share screens and chat online. Sharing screens on both mobile devices and computers made it very easy to explain what we needed and notice problems on the fly. We used Google Drive and Google Sheets to share data. For emergency feedback, we used Messenger.

The Awesome Company worked quickly and had a good process in place. Their strong communication skills are uncommon among development companies. They were very efficient and thorough about development and reporting. I received reports that detailed exactly how they spent each hour of work. Ultimately, the results were great.

No, it was a perfect experience. I was sorry to learn that they don’t have a web development team in-house which is experienced with my specific web development needs. My company mostly does web development work, and I wish I could assign The Awesome Company those projects.

Native App Dev for Precious Metals Company

"The team is highly qualified and stands out from other vendors I’ve worked with."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

The Awesome Company implements solutions and provides maintenance for multiple mobile applications. One app tracks real-time data and a UX design that targeted older users.

Montreal, Canada
Director of IT, Precious Metals Company

The app has received positive user feedback. The Awesome Company goes above and beyond to deliver timely and cost-effective solutions. They’re a bilingual team that employs immediate communication to solve issues and increase efficiency.

I am the former director of IT for a precious metals company. I was in charge of mobile application development.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Awesome Company?

We had 50 stakeholders involved with numerous applications on different platforms. We had a hard time fixing issues with so many consultants managing those applications. This problem prompted us to hire The Awesome Company to maintain our existing apps. We wanted a vendor with wide-ranging expertise on the architecture, Windows, and iOS and Android mobile applications.

In addition to maintenance, they created and then implemented solutions for iOS and Android apps. One of our applications provided the price of gold in real-time, which supported our business model as a buyer and seller of precious metals. The Awesome Company created an eBay version of the app targeted to users between 45–65 years old. We provided the wireframes and functionality specifications.

We interact with the project managers and have worked with up to five developers.

How did you come to work with The Awesome Company?

A friend of ours referred them.

We’ve spent around $20,000–$25,000 CAD ($15,157–$18,946 USD).

We started working with them in March 2017 and the partnership is still ongoing.

The has fast UX that provides accurate prices in real time. Users are satisfied with the solution and have provided positive feedback.

How did The Awesome Company perform from a project management standpoint?

The Awesome Company is always on budget and have invested more time in the process than we expected from them. The communication between teams is efficient in both English and Russian. Video conferences are short and condense. We record issues in Jira.

The team is highly qualified and stands out from other vendors I’ve worked with. They are knowledgeable about technology and architecture, and save us time by communicating issues immediately. I’ve worked with other partners that didn’t push us in that manner because they just wanted the money. Instead, The Awesome Company comes back to us to provide time- and money-saving suggestions.

Overall Score I had a really good experience with them.