Disruptive Branding Studio

AtticSalt is a Scottsdale creative studio that is hyper-focused in crafting exceptional brand identities and campaigns for innovative products and organizations . We have a knack for disruption, creating human experiences and building brands with a cult-like following.

Scottsdale, AZ
  • 7340 E Main Street, Suite 125
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251
  • Spain

Google, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, The Joint Chiropractic, Sage Dental, OneAZ Credit Union, Pawgo, Phoenix Art Museum, Aline Architecture, Skor

Branding Support for Wellness Center

"They went above and beyond and didn't hold anything back that was on their mind."

Jan. - Apr. 2019

AtticSalt Branding provided branding support for a company looking to define and unify its presence. They conducted brainstorming sessions and produced a logo, brand framework, and business model ideas.

Meghana Thanki
Naturopathic Doctor, Viva Ananda

The work satisfied expectations and is used for meetings with potential investors and branding purposes. The AtticSalt Branding team was energetic, caring, and provided a high level of service during the engagement. They were easy to work with, even during long sessions.

I work with a company called Viva Ananda that is an up and coming center for wellness in Scottsdale Arizona. I am one of the owners and specialize in naturopathic medicine.

For what projects/services did your company hire AtticSalt Branding?

We were looking for general branding help as well as helping us come up a bit with the model of business that fit the branding given that we are many individuals coming together to serve the community. We also needed to get clear on logo, colors, etc.

To come away with a model of business that we felt good about and unified with as well as have as brand framework to work with

We called around to about 4 different companies and they all ranged in pricing. We had an initial meeting with Attic salt and felt they were personable, within a good range as far as budget and the process was going to be fun and enlightening.

We had a couple sessions where we put everything that was on our mind onto the table. We did some fun exercises that got us thinking

the owner and one other person that we continually worked with

We will now be using this information to present to investors and use for our own branding materials.

Very effective. Our meetings were sometimes 4-8 hours and they made it fun, productive, and always had snacks/brain fuel available.

They went above and beyond and didn't hold anything back that was on their mind. They helped us decipher some business models as well as came up with the branding and logo and other marketing and brand framework.

Not really

They made weekends work and were very flexible.
    We inquired with a few different companies and they were much more than Attic salt. Attic salt fit right into our budget.
    Great. Graphics were wonderful.
    Very likely. They listened to us and helped get fulfill our needs

Branding and Web Design for a Law Firm

“They love what they do, and that spills over to their interactions with their clients.”

AtticSalt Branding established a new image for a law firm. After background research sessions, they created essential aspects of the brand identity, including the logo, marketing materials, and website.

Phoenix, Arizona
Jeff Craven
Owner, Craven Law Firm

The logo and other design elements elevate brand perception in the marketplace. AtticSalt Branding was a dedicated partner. They were committed to returning meaningful materials that encapsulated the brand mission.

I'm the owner of a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

I was in partnership with another lawyer, but we split off and I re-established myself as a singular entity. I wanted to redesign and rebuild my website.

We went through an exploration process that set up a brand that was unique to me. We sat down at least a couple of times to explore who I was, what I do, and my message and core values. They did a lot of background research and came up with a logo, business card, and overall look for the brand. We then applied that to the website. They were very involved and expended a lot of effort to come up with all the critical aspects of the brand identity, including our tagline. All the materials flow together and frame me very well.

I was mainly in contact with the owner. I know he had a team working for him, but I'm not sure of the exact forces behind him.

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

I was in a networking group with their owner. I went to see him about this rebrand around the time he was establishing his company.

Throughout our collaboration, I've probably spent between $10,000-$25,000.

The whole project took place over a few months in 2016, but we still have occasional follow up conversations for new ways to promote my firm.

I get a lot of positive feedback on the design of my business cards. The logo they created makes me look like a big company with a substantial corner on the market.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They're excellent project managers. Our communication is through a mix of phone, email, and in-person meetings, and they tailored our interactions to fit my needs. During the process, we were in touch every couple of weeks.

Their skills, dedication, and passion for their work are all impressive. They love what they do, and that spills over to their interactions with their clients. They care about creating meaningful materials.

I don't have anything they should improve. I have a level of trust in them, and I didn't have any issues. They may not be the quickest or the most economical choice, but they're certainly the best.

Budget your time, be patient, and be openminded.

Naming and Branding for Pet Grooming Company

“They did an outstanding job of managing the project and delivering it on time.”

AtticSalt Branding helped a pet care service provider revamp its brand to reach digital audiences more effectively. Based on collaboration with in-house staff, they came up with a new name and logo.

Srini Vasan
CEO, Pawgo

Their team’s talent and originality resulted in a high-quality final product. Branding exercises helped them hone in on the organization’s key values and creatively incorporate them into the rebrand. Top-notch project management helped make the process smooth from start to finish.

I’m the CEO of Pawgo. We’re a mobile platform for pet-care service providers. We offer everything from vans to a scheduling system and answering service—all the necessary infrastructure to allow someone to run a pet-care business.

What challenge were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

We have a 40-year-old brand, and our original name didn’t resonate with prospective customers. We hired AtticSalt Branding to help us reinvent ourselves for the digital age.

We didn’t give them much direction other than to explain that we wanted a name and image that resonated with mobile, on-demand pet services. They performed market research and strategized for us, then came back with three name choices. We met and went through several brand identity exercises in order to flesh out the concept more fully, which included them learning more about our staff and company culture. Based on the results of those exercises, they gave us their recommendations, and we chose a name. After that, they designed our logo.

We worked directly with their CEO, as well as a designer and a content writer.

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

I received a referral from a professional acquaintance.

The project ran from September–December 2017.

The final product is exactly what we wanted the rebrand to look like, and we were able to trademark it successfully. We’ve also seen a significant uptick in business as a result.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve worked on projects like this for a number of high-profile companies, and AtticSalt Branding is one of the most impressive partners I’ve worked with. They did an outstanding job of managing the project and delivering it on time.

In terms of communication, we primarily kept in touch via email, but we also had face-to-face meetings.

With a branding agency, you want to see creativity, and that’s what stands out about them. They’re original, creative, and talented. I got what I paid for in terms of their ability to define our brand and design the materials.

I can’t think of anything.

Be very clear on your motive for hiring them and then allow them the freedom to do their job during the discovery process. Don’t try to steer them in a particular direction.

Brand Creation for Integrative Medical Practice

“I was impressed by their attention to detail and ability to convey our personality through our brand.”

July - Oct. 2015

After a series of thorough discovery workshops, AtticSalt Branding developed a comprehensive brand package, which included a name, logo, mission statement, messaging, font, and color palette.

Matthew Hernandez, ND
Co-Owner & Physician, Ethos Integrative Medicine

The new brand identity was memorable and stood out from other medical practices. AtticSalt Branding took the time to understand the business before making suggestions. Their thoughtful approach combined with their creative talent make them excellent options for future work.

I’m the co-owner of and physician at Ethos Integrative Medicine. Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, we specialize in hormone therapy and regenerative medicine for individuals wanting to maintain an active lifestyle.

For what projects/services did your company hire AtticSalt Branding?

We hired AtticSalt Branding to help us develop a brand and give us a clear, concise message of who we are.

Our primary objective was to develop a brand that stood out from other medical clinics and showcased our unique personality.

After our search, we interviewed two branding companies and found that AtticSalt Branding best understood what we wanted. They took the time to get to know what our strengths were and used that to develop our branding.

We first started with a few discovery sessions, which they used to get a feel for our personality, strengths, weaknesses, approach, and medical philosophy. We told them the feel that we were going for and how we wanted to be perceived.

We also used this time to point out what we didn't want in our branding. For example, everyone in our profession uses blue and green as their primary colors and shares other similarities, which we wanted to avoid.

Following the discovery sessions, AtticSalt Branding presented a few identity pieces, including potential names, list of values, vision, mission statement, and more. Once we picked the theme that we liked, they went back to determine colors, fonts, logos, and other visual assets. They presented us with the final copy, which we still use to this day.

Rani (CEO & Brand Strategist, AtticSalt Branding) served as our main contact, but he also had a team of people with him.

To this day, we absolutely love our brand. We constantly get compliments on the logo and colors, and our new patients comment on how much we stand out from other medical practices. On top of that, many people who’ve seen our brand find it easy to remember.

We recently hired a company to improve our SEO but were worried that they might modify our site to be more cookie-cutter. However, our brand was strong enough to withstand the revamp and continues to distinguish itself.

AtticSalt Branding completed the project in a timely manner. All team members were professional and communicated clearly with us.

I was impressed by their attention to detail and ability to convey our personality through our brand. They hit the nail on the head with every single thing.

At the time, they were a young company that still had small improvements to make in their processes, but I can’t remember anything off the top of my head. I would definitely hire them again for future projects.