Disruptive Branding Studio

GOLD VERIFIED

Based in Scottsdale, AtticSalt is a disruptive branding studio that is hyper-focused in crafting seasoned brand identities for innovative products and organizations. Their humble but mighty team of experts has a knack for telling captivating stories and building brands that cut through the noise of a crowded marketplace.

Scottsdale, AZ
  • 7340 E Main Street, Suite 125
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Google, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Red Rover, The Joint Chiropractic, Sage Dental, OneAZ Credit Union, Pawgo, Phoenix Art Museum.

Replay Urgent Care Branding Image

Mindfulness Studio Branding

Mindfulness Studio Branding

Korol Branding & Packaging Image

Korol Branding & Packaging

Custom designed brand and marketing materials for Korol, a leading illumination technology for indoor cannabis grow.

Branding and Web Design for Google Developers Group Image

Branding and Web Design for Google Developers Group

Google Developers Group contracted AtticSalt to create a fresh, new design that would follow the design standards of the Google development communities. Through extensive research of the Google Developers Group in Buenos Aires, AtticSalt was able to conceptualize a localized image for an international tech giant. The result was a whole suite of consistent branding which included stationary, totes, subway ads, logos, and digital

redesign.
Branding for Aline Architecture  Image

Branding for Aline Architecture

AtticSalt worked with Aline Architecture to completely rebrand. Aline felt that their brand identity no longer reflected the values of the company.  The new brand identity was a clean, refreshing beginning for the company. The results included new ads, a new logo, a redesigned website, and aesthetically pleasing stationery.

Reina Rebuilds Brand Identity Image

Reina Rebuilds Brand Identity

Reina Rebuilds Brand Identity

Branding for Aline Architecture Image

Branding for Aline Architecture

Brand Identity, Logo, & Material Dev for Experiential Salon

"I’m most impressed by their communication skills and ability to develop a brand."

Aug. 2020 - Ongoing

An experiential salon engaged AtticSalt Branding to develop brand mockups, a pitch deck, and logos. They created a brand identity including positioning and messaging. They continue to provide branding services.

Benjamin Rosen
Founder & CEO, Lemon London

AtticSalt Branding produced an impressive brand identity that satisfied requirements. By understanding the client’s goals, the team is able to offer valuable guidance. A superiorly professional organization, AtticSalt effectively communicates and provides high-quality deliverables on time.

I’m the founder and CEO of a brand called Lemon London. We’re an experiential salon concept that’s essentially a café, juice bar, and nail salon.

What challenge were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

Essentially, we needed to develop brand language, a pitch deck, brand mockups, and logos.

AtticSalt helped build a brand identity and position the brand. They developed my brand language too. Their team gave me the language to describe the business in a way that ensures a person understands it. They essentially took me through all of the brand book processes.

I directly worked with two people including Rani (CEO & Chief Strategist).

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

My architect introduced me to AtticSalt. I spent about an hour on the phone with the CEO and our ways of thinking aligned. He presented fantastic ideas, and I knew this team could help develop my brand into what it could be.

I’ve invested $20,000 in their services so far.

Our partnership began in August 2020, and it’s ongoing.

AtticSalt’s one of the most professional agencies with which I’ve ever worked. I’m impressed by their branding initiatives, which they nail. They understand what I’m trying to do.

I’ve worked with a lot of designers over the year, and it’s not often that you find an agency that delivers work at an elevated level in a timely fashion like AtticSalt that.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management and communication are stellar. We mostly communicate via phone, email, or Zoom. They’re on time.

No, everything’s great.

Do your research. The more prepared you are, the more they can deliver in return.

Logo, Branding Framework & Launch for K12 Software Company

"They’re perfectionists, so their team does everything extremely well."

Sep. 2019 - Ongoing

AtticSalt Branding developed a brand identity and strategy for a K-12 software company. The team created a name and website as well as a logo and a brand framework. They provide ongoing design services.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Co-Founder, K-12 Software Company

AtticSalt Branding delivered a brand identity including a color scheme that received positive feedback and supported the business’s growth. Their attentiveness helps the engagement remain on task. The team holds itself to high standards, which ensures its delivery of impressive work products.

We’re a software company that serves the K-12 market.

What challenge were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

We hired them to create a logo and company name.

We had a pitch deck that included our mission and vision that AtticSalt helped us begin to market. They created a name, logo, and brand framework. That included the color palette and the design. Their team essentially ran our design initiative, designing our print collateral and website, which they rolled out. Their team was also responsible for our messaging and positioning. AtticSalt continues to function as our design team.

We normally work with 2–4 people from AtticSalt. There’s one main person, Rani (CEO & Chief Strategist).

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

I personally wasn’t involved in the initial search for agencies. However, I know how it happened. We used Clutch and its filters to narrow our search. That helped us to find an agency that matched us. We had about ten options and called about 6–7 for a quick interview. Eventually, we chose AtticSalt.

We spend $6,800 a month on their services.

Our company started working with AtticSalt around September 2019, but I first engaged them in January 2020. We’re still working with them on a monthly retainer.

The brand was extremely well received, including the logo and colors. We have 200-plus school districts, so it’s a good start. COVID-19 was in the middle of this rollout, which was a challenge. However, we’re pleased with the results so far.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team uses Asana and Slack. We like those tools and use them too. We have weekly calls to make sure that we’re on point and strategy. They’re responsive and organized.

I’m most impressed by the quality of their work. AtticSalt does everything at a high-level. They’re perfectionists, so their team does everything extremely well.

They didn’t know the K-12 space, which was a challenge. However, their team said marketing is marketing. It works no matter what, and they picked up the space well.

This is my first time fully managing an outsourced agency. We stayed tactical over the last six months as opposed to strategic. It’s not their fault because we’re hiring them for basically 20-hours a week. They want to get it done right, so I haven’t seen a lot of speed.

Branding & Marketing Services for Real Estate Brokerage

"Their designers have a unique perspective that helps to reach certain aspects of the market."

Sept. 2019 - Ongoing

Following several branding sessions, AtticSalt Branding developed a brand identity. They designed a logo and identified brand colors. They helped to create a business vision, statement, and development plan

Mesa, Arizona
Brandon Barrett
Owner & Designated Broker, Nu Home Connect

After exhaustively exploring the business’s objectives, AtticSalt Branding delivered valuable business and marketing strategies. The team developed a brand identity that effectively targets the client’s audience. Their timeliness and communicativeness support an ongoing marketing partnership.

I’m the owner and designated broker of a real estate brokerage.

What challenge were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

We basically needed to build our brand from the ground up.

Basically, we created an overall business development plan with them. We had about three four-hour sessions with AtticSalt. During the sessions, we sat down with a few of their employees to discuss our business including marketing efforts. We went through keywords that encapsulated our business and target marketing. We discussed our vision, target audience, and business statement too. Outside of a logo and colors, they helped us to define where the company should go.

They ultimately created a logo that resonated with our audience. Their team still does advertising, print marketing, and branding work for us.

Our main point of contact was Rani (CEO and Chief Strategist). We also worked with two business development team members.

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

I found them on Google and went through their online portfolio. Their work resonated with my style. We sat down, had a meeting, and moved forward.

We spent about $25,000 on their services.

We started working together around September 2019, and our partnerships ongoing.

They dove into our goals and audience and then created a brand that's completely different from other real estate companies. Our brand’s more approachable to our target audience. Everyone that has seen the brand likes it.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via text, calls, and email. Their team’s super responsive. We also have in-person and office meetings. Their team meets deadlines. They’re communicative too.

Their designers have a unique perspective that helps to reach certain aspects of the market. Their business development team’s great too. Before we started the branding process, we dialed into what we wanted to put out there.

No business is perfect. It's not part of our contract, but it would be nice to have them see through more of the actual presentations. It would be helpful if they could move a design on paper down the road.

Have an idea of what you want going into the project. Gather your thoughts and know your brand's story.

Branding & Web Design for Non-Profit

"The team at AtticSalt Branding’s work opened the door for major partnerships."

Aug. - Dec. 2019

A global nonprofit hired AtticSalt Branding to enhance their brand to attract new partnerships. The team at AtticSalt Branding created templates, designed pitch decks, and developed a landing page.

Dublin, Ireland
Erin Boyd
Consultant, ChangeX

AtticSalt Branding's creative team went above and beyond, delivering high-quality content and designs that attracted new partnerships. Their transparent and clear project management style makes them stand out. Customers can expect an innovative team with fresh ideas.

I was a consultant at ChangeX, a global nonprofit organized based in Dublin. As an organization, they provide microgrants to community members looking to start community-based projects and organizations. They have about 100 different tasks on their platform, including block parties or environmental projects.

When I was working with them, they were partnering on a big project with Microsoft to provide microgrants to Microsoft partner cities.

What challenge were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

We worked with AtticSalt Branding on two main components of the project.

One aspect of the engagement was to provide a pitch deck for future partnerships and fundraising and reporting purposes. It was a brand enhancement. AtticSalt Branding took the best parts of ChangeX’s brand, elevating them in a more contemporary style while maintaining the core values of it. They also created templates for reports and pitches.

The other aspect was a landing page for prospective partners. The page talks about the main program, benefits, and why companies should partner with them.

There were likely more people behind the scenes, but I directly worked with Rani (CEO & Chief Strategist) and one of their designers in Spain.

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

I’m part of another community that’s nonprofit accelerator organization in the Phoenix area, and Rani is based here as well. They send out a monthly newsletter, and in one of them, they highlighted AtticSalt Branding as an innovative local business.

That stuck with me because we needed branding help. In July 2019, I was in Ireland meeting with ChangeX. When I was there, I said that we definitely needed more professional branding and marketing support. I emailed Rani from my hotel there, and he thought I was in the Phoenix area and called me in the middle of the night.

As soon as I got back from there, I had my first meeting with Rani and signed the contract after that.

It was around $10,000. But since we’re a nonprofit, the value is more than likely between $20,000–$25,000.

We worked with them from August–December 2019.

I was blown away by the designer’s quality of work. It was world-class design work. It increased our level of communication and clarity with our main donors. It also helped bring in three new partners. We also expanded our Microsoft partnership. The team at AtticSalt Branding’s work opened the door for major partnerships.

Since I left the team, they recently launched the website, which is more than likely bringing in new leads. During our end of the year board meeting, one of the highlights was the brand update and PowerPoint template that they now use for everything.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They were absolutely stellar when it came to project management. Throughout, there were regular check-ins with set expectations for communication. Rani workshopped ideas with us, gave us feedback, and provided overall creative direction training. We also used Slack.

AtticSalt Branding went above and beyond to give us an exceptional project.

Even if we needed a fast turnaround, they helped to refine our pitch deck for potential partners, so we could have the confidence to land those deals.

Their out-of-the-box thinking makes them stand out. Their team blends their design skills and clear communication with fresh ideas. The creativity of their team would make me want to work with them again.

Given the scope of the contract, they went above and beyond. I feel like, in some cases, they pushed the box so far that the nonprofit was unsure if it would land with our partners. Nonprofits are usually traditional, and Rani’s team pushes the envelope.

Clients should know that they’re working with a creative agency. To start off, customers should have a workshop with their team to communicate core values and other processes. If they understand the organization, they can understand what the client is trying to do and communicate it as effectively as possible.

Overall Score Definitely. It was great.

Brand Identity & Marketing Content for Architecture Studio

"I appreciated their strong communication."

June - Sept. 2017

AtticSalt Branding provided branding services to an architectural firm. This included redesigning a logo and creating marketing guidelines to create consistency across the organization.

Brian Laubenthal
Principal, Aline Architecture Concepts

AtticSalt Branding helped the client achieve a consistent and professional identity. The team exhibited strong communication, expertise, and knowledge that helped drive the project forward.

I’m the principal of an architectural firm. We help clients with the full design process from creating blueprints, getting permits, and doing construction. We work with a variety of clients from developers to commercial entrepreneurs and restauranteurs.

What challenges were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

We had a logo and company name, but we wanted to refine our brand and make it more professional.

They took us through the branding process and helped us identify our values in a concise way. They also redesigned our logo, created content, and put together marketing guidelines. Their team also helped with some of the story writing behind what our brand does.

We worked with Rani (CEO) and one other team member.

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

We met Rani through a networking group. We hadn’t considered branding services before, but upon speaking with Rani about what branding is and how it could help us, we decided to engage their services.

We invested about $25,000.

We worked together from June–September 2017.

They helped us make our brand more consistent across the board. The quality of our appearance online is aligned with the quality of our work. It’s also helped us hone in on who our clientele is and increase transparency.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They did great. I appreciated their strong communication. They provided deadlines and met them. There were some tasks where we didn’t have strict deadlines, but they did a great job of ensuring we were making progress and hitting milestones.

We met in person about once per week, and we also communicated via email and phone.

They have experience and knowledge of the branding process. I appreciated Rani’s authority in the space.

No, not really.

It’s helpful to understand the importance of branding overall and how it can help your business.

Web Dev & Branding for Education Management Company

"They got personally invested in understanding our brand, they're a real partner."

Oct. 2019 - Feb. 2020

AtticSalt Branding developed a website and provided branding services for an education management company. The team established a visual identity for the company.

Exton, Pennsylvania
Mike Sheldon
Founder & CTO, Red Rover

The branding has recieved positive feedback from the internal team, colleagues, and members of the target market. AtticSalt Branding establishes a seamless workflow to ensure effective communication. The team is hard-working, efficient, and experienced.

Red Rover delivers modern software solutions for K-12 Education administrators. I am a co-founder and CTO.

For what projects/services did your company hire AtticSalt Branding?

We needed to develop our visual and verbal brand identity from scratch including finalizing a name selection, web site, print collateral, etc.

Launch our brand and initial website

I was not heavily involved, but reviewed Attic Salt along with a couple other agencies. Their personal yet professional approach seemed to fit where we were taking our brand; their strengths fit our needs; and their price was reasonable (not cheap but not exorbitant).

• Brand identity
  • Logo and visual identity including colors, illustrations, and brand guide
  • Website
  • Business cards and other print collateral
  • Powerpoint/Keynote template

We mainly interacted with Rani and Kathy. They were great and even came onsite for our brand workshop. They worked with the rest of their team and their technical partner to produce everything for us.

We launched the brand on time despite having a few hiccups on our side (a name change early in the process and some late stage logo revisions). In the end we've received numerous complements from our colleagues and target market about all aspects of the brand.

Communication via slack & video calls was seamless - like they were part of our team. The in person workshop is absolutely worth the time and effort.

They know branding - not just logo or website design - and can speak to theory behind it. They got personally invested in understanding our brand, they're a real partner.

There were a few times that we had to ask for a status update when they had gone dark working on stuff, but they were always more than willing to give us a slack update or get on a call right away.

Branding Support for Wellness Center

"They went above and beyond and didn't hold anything back that was on their mind."

Jan. - Apr. 2019

AtticSalt Branding provided branding support for a company looking to define and unify its presence. They conducted brainstorming sessions and produced a logo, brand framework, and business model ideas.

Meghana Thanki
Naturopathic Doctor, Viva Ananda

The work satisfied expectations and is used for meetings with potential investors and branding purposes. The AtticSalt Branding team was energetic, caring, and provided a high level of service during the engagement. They were easy to work with, even during long sessions.

I work with a company called Viva Ananda that is an up and coming center for wellness in Scottsdale Arizona. I am one of the owners and specialize in naturopathic medicine.

For what projects/services did your company hire AtticSalt Branding?

We were looking for general branding help as well as helping us come up a bit with the model of business that fit the branding given that we are many individuals coming together to serve the community. We also needed to get clear on logo, colors, etc.

To come away with a model of business that we felt good about and unified with as well as have as brand framework to work with

We called around to about 4 different companies and they all ranged in pricing. We had an initial meeting with Attic salt and felt they were personable, within a good range as far as budget and the process was going to be fun and enlightening.

We had a couple sessions where we put everything that was on our mind onto the table. We did some fun exercises that got us thinking

the owner and one other person that we continually worked with

We will now be using this information to present to investors and use for our own branding materials.

Very effective. Our meetings were sometimes 4-8 hours and they made it fun, productive, and always had snacks/brain fuel available.

They went above and beyond and didn't hold anything back that was on their mind. They helped us decipher some business models as well as came up with the branding and logo and other marketing and brand framework.

Not really

They made weekends work and were very flexible.
    We inquired with a few different companies and they were much more than Attic salt. Attic salt fit right into our budget.
    Great. Graphics were wonderful.
    Very likely. They listened to us and helped get fulfill our needs

Branding and Web Design for a Law Firm

“They love what they do, and that spills over to their interactions with their clients.”

AtticSalt Branding established a new image for a law firm. After background research sessions, they created essential aspects of the brand identity, including the logo, marketing materials, and website.

Phoenix, Arizona
Jeff Craven
Owner, Craven Law Firm

The logo and other design elements elevate brand perception in the marketplace. AtticSalt Branding was a dedicated partner. They were committed to returning meaningful materials that encapsulated the brand mission.

I'm the owner of a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

I was in partnership with another lawyer, but we split off and I re-established myself as a singular entity. I wanted to redesign and rebuild my website.

We went through an exploration process that set up a brand that was unique to me. We sat down at least a couple of times to explore who I was, what I do, and my message and core values. They did a lot of background research and came up with a logo, business card, and overall look for the brand. We then applied that to the website. They were very involved and expended a lot of effort to come up with all the critical aspects of the brand identity, including our tagline. All the materials flow together and frame me very well.

I was mainly in contact with the owner. I know he had a team working for him, but I'm not sure of the exact forces behind him.

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

I was in a networking group with their owner. I went to see him about this rebrand around the time he was establishing his company.

Throughout our collaboration, I've probably spent between $10,000-$25,000.

The whole project took place over a few months in 2016, but we still have occasional follow up conversations for new ways to promote my firm.

I get a lot of positive feedback on the design of my business cards. The logo they created makes me look like a big company with a substantial corner on the market.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They're excellent project managers. Our communication is through a mix of phone, email, and in-person meetings, and they tailored our interactions to fit my needs. During the process, we were in touch every couple of weeks.

Their skills, dedication, and passion for their work are all impressive. They love what they do, and that spills over to their interactions with their clients. They care about creating meaningful materials.

I don't have anything they should improve. I have a level of trust in them, and I didn't have any issues. They may not be the quickest or the most economical choice, but they're certainly the best.

Budget your time, be patient, and be openminded.

Naming and Branding for Pet Grooming Company

“They did an outstanding job of managing the project and delivering it on time.”

AtticSalt Branding helped a pet care service provider revamp its brand to reach digital audiences more effectively. Based on collaboration with in-house staff, they came up with a new name and logo.

Srini Vasan
CEO, Pawgo

Their team’s talent and originality resulted in a high-quality final product. Branding exercises helped them hone in on the organization’s key values and creatively incorporate them into the rebrand. Top-notch project management helped make the process smooth from start to finish.

I’m the CEO of Pawgo. We’re a mobile platform for pet-care service providers. We offer everything from vans to a scheduling system and answering service—all the necessary infrastructure to allow someone to run a pet-care business.

What challenge were you trying to address with AtticSalt Branding?

We have a 40-year-old brand, and our original name didn’t resonate with prospective customers. We hired AtticSalt Branding to help us reinvent ourselves for the digital age.

We didn’t give them much direction other than to explain that we wanted a name and image that resonated with mobile, on-demand pet services. They performed market research and strategized for us, then came back with three name choices. We met and went through several brand identity exercises in order to flesh out the concept more fully, which included them learning more about our staff and company culture. Based on the results of those exercises, they gave us their recommendations, and we chose a name. After that, they designed our logo.

We worked directly with their CEO, as well as a designer and a content writer.

How did you come to work with AtticSalt Branding?

I received a referral from a professional acquaintance.

The project ran from September–December 2017.

The final product is exactly what we wanted the rebrand to look like, and we were able to trademark it successfully. We’ve also seen a significant uptick in business as a result.

How did AtticSalt Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve worked on projects like this for a number of high-profile companies, and AtticSalt Branding is one of the most impressive partners I’ve worked with. They did an outstanding job of managing the project and delivering it on time.

In terms of communication, we primarily kept in touch via email, but we also had face-to-face meetings.

With a branding agency, you want to see creativity, and that’s what stands out about them. They’re original, creative, and talented. I got what I paid for in terms of their ability to define our brand and design the materials.

I can’t think of anything.

Be very clear on your motive for hiring them and then allow them the freedom to do their job during the discovery process. Don’t try to steer them in a particular direction.

Brand Creation for Integrative Medical Practice

“I was impressed by their attention to detail and ability to convey our personality through our brand.”

July - Oct. 2015

After a series of thorough discovery workshops, AtticSalt Branding developed a comprehensive brand package, which included a name, logo, mission statement, messaging, font, and color palette.

Matthew Hernandez, ND
Co-Owner & Physician, Ethos Integrative Medicine

The new brand identity was memorable and stood out from other medical practices. AtticSalt Branding took the time to understand the business before making suggestions. Their thoughtful approach combined with their creative talent make them excellent options for future work.

I’m the co-owner of and physician at Ethos Integrative Medicine. Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, we specialize in hormone therapy and regenerative medicine for individuals wanting to maintain an active lifestyle.

For what projects/services did your company hire AtticSalt Branding?

We hired AtticSalt Branding to help us develop a brand and give us a clear, concise message of who we are.

Our primary objective was to develop a brand that stood out from other medical clinics and showcased our unique personality.

After our search, we interviewed two branding companies and found that AtticSalt Branding best understood what we wanted. They took the time to get to know what our strengths were and used that to develop our branding.

We first started with a few discovery sessions, which they used to get a feel for our personality, strengths, weaknesses, approach, and medical philosophy. We told them the feel that we were going for and how we wanted to be perceived.

We also used this time to point out what we didn't want in our branding. For example, everyone in our profession uses blue and green as their primary colors and shares other similarities, which we wanted to avoid.

Following the discovery sessions, AtticSalt Branding presented a few identity pieces, including potential names, list of values, vision, mission statement, and more. Once we picked the theme that we liked, they went back to determine colors, fonts, logos, and other visual assets. They presented us with the final copy, which we still use to this day.

Rani (CEO & Brand Strategist, AtticSalt Branding) served as our main contact, but he also had a team of people with him.

To this day, we absolutely love our brand. We constantly get compliments on the logo and colors, and our new patients comment on how much we stand out from other medical practices. On top of that, many people who’ve seen our brand find it easy to remember.

We recently hired a company to improve our SEO but were worried that they might modify our site to be more cookie-cutter. However, our brand was strong enough to withstand the revamp and continues to distinguish itself.

AtticSalt Branding completed the project in a timely manner. All team members were professional and communicated clearly with us.

I was impressed by their attention to detail and ability to convey our personality through our brand. They hit the nail on the head with every single thing.

At the time, they were a young company that still had small improvements to make in their processes, but I can’t remember anything off the top of my head. I would definitely hire them again for future projects.

GOLD VERIFIED