We craft inspiring websites for leading brands.

We specialize in design and development of custom interactive applications. From branding to UX & UI design, digital strategy, and content architecture, to development, launch, and ongoing support.

New York, NY

Backend WordPress Web Redesign for Global Non Profit

“The website ATTCK built is extraordinarily better than the site we had before.”

May - Dec. 2017

ATTCK built the backend of a WordPress website, collaborating with a frontend developer. They incorporated custom features, the Apache Traffic Server plugin, and other iterations as needed.

Keene, New Hampshire
Director of Content & Web Strategy, Nonprofit

ATTCK collaborated well with a design partner to build a modern, user-friendly website that was delivered both on time and on budget. Highly responsive and professional in their approach, working with their team continues to be a seamless process.

I oversee website content for a global nonprofit organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with ATTCK, LLC?

We needed to rebuild our outdated website.

ATTCK worked alongside our web design partner to build the backend of our new website, based on our guidelines and branding. They built the platform on WordPress, and incorporated custom features and the Apache Traffic Server plugin. Following a discovery phase, they moved into two-week development sprints and launched a beta site that we've continued to iterate on since.

We work with a project manager, two developers, and others on their team as needed.

How did you come to work with ATTCK, LLC?

Our branding and design partner had worked with them in the past and recommended a few web developers to us, including ATTCK. After speaking with them, we thought they'd be easy to work with and they seemed to understand our design philosophy and needs. They were also competitively priced.

We started working together in May 2017 and the site went live by September. They continue to work with us to implement additional features and functionality.

The website ATTCK built is extraordinarily better than the site we had before. They've helped us tell our story at a global level through a more modern, user-friendly, and mobile-responsive platform.

How did ATTCK, LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team delivered on budget and on time, even when certain tasks were accelerated. They were very responsive, staying in touch with us daily through the two-week sprints.

Their level of responsiveness sets them apart. They're always willing to adapt as our requirements change and work well around our needs.

Overall Score It's been an excellent experience overall.

Drupal Web Redesign & Migration for Large Non Profit

"They’re reliable and I can always reach out to them and pick their brain on things."

July 2015 - Ongoing

After performing regular maintenance, ATTCK was brought onboard to rebuild a website. They transitioned the site from Drupal to WordPress and introduced custom features like easily-modified design templates.

201- 500 Employees

Former Digital Strategist, Nonprofit

ATTCK halved development costs and their work garnered positive reviews. They immerse themselves in their client’s world to better understand project priorities and are skilled communicators. Their custom pricing structure and flexible engagement style make them perfect for long-term work.

I was a digital strategist at a large nonprofit in New York City.

What challenge were you trying to address with ATTCK, LLC?

At the time, my organization had a very outdated website, so we really needed someone to redesign and modernize the site in a way that, one: was cost effective, and two: did some smart storytelling so that the work of the organization and its grantees, as well as its mission, was obvious.

We had them on a retainer before the revamp to do maintenance and support on the existing site, which was a non-responsive, Drupal site. From there, we walked through the pros and cons of rebuilding the website, what the potential budget could look like, and what we wanted to accomplish. After receiving internal approval, we sat down with ATTCK and mapped out what we knew had to be in Version 1 of a launch vs. what we wanted to implement down the road. We divided the work into timed segments to get a robust look at everything: wireframing designs, development, testing, and then the launch.

One of the big keys for the rebuild was ensuring that a non-developer would be able to change 85%—90% of the site’s content without calling in a developer. To accomplish that, they built a custom WordPress site with a lot of templates that would give us design flexibility and freedom when it came to building out new pages and editing existing ones. Outside of the primary website, I’ve also worked with them on two other websites for conferences that my organization was putting on.

We had a primary producer that I stayed in touch with, but there was a also a main designer, a senior and a junior level engineer, and a UX resource.

How did you come to work with ATTCK, LLC?

Originally, they were referred through an old colleague that I knew. In terms of the vetting process for – we onboarded them in an emergency situation where we had some folks leave the organization and had an urgent need for web developers. I got connected with them pretty quickly and they stepped in and did great work and were very flexible on pricing, which was a big thing. When it came time to find a long-term partner, ATTCK earned their way into that conversation. We vetted a few other agencies – some that were more focused on Drupal – but ended up going with ATTCK because of their exiting rapport with us and their highly-flexible agreement and cost structures. As a nonprofit, we really had to keep costs in mind. ATTCK was able to both work with us during the high points and then not charge us too much during the low points.

We’ve spent about $200,000 so far.

What is the status of the engagement?

We’ve been working together since July 2015.

We got great feedback from both donors and colleagues that they really enjoyed the experience. That website is definitely a success story. When we started working with ATTCK we cut our developer bill in half without losing quality.

How did ATTCK, LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

They were involved with myself and all of our other internal stakeholders to understand site requirements from different viewpoints like communication, security, and fundraising. They worked with a lot of different internal teams to accurately map out all of their needs and ensure that we weren’t going to miss anything when we built the site.

They’re reliable and I can always reach out to them and pick their brain on things. They take initiative in terms of setting out schedules and keeping us on them, which frees me up to focus more on non-web projects. They’re also great at bringing in other assets that can spit out great ideas. Finally, their developers are always very good at troubleshooting and finding work arounds for things.

Their technological folks’s ability to explain complex technology to people who don’t have a good grasp of it is extremely helpful. Essentially, they would break down something for me which I could then turn around and present to the CFO or CMO. Without those kinds of explanations, you can’t get budget approval and you can’t build internal faith and trust in a vendor. It’s a critical piece that a lot of other vendor’s I’ve worked with haven’t had.

Nothing jumps off the table. Obviously, everyone can certainly improve, but they were just everything I needed. There was sometimes when our communication wasn’t fully in sync – we might go weeks without talking. Even that turned out to be a good thing though because it made me trust what they were doing.

I would say to always do your homework on your vendor. Have thorough conversations with them about your project and what the demands are so that you know precisely what they specialize in. Make sure that what they do well aligns with what you need done.

Overall Score They were extremely flexible and attentive, they did great work, they hit deadlines, and were really a great partner.
    They never missed a deadline over a few years.
    Compared to their peers they're very competitive and super flexible.
    At the same time as not missing a deadline, I never felt that the quality of the work missed expectations.
    I trust that they would do right by anyone I referred to them.