Let’s Bring Your Vision To Life

Atoms & Pixels is a nimble team that thrives on strategic thinking, collaboration, hard work and ongoing relationships with clients. We bring a large breadth of knowledge to the table and are passionate in connecting the dots to bring brands to life.

At Atoms & Pixels, we believe the best website is an authentic digital experience that brings your business to life. That’s why we work to create human-focused sites that support your needs and reach the people you think matter most. From design to development and beyond, we collaborate with you to build a site that gets you noticed - so you can get back to business.

We become one team with our clients and make their experience – and the final product – pleasant and satisfying.

Santa Monica, CA
  • 3110 Main Street, The Annex
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

Musea

This site showcases a mobile application and custom content management system.

We wanted to create a site that gave an overview of the app’s functionality but also acted as a landing page for the museums’ access to their login and management system.

We also added a way for interested museums to get more information and sign up for the app.

Cherry Tree

This was a relatively new Venture Capital firm that needed to establish a web presence.

We worked with them to develop a tone for the copy on the site and to tell their story in a unique but straightforward way.

Investment firms’ portfolios are constantly evolving – so we wanted to make sure that it would be easy to add new investments and metrics as they happened without needing to change the overall look

of any page on the site.

Unstoppable Gerber

We designed a way to showcase the Gator Premium knife.

We were able to create this in the same style and theme as the rest of their site, but took the design a bit further to make a unique display of the new product for launch.

This site is an example of how we can integrate and add value to an existing well established site.

Kayce Laine

This indie musician needed a simple splash site that felt custom.

We implemented a basic design with links to her music and social accounts.

Pop & Suki

Shopify -integrated e-commerce site for a customizable accessories brand.

We implemented the client’s designs and used Shopify to power the e-commerce management.

The site also pulls images from Instagram so that it is constantly reflecting the products promoted on social media.

The Fruit Company

We handled ongoing development, with tasks that ranged from cleaning up existing pages to creating new design and enhancing the site’s capabilities.

Our team created their complex shipping calendar that accounted for variables such as fruits in season, shipping times, and distances so the right products would be able to arrive intact.

Web Dev & Design for IT Consulting Company

“We’re happy with their work and would hire them again.”

Mar. - Aug. 2017

Atoms & Pixels revamped a company’s online presence by developing and designing a new website. They created a complex platform with a captivating interface and a variety of functionalities.

San Diego, California
Aaron Carter
Project Manager, The Marlin Alliance

Atoms & Pixels delivered a high-quality website that exudes professionalism. An intuitive frontend allows users to access information without significant navigation. The site uses features that perfectly display key messaging to target audiences. Their multifaceted team works together impeccably.

I’m a program manager for The Marlin Alliance. We’re a technology consulting firm that focuses on business transformation. We work with government and private-sector clients in fields such as military, healthcare, cybersecurity, data management, and analytics.

What challenge were you trying to address with Atoms & Pixels?

Our company grew from a 15-person company to having over 50 employees in the span of a few years. That expansion allowed us to venture into more service areas. Therefore, we needed a development firm to update our website, so it accurately reflects all the work we do.

Our firm was actively expanding into new markets, so we needed a website that represented our team’s ability to handle a range of projects. Atoms & Pixels transitioned our site to a new platform that could facilitate an increased online presence. We wanted to reevaluate our brand and find a better way to market ourselves to new industries.

We didn’t have a clear vision in mind regarding the site’s design when Atoms & Pixels started this project. We provided them with some rough mock-ups and wireframes, but they helped us design a clean layout. Then, they presented a series of options and our CEO decided which version to develop. They built the site using HTML 5 and delivered a finished product.

Each member of their team played an important role in completing the website. The project manager orchestrated the final delivery process and kept us working toward one function at a time. I worked with their graphic designers to ensure the visuals were attractive and engaging. Then, a marketing resource helped us organize how the site would be navigated. This process informed how we’d target audiences with strategic messaging. Their web developer made sure the site’s functionalities were entirely built out. If something didn’t work correctly, he’d make time to test the error and resolve the issue.

They allocated a project manager, a web developer, one or two graphic designers, and a marketing specialist to our account.

How did you come to work with Atoms & Pixels?

They were referred to us by an internal resource.

We spent anywhere from $6,000–$10,000.

This project took place from March­–August 2017.

Our site’s current iteration functions quite well. Atoms & Pixels delivered a template with a significant amount of capability. While we don’t utilize the site’s full potential, its design grants information to our target audience in the least amount of clicks possible. Additionally, the presentation conveys a level of expertise that clients expect from a company of our size. We’ve also won contracts since the site’s launch. While I can’t directly tie that success back to this project, it’s still worth noting.

How did Atoms & Pixels perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager immediately understood what we needed to accomplish our goal. I’m used to a specific type of web solution, but their project manager possesses a vast of array of experience and knows how to approach platform specifications for a public site. Their resources were available to work through each process efficiently. The only issues revolved around our internal team getting content formatted into a translatable medium. We communicated via email, phone, and Skype.

We’re happy with their work and would hire them again. It was an excellent experience, so we’d recommend them to others looking for similar services.

It would’ve been nice to have an in-person meeting with them at some point. From a business standpoint, it’s always helpful to sit down with someone and work through a project outline. However, that wasn’t necessary for this engagement as they did a fantastic job executing from a separate location.

Shopify Dev for Beauty Company

"Atoms & Pixels is the best company I've ever worked with for website design."

July - Sept. 2018

Atoms & Pixels developed and designed a Shopify website. Key features included online payment capability and auto-generated emails.

California
Jasmine Scalesciani-Hawken
CEO, Olio Masestro

Internal and external feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, leading to more work for Atoms & Pixels. Expertise and meticulousness are hallmarks of their work. They also bring creative ideas of their own to the table at a reasonable value.

I'm CEO at Olio Maestro. We sell beauty and body care products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Atoms & Pixels?

I needed a fully functional website design. I also needed a partner with Shopify expertise because we sell direct to consumer.

I hired them when I was thinking about launching the business. In addition to designing the website, they helped me think about the user experience. It was a collaboration. They gave me various suggestions on how to structure the backend. They set up all the payment transactions, as well as the mailing list.

They gave me the option to build the site on Shopify or to create a custom platform. They gave me all the information upfront, including the pros and cons of each. After I chose Shopify, they suggested different templates. They ended up customizing everything to match what I wanted.

I worked directly with three people, including Dayvin (project director, Atoms & Pixels).

How did you come to work with Atoms & Pixels?

I met Dayvin and was really impressed by his clarity and how well he communicates his vision.

I spent between $5,000–$7,000.

The project took place from July–September 2018.

They’re amazing. Atoms & Pixels is the best company I've ever worked with for website design. I'm switching all my companies to them, which tells you how happy I am with them. The site is beautiful and is working great. There's been zero glitches. I haven’t had a single problem with online payments since launch. They really listened to what I wanted, and the site is impeccable.

How did Atoms & Pixels perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management might be my favorite part. They respond right away to any texts, phone calls, or email. They even respond on weekends. They met our deadlines ahead of time. We started in July. They delivered a full website at the beginning of August, ahead of our launch in September.

They’re very upfront. They shared information on the cost, and gave me pros and cons of different options. They're friendly and easy team to work with. I had face to face contact with the whole team. They even provided me extra help on the backend—setting up emails and auto-responders—that they didn't charge me for.

They're incredibly clear, kind, and professional. Everything's upfront, with no hidden costs. We got more value than what we paid because they were so helpful in answering our questions.

No, I'm beyond happy with them. The price is right, and the service is above and beyond.

I’d give them a 10 if I could.