Custom Software Development

ArtfulBits provides custom software development and IT outsourcing services to startups and established businesses. Besides that, we market our own line of SharePoint products, which are represented by custom webparts and columns. Company's main areas of specializations are: desktop applications, mobile applications, and web development.

2005
Lviv, Ukraine

Our solutions are currently used by such top companies as:
- Dolby Laboratories

Avtozvuk Mobile App

Lviv Region Guide Mobile App

E. Ticount Mobile App

Mobile App Dev for Automotive Startup

"ArtfulBits demonstrates in-depth knowledge and broad experience in their field."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

ArtfulBits built an Android application for an automotive startup’s key product. Using an existing POC, they created a UX diagram, mockup screens, and then the app itself. The project is ongoing.

New York Metro Area
Shawn Groce
Founder, Wesa

The app was delivered on time, allowing the key product to launch soon. ArtfulBits provides high-quality development as valuable advice and in-depth experience. Consistent communication, regular meetings, and a penchant for problem-solving make for a smooth workflow.

I’m the founder of Wesa. We offer a product that uses infrared wave technology to increase visibility for drivers.

For what projects/services did your company hire ArtfulBits?

We needed an Android application to operate our product. We lacked the resources to build the app in house, so we engaged ArtfulBits to provide mobile development and design services.

We wanted a professional application that works seamlessly with our device. We wanted our end users to find the app attractive and intuitive to use as well.

We search an online platform for freelancers and considered several teams, including ArtfulBits. One of our associates is based in the same city as ArtfulBits, so he visited their team and interviewed their management and technology team. They came across as experienced and reliable, so we chose to work with them.

We already had a proof of concept app that we could demo to ArtfulBits. We also provided a software requirements document. Several days later, ArtfulBits sent us a UX diagram to test various user interaction scenarios. They then sent graphical designs for the application’s main screens. Once we approved them, ArtfulBits developed the Android system and tested the app on an external device. The team split the process into a few milestones at which point we could test and verify the updated version of the app.

We work with a project manager, android developer, UI/UX designer, and quality assurance/tester.

The first version of the mobile app arrived on time. We’re ready to deploy our complete product soon.

The project has run smoothly from the beginning. We mainly communicate via Slack and track tasks using Asana. We also have voice calls periodically to check the project’s status and to discuss questions. ArtfulBits coordinates directly with other third-party vendors responsible for other parts of our solution and regularly problem-solves with them.

We expected just a professional developer, but we wound up with a team of advisers and consultants as well. ArtfulBits demonstrates in-depth knowledge and broad experience in their field. We’ve utilized their expertise in every stage of the project so far.

No, we’re satisfied with the results. We intend to continue working with ArtfulBits.

iOS/Android App Dev for Wellness Company

"They went above and beyond my expectations."

Jan. - June 2018

ArtfulBits developed iOS and Android apps that allowed users to save custom sound mixes and set alarms and timers. They looped audio, built the apps from scratch, and created trial versions.

Oak Hill, Virginia
Debby Sibert
President & CEO, Ultimately Essential

After being downloaded over 3,000 times, both apps have maintained an average five-star rating. ArtfulBits exceeded the terms of the contract, responding to inquiries after hours and fixing an issue after receiving payment. Their politeness, integrity, and diligence set them apart.

Ultimately Essential sells essential oil products and accessories to help those with insomnia and other disorders.

For what projects/services did your company hire ArtfulBits?

We wanted to create a sleep app with music, nature sounds, and white noise to relax the nervous system, invite sleep, and drown out ambient noise.

Our goal was to create a sleep app that was different from others on the market.

I posted the project on Upwork and received numerous bids. I narrowed it down to three vendors, to whom I addressed in-depth questions about their capabilities and portfolios.

I was impressed with ArtfulBits' portfolio. I selected them because they used their vast experience to suggest how I could improve the app's appearance and functionality.

I told ArtfulBits how I wanted the interface to look and gave them the .mp3s I wanted to use. They were already looped but needed to play smoothly. They worked tirelessly to edit them so no one would know where they looped.

Following my direction, they made it possible to play several sounds and musical recordings at the same time and even manipulate each sound's volume. Users can create, save, and name custom mixes.

They built an internal alarm and a timer that can be set from one minute to continuous. If you select anything but continuous, the music fades without stopping abruptly. If you're listening on earbuds, no one else hears the alarm.

They also created a free trial so customers can try our premium features free for 14 days without having to enter a credit card or email address.

I worked with the project manager. The team also included a graphic designer, a programmer, and testers.

I've just started to market the app, but users seem to love it. So far, its average is five stars. We have over 3,000 downloads on Apple and several hundred on Android.

Their communication was excellent and prompt. They always responded quickly, even after hours and on weekends. My project manager was courteous; he cared about the project and wanted the results to please me. When they discovered an issue with the free trial, they took care of it even though they had already been paid.

I was impressed by their attention to detail and willingness to treat this project as their own. They kept me updated on their progress, sent me screenshots until a trial was ready, and let me test the product and give feedback every step of the way.

They went above and beyond my expectations. I'm so happy that I selected them. It was the right choice.

Overall Score I couldn't be happier with all they did for me. They went above and beyond our agreement.
    Excellent. They stayed on top of everything, kept us on schedule, and gave me notice of anticipated delays.
    It was affordable for the scope of this project.
    I couldn't be happier with the design or functionality.
    I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs to create a mobile app. I may have them create another.

Responsive Frontend Web Dev for Real Estate Platform

"Their communication and agility are remarkable."

Jan. 2016 - Mar. 2018

ArtfulBits handled frontend development focusing on creating a responsive design for the website and newsletters while making it compatible with right-to-left languages. They also provided UX guidance.

Paris, France
Julien Guyot
CTO, Green-Acres

As a result of their involvement, more leads have come to the site. ArtfulBits’ not only provided implementable suggestions but also worked quickly and efficiently. There were no major issues nor delays.

I’m the CTO of Green-Acres, the leading site for property listings of second residences in Europe. With more than 170,000 listings in 12 countries and 20 languages, we are the reference platform for buyers wishing to invest in property abroad.

For what projects/services did your company hire ArtfulBits?

We wanted to fully renew our website’s design and needed frontend development resources. We also wanted to have a responsive mobile design and newsletters. With a pressing timeline, we couldn’t afford to do this in-house.

One of the main goals was to create a multi-device responsive design capable of supporting right-to-left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew.

We found them on a freelancer platform.

They developed the frontend part of the project and contributed to web design and user experience matters.

They had two people working on our project but our only point of contact was the project manager.

Our lead conversion rates increased once the project went live.

They were impressive in this regard and provided many good ideas.

Their communication and agility were remarkable.

Nothing that I can think of.