design-driven development agency

Ars Futura is a software development company founded in Zagreb, Croatia. We specialize in providing web and mobile development solutions. Here at Ars, we insist on maintaining high-quality work from developing a concept to publishing your application. We love and insist on great designs and high-quality code.

Zagreb, Croatia

Mobile App Dev for Insulin Tracking Software

“They’re great communicators and overall pleasant people.”

May 2018 – Ongoing

Ars Futura developed both an iOS and Android app for an insulin tracking software. Their team was responsible for both front- and backend development.

Boston, Massachusettes
Emily Hart
Director of Software Development, Common Sensing

The app’s stability has increased dramatically. Despite the time difference, Ars Futura is responsive and communicative. Their expertise and positive demeanor lend themselves to a successful ongoing collaboration.

I am the director of software development at Common Sensing. We make devices that record how much insulin somebody has injected. Our devices are Bluetooth enabled and connect to a mobile app to show a person’s insulin intake in the form of a logbook.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ars Futura?

We needed a mobile app developed by professionals that was stable and did not have crashes or bugs.

Ars Futura developed both an iOS and Android version of a mobile app. Their team ensured that the app could connect to the insulin devices through Bluetooth. They were responsible for both front- and backend development.

It’s fluctuated over time, but I have worked with 3–5 of their engineers at any given time.

How did you come to work with Ars Futura?

I had worked with Ars Futura at a previous position, and when I moved to this company and needed mobile app developers, I got in touch with Nicola (CEO & Founder, Ars Futura). I explained the scope of the project and we made sure to get the right people on the team.

Our ongoing engagement with Ars Futura began in May 2018.

When we first came to Ars Futura, we wanted to improve the stability of our app to prevent crashes. Their team has gotten the results we wanted, with a dramatic improvement in stability.

I’ve managed a few developers in my career, both internal and external, and the developers at Ars Futura are excellent. They’re the same quality of engineers I would hire myself. They’re great communicators and overall pleasant people. Their talented team always produces high-quality work.

How did Ars Futura perform from a project management standpoint?

The whole team at Ars Futura is very responsive. Our teams would have stand-up meetings a few times a week and would frequently communicate on Slack. Their engineers typically get back to me within an hour.

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for this kind of service. I’d worked with them before and came back wanting to work with them again, which really speaks to the quality of their work.

No, I’m really happy with their work.

It’s a lot like hiring an individual that would work in-house, except they happen to work in a different office.

Custom CRM Dev for University Incubator

"They acted as my day-to-day team but were also very independent in the way they did their jobs."

Ars Futura is developing a custom CRM to help streamline business operations. The solution automatically draws data from internal and third-party sources, generates metrics, and performs site updates.

Boston, Massachusetts
Bob Preble
Technical Project Manager, Harvard Innovation Labs

With each major advance, the solution becomes easier and easier to use. Centralizing the data has made information widely available to the relevant internal teams, and there has been no data loss. Despite tight schedules, Ars Futura works efficiently and often delivers ahead of time.

The Harvard Innovation Lab is a resource at Harvard University for student based teams to explore and develop their ideas into ongoing enterprises. It's an incubator within Harvard. I manage technical projects for the staff, and also act as a Product Manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ars Futura?

They were tasked with building a database and software that the staff would use to run the business.

This included collection and centralization of data from internal sources and third party applications. User interface implementation, backend design and data schema. Also integration with 3rd party data sources, generation of metrics, and automating website updates automatically from within our system.

Our goal was to have a central data source from which the staff could do all their work. That the data always be up to date. That the system would be secure, and easy to use, and very be very performant.

I had worked with this vendor previously on 2 projects and they had done an excellent job, so the choice was easy.

They developed and tested (and sometimes help design) the data schema and application for the business. They implemented the frontend user interface and the backend services that were needed.

They integrated with a number of internal and external data sources. They put together a system that automated the flow of data into and through the system, and included moving the data to other applications and data sources that we use.

The team is made up of 2 full time developers, and a more senior developer who oversees some of their work and helps on the most difficult problems. It also includes a part time QA resource.

The software has been in production for about a year and we continue to make major advances. The staff has continued to comment about how much easier it is to work with this central data and how easy the product is to use.

There has been no loss of data since this went into production, which was not the case previously. We now have data on all the teams that have been through here and it's highly available to whoever needs it. None of this was true previously.

Much of the project management was handled by myself, with daily interactions with the Ars Futura team. The implementation design is always left up to the developers. They acted as my day-to-day team but were also very independent in the way they did their jobs.

The quality of the work is excellent, and they are super productive, often delivering their work ahead of our aggressive schedules. The communication skills are excellent as well.

Their ability to work with us and our sometimes changing requirements. They always have had a great attitude about the work and have been great to work with. And above all the quality of their work is excellent.

No. These guys are just the best to work with.

Overall Score They are the best to work with
    They are realistic about schedules, and deliver things when we need them.
    Their costs are competitive with any other quality shop. For what we get they are a bargin.
    The code is always what we expect and on time, if not ahead of schedule
    I tell all my friend about them, and many have gone on to use them with excellent results