SaaS development for all sectors.

Secret of Success

At Ardas we always put a priority to meet the requirements of our clients. We are able to program high-quality software development products, but at the same time, we realize the secret of success is to fully understand the business needs of our clients. That is why we pay close attention to communication between the client and developer, despite the difference in time and distance.

2005
    Paris, A75 75015
    France

Real Estate crowdfunding project Image

Real Estate crowdfunding project

A fully featured FCA compliant real estate crowdfunding platform, which allows any person to start own business with minimal investments. People invest in real estate properties and earn revenue when they are sold. The system controls all financial flows starting from deposits and up to revenue withdrawal.

Freight Management App Image

Freight Management App

The application helps user manage a logisctic business more efficiently with the freight management systems that can keep a closer eye on your shipment fleet. Working on the project we have developed tracking system, members management, admin panel, instant messenger, shipments matching system etc.

Option Trading Platform Image

Option Trading Platform

Financial trading software provides fully organized real-time bidding process. A unique trading mechanism analyzes existing data and makes the forecasts on the basis of the vector algorithm. Low latency application with the full set of reports and features to control your financial health.

Project management Web Tool Image

Project management Web Tool

A project management platform with its own apps, that provides easy project and task management, scheduling and team collaboration for productive and efficient work.

Online English Courses Image

Online English Courses

E-learning project destined to teach English vocabulary and grammar with the help of algorithmic cards, songs and audio conversations. Further, with the benefit of different features, the users can test their knowledge. There was a platform on the disks and we needed to create a web version with a registration form that supports mobile layout.

Parking Control System Image

Parking Control System

A parking management system with plate number recognition software, payments, SMS integration, financial reports and comprehensive back-end management panel for parking operators.

Soccer Mobile Game Image

Soccer Mobile Game

The idea behind this game was to create an exciting and competitive knowledge-based game for Soccer fans to play as a team with their friends or alone 1 on 1 on their mobile phones or other online devices. To make the soccer mobile game run smoothly for many thousands of players worldwide, we managed large scale systems and data bases.

VR simulator for training football referees Image

VR simulator for training football referees

REFERANTE is an advanced training platform, created to enhance football referees' training with the purpose of improving their skills and judgment abilities.

Imperagive™ by Height Connect - Generosity Elevating Relationships eCommerce Mobile App Image

Ecommerce Mobile App

It is a perfect tool for organizing and tracking your gift-giving calendar. It is way more than a simple event manager. This is a new way of communicating gift choices between the giver and receiver.

ECG analysis mobile application Image

ECG analysis mobile application

A healthcare mobile application used by a person to connect a cardio appliance to a mobile phone and to record the ECG on the smartphone. Collected data is sent to the patented server, which processes the cardiogram and provides 183 specific parameters, used by a doctor to analyze the health condition of patients and prevent heart attack and other

cardiovascular diseases.

App Dev & Testing for Educational Software Company

“The way they did the project and the support they provided was great.”

June 2016 - Feb. 2017

Ardas developed an educational app for children to use on tablets. They made the app 3D and added interactive animations. Following development, they did testing and supported the app launch.

1-10

Yevgeniya Marmer
Founder, TouchIt

Ardas did high-quality work that satisfied requirements and pleased internal stakeholders. Personable and communicative, the team often delivered ahead of schedule. They offered creative ideas and provided thorough and detailed answers to questions that internal stakeholders had.

I’m the founder of TouchIt, an educational application company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ardas?

We wanted to develop a tablet app for kids that introduces a new program for schools. We wanted interactive animations and for everything to be in 3D.

I had the basic idea and presented it to Ardas. They developed the entire app in six months and then spent two months testing it. They supported us once we launched the whole project.

We had one project manager, and seven other people were working on every part of it, like the web development and design, the testing, and the creative part.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

When I was looking for someone to take over the project, I liked them the most. We did a tender with three companies. Ardas had the best price, but they also seemed to have the most technical knowledge for their price range. They offered everything, from A–Z, in one package, including testing.

My company spent $400,000.

We worked together from June 2016–February 2017.

I left the company, so I don’t have access to the metrics anymore. I really liked the software they developed and the 3D animations they designed. The way they did the project and the support they provided was great.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

They were usually ahead of schedule. Our company wasn’t in much of a rush; we set more relaxed goals. We had an email chain that everybody was on. We also used Skype.

Their communication was good, and they were really nice. They didn’t just give short answers; they actually explained stuff I didn’t understand. When questions arose, their responses were thorough and detailed, which I found surprising for technical people.

There were a couple of times we misunderstood each other just because English is not our native language, but we sorted it out right away.

Give them everything you want. Even if you ask them to do more, I think they would do it. Let them do their thing. They developed some ideas that weren’t on my list before and added some things that weren’t planned for, which I liked.

They had a very competitive price compared to other companies.
    If I could give a 10, I would.
    I’ve already recommended them to some of my new colleagues.

Software Dev for a Former SaaS Firm

“It was pretty fantastic to see them deliver on their own initiative.”

2006 - 2012

Ardas provided development manpower for a SaaS company. In the 6-year engagement, they provided technical specifications, delivered programming, offered penetration testing, and future-proofed the system.

Symon Blomfield
Former CEO & Founder, Presence Networks Limited

Through their excellent development work, Ardas secured their position as the company’s exclusive team. Their project management was impeccable, and their developers were both creative and capable. Their partnership was characterized by mutual trust because of Ardas’ outstanding integrity.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ardas?

We brought Ardas on board because I no longer had enough internal resources. We built the technology over the course of 3­–4 years, and the changing marketplace demanded that we update it.

We first gave Ardas a small project which they did very well at. After we decided to take them on for our project, they provided technical specifications and concepts around the functionality of the system.

Ardas delivered the actual programming of the system, including penetration and user testing. They endeavored to abide by our high standards; we required their ability to document and future-proof the product.

For the first 2­–3 years, it was pretty much pure development work. We then started to get into concepts with initial clients in the UK and later on, in Asia. They helped support those concepts where we were developing specific capabilities.

For example, we built what was probably the first secure Blackberry messaging system, which they integrated into our entire suite. This was executed and tested in Asia, where we had a client.

The team size grew over time, culminating in a team of 17 Ardas people working for us. I dealt directly with one of their founders.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

We met them through a site that promoted their services. We began to have a conversation and decided to give them a month-long test project. We wanted to see how well their team would work and communicate with us. We needed a capable partner who really grasped the essence of what we were trying to do.

We spent around $1,500,000.

We worked with them from 2006–2012.

Throughout the years of our engagement, they became our exclusive team. They were excellent to work with because they had the creativity and came up with unique solutions. Instead of simply taking orders, they came to us with their own ideas, and this was very refreshing.

It was pretty fantastic to see them deliver on their own initiative. Their entire team was proactive and enthusiastic. I still keep in touch with Alexey (Owner, Ardas) even though we haven’t worked together in a while.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

They were impeccable, probably better than we were. They excelled at setting and meeting deadlines. At times, I came to them with very demanding requirements, and they’d still be able to deliver.

Using an internal program to communicate, we collaborated all the time. Alexey even flew to Hong Kong with me, later in our partnership. It’s pretty remarkable that we worked together for four years, and I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars with them before we even met.

In the 13 years that I’ve known them, I’ve never once doubted their honesty or integrity. I wish I could say that about other suppliers. They’re scrupulously honest, and they care about what they do. Their passion is truly outstanding.

I can’t think of anything in our collaboration they could’ve improved, except maybe their English proficiency at some small points. We did find spoken English slightly challenging at first, but using text-based or written English was fantastic. I suspect that after 13 years, their English has improved significantly.

Be very upfront about what you really want. Give them the bigger picture, though, because giving comprehensive requirements gives them the freedom to deliver something fantastic.

Custom Dev for Housing Rental Platform

"I was impressed with their know-how."

Mar. 2015 - July 2017

Ardas managed full-stack development of a housing rental platform to connect renters, homeowners, and agencies. From scratch, the team built the product including the wireframes, a database, and the UI.

Russia
Dima Solovyov
Founder, Rest-ua.com

Ardas delivered a functional platform to satisfaction on time. The team was accommodating and directed the project skillfully to create an effortless collaboration. They had industry expertise, which fostered a valuable partnership.

I’m the founder and CEO of Rest-ua.com. We created a housing rental platform similar to a platform such as Airbnb.

Ardas helped to develop the solution, which enables house owners and agencies to access target markets and connect with one another as well as renters to locate a suitable home or flat. Essentially, their team took care of everything—from the idea to the platform’s launch. They divided the project into 17 sprints. First, their team listened to my idea to create sketches and wireframes. Then, they developed the UI. Their team also worked on the database and the backend. Once their team completed the first five sprints, we released the first version of the product. Ardas continued to develop the platform, managing the test phase and configuration of the platform. We continued to implement the results as the other sprints finished.

I worked with about six people including a project manager.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

A colleague mentioned them. We got in touch and had a conversation. Their team seemed experienced and had worked with many clients in the US. To me, Ardas was the most professional vendor

I spent around $180,000.

I worked with Ardas between March 2015–July 2017.

Ardas achieved the results I expected. Their team did everything right. Before them, I didn’t have a business or a website. In the end, I did. Ardas was a great team. They had a high level of expertise.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

Ardas met all deadlines. Their team provided regular updates so I could review their work. They understood my interest in the completion of their work, not that I had any doubts. Their team knew what they were doing and took a lot of weight off my shoulders. Ardas always had answers to my questions.

I was impressed with their know-how. Ardas built the platform easily.

No, not really. Since it was the first project I’d worked on, there’s nothing for comparison.

I recommend them.

PaaS Migration & Dev for Freight Exchange Company

“They are willing to do whatever is required to deliver on time and within budget.”

Jan. 2011 - Ongoing

Ardas refactored a PaaS platform, established a new framework, and led the migration to an open-source operating system. The team continues to enhance and maintain the app.

Aleks Mladenovic
Product Manager, Transport Exchange Group

The business has grown from 1,500 to over 6,000 clients, thanks to a more stable and robust system architecture. Ardas provides agile project management and scalable resources at a competitive price.

I am the product manager at Transport Exchange Group. We create and deliver real-time decision-making solutions for logistics and transportation businesses around the world.

We help them unlock operational business silos and provide the freight data aggregation and analysis tools relied upon to build businesses. With our public and private freight exchanges, we are now the leading provider of managed freight exchange services for the UK road transport industry, with successful exchanges now established in five countries.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ardas?

We hired Ardas to help us establish the new framework and architecture for our Process as a Service (PaaS) platform.

Our goal was to rebuild our platform from the ground up to allow us complete flexibility and future-proofing. We wanted to offer a robust and stable enterprise solution.

Our CTO at the time had worked with Ardas previously and recommended them. They won the project tender based on various factors, including skills and cost.

In 2010, we decided to completely refactor our PaaS solution and move it from Windows to Linux. The initial task was to set refactor our existing platform to ensure that when we migrated users, our users had a seamless transition, full trading history from the previous app, and improved UX and UI. Ardas has developed and maintained the application. The project is ongoing as we are always adding new features and services for our customers.

Initially, we worked with one agile team, including a system architect, business analyst, four developers, and two QA staff. We now have four teams, including one mobile team.

Over the last few years, we have scaled accordingly and now have the capacity for more users. When we released our new application in 2013, we had 1,500 customers. We now have over 6,000, including several enterprise-level customers.

The project management was arranged between myself and their business analyst. Since we now have several teams, Ardas assigned several product owners responsible for delivery. They work closely with their team's business analyst.

We use a combination of agile and Kanban methods, which works well. Our teams have daily stand-ups, retrospective, and guild meetings to address blockers. We are continuously learning and improving practices.

Overall Score They provide good resources at a competitive price.
    We have regular sprint planning sessions.
    We have recently moved to a day rate from a time and materials contract, so the costs are now a lot more accurate.
    They deliver according to specifications. The platform is robust and relatively bug-free.
    Yes, as they provide excellent work, from the owner to the most junior developer.

Mobile App Development for Resource Mobilization Company

“They keep up with the latest technologies and methodologies. They know what they're doing, and the team is very good.”

Mar. 2015 - June 2017

Ardas developed an Android app for a resource mobilization company. Working through sequential sprints, they built a product that was to operate as a parking solution for the West African market.

Stockholm, Sweden
Hans Becker
Founder and CEO, Red Flash Mobile

Ultimately, the market shifted and the app Ardas created was never launched. Several elements from that app were used in a subsequent version. All of Ardas’s work was good, and they maintained a good level of communication throughout the project.

We have a mobile parking solution for the African market. I'm the founder and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ardas?

We couldn't use any existing parking platforms, so we asked them to develop an Android app that fit the market in West Africa.

The solution uses mobile phones and cloud-based services. They developed the entire app, based on wireframes and specifications we provided. We worked together in sequential sprints, and built the app gradually.

We worked with four to six people, depending on the phase. We had one main point of contact, a project leader, a designer, a lead programmer, and a support programmer.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

I worked with them on a previous project at another company, so I knew about their process and brought them into this project.

We spent around $120,000.

We started working together in February or March 2015, and the project ran through to June 2017. It was a long period, but the intensity varied throughout the course of the collaboration.

In the end, we didn't launch the finished product that Ardas worked on. The market changed, but we pivoted and reused Ardas's work in another solution. Even though we didn’t launch it, we were very pleased with the app they produced. Everything worked as expected.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

We had a very close dialog with them through various sprints. There are complications with any offshore vendor, but they did very well. Most of our communication was through email or phone, and they used another tool for sprint reports.

They keep up with the latest technologies and methodologies. They know what they're doing, and the team is very good. Their access to good competencies is excellent.

We occasionally missed targets, and parts of the communication took us by surprise, but everything worked out quite well. The issues we faced were all fairly normal for an offshoring arrangement.

Have a clear idea of your goals and your specifications. The better you prepare, the better your relationship will be.

Overall Score I would work with them again.
    I'm happy to recommend them.

Mobile Development & Integrations for E-Shopping Platform

“They have a good understanding of requirements, and their methodology yielded a good quality product.”

Apr. - Sept. 2016

Ardas created an Android app for an e-commerce platform. They worked on the client-facing frontend, the backend database, and various links and APIs with affiliate companies and apps.

Toronto, Canada
President, Small IT Company

The suggestions Ardas made ensured a product that resonated with target users, and the app is a success. Their principals were involved with the project, and the team regularly worked after hours to adjust to time zone differences and maintain a high level of communication.

I'm the owner and founder of an e-commerce business. We have one main product we work on, and we built applications to assist single mothers, shut-ins, and other individuals who didn't have a lot of time to go shopping.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ardas?

I'm a small organization, and I outsource resources as I need them.

I provided all the requirements for this project, which included a series of functional and non-functional needs. Those included tasks in the client frontend, the backend database, and entity relationships. They also helped address restrictions in the environment, affiliate marketing, and retention. They worked on APIs, databases, and notifications within the application, and they tied several apps together through linking.

The database ended up being about a million skews at the time, which we pared down. The finished product is a mobile app for gift shopping and personal shopping, linked to calendars and contacts. Users can set up reminders, with a list of recommendations, based on an algorithm we incorporated. I know they used a REST API, but I'm not sure of the rest of the tech stack. We planned to release the app on both iOS and Android, but the final launch was purely native to Android.

We worked with a project manager, two developers, two testers, and an administrator.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

I had some experience with one of the principals at Ardas. She reached out to me to renew the relationship, and I had the idea for this product in mind. Based on their expertise and my level of trust in them, I decided to hire them.

The total cost was a little over $50,000.

We started the project in April 2016 and finished testing in mid-August of that year. The initial American Android version was released in September 2016, and the Canadian edition came out in November 2016.

They gave me very good feedback for requirements as we progressed through development. They suggested I avoid certain things that wouldn't work for our users. If something I wanted was inappropriate to the overall workflow, they pushed back and made other recommendations. They helped me get a product into the market, which was our major KPI.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

I have the highest regard for their project management team. Their principals are more than happy to get involved, and they keep a close eye on their projects. Onshore managers helped the offshore team a lot. They are, by far, the best offshore resource I've worked with. Most of our communication was through email, WhatsApp, and phone.

Their prices reflect their work. They have a good understanding of requirements, and their methodology yielded a good quality product.

There were some very minor surrounding time zones, and the distance made it difficult to meet in person. They were flexible and worked with our schedule, even late into the night for them.

Don't be afraid of their feedback. Leave room for good critique, as they will make useful suggestions. They take your success to heart.

I would recommend them to someone who wanted a good quality product.

Mobile App Development for IoT Company

"Their team is straightforward and pragmatic."

Aug. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Ardas designed and built the mobile app and image recognition software for a fridge and cabinet monitoring startup. Their work focused on developing the backend to enable future expansion of features.

Munich, Germany
CEO, Internet of Things Company

The app provided by Ardas is well-positioned to support the product in its eventual launch and planned feature expansions. Their team was communicative and worked well with others on the project, including product developers and UI/UX designers to create a seamlessly integrated solution.

I’m the CEO of a German startup. We’re developing a retrofittable camera that can be placed in shelves or cupboards. It takes a photo each time the fridge or cupboard door is closed, and it sends it to the cloud. After the photos get to the cloud, they’re processed and provided to users, with restrictions.

We’re working on a proof-of-concept image recognition software that will recognize items, so that, in the future, it can add them to shopping lists automatically, or order them automatically online.

Everything is managed via Android and iOS applications where users can take a look at their pictures, organize shopping lists, share content, configure the camera, connect accounts, and so on. The hardware component is the work of my company and another supplier.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ardas?

I needed an application for one of our products, a refrigerator camera that takes pictures inside a fridge and sends it to smartphones. Our goal was to launch the app in about three months.

Ardas provided complete services, from articulating business requirements to development, testing, and launching our product to the app store. We made a hybrid prototype based on React Native, with Firebase on the backend. We added more features to the initial framework and released it to app stores around three months ago. The cameras aren’t for sale right now, but the user can take pictures on their own to simulate a fridge camera to see how it works.

I provided a basic description of the features we wanted, and Ardas handled the requirements for engineering and project management. The app was made for iOS and Android, with just a few design differences between the two. The only thing they’re not doing is UI/UX design. I had some connections in this field, and I brought my own designers in to handle that part. The camera has specific configurations that require APIs to be used, but Ardas worked well with the engineers who developed the camera, and everything worked smoothly in the end.

There were about 12 people assigned to the team, but not at the same time. There were four people working continuously on the project, and the others were brought in temporarily. The AI engineer worked for just three weeks, to make a proof of concept.

Their COO was my main point of contact, along with two other people. One of them was promoted to manager, but the transition went smoothly and I had the possibility to contact each of them at any time.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

I’m working with another company to develop the camera, and I asked them to provide a list of five companies they’d had good experience working with. Ardas the most professional out of the five.

They were the biggest company, although not the cheapest one, and they had a very good structure, as well as the possibility to scale without problems. If I needed 10 more developers today, it wouldn’t be a problem to get them within a timeframe of 2–4 weeks.

I chose Ardas because it’s possible to scale with them. They’re a bigger company, not just three or so people. If I need a bigger team, it won’t be a problem.

We have spent $46,000 so far.

We first got in touch in May 2018 and started the project around August. We launched on the App Store in February 2019.

I will continue working with them, but I’ve reduced the amount of work for now since we’re focusing on marketing, and my budget is limited. The app is launched and bug fixing is done, but if the product is successfully launched, we’ll be adding a lot of features to it.

We began with an AI image recognition proof-of-concept app, and we’re planning to enhance it with products like the integration of recipe suggestions or online stores. The backend is built very well for us to expand in the future.

We were able to launch the AI app to the stores without a lot of complications or bugs. There were some, but they were fixed quickly.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is straightforward and pragmatic. They’re not the cheapest option out there, but they’re professional and process-oriented. What’s helped is that I visited them around the end of September, sometime after they started. I provided my vision to every team member, which has been helpful in every near- or offshore project I've been a part of, including this one.

They’ve worked on different projects and are quick to understand concepts, but, from a customer point of view, it’s helpful to provide the vision in-person. They also used Jira and Confluence to document everything. The codebase is checked in and reviewed on GitHub.

What was amazing was how quickly they developed the image recognition proof-of-concept. Anyone can make an app, but getting image recognition through a camera in the prototype stage was awesome.

They could act more as though I’m their only client. I know they have a lot of clients, and there will always be some delays, but every client should have the feeling of being the only one.

As I mentioned, they’re not the cheapest, but they provide excellent quality. Clients should try to explain their project in as much detail as possible, and it’s also a good idea to visit the team that will be responsible for the product.

Depends on whether it’s an American or a German way of thinking. For German, it’s a 4; for American, it’s a 5.
    They’re not the cheapest.

Web and App Development for Aviation Company

"I’m more than happy with the product they developed."

May 2016 - Jun. 2019

Ardas developed a web and mobile app for employee time tracking and management. It also offers features such as license verification, alerts, and communication with insurance companies.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Elena Shumieieva
CEO, SDT Systems

The app has received thousands of pre-orders to add to a healthy existing user base. The geolocation feature has proven effective, even when a user’s device is offline or out of range. Ardas is a reliable team that works long hours. They’re dedicated to finding solutions to difficult problems.

I’m the CEO of SDT Systems, an aviation company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ardas?

We have products that we need to have developed from time to time. Ardas developed a web and mobile application.

They developed our web and mobile app for employers to control, manage, and optimize their employees’ times, as well as financial details with subcontractors. I had the idea and they came up with the business plan and the technical requirements for the project. Ardas developed all of it from scratch. It’s a mobile app from the employee’s side, the top manager, and the owner. There’s also a web app for the administrative side. The first stage has been completed and we will soon work together again on stage two.

The app started for building construction areas. Salary-paying employers want to control their money and employees, especially if something happens with an employee. If something happens and they have to make an insurance call, it is very important to find out whether the employee was there for private reasons or was scheduled to be there for work. The mobile app features tracking, alerts, and documents. For instance, the app knows the difference between a work car and a private car. It also understands which type of insurance to call if something happens.

In Israel, in building construction, there’s a huge problem with understanding who owes money and how much since they have one general contractor and a lot of small subcontractors. At the end of the month, subcontractors try to speculate working hours for payment. For example, they decide it will be 50,000 shekels and then at the end of the month, they say it will be 75,000 shekels.

The application helps track employees and what goes on and why. It knows all the documents such as driver’s licenses, permission to be in Israel, or permission to work in a very high building.

There were two people for design and four or five people for development. My main point of contact was the project manager.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

We met in Israel at an exhibition, where we learned they had developed a simulator for football teams. We started to call each other from time to time to see what problems they were solving.

We spent $140,000 on the first stage.

We worked together from May 2016—June 2019.

We have around 650 current users along with pre-orders for 21,000 people in Ukraine and 11,000 in Malaysia. The percent of geolocation points in our system was solved by their team. We have 92% of check-in geolocation of people, even if they didn’t have Wi-Fi or another form of internet connection. I’m more than happy with the product they developed.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is good. We work with their core team and they understand who we need to talk to. They’re very sensitive. I learned a lot from them about management.

You will never hear from them that something is impossible or difficult to do. If you have any issues, they will find a way to solve them. From time to time, I would ask them really difficult questions, and within a few days, they would give me an answer. I’ve asked a lot of teams around the world the same questions and they weren’t able to give me an answer. Ardas proposed a few ideas on how to solve them and how to develop the solutions.

No, there’s nothing I’d have them improve.

We spoke to them every two or three days with some difficult projects, and I didn’t have any problems with them. They’re really open-minded and they work from early morning until late at night. I like them.

I don’t want to share them with my competitors because I need them on my project.

Software Dev for Financial Trading Company

“…they’re a classic CPO’s choice for a partner.”

May 2016 - Ongoing

For market expansion, Ardas spearheaded software development for an online trading platform. Working with several JavaScript libraries and frameworks, they created a remunerative financial control system.

Chief Product Officer, Online Trading Platform

The new system drove the expansion of the company, which has grown 2,500% since the engagement. The business has penetrated China, which now makes up 95% of all business transactions. Ardas’s product boasts a magnificently low error rate. Given clear communication, they're an excellent partner.

Introduce your business and what you do there

I’m the chief product officer (CPO) for an online trading platform. We deliver what are regulated as financial derivative products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Adar?

Our company was operating with an industry standard that used linked Excel sheets to operate the backend of the business. We wanted to enable multi-level marketing; we sought a way of creating robust networks of resellers and clients.

A large majority of our business came from Europe, so we were also seeking to penetrate the Chinese market. We needed a particular set of technologies for that, so there was quite a lot of work ahead.

Ardas developed a financial control system that remunerates all participants in each and every individual transaction. This was a significant task given that we have millions of transactions every month.

Ardas worked with Vue.js and node.JS. They would choose a different library to suit the task at hand because different JavaScript libraries have strengths in their respective areas. In terms of database architecture, they used MongoDB as well as SQL Server. They used cutting edge technology where it was appropriate and utilized plain old PHP on some frontend aspects of the project.

Depending on the weight of the work, the team fluctuates between 10–40 people.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

When I was building this company, I spoke to some of my ex-colleagues, who pointed me in the direction of a couple of extremely capable people. They, in turn, recommended three companies, out of which I selected Ardas.

On this particular project, we’ve spent around $1,000,000.

We began working together in May 2016, and it's ongoing.

The new system we built has been a key driver for the growth of our company, which is now 25 times bigger than it was. In the beginning, 95% of our business was in Europe—and our European business is bigger now than it was then. Now, our business in China comprises 95% of the total, which indicates the enormous scale of our expansion in the last few years.

We’ve also enjoyed a magnificently low transaction failure rate with the new system. While we have over a million engagements a month, we’ve only had one or two transaction failures per year. Since rectifying construction errors would cripple our business, it’s critical that our error rate is practically zero.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re a leading-edge company in their field. I wouldn’t raise them to the clouds, but I also wouldn’t raise anyone above them. They’re one of the best companies you can work with.

I’d say that they’re a classic CPO’s choice for a partner. As long as you’re deeply involved in the project—and consider them a partner—then the engagement will be efficient and successful.

I think that’s a budgetary question.

You need an open discussion with your supplier in the beginning to establish expectations regarding budgeting and quality. You’ll need to disclose the extent you want to take iterative test-fix cycles since these will drive your timeline.

With any development team, it’s critical to be open-minded. When you enter into a relationship, you have to make sure there’s a mutual understanding of expectations.

Some delays could be attributed to me.

Development for Cloud Solutions Firm

“I love the final version; it’s pretty powerful and durable.”

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Ardas provided consulting and development services, working on a mail editor and an accompanying website. They built the product and site from scratch using a provided frontend, and continue to offer support.

Ukraine
Dmitry Kulaksyz
Product Manager, Stripo

The team delivered excellent custom web and software products that were well received after the soft launch and continually attract positive feedback. They managed the work extremely smoothly, working in effective sprints and always meeting deadlines.

I’m a project manager at Stripo, a cloud solutions firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ardas?

We had an idea for our product, but we didn’t have the right team of developers in-house.

They provide consulting and development services, developing everything and offering support services for our customers. We use their system administrator to create the infrastructure, the LAN service, and other things that we host on our web service account.

One project was for our core product which is a mail editor. We continue to improve and add new features based on feedback from customers. We also had another, related project with them in which they redid our website. They built it from scratch with all the pages we requested and a frontend we provided them.

They delivered and completed this in 4–6 months, then they provided their admin consulting in order to update or add new content. The website works perfectly, and we now support it on our own when it comes to adding new content.

There are now 14 people on their team. There’s one system administrator, two managers for support, one QA person, and the rest are developers. There are full-stack developers, frontend, and backend developers.

How did you come to work with Ardas?

We found their website online then looked at their portfolio, had a few telephone meetings and decided to work with them. Our CEO has some relationship with them as well.

We’ve spent over $300,000.

We started working together in November 2016 and the work is ongoing.

Ardas is a professional team that helped us grow our product. The main metric is the product itself and its rating among other market competitors.

The soft release was in February 2017. I love the final version; it’s pretty powerful and durable. We have a lot of different customers that supply us positive feedback all the time.

How did Ardas perform from a project management standpoint?

We don’t have any issues with project management. I’m in constant contact with their dedicated team and can get in touch with any developer, the QA, and the support managers directly. We work as one team with sprints setting a scope of tasks for each week, and we discuss every task in case it’s not clear.

They always met deadlines and they have really good communication skills. Everything is through email and Skype, and we sometimes have video meetings or personal meetings.

I love their commitment to quality: they test everything, whether it’s a new feature or a bug fix. They perform tests on different machines with different scenarios, which is why I’m confident that the product still will perform, even with new features.

Everything is perfect and I’m satisfied with all the results. They can develop, support, and understand how the system works with regard to new technologies, AWS, backend, Java, etc. They also continue to improve their skills and participate in different conferences, so I don’t know what more they could do.

I recommend them to everyone as I’m sure goals will be met. Ardas is really professional, so don’t be shy, don’t worry, and try them.

A strong 5.
    They’re pretty cheap in comparison to European or American options.
    I never had any issues with them.