MERGING IDEAS AND TECHNOLOGIES WE DEVELOP SUCCESS

Archer Software, a Cprime Group Company, is an innovative technology consulting and custom software development company that helps startups and enterprises digitize healthcare, automotive, and fintech domains.

We help our global high-tech clients deliver life-changing solutions providing technology consulting, product design, and digital solutions development as well as agile transformation powered by the Cprime team.

Cprime, is a global consulting firm helping transforming businesses get in sync. Cprime is the partner of choice for Fortune 100 companies looking to achieve value and agility through their digital transformations.

We cover the full cycle of custom product development and agile transformation:

• Product Design
    • NetOps
    • Help Desk

2000
New York, NY

Smartling - an online crowdsourcing and professional translation solution providing data-driven approach to translation outcomes. Bankaroo - a virtual bank for children. Renault Group - one of the largest car manufacturers in the world. Medoc - leading developer and manufacturer of neuro-diagnostic medical systems used to assess and monitor acute and chronic pain.

LayerJot - сomputer vision, AI-based app for healthcare specialists to perform manual tasks and visual inspections

The team is vitally crucial for any business. It's the people building the product who ensure if the whole company will be able to maintain long-term success carefully serving the needs of their users or fail to meet the expectations of the market. Building the development team is quite a challenge especially if the developed application requires very specific skills and knowledge of the cutting-edge tech stack.

The

outsourcing partner solves this issue faster and with fewer expenses than any company can do on their own, allowing also to focus on the core of the business rather than the tricky process of recruiting.

Video about PopDesk and Archer Software partnership to develop and launch an app enabling to find, compare and book workspaces on-demand in the world’s most inspiring coworking centers

Bankaroo

Development of the virtual banking app for children from scratch EARN

Scaling of the nation's leading microsavings service providing families with the tools to build wealth and achieve goals like college, buying a first home, or starting a small business.

Mulesoft

Developing UI components for integration software for connecting applications,

data and devices

Dev Services for Communication Solutions Firm

"They’re a decent team, fair about what they do and how they do it."

Nov. 2018 - Nov. 2019

Archer was hired by a communications solutions firm to hire several development resources. They recruited developers who worked with React and Node.js. The team also provided administrative services.

Petah Tikva, Israel
Boris Rakhlin
CTO, MMD Smart

Archer's services had a great impact on the growing company, which scaled up more quickly thanks to the team's resources. A reliable partner, they've consistently satisfied expectations. Customers can expect an organized, hardworking, and reliable vendor.

I’m the acting CTO of MMD Smart, a communications solutions firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

We used their services to find development resources in Kiev, Ukraine.

We asked Archer to build us a team under the build-operate-transfer (BOT) model. We wanted to hire a five-person team, out of which Archer hired three, and we hired the other two. The team was operating out of our offices in Kiev.

Archer’s main job was to find and hire suitable candidates, and they also provided administration services. The people they found for us were employed for Archer.

We were using my company’s technology stack in this particular project, which is React and Node.js.

Archer hired three people for us.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

I started working with Archer in 2009 or 2010, when I worked with an outsourcing company. I’ve been using their services off and on since then, multiple times for multiple companies.

This project started around November 2018, and we bought out the team in November 2019.

I don’t have metrics, but I’ve liked working with Archer over the years. I’ve met with them many times under different circumstances, and they’re a good team, decent and hardworking.

In this particular case, they helped us hire faster. As any rapidly-expanding company, we experienced problems with manpower. Archer helped us get to our goal faster.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

I believe they do use project management tools, but that wasn’t relevant in this project. Communication has always been really good.

They’re a decent team, fair about what they do and how they do it. If they do bad work, they’ll admit to it and try to do better. They don’t try to explain that the problem is on our end.

I can’t really answer the question for this project. Archer hired people, they were good, and that’s it. We worked with those people directly. Over the years, if I had to tell them things, even things that weren’t good, they always listened.

Clients should be open about what they want and not try to go around that with Archer.

I’ve recommended them multiple times in the past.

Custom Software Dev for Accounts Payable Solutions Firm

"I actually ended up hiring our engineer as a full-time employee."

Sept. 2019 - Ongoing

Archer Software supplied an engineer to build the backend of a financial services company’s platform. Using Ruby, they integrated APIs to conduct services like payment processing and account creation.

Executive, Financial Services Firm

The engineer delivers high-quality code quickly with minimal bugs, leading to the client hiring them permanently. Their expertise and timeliness stand out, enabling a smooth collaboration.

I’m an executive for a financial services firm. We build accounts payable software for startups.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

We just managed an engineer, Valeri (Python Senior Developer).

He built the backend of our platform using Ruby. That involved all internal APIs and services we use from payment to account creation to billing and invoices to breaking that information down.

We just work with Valeri.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

I worked on another startup with a friend, and he hired Valeri two years ago. We’ve continued working together since.

We’ve spent about $50,000.

I first worked with Valeri myself in September of last year. We still work together.

I actually ended up hiring our engineer as a full-time employee. We look at how fast he ships code and how many bugs we find in testing. He’s high-quality and expedient.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

We use our own tools, like Asana. It’s great.

I didn’t work that much with Archer Software, just with that engineer. I can’t speak to their abilities too much.

A few months ago, we were trying to source another backend engineer in the same city, and Archer Software didn’t have that many. If they increase their candidates in those locations, that would be helpful.

Software Dev & Maintenance for Sports Technology Company

"From our experience, I appreciate their adaptability to our specific needs."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Archer Software provides ongoing development services for a sports technology company. They maintain their application, oversees event communications, and help with their main software.

Tara Parker
Co-Founder & President, ScoutingZone

Archer Software met expectations. Their ability to adapt seamlessly makes them stand out from other developers. They're responsive, skilled, and communicative. Customers can expect a professional engagement with a team who consistently meets deadlines.

I’m the president and co-founder of a sports technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

We brought on Archer Software for multiple aspects of development.

Our primary touchpoint with Archer Software is maintenance and adding new tasks. We have an app that their team manages and oversees. They also provide development support for our everchanging company software.

It is a responsive site that college coaches and soccer players utilize in the US. The main developer fixes any bugs and oversees our project as a whole to make sure the software is running as best it can.  He also suggests ways to improve the software.

They also oversee all of our event uploads and communications. During our event season, they supervise the integration of our events. For the app, an iOS developer monitors that product to make sure there are no bugs and that any new features are running properly.

We have a project manager that oversees all of our projects, and then we have three individual developers that have touchpoints within the project.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

I found them online. We were using a different company overseas and felt that it was time to move on to a different team. We’d interviewed potential companies, but what attracted me to Archer Software was their adaptability. It’s a unique and seasonal project that’s sometimes complicated. They were also detail-oriented and meticulous in understanding our needs and providing solutions.

We started working with Archer Software in October 2018.

I’ve been extremely satisfied. They’ve been very responsive. Everyone we’ve been in contact with has been caring, listening to our needs and concerns. Obviously, with the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve encountered some difficulties as a small business. They’re willing to work with us to help us get through this time together.

The team at Archer Software has delivered on their work. It’s hard to trust a new team that’s different from who originally wrote the software. They did a great job of adapting and learning the software, providing suggestions to make it better. We’re extremely happy, and we hope to continue working with them a lot longer.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They have their own online management tools to be able to track what their developers are working on. We also interact directly with our developer, which is extremely helpful. With our previous firm, we weren’t able to do that as easily. With Archer Software, we’ve had an amazing experience in terms of communication. That was one of our biggest things in looking for the right firm. We wanted someone we could easily communicate our needs to and someone who could understand exactly what our needs are.

From our experience, I appreciate their adaptability to our specific needs. It’s very different from what we do. It’s seasonal, and for parts of the season, it’s very high-paced with longer hours and urgent issues. They’ve handled that with complete urgency and professionalism. They’ve always hit deadlines. If there is a hiccup, they’re able to communicate that in a timely manner, which allows us to communicate with our customers. Our project is important to us, but Archer Software makes it feel like it’s important to them.

Honestly, I think they’ve done a fantastic job. If there was ever something we wanted them to improve upon, we’d communicate that with them. There’s nothing I can think of.

Communicate. That’s the biggest thing to ensure you have a positive experience. They’re extremely engaging when you communicate your needs. If they’re not meeting what you need, explain that to them. We found Archer Software to be extremely responsive that way.

During our event season, we ask a lot of them in terms of time. They’ve been great at being able to fulfill our needs.
    We’ve paid a lot, but they’ve come through. They'd be on the higher side, if they weren’t delivering a great product. You get what you’re paying for.
    I think they’ve delivered everything we’ve asked of them.

Dev Staff Augmentation for Engineering Solutions Company

"We are very pleased to work with them. They’re one of the best programmers I have ever known in my career."

2009 - Ongoing

An engineering firm hired Archer Software to augment its team as they worked to get functions to work. They worked on the cloud, using .NET and JavaScript.

Karmiya, Israel
Executive, Engineering Solutions Firm

They're fantastic programmers, and the companies have built a fruitful partnership. Work is seamless, and administrative issues never get in the way.

I am an executive at an engineering solutions firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

We had a function we needed to get to work, and hired Archer Software to assist with this.

They provided people who work directly with us. They worked with a variety of technologies and programming languages. They’re working on our cloud, using .NET and JavaScript the most.

There was eight guys that worked with us from Archer Software. From my experience though, we only really worked with one person.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

It was before me, I don’t know. They’ve been working with us for over ten years.

We started working together back in 2009, I can’t remember the exact month. We still work together, they’re working 100% of the time.

We are very pleased to work with them. They’re one of the best programmers I have ever known in my career. We have a very good relationship with Archer Software. During these ten years, we’ve had lots of ups and downs. Despite this, they’re a constant partner.

We even planned to extend the contract and give them a new project. Unfortunately, with the COVID-19 virus we can’t afford to go forward right now but we’re looking forward to moving forward with them in the future.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

We work directly with them. Project manager is done directly by my guys. They work fine — we don’t need any special management.

When we’re working with them, we’re not dealing with administrators or issues from Archer Software. Everything is short, we’re satisfied with the work, and they do it. The communication is short, which is nice.

No, we’re very satisfied.

They have done a good job.
    I’d like to recommend them.
    They’re one of our best employees.

Mobile App Dev for Retail Software Firm

"It doesn’t matter what size the project is; they have the skills and experience to handle it."

June 2015 - Ongoing

Archer Software provides a broad range of development support for an e-commerce software company. They focus on iOS app development but also supply DevOps and backend database resources as needed.

Dublin, Ireland
Executive, Retail Software Firm

Each project has come in reasonably on time and with cost estimates, satisfying the client. Archer Software’s experienced developers deliver high-quality code and give honest suggestions when needed. Regular meetings smooth the management process in this five-year partnership.

I’m an executive at a software company that serves e-commerce retailers. We build tools that allow salespeople to communicate with online customers using web chat and video chat technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

We needed a mobile developer at the time with specific experience in doing good quality projects for iOS. They’re reliable, professional, hardworking, and good at problem-solving, so we’ve stuck with them.

Archer Software has a wide skill set and a large staff; they have everything from DevOps to backend database architects to iOS and Android developers. Our graphic designer creates the UI/UX for each solution so we can provide wireframes and documentation to Archer Software. We’re building some new mobile apps at the moment.

We work with an assigned project manager.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

I did about six or more weeks of research for developers and found 50 companies. I whittled that list down through multiple rounds of interviews. We started with an initial questionnaire about the size of their organization and the skill set they had available. After that, we had an interview to cover the communication piece. Lastly, we checked three references — real customers who’d worked with them — to learn more about them.

Archer Software was the winning company in this process. Their goals aligned with ours as well; they were looking to expand the industries they’ve worked with, and our project interested them. I did a test project with them just to see how it would work. It went fine, so we went from there.

We’ve been working together for five years and haven’t changed our team once.

Archer Software gives accurate estimates of each budget and stays within reason when it comes to timelines. In software development, things always change. We might expect something to be done in four weeks, but within that, we might add a feature and function. They’ve done a good job of sticking to timelines and cost estimates in light of that.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Each project manager has a good standard of English. They liaise with me to go over timelines and milestones for each project. We have weekly meetings on Monday to discuss what needs to be done the week ahead and what happened that week. We also go over any problems or issues the development team has run into.

There are also daily meet-ups through Skype first thing in the morning. We’ll go through what needed to be done and answer any questions the development team may have. We have used Jira from the start as well, which was my recommendation. Overall, we have pretty good communication despite collaborating remotely.

Archer Software likes a challenge. It doesn’t matter what size the project is; they have the skills and experience to handle it. The team is honest as well. They’ll speak up if something’s not going to work or they’d have a problem with doing what we ask. That honest is necessary with remote projects. They also have a high quality of code as well, thanks to their experienced developers.

I’ve changed a few of their project managers over the partnership for a variety of differences: they weren’t meeting deadlines, our expectations and my expectations were different, and they thought they knew more about the project than I did.

One person started off and took a while to get up to speed. Once I told him exactly what way I wanted the work done and how we ran meetings, he adhered to those guidelines and became one of the best managers I had. I might have been a pain to him, but he was a better project manager at the end of it.

I already have.

Dev Staff Augmentation for Software Development Firm

"Something that impressed me was their ability to respond to various talent needs quickly."

Q4 2016 - Q2 2018

Archer Software provided development staff augmentation services. They did a wide variety of work including maintaining parts of a platform, developing a new codebase from scratch, and migrating an existing UI.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Soren Harner
Former VP of Engineering, MuleSoft

In addition to doing high-quality work, Archer Software was always swift to address and solve any issues that arose. They worked collaboratively to adhere to timelines and provided another project manager to ensure solid communication. Overall, they were a flexible and responsive partner.

I am the former VP of engineering at Mulesoft.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

At Mulesoft, I wanted to address the challenge of finding and retaining good frontend developers to work on the AnyPoint Platform. We had a talent shortage and needed team augmentation.

They provided us with a team of frontend developers, as well as QA and test automation teammates. Archer Software’s team worked with our different teammates in San Francisco and Argentina.

They also provided us with two project managers who helped to coordinate the interactions because the Archer Software team was working with different directors and managers within the MuleSoft team.

The range of the work they did was wide. It was everything from the maintenance of fairly mature parts of the platform to completely new development. For example, they wrote a module of the platform from scratch, developing a new codebase and evaluating the technology.

Additionally, they also took an existing UI that was written in an older version of the Angular framework and moved it to a new version of the React framework.

We worked directly with the project manager. The number of team members varied over time, ranging from 10–20 frontend developers.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

We found them through a contractor who was working with us.

The contract was for over $1 million.

Our engagement lasted from late 2016–2018.

The quality of the work was really good. Whenever issues popped up, they addressed them quickly.

There were never any quality issues that persisted that we weren’t able to address. Overall, we were happy with their work. In fact, I’m working with them now and they’ve become a longterm partner for me.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Archer Software used our project management tools. We used Jira as an issue tracking system and agile planning tool, and they worked within that tool with the rest of their team.

Additionally, they were part of the whole collective effort to deliver under a sprint timeline.

They worked with us using the agile methodology, so we planned in terms of milestones and sprints. There weren’t any big deadlines per se, but there were a lot of short-term deliverables that were required.

Additionally, they brought in a second project manager to work with us to facilitate communication. Thereafter, communication was always top-class even though there was a time difference. Their team would stay late to allow for more overlap with our engineers, which we appreciated.

Something that impressed me was their ability to respond to various talent needs quickly. The reason we were doing team augmentation was that we were really struggling to find talent in the Bay Area.

When we had a need, we were able to put together a position description, and within a short timeframe, they were able to get somebody on the project who met the skill set requirements.

No, nothing comes to mind immediately. Overall, as an organization, they were great to work with. They got the right people on the project and responded promptly to any feedback or issues we had.

Archer Software communicated effectively and worked with us on budgeting. The team was elastic and was able to respond to the changes around team size based on the workload. They were always flexible when it came to staffing.

Try to make Archer Software as much a part of your team as possible. This will require a little more upfront planning and coordination. We got a really good result while working with them.

Dev Augmentation for Telecommunications Company

"They’re great to work with."

Apr. 2012 - Ongoing

Archer Software provided developer resources who built the frontends for Android and iOS apps. They integrated their deliverables with RESTful APIs and worked with a programmable call platform.

Chicago Metro Area
Director of Engineering Telecom Co

The initial release was adopted quickly without many issues in UI/UX, and Archer Software has continued to provide their development expertise in optimizing the performance of new versions. Expect dedicated resources who integrate fully with the project team and match in-house hours.

I’m the director of engineering at a telecommunications company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

I was looking to scale my team more dynamically and at a lesser expense than working with local consultants.

We started out as a communication company where a single phone number is attached to each account and it’s routed to multiple destinations. We wanted a quick mobile strategy, so during our first project with Archer Software, they developed an iOS app for our existing product as another way of retrieving voice messages and configuring the account. We stopped working together after that project. However, I needed to scale up my team a couple of years later. Based on my experience with Archer Software, I asked them if they’d be interested in a more long-term commitment where I’d hire developers.

They currently provide resources as I need them. We build the backends and the APIs and work with the software architecture that supports mobile apps. We’re trying to build a cloud-native backend. Their iOS developers started with Objective C and now they’re coding in Swift. Their Android developer started with Java and has since moved to Kotlin. They mostly integrate with our RESTful APIs and they use software development kits. We also use Twilio, which offers programmable calls and messaging. They use common libraries like HTTP.

There are two iOS developers and an Android developer. I just recently engaged with a part-time UI/UX person.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

They were recommended to me by a developer from Ukraine who worked for me. I reached out to a couple of other companies and Archer Software was very responsive. Their responses were right on target.

We’re spending $240,000 per year.

We started working together in April 2012 and the work is ongoing.

The biggest success is that I don’t need to do any frontend development because I can count on them. We initially saw a lot of integration bugs, but over the years, they’ve improved in quality. There were some regression issues at the beginning that went away. They’re very dedicated to following the right processes.

Once the original mobile app was released in 2012, the adoption was very quick. We didn’t have a lot of usability issues. We’ve been iterating on that app ever since.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m the project manager and they report to me. We communicate via Slack and GitHub. We have a set of tools and standards that match my expectations for design documents and sequence diagrams. They have access to our tools and our network VPN. Their documentation is thorough, and they know I don’t like to make a lot of changes after the fact.

When it comes to communication, there is no barrier. They’re great to work with and they don’t mind the time difference. They’re committed to overlapping with us for a couple of hours in our morning. They’ll hop on Slack when we have big releases coming up and they know they need to be available. Even without asking, they’ll pay attention to conversations in Slack on how the releases are going. They’ll work well into the night to make sure releases go smoothly.

They’re responsive and reasonable. They’ve had some personnel changes over the years and I’ve had to find replacements. They’ve been very reasonable in coming back to me and telling me it’s not fair for me to pay for the person who didn’t deliver. They would offer a special deal for me. It wasn’t something I had to negotiate, but rather something they proposed.

There were a few instances where I wasn’t happy with the treatment of passwords being shared in clear text. Whenever I raised any concerns or issues with them, they took care of them immediately.

The setup I have with them is a little unusual. They do a lot more project work. I understand they’re a full shop with a QA department and project managers, but I was able to do a lot of that myself. They were flexible in offering developer resources whom I directly manage. I’m not sure if that’s a model that will work for others.

Development Support for IT Companies

“The level of services is highly competent, personalized, and reliable.”

2006 - Ongoing

Archer Software develops cross-platform software including UI working with C# and DevExpress.

Israel
Hanan Ben-Asher
IT Professional, Multiple Companies

The reliable, stable software is critical to business success. Highly responsive, Archer Software’s effective project management ensures fit-for-purpose teams, strong project analysis, and clear specifications and documentation. Well-designed products are executed on time and budget.

I’ve worked with multiple companies as an IT professional including as an in-house R&D manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

I’ve worked with Archer Software at two different companies. With the first one, we needed to outsource our software development after a long process of development that was initially in-house and then with a contractor here in Israel. The costs were too high, and we needed alternatives.

Archer Software still develops all the software for the company I started with. I’ve now brought them in as contractors at my new company.

All the work is cross-platform. Our code is sensitive in terms of IP, so we only store it locally and don’t provide access to contractors. They’ve worked on some external components for us including UI, connectivity to other software platforms. They work with C Sharp and DevExpress, among others. They’ve worked with graphs and integrated report generators. They’ve been able to find developers with specialized competencies to work on older operating systems.

I communicate with the CEO/founder as well other company executives like the COO. I’m also in touch with our project manager.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

They were recommended to us by a close friend of ours who was also friends with their owner. They were a young company of about 20 developers based in Ukraine. We decided to try them and gave them a couple of test pitches. They performed well, and the interaction with them was highly professional.

The first company spent more than $500,000. With the second company, we’ve spent around $50,000.

I first started working with them in 2006 and still do so.

The software is part of our system. It's very important that it’s reliable, stable, and performs as it needs to. It's fundamental to our success.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Jira and communicate by phone, email, and even WhatsApp. I have the personal phone numbers of all of the project managers I’ve worked with and most of the company executives.

We’ve worked with some great project managers who manage things very well as well as a few bad project managers that didn’t. The company management follows everything very carefully, though, and listens. Two of the project managers that I've said weren’t suitable for our project ended up out of the company. They listen and try to understand what the customer needs. If the team doesn't perform as expected, they respond very well.

They’ve helped us organize ourselves more effectively. When you work with a developer that is nearby, you don’t always pay enough attention to thorough documentation and proper definition of product specifications because you believe that you can change things easily. When you outsource to a remote location like with Archer Software for us—an arrangement that also includes a language barrier—you have to take more time and think more deeply about your specifications. In the end, you get a superior product that is better designed and executed.

The main thing is their ability to dive into projects quickly with a professional team built specifically for each project. They analyze the project, understand the competencies required, and staff the team appropriately. The level of services is highly competent, personalized, and reliable.

They also make sure I get the service that I need on time. In cases when there’s been a delay, they’ve worked through weekends or holidays to meet deadlines and didn’t charge more for it. They take responsibility for the timetable and deliver what they promise on time and within budget.

They're growing, and it’s not as easy as it used to be to find highly-qualified developers. It's become harder for them to keep their prices competitive while maintaining quality.

Dev Partnership For Product Consultant

“They help me provide wider service and better value propositions.”

Jan. 2009 - Ongoing

Archer Software acts as the external development team for a consulting firm. They manage front- and backend development, QA, DevOps, and system integration in a variety of technologies.

San Francisco Bay Area
CEO, Product Agency

Archer Software is a strong strategic partner and assists with development gaps from ideation to product delivery. They are communicative and creative and their process lends itself to long-term business relationships.

I run a consulting firm that helps companies close gaps around product, UX, and development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

I originally needed a company that could help with iOS development and support future development projects for both my own company and my clients.

They act as my development team. We’ve worked together on many projects in a variety of technologies. I work with their backend developers in Java, Python, or PHP; their frontend developers in HTML, Bootstrap, and React; their QA teams for manual testing, QA automation, and regression testing; and a DevOps/NetOps team for production. They provide expertise in iOS, Android, and web apps. We also integrate into payment systems like Stripe and support systems like Zendesk. I provide designs and Archer helps us build everything.

The numbers fluctuate from project to project but they have a team of about 40 developers. We work with front- and backend developers, QA teams, a database development team, and a couple of project managers.

How did you come to work with Archer Software?

The CTO at a cybersecurity company recommended them. We looked into their services and started working together.

We’ve worked together for almost a decade and have spent in the $1 million–$9 million range on their services.

We started working together in 2009 and have an ongoing relationship.

They help me provide wider service and better value propositions to my clients. They help with gaps in ideation and strategy, rapidly create UX prototypes and proofs of concept, and build, maintain, or upgrade projects. They offer a full range of services to our clients, from development to daily operation.

How did Archer Software perform from a project management standpoint?

All of their developers and project managers are great communicators. We have daily meetings across multiple channels, including Skype, Slack, or video calls. We also use project management tools like Jira and other systems.

They are strong strategic partners. We have a close and open relationship and they go beyond simple coding. They come up with ideas and solutions and I don’t have to be minutely detailed when I spec out a project. They help me define, build, and maintain our systems.

We occasionally have minor issues but there are no major problems they should change. They’re a well-oiled machine.

Have an open conversation about your goals and make sure there is potential for a long-term relationship. Take time to build up trust and establish a partnership.

Website Development for Health Program Provider

"Having a high-quality, working website is so important. Archer Software gets a lot of the credit."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Fixing a past vendor's work, Archer Software redeveloped a pre-existing web platform. The primary new feature is a web app that connects patients with therapists.

Palo Alto, California
Ofer Ben-Shachar
CEO, Health Outcome

The number of patients using the site has increased markedly since Archer Software was first engaged. The redesigned site has a more sophisticated UI and, as such, has been well-received. Expertise and responsiveness are hallmarks of their work.

I’m the CEO of Health Outcome, an online exercise and coaching program provider for chronic orthopedic patients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Archer Software?

We’d previously hired another vendor to build our company’s website. The site was live, but missing a lot of functionality.

We wanted to create a user-friendly, fast, and reliable website for our orthopedic patients.

Several people I know recommended them to me. I checked their references and they all came back very strong. They’re also less expensive than similar companies in the US.

Archer Software pretty much redid the whole website from scratch because we significantly changed the UI. The site has an extensive questionnaire about users' health, their treatment, and any outcomes of their treatment. It also asks about height, weight, and pain level. Once users submit that form, we show them aggregated treatment ratings for each condition (e.g., for back pain, surgery is very low-rated, and yoga has the highest rating).

About a year ago, Archer Software built a new feature that is now in production. It assigns users to a licensed physical therapist. Users can interact with the therapist online through our proprietary messaging system. Users will log into the web application, exchange messages with the therapist, view exercise videos, and update their patient record. We track self-reported health, movement, and pain levels over time to measure pain reduction.

Archer Software built the new site so that it is compatible with most browsers and available on mobile, tablet, and desktop devices. About 60% of our users are on mobile, 30% on a tablet, and 10% on desktop.

They assigned four people to the project. We worked with a project manager, a QA person, and two developers.

Having a high-quality, working website is so important. Archer Software gets a lot of the credit. We did use an outside designer, but the Archer Software team is responsible for all of the engineering and infrastructure of the site.

Doctors are starting to refer patients to the site, and the number of users is increasing. Feedback has been very good. Anecdotally, a doctor told me one of his patients is a senior engineer at a Fortune 100 company. The patient said our site is one of the nicest systems he’s used.

My product manager engages more directly with the Archer Software team. He's very happy with them. They're responsive, and they perform well.

The success of a project like this comes down to the quality of the developers. Frankly, we weren’t happy with the first developer they assigned to us. We let him go after 3–4 weeks. The next developer that they assigned was sensational. They also provide QA and project management, which has always been great.

We wanted to hire a designer through them, but we weren't able to find one that worked.