We design and develop native mobile apps, fast.

Digital products should be more than just a few lines of code. At appssemble, we combine functionality with beautiful designs, to create digital experiences that solve real deal problems.

Product Strategy and Mobile Tech Consultancy

A great mobile application helps you achieve your business goals while delighting your users. Our team of product strategists help you identify and address the most crucial aspects of your mobile app, offering their best advice on what makes apps and people connect.

MVP Development

We like to call it Minimum Lovable Product because besides validating a need and helping you get valuable feedback from the market, an MVP should also get to the hearts of your users.

Native Mobile App Development

Your mobile application will thrive into the hands of our skillful Android and iOS developers. We bring engineering together with creativity and expertise on tiny screens, to develop mobile apps using the technology that best fits your product.

App UX Design

Together with our UX experts, we engineer pathways for your users to complete desired goals within the mobile app. To make sure the mobile application fulfils its purpose, we run usability tests in real-life scenarios.

App UI Design

We combine functionality with eye-candy designs, adding colour, interactions and all those twists and tweaks that make an outstanding mobile app design.

App Quality Assurance

No feature of your mobile app goes live before being tested. We run manual and automated tests to make sure of the quality of the mobile application we build.

Cluj Napoca, Romania
  • London
    London, LND WC2N 5DU
  • Amalie Skrams Allé
    Copenhagen, CC 2500
    Denmark

MVP: Wikitribune, aical, deliverer, luggage fit, do i need the umbrella. We also work with valuable players from the transportation sector, cryptocurrencies, IoT and online gaming.
voicecal Image

voicecal

About

Easily count your nutritional intake using your voice. voicecal is an AI-enabled application that uses Natural Language processing for accurately keeping track of the foods you ate.

Details

Calories counter using your voice. We've implemented NLP algorithms for detecting foods from over 63 native languages. appssemble was responsible for all the steps in the

development process (design, development, testing, marketing materials.

• Usability testing

Video

deliverer Image

deliverer

About

Deliver live video and screencast streams to all content platforms simultaneously. With deliverer you can live stream from both your front facing or back camera directly to your friends or followers, moreover you can also enhance your streams with AR/VR models.

Details

Live video and screencast streams to all content platforms simultaneously. In addition to

this we also added AR/VR model placing. The technology we developed is able to simultaneously live cast to multiple platforms. Out of the box the app supports integrations with Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitch.

Services

• iOS / Android (Swift & Kotlin)

• Integration & performance (C, C++)

• Usability testing Dates March 2019 - Ongoing

• Landing page

Agile - 2 weeks sprints Teleconference standups

1 iOS, 1 Android, 1 QA, 1PM

aical Image

aical

About

Tired of filling unfriendly forms for counting your calories? All you have to do is decide for a phrase to use with Siri, speak that phrase, tell Siri what you ate and an approximate quantity or take a picture of your food we will take care of the rest.

Details

Calories counting application by snapping picture of the food. In addition to this, the app also

offers the ability to scan barcodes and process requests received from Siri. Our team has implemented both the frontend and backend part of the app as well as the design.

• Backend development

September 2019 - Ongoing

Agile - 3 weeks sprints Teleconference standups

1 iOS, 1 Backend, 1 QA, 1 Designer

Doira Image

Doira

About

The neon prohibition is over. With the Doira app, you can now see how your neon would look directly on your wall using Augmented Reality. Configure your text, choose your favourite colour and send your request in one click.

Details

Augmented Reality application for placing neon signs and texts on various surfaces (walls, furniture, etc.). Our team was

responsible for all the steps involved in the creation process (design, development, marketing materials)

• ARKit

January 2020 - March 2020

Agile - 2 weeks sprints, Teleconference standups

1 iOS, 1 QA, 1 Designer

luggage fit Image

luggage fit

About

Measure your travel luggage easily using your phone's camera. Luggage fit will tell you automatically if your baggage fits the maximum size allowed by your airline.

Details

Measurement app for the luggages. Using Apple’s latest toolkits and our algorithms, the app allows you to measure your luggage and see if it fits in the cabin compartment of your favourite

airline.

• iOS (Swift)

• Design (Sketch, INVision)

• Backend development

August - December 2019

Agile - 2 weeks sprints, teleconference standups

1 iOS, 1 Backend, 1 QA, 1 Designer

fazan Image

fazan

About

The classic Romanian "Fazan" game, on mobile phones with the ability to play against the phone or another opponent.

Details

As challenges for this project we had the time sinchronization and real time communication between 2 players. We haven't used out of box solutions such as Firebase as the client was against those so we have built our own technology. The

communcation framework (https://github.com/appssemble/appssembleCommunicationFramework) works over WebRTC as well as in local networks areas where there is no internet connection. Our framework ensures real time communication and time synchronisation.

• iOS / (Swift & ObjC)

• Usability testing

September 2018 - December 2018

Agile - 2 weeks sprints Teleconference standups

1 iOS, 1 QA

Do I need the umbrella? Image

Do I need the umbrella?

About

Tells you what clothing item you should take with you every day based on the forcasted weather for the day.Never leave your house unprotected again!

Details

Number 5 - product of the day on ProductHunt.

• Manual

testing

September 2019 - Octomber 2019

Weekly updates, teleconference standups

1 iOS, 1 Designer

Explore City Image

Explore City

About

Explore city is an apple watch app that tracks your exploring progress anywhere you go and shows you exactly how much of a city you've seen. Similar with strategy games map, explore city works in the same way. As you travel to the city you uncover more.

Details

Build without a backend server, runs on Apple Watch. Was one of the first apps in the

AppleWatch store.

September 2019 - Octomber 2019

2 weeks sprints, teleconference standups

1 iOS

Mobile App Development for Fitness Company

"We’re particularly impressed with appssemble’s integrity."

June 2020 - Ongoing

A fitness company hired appssemble to build their mobile app. The native application is based on a membership subscription and allows users to attend live training sessions.

Clifford Midega
Director, Fitness Company

Though the app has yet to launch, internal stakeholders are pleased with appssemble’s performance. The team is forthcoming and reliable when it comes to deadlines, communication, and project progress.

I’m the director of a fitness company. We do online livestream training.

What challenge were you trying to address with appssemble?

We needed a partner to help build an app.

The appssemble team was brought on board to develop our mobile app. It’s a native app that streams live one-on-one or group training sessions. It’s based on a membership subscription.

I mainly speak with Dragos (Co-Founder).

How did you come to work with appssemble?

I found them on Clutch. I also had a friend who had partnered with appssemble before who’d had a good experience, so I decided to reach out to them. As I spoke to them, I felt they’d be a good fit for our project.

We’ve spent about €27,000 (approximately $31,000 USD).

The project began in June 2020 and is ongoing.

The app hasn’t launched yet, but we’re pleased with their performance so far. The team is on point and clear, supportive, and good with direction. They’re great at coming up with new ideas, which has helped move the project along well.

How did appssemble perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve managed the project excellently.

We’re particularly impressed with appssemble’s integrity. Also, their ability to stick to timelines is fantastic.

They could improve their price, but apart from that, they’re excellent.

Jump on board with appssemble. They’re amazing.

AR Mobile App Dev for Neon Sign Manufacturer

“…they took the time to understand my needs.”

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Appsemble created an AR-reliant mobile app for a manufacturer of neon signs. The team produced a platform for both iOS and Android that allows users to customize, visualize, and order any neon decoration.

Noisiel, France
Owner, Doira EURL

The finished product has boasted an impressive lead generation rate of 64%. Appsemble delivered an excellent app that introduces a novel concept to users: that the possibilities with neon signs are endless. With their dedication and timely deliveries, the team has secured an ongoing collaboration.

I work for a company that creates custom neon lights. We specialize in the recent trend of neon words and phrases as decoration, but we also provide traditional signs — for, say, casinos and bars.

What challenge were you trying to address with Appsemble?

Neon signs are handmade, so they can take the shape of anything. However, we found that customers, in the face of endless options, have trouble pinning down what they want. So, we wanted to standardize our offerings and to create a configurator that would enable users to design their own sign and then possibly order it.

I presented them with my concept for a web app, and my only requirement was that they integrate it with my existing platform and Stripe, for payments. We instead decided to do a mobile app instead. Appsemble delivered a few mockups and wireframes for me to approve.

They ultimately created iOS and Android apps that can visualize any phrase or motif as a neon sign. Inside the app, you can choose between different fonts, colors, sizes, and forms. You can then see how it’d look on your own wall.

They provide ongoing maintenance, insofar that they’re happy to incorporate any minor tweaks or changes. We’ve requested some font updates, which they’ve incorporated.

I was only in contact with the project manager.

How did you come to work with Appsemble?

My friend, who works in prosthetics, recommended them to me. They’d collaborated on an app made for doctors to show their patients how they’d look with a ceramic prosthetic. I contacted them after I envisioned a similar visualization app for my own business.

I spent somewhere between $10,000–$25,000.

We started the project in October 2019, and the work is still ongoing.

Our analytics have shown that once they install the app, 64% of customers request a price quote and are thus converted into leads. We’ve gotten very positive feedback from users who seem to love the app. It’s difficult to grasp how, with neon signs, the possibilities are endless — and the platform has been successful in introducing that concept to users.

How did Appsemble perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. We saw a very quick turnaround with the first version of the app, and they provided me with updates and were quick to resolve any bugs. We had Skype meetings every two weeks, and we utilized Google Colab to track and troubleshoot errors.

When I first contacted Appsemble, I didn’t think I’d actually work with them, because I knew that they specialized in mobile while I was only looking to create a web app. I really appreciated the fact that even though they knew their chances of winning me as a client were slim, they took the time to understand my needs.

The first version of the app was a little more fundamental than I would’ve liked, but that’s to be totally expected. They were very quick to deliver it, so I really don’t have any complaints.

Try to explain your goals in terms of the business impact. Instead of focusing on precise requirements, let them know what effect you want to generate with the product.

Mobile App Dev for Engineering Products & Services Company

"They really love what they do and are really involved in their work."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

appssemble provides iOS and Android mobile app development and programming for a project tracker. Their team also implements travel forms and supplies testing for the app.

Romania
Calin Osan
Engineer, Innotech

appssemble's efforts elicited a positive reaction from stakeholders. The collaboration and communication are good overall. Their team is passionate and always able to find a solution for everything.

I’m the engineer at Innotech, a stainless-steel installation company in the food and beverage industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with appssemble?

We needed someone to develop a mobile application that would overview all of our projects, as we have up to 20 projects ongoing at once. We needed to be able to see the hours, people, and resources we spend on each project. Overall, we wanted to be able to use this app to see which projects went well and which did not.

They developed our mobile application for iOS and Android. They’re now adding more features. The last feature we added allows us to implement our travel form. When we go to the customer’s side, we can utilize the travel form using this application.

There were two programmers, one designer, a project manager, and a tester.

How did you come to work with appssemble?

I found other companies and had some offers. My friend who works with appssemble recommended them to me.

Over 100,000 euros ($133,690 USD).

We started working together in August 2019 and the work is ongoing.

Initially, they weren’t that happy with the application because it was something new for them. It just took some time to get used to it. Currently, they’re happy and they like it. They see that the application makes their job easier on some sides.

How did appssemble perform from a project management standpoint?

The whole collaboration has been really good. Communication is good. We use email, Skype, and in-person meetings once a month.

They really love what they do and are really involved in their work. They’re really nice guys and always open to what we ask them to do for us. I’m 100% happy with the collaboration.

I have nothing bad to say about them. Everything is good.

I recommend using them. They can find a solution for everything.

Android Application Development for Furniture Company

"We’ve seen a positive impact in our company."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

The team at appssemble developed an Android application that benefits internal processes at a furniture company. The app shows a live stream of their workhouse.

Cluj, Romania
Vilcan Alexandru
Project Manager, Ecolor

The app is working well, delivering the right service for the client. Their skilled expertise is complemented by appssemble’s key design skills. Customers can expect a team that understands them and delivers on time.

I’m the project manager at Ecolor, a furniture company. I’m responsible for leading the engineering process.

What challenge were you trying to address with appssemble?

We were searching for a mobile app developer in our area.

The team at appssemble built an Android app to help our personnel. It allows users to live stream a video feed from our workhouse to our engineers. Engineers can draw work that they see through the app.

I had direct contact with the owner, who oversaw a team on his end.

How did you come to work with appssemble?

I knew the owner. After we discussed the project, we came to an agreement.

The project cost $45,000.

Our engagement with appssemble started in April 2019.

Their team did a great job. We’ve seen a positive impact in our company. The app is working as expected and is used by our top workers. Our goal is to have it used by everyone.

How did appssemble perform from a project management standpoint?

I had weekly meetings with the owner for progress reports and feedback.

Their team has great technical ideas and nice design skills. They’re also on time with every task.

No, they’re doing well.

The team at appssemble knows how to understand and deliver what clients want.

There was a set budget for the project, and they stuck to it.

Mobile App Development for a Travel Solution App

"They provided valuable advice for the future to ensure my product wouldn’t become obsolete over time."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

The team at appssemble was hired to build a travel solutions MVP. They handled all aspects, from design to development. The developers continue to support the MVP in the App Store.

Cluj Napoca, Romania
Andrei Cotfas
Owner, Luggage Fit

Helpful, responsive, and knowledgeable, appssemble’s team has produced a final product that internal stakeholders are pleased with. Customers can expect timely work and effective project management.

I’m the owner of a travel support MVP, Luggage Fit.

What challenge were you trying to address with appssemble?

I needed developers to build out an iOS-compatible app.

The team at appssemble designed and developed the MVP, which allows users to scan their luggage with their mobile cameras. They then receive information related to their airline and the fees associated with their luggage.

Though the MVP is built, the team currently supports any issues that come up with the app.

We worked with one developer, as well as the owner of appssemble, who worked on the UX components of the app.

How did you come to work with appssemble?

I was referred to appssemble by a friend, and ultimately decided to partner with them off the strength of that recommendation, as well as their low price point.

The project cost between $5,000-$10,000.

I began working with appssemble in August 2019. Though the team continues to provide support, the app was completed within two or three months.

I’m quite pleased with the quality of the final product. I also found the team at appssemble to be very helpful and easy to work with. The quality of work they produce exceeds their cost.

I also continue to rely on them for support now that the MVP is in the App Store.

How did appssemble perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed really well. The owner, who managed our project, was always ready to step in and clear up any of the issues we had. The team itself has been very responsive.

The team at appssemble really knows their tech. They provided valuable advice for the future to ensure my product wouldn’t become obsolete over time.

No. I thought they were great.

I would recommend others to use appssemble’s services.

Mobile App Development for Teeth Simulation Platform

"They are hard-working, serious, and skilled at implementation."

Apr. - June 2019

appssemble developed a mobile app for a teeth simulation platform. The team took pictures of subjects, created 3D models and animations of teeth, and built out the platform.

Romania
3D Artist, Freelancer

The app has recieved positive feedback internally and positive reviews externally. appssemble is organized and communicative, crafting a smooth workflow. The team is hard-working, dedicated, and professional.

I'm a 3D artist and partenered in this project with another entrepreneur.

For what projects/services did your company hire appssemble?

We wanted to develop a custom application for teeth simulation.

To create a unique application that was beneficial for both normal users as well health care individuals.

Found him online.

We created a mockup using 3d animations how our app should function. Taking pictures of the subject, selecting teeth, replacing them, etc. The developer then created the app after our specifications in every detail.

Not sure, we had contact with Dragos, the manager for our project.

The app was done really well and the users were satisfied. We mostly received good reviews. With good marketing strategy we think the app would have really a great success.

Very good, good and fast responses from Dragos.

They are hard-working, serious, and skilled at implementation.

Not that I could think.