Custom Mobile App and Custom Software Development

AppIt Ventures

AppIt Ventures is a Denver-based Custom Software Development Company with experienced App Developers focused on Mobile App Development (iOS App Development & Android App Development), Web Development, and Custom Software Development.  The AppIt Ventures team has a portfolio of more than 350 successful software applications and offices in three countries. For more information, visit appitventures.com.

Custom Software Development Services:

Our team of software strategists, designers, and software developers will guide you through each stage of the software development process. Custom software development services we offer include:

• Custom Software Development
  • ERP/CRM/CMS Integration and Customization
  • Legacy System Upgrades and Integration
  • Code Audits
  • Technology Consulting

View all our development services at https://appitventures.com/services/

Denver, CO

Greater Omaha

Intellidata

Helping Habit

Helping Habit - Mobile App Development Project

Helping Habit aims to be a bridge between volunteers and nonprofits. It allows a nonprofit organization the flexibility to post all of their events on a platform that is easy to use and a way to make direct connections with new and existing volunteers. AppIt Ventures worked with Helping Habit to learn exactly what their users, both nonprofits and volunteers, really need, and our design team spearheaded the effort to making all of those features easily accessible and understandable.

Helping Habit originally came to AppIt Ventures about a year before the original development was completed. We had a very thorough Initial Engagement, creating plans for several iterations of the product, the client then worked with a branding company to finalize the product name and other details. All development was completed in about three months, as the client used AppIt Rapid Development to shorten the timeline and decrease his time to market.

Outcomes

After several months of...

iOS App Development for Maternal & Child Wellness App

"Their mentorship has helped us make our app an early success."

Jun. 2018 - Ongoing

AppIt Ventures is designing and developing an iOS app to help parents track food allergies in children. They have also provided guidance in marketing efforts and crafting a social media presence.

Ashley Adamson
Co-Founder, See Mama Bee, LLC

AppIt Ventures has been a collaborative and knowledgeable partner in the development cycle. Their involvement has improved the app’s expected functionality and design. Equipped with a well-rounded team, AppIt Ventures offers expertise in a range of services to address all possible needs.

I am a co-founder of See Mama Bee. It is a wellness app for mothers to track lifestyle choices and track food allergies in their children.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppIt Ventures?

We contracted with AppIt Ventures to help us develop our mobile application.

We are currently working on an iOS version, but we have hopes for an Android version in the future. My husband and I came to the table with an idea and a few graphics, so AppIt Ventures has been instrumental in ushering this application through the development cycle. We offered a color scheme and some thoughts regarding the UX, but AppIt Ventures crafted the logos, developed the screen flows, and handled all technical aspects. The app allows parents—specifically mothers—to record their wellness activities and track their children’s food allergies, which can then be communicated to doctors.

AppIt Ventures has been helpful in other areas, as well. If we have concerns for how we manage our budget, how we run our social media, or how we start our Kickstarter campaign, their staff has somebody that can help us.

We’ve worked with a team of seven people, which includes a project manager, graphic designers, developers, some of their marketing staff, and sometimes the CEO.

How did you come to work with AppIt Ventures?

We began this project with a different developer, and we did not receive nearly the support we’ve gotten from AppIt Ventures. That team’s expertise wasn’t quite what we needed, so we re-opened our search and selected AppIt Ventures because we thought that we could be collaborative and hands-on in the development of our app. Because they had staff photos on their website, we felt that we’d be working with people rather than just a company.

We’re anticipating a final amount between $50,000–$100,000.

Our engagement began in July 2018 and remains ongoing.

We have yet to launch, but we can attribute a great deal of our success so far to them. We’ve gotten tremendous feedback on the screenshots and functionality that AppIt Ventures has created. Their mentorship has helped us make our app an early success.

How did AppIt Ventures perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re very comfortable working with them. We receive regular updates, and if the entire team doesn’t attend a meeting on Google Hangouts, it’s still a majority of the team. We feel that we’ve formed a solid relationship with them.

My husband and I are not technical people, but AppIt Ventures has done a wonderful job of interpreting our notes and delivering something better than what we asked for.

No, they’re very professional and easy to work with.

Parking and Transportation App Development

"I would definitely recommend their services to anyone hoping to build a mobile application."

Feb. 2018 - Oct. 2018

AppIt Ventures designed and developed a mobile app that provides parking and transportation updates. Functionalities include mapping and searching capabilities, list sorting, and traffic alerts.

Colorado Springs, CO
Hunter Berge
CTO, Lot Spot Inc.

The completed application has drawn promising reviews from clients, a result of AppIt Ventures’ strong communication and organizational skills. The team is accessible and accommodating, evidenced by its willingness to expedite development to meet pressing scheduling deadlines with little notice.

I am the CTO of Lot Spot Inc. We are a parking analytics company that collects parking and transportation data and distributes it to drivers and organizations through an online dashboard and a mobile application.

For what projects/services did your company hire AppIt Ventures?

Our company needed an easy-to-use, yet an information-filled mobile application to distribute the parking data to drivers. We wanted to make it pain-free for drivers to find available parking before they arrived at their destination.

There were three main goals for this project. The first was to appeal to our customers—businesses, cities, and universities—by providing a mobile application to their visitors. The second goal was to increase the value of our core product by directing drivers to lots with open spaces—thereby increasing the efficiency of our customers’ parking lots. The final goal was to increase our name recognition by providing drivers with a useful tool they would use on a regular basis.

Lot Spot recently won the Rocky Mountain Ventures Business Competition in Denver, Colorado. Upon winning, AppIt Ventures approached us to discuss if we had any need for their services. We knew we needed to build a mobile application, so we included AppIt Ventures in our search for developers in Colorado. We ultimately selected AppIt Ventures because of their experience and price.

We had a series of meetings where we conducted plans for design, user experience, and execution. During that time, we were in the middle of our pre-seed funding round. We postponed the project for a few months until we had closed our seed round. Re-opening the project was simple and pain-free. AppIt Ventures was able to resume the project within two weeks of confirmation that we would continue work. Within three planning meetings, their team started work on the mobile application. The mobile application was comprised of three main features. The first was the ability to find available parking around a location and nearby facilities. This needed mapping capabilities, custom icons, and a method for searching. The second main feature was the ability to more robustly find parking using a list-style UI with filters and sorting tools. The third feature was the ability to submit alerts regarding parking. This included illegal parking, traffic updates, and inaccurate count alerts.

There was never a time where we were unable to talk to the right person. If we needed questions answered regarding tech, we were immediately connected with the lead of tech. If we had feedback regarding UI, we were connected with the head of design. And all other communications were immediately answered by the business team.

AppIt Ventures did an incredible job helping design and build the Lot Spot mobile application. We have shown it to a few of our current clients, and they could not be happier with the results.

For the most part, communication was efficient. Communications by email were taken care of within a few hours. There was a time when new tools were introduced halfway through the project, which added some confusion. It would have been better if these tools were introduced prior to the start, but besides that, everything was seamless.

AppIt Ventures was able to work around our schedule. We had a few contracts closing in September that required the mobile application. Upon discussing this with the AppIt Ventures team during kickoff, they accommodated their schedules and workflow around our needs. They were able to expedite the production of the mobile application on short notice.

The only area of improvement would be scope planning. There were a few instances where something that we believed was an obvious scope item was not added to the app and took some time to sort out. For example, an item on the scope was the ability to register and login with Facebook, but when we received the result of the first mobile app sprint, there was no Facebook registration option. Upon bringing this up with the AppIt Ventures team, they told us that a button on the main registration page was not in the initial scope and adding it would result in additional costs. Perhaps adding more details to the scope would be beneficial to future clients. Besides this, our work with AppIt Ventures was quick and pain-free. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone hoping to build a mobile application.

Always responsive, quick, and available.
    They worked with our budget to create a beautiful and functional mobile application that makes us proud.

Mobile App Dev for Healthy Meals Nonprofit

“They were very good with communication and making sure the project was successful.”

Jun. 2017 - Ongoing

Having used InVision to create a clickable, non-functioning iOS and Android app demo intended to obtain investments for full development, AppIT Ventures is currently moving on to full development.

Douglas Czufin
Founder, Cookinghealthyhelps.org

AppIT Venture’s demo has proved useful in fundraising initiatives and obtaining feedback from potential users. The communication is simplified and reliable, while project management remains accommodating throughout. Their timely delivery is also a notable strength.

I’m the founder of a small nonprofit that deals with cooking education and menu planning for in-need and at-risk individuals and families.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppIT Ventures?

We were looking to build a mobile application with a group who could work well with me, provide simple information and steps, and ultimately produce a good end product.

They used InVision to create a clickable, non-functioning app demo. The app is going to be unique in structure and will include recipes and videos. Rather than going through the cost of developing the full app and then changing it as I receive feedback, we decided to do the InVision demo app at a much lower cost. This has allowed us to work through a lot of the issues before showing it to potential clients and investors in order to raise money for full development. The app is for iOS and Android, and also involves building an administrative website for management.

There have been some challenges we’ve faced throughout the process due to the nature of how the app will work and flow. For example, recipes and selection thereof, linking for creating shopping lists, being able to attach things, and popups all need to work in a way that isn’t cumbersome. Originally, the recipes had the nutritional information on them, but AppIT Ventures recommended having an optional pop-up with the same information. There are now pop-ups that are linked to each recipe, as well as video links that contain quick demos for reinforcement.

I work with the owner and Brandy [Vice President of U.S. Operations, AppIT Ventures]. She has a team she’s working with, but I’m unsure how many people are on it.

How did you come to work with AppIT Ventures?

I used Clutch to research mobile app developers in the area and interviewed a lot of them. We didn’t want to work with a large company. I needed someone who could help me because I’d never created an app before.

The owner and I met when I went to Denver, and he seemed very clear about the process and associated costs. We also discussed ways in which the cost could fluctuate up or down.

We will be spending just over $60,000.

The app development is at a set price, which is helpful for me. They’ve stayed true and clear on that, and even though it’s taking a little longer, the price has remained the same. It has helped to develop a very clear budget for me in looking for investors. Everything is well-mapped out and itemized so in the case that I’m not able to get the full amount of money, I can pick and choose what I can afford.

We started working with them in June of 2017, and the engagement is ongoing.

I’ve shown it to clients who will be using it and to potential investors. The clickable app allows me to send a link to potential investors to either look at on a computer or phone. I can then call them and walk them through it, and I have a guideline for it which talks about the different components.

At this point, it’s giving me pretty much everything I need for fundraising. I’m also using it to get feedback from people who are either passionate or knowledgeable about this situation so that we can adjust the app going into full development.

How did AppIT Ventures perform from a project management standpoint?

Brandy and my point of contact keep things simple. We’ve met a few times during the development to review and go through the next steps. She’s made sure she has really good notes before we move on. They’ve continued to communicate very well. They’ve met all set deadlines and remained flexible and understanding when I haven’t met my own. We share emails and schedules online for upcoming information and meetings. They’ve also set me up with InVision so that I can stay updated on progress.

The communication and clear understanding of the process for a project my size, considering the amount of attention I need to complete it effectively, is great. I was anticipating people talking in different languages and not being able to obtain that focus, but they’ve been very good with communication and making sure the project is successful.

I don’t have any suggestions for improvement.

They’ve done everything they said they would.
    The cost is very good compared to what I initially anticipated.
    I’m mentioning them in information I’m sending out to people who are keeping track of my project.

Case Management App Development for Non-Profit

“Their grant allowed us to kick-start this project—without their support, we would not be where we are today.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

AppIt Ventures designed and developed a web-based application to help a non-profit organization optimize its resources and compile service data. They also provided grants for the project.

Sheila Mahony
Director of Strategy & Evaluation, Florence Crittenton Services of Colorado

Although the app had just been completed, it increased staff effectiveness and showed great potential for future use. AppIt Ventures impressed with their adaptable management, exceptional customer service, and passion for serving the local community. Their enthusiasm added value to the project.

I am the director of strategy and evaluation at Florence Crittenton Services, a non-profit organization in Denver. Our mission is to educate and empower teen mothers and their children.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppIt Ventures?

We needed to compile all the intake and service data that we collect for the teen moms and children that we’ve served. We wanted to put all that information in one place so that everyone can have access to it.

AppIt helped us develop a web-based application that utilized our resources with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.

How did you come to work with AppIt Ventures?

AppIt originally gave us a community grant for in-kind work. Beyond that, we’ve invested quite a large sum of money to the project.

So far, we’ve spent around $40,000 on AppIt’s services. They understand our needs and limitations as a non-profit organization.

We started working with them in January 2016. It is an ongoing project. We are currently working on the second phase.

We’ve just started using the app. It is still early in the process, but we are very excited about the results. AppIt’s work has increased our efficiency and ability to track services and outcomes for the moms that we serve.

In addition to the high-quality work they provided for us, AppIt should be commended for their commitment to giving back to the Denver community. We are fortunate to be the recipients of their first-ever grant opportunity. Their grant allowed us to kick-start this project—without their support, we would not be where we are today.

How did AppIt Ventures perform from a project management standpoint?

They are great. We communicate through email and telephone. We also have in-person meetings. We are pleased with our communication, and they meet all of our deadlines.

We are impressed by their dedication to quality customer service. AppIt’s responsiveness, flexibility, and collaborative approach all led to an excellent product. We would be pleased to recommend AppIt to other organizations interested in their services and tell them about our experience.

We really appreciate their great enthusiasm for our mission. They encourage us to dream big and make a difference in these young moms’ lives through technology. They really want to support us as a non-profit. They come to our events, which speaks to their commitment to be a good community member as well as a business.

Not that I can think of. I think they are really good.

Web Dev for Social Media Monetization Platform

"Our clients are very happy with AppIt Ventures' work, as are our clients' own customers."

AppIt Ventures led the development of the social media monetization platform for influencers using technologies such as Magento and WordPress.

Jim Kauffman
CEO, Rackfest

The company and its clients were very pleased with AppIt Ventures' work. The assigned team performed excellently from a project management standpoint. They were very responsive to the project’s needs.

We provide a web and mobile platform which allows celebrities to monetize their social media followings by selling autographed products.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppIt Ventures?

Our goal was to develop an e-commerce platform which could provide celebrities with the ability to build out their own boutiques on individual pages of our site.

AppIt Ventures led the development of our platform. The technologies used were Magento and WordPress.

How did you come to work with AppIt Ventures?

I had done work with AppIt Ventures in the past, not as a client, but by referring other people to them.

How much have you invested with AppIt Ventures?

The cost of AppIt Ventures' work was between $50,000 and $100,000.

The collaboration is ongoing, and it was started in early 2016.

We and our clients are very happy with AppIt Ventures' work, as are our clients' own customers.

How did AppIt Ventures perform from a project management standpoint?

AppIt Ventures performed excellently in this regard. We used Teamwork.com for tracking our work.

What did you find most impressive about AppIt Ventures?

I found AppIt Ventures' team to be very responsive to our needs.

Nothing comes to mind.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with AppIt Ventures?

I just recommend that clients use AppIt Ventures.

AppIt Ventures met all our deliverables in a timely way.

Mobile App for Arts Learning Platform

"AppIt Ventures is phenomenal in addressing needs and explaining issues."

AppIt Ventures developed an iOS and Android application for online arts learning which addresses accountability through a quantifiable method of assessments for performance artists in schools.

Executive Director, Arts Learning Platform

There was a good collaboration during the project. Everyone loves the developed apps, and they are working without any issues. AppIT Ventures’ principal was a good communicator who was able to understand the scope of the organization’s work and translate it to the developers.

Our company is the leading provider of arts education programs and services in Colorado. I am the executive director of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppIt Ventures?

We needed to develop an app which would address accountability through a quantifiable method of assessments for performance artists in schools.

AppIt Ventures developed our iOS and Android application. There were multiple developers working on our project, but I don't know the exact number.

How did you come to work with AppIt Ventures?

I had read an article about AppIt Ventures' principal, called him up, and checked out the company. After developing other apps with foreign companies, I was interested in working with a local partner. The accessibility, time convenience, and having face-to-face meetings were important to me.

How much have you invested with AppIt Ventures?

The cost of AppIt Ventures' work was around $50,000.

We started working with AppIt Ventures 4–5 years ago. The development took around 10 weeks to complete. Both apps have been launched on the market and we update them occasionally.

Everyone loves our app. It's working without any issues, and we've had a good collaboration with AppIt Ventures. Their principal is a good communicator, able to understand the scope of our work and translate it to programmers.

How did AppIt Ventures perform from a project management standpoint?

We didn't use any project management tools at the time, although AppIt Ventures has probably implemented something of the sort. I was kept up to date via email and always knew what stage was being worked on.

What did you find most impressive about AppIt Ventures?

For someone just starting a development project, AppIt Ventures is phenomenal in addressing needs and explaining issues.

Are there any areas AppIt Ventures could improve?

All organizations will look at cost, and AppIt Ventures may not have the cheapest offer in the market. They provide a different kind of service, though.

There were many occasions when AppIt Ventures finished the work before the scheduled time.
    AppIt Ventures is a pretty good company.
    I have recommended AppIt Ventures.

Mobile App Dev for Landscaping Company

"The workflow, from brainstorming to gathering requirements, to design and implementation, is well structured and well thought out."

Jun. 2015 - 2016

AppIt Ventures developed the company’s iOS and Android application for landscaping services using Objective-C and Java. It communicates via a REST API with a backend cloud platform.​

CEO, Landscaping Company

They successfully completed all goals related to the landscaping mobile application. AppIt Ventures was cited as a well-organized group. They provided good documentation, a good workflow, and had good communication throughout the project.

Our company provides landscaping and removal services. I am the president of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AppIt Ventures?

We needed to develop a mobile application that would allow field service crews to record their work through mobile devices, giving the management staff instant updates.

AppIt Ventures developed our iOS and Android application using Objective-C and Java. It communicates via a REST API with a backend cloud platform. AppIt Ventures assigned 2 developers for our project.

How did you come to work with AppIt Ventures?

I found AppIt Ventures on the internet after looking for mobile developers within the Denver area. I interviewed 3 companies, out of which AppIt Ventures seemed to have the best responses to my questions.

How much have you invested with AppIt Ventures?

The cost of AppIt Ventures' services was between $50,000 and $100,000.

We started working with AppIt Ventures in June 2015. We are working on ongoing enhancements, but the first production version of the app was released a year ago, at the beginning of 2016.

We have a central office which sends crews to remote locations, which can even be 50 miles away. One of my requirements was obtaining real-time information on what those crews were doing, recording their work in order to showcase their involvement to the client. The instant turnaround of information regarding the completed work was a key metric. Another goal was being able to visually present our data to clients. Both goals have been successfully accomplished by AppIt Ventures' application.

How did AppIt Ventures perform from a project management standpoint?

AppIt Ventures is a well-organized group. They provide good documentation, have a good workflow, and there's good communication overall. AppIt Ventures provided useful collaboration tools as well, including Teamwork. The developers and the customer are included in the correspondence around project timelines.

What did you find most impressive about AppIt Ventures?

AppIt Ventures is much more organized than other people I've interviewed. The workflow, from brainstorming to gathering requirements, to design and implementation, is well structured and well thought out. We haven't gotten this from many other agencies.

Are there any areas AppIt Ventures could improve?

Nothing strikes me as needing improvement.

I highly recommend AppIt Ventures, but I have no particular advice.

AppIt Ventures has a very good process for this.
    AppIt Ventures delivered 15-20% under the estimate originally provided.
    AppIt Ventures is very meticulous, and delivered our items on time.
    I have recommended AppIt Ventures.