Leaders in App Marketing and Strategy

Helping our clients succeed in the Business of Apps. App Promo offers Strategy, Marketing and Monetization services across iOS, Android and Windows.

Our Services include:

-App Strategy: We are experts at rooting ideas in business strategy necessary to mitigate the risk of launching an app and properly set it up for success.

-App Marketing: From PR and Social Media to Paid Media and Promotions, our app marketing experts will work with you to get your app downloaded.

-App Monetization: Whether you need help identifying a revenue model or have one that isn't working, our team has the skills and experience to make you money.

-App Store Optimization: Immediately improve app discovery in the app store with our ASO (App Store Optimization) packages for new & existing apps across platforms.

Toronto, Canada
  • App Promo Toronto, ON
  • App Promo New York, NY

Kellogg, Vitamin Water, Bell Media Inc., Ricoh, Funton Games, First Media Group

Social Media Management for Mobile App Startup

"The staff at App Promo is very diverse, has great relationships all over the world, and is a pleasure to work with."

App Promo serves as the social media agency of record. The team developed a relevant content strategy that highlights the mobile analytics and engagement market and produces a wide range of content.

VP Content Marketing, Mobile App Startup

App Promo produces content targeted to over 3,000 global clients across several countries and cultures. Because of their work, social media engagement is purely organic, has increased by 4,000 followers in less than a year, and is viewed by 7,000 people a month. The team is available and accessible.

Please introduce your business and what you do there.

The company I work for is a mobile analytics and engagement platform. I’m Vice President of Content Marketing. I’m in charge of media relations, social media, and content production related to our blog, white papers, and the guest articles we post on other sites.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Promo?

We received funding in 2013 from Sequoia Capital India, and have offices in Silicon Valley, Sunnyvale, New York, Los Angeles, and Mumbai. As a startup in the industry coming into the US market, we were looking for a partner that was more of a boutique agency that could give us a personalized service but also had a global approach when it came to social media and content production.

App Promo is our social media agency of record. They oversee all our social media, which includes Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. I collaborate with them on social media posts ranging from general routine corporate posts to posts about special events. We also completed an event in Toronto that they produced for us—a breakfast summit about mobile engagement and analytics.

How did you come to work with App Promo?

I’ve known the CEO for about 12 years. I worked with him previously at another company. I was working on a project with him for Virgin Mobile, and then I was in charge of mobile marketing for Bandai Namco. He was our social media agency there. When I accepted the position here, we didn’t have a social media agency, so I hired him to work with us because I had a positive experience with him in the past.

How much have you invested with App Promo?

We are on a monthly retainer, which comes to about $100,000 a year.

Could you share any evidence that would demonstrate the productivity, quality of work or the impact of the engagement?

What’s unique about App Promo is that because we’re a global company with over 3,000 clients worldwide, it’s really important to produce social media content that’s relevant not only in general terms, but more specific terms based on the markets we’re trying to reach. I was able to work with their team to develop a content strategy that’s relevant and speaks to the mobile analytics and engagement market. We needed to be conscious of producing content that might be more interesting to people in India or Europe.

We found that all of our social media engagement is purely organic. We don’t do any boost of any content. Our profile gets a tremendous number of views—about 7,000 people visit our profile every month. We have gone from zero to about 4,000 followers in less than a year. Because it’s all purely organic, 70% of the people that follow us are mobile developers, mobile marketers, or data scientists. That lets us know that we’re speaking to the audience that we’re actually targeting. App Promo helps us identify who our target audience is and then crafts content that speaks to that audience to keep them engaged. They help us grow organically, which translates into new customers.

How did App Promo perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re excellent. They are hands-on and available anytime. I work primarily with their person in London, which is beneficial to us because she has more of a global perspective. I find App Promo professional, engaging, and easy to work with. They’re available 24/7 if needed.

What did you find most impressive about App Promo?

In my previous job, they did App Store optimization for the mobile games at Bandai Namco, so I would say that their CEO is a very well-respected executive in the industry. He has a tremendous amount of integrity and is very authentic. He is very straightforward and honest about his opinion of what he thinks will work and not work. Sometimes I’ve found that some agencies have been afraid to really be straightforward. I appreciate the fact that he’s honest and will give us options for what we should or shouldn’t be doing.

The fact that App Promo is able to provide a more global perspective is important, especially since we’re producing an app for a global audience. There are agencies that are excellent in North America but wouldn’t have a clue on how to promote an app in Europe or Asia. The staff at App Promo is very diverse, has great relationships all over the world, and is a pleasure to work with.

Are there any areas App Promo could improve?

No. As a startup, we’re always needing to shift quickly, and App Promo is very nimble and accommodating when we want to change strategies or if we have a new idea we want to roll out. I haven’t had a negative experience with them. Their core strengths are App Store optimization, social media, and the press—these are the key areas in which I’ve successfully worked with App Promo.

Overall Score I really enjoy working with them and have a tremendous amount of respect for the agency.
    They’re always accommodating. I find I’m the one holding things up.
    App Promo is very cost effective. I’m based in Silicon Valley. Most agencies in Silicon Valley charge twice as much as they do.
    Any deliverables have always been on time or early. It’s been a very collaborative experience.
    I have referred them to other people.

App Store Optimization and User Acquisition Partnership

"They pay attention to detail and execute on the strategy they set."

App Promo has assisted in a number of projects in this multi-year partnership including the development of app store optimization strategies, as well as user acquisition campaigns.

San Mateo, California
Craig Weinberg
VP of Mobile Strategy, 3Q Digital

Providing a deep understanding of the mobile ecosystem, App Promo has garnered hundreds of thousands of users on apps involved in this long term partnership.

Please describe your organization. What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m currently the vice president of mobile strategy at 3Q Digital, an independent digital marketing agency. However, I’ve been in multiple mobile strategy lead roles where I’ve partnered with App Promo.

What was your goal for working with App Promo?

I’ve worked with App Promo on a number of projects of varying sizes. My first engagement with App Promo was to help me manage a mobile user acquisition campaign. In addition to user acquisition, App Promo helped to implement an App Store optimization strategy to increase our visibility across the app stores.

What was your process for selecting App Promo with which to work?

Gary Yentin, the founder of App Promo, and I have had a professional relationship for the past five or six years. Gary and the App Promo team have become one of my trusted mobile strategy advisors, especially when it comes to the mobile landscape and ecosystem.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

App Promo has helped me acquire hundreds of thousands of users for mobile apps that my teams have worked on.

Is there anything unique or special about App Promo that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

The App Promo team has a great focus on customer service. They pay attention to detail and execute on the strategy they set. They are extremely knowledgeable, reliable, and dependable.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

My only suggestion to potential future clients is to ensure the App Promo team fits the scale of your project. The App Promo team is a small shop. If you’re talking about a larger project, you might have questions about scale, and they might need to bring in some of their partners to make sure that they have the bandwidth to cover it.

I’m in the process of writing an email recommending that we use the App Promo team for a project right now.