Los Angeles Mobile Application Developers

App Makers LA is a full-service mobile application development company, concentrating particularly on software development and website design across all platforms (e.g., iOS & Android). Abiding by the mantra that technology serves as the catalyst that provides the platform to transform imagination into relation, we are devoted to assisting individuals and businesses, of all sizes, at any stage of the process.

The experience we’ve garnered collaborating with a plethora of businesses enables us to confidently guarantee that we will be able to accommodate any requests proposed by our clients. Indeed, our programming team, which specializes in multiple languages such as Objective-C, Swift, C++, and Java, has consistently developed software that more than adequately captures all of our clients’ technological innovations.

Los Angeles, CA
  • 1250 S Los Angeles Street
    Los Angeles, CA 90015

Mobile App Dev for Childcare Agency

“We’ve had a great experience working together. They’re educated, smart, and creative.”

Sep. 2017 - Ongoing

App Makers LA is designing and developing an app for Android and iOS. It has chat capabilities and matches parents with sitters. The team is also doing marketing, helping with social media and other outlets.

Jasmin Danialian
Social Media Manager, LA Sitters

App Makers LA is easy to work with and makes sure everyone is on the same page. They provide excellent suggestions and improvements without forcing any changes. Test users love the app and think it looks great and functions well.

I’m the social media manager for LA Sitters, a babysitting company that connects parents with sitters. I update profiles, run background checks, and make sure everything looks professional.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

One of my jobs is to connect parents with sitters that met their requirements. That was taking up a lot of my time, so we decided to create an app that would automatically partner the parents with available, qualified sitters. We needed a company to develop the app.

We told App Makers LA what we wanted our app to do and let them guide us through the design and dev process. They’re building the app for both iOS and Android and also helping with marketing. They’ve suggested we sponsor the app on social media platforms.

Parents can go into the app, answer a few questions about their sitter requirements, and be instantly matched with a qualified sitter. They can then review the profile and decide if they want to hire them. It then sends the sitter a notification with enough time to let them get ready and go over. The sitter and parent can also communicate through the app.

We work with three people, and one of them is our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with App Makers LA?

A friend referred them. We researched a variety of companies online and saw that App Makers LA had great reviews, so we met with and then hired them.

We’ve spent about $40,000.

We’ve been working together since September 2017.

We’ve had friends, family, and colleagues review the app, and they all love it. They think it’s a great idea and looks clean. We’re excited for the finished product, but it’s already functional and reliable.

How did App Makers LA perform from a project management standpoint?

They have wonderful project management skills. They’re easy to communicate with and cause no stress. We communicate via phone, text, and email.

We’ve had a great experience working together. They’re educated, smart, and creative. They take the ideas you have and make them great. Instead of just doing their work, they take the time to help you understand the process or why their idea will work better. But they always let you make the final decision. They never pressure you to do anything you don’t want.

Be open and listen to their suggestions. You may have a certain idea when you start but listen to what they say. Their experience gives them great insights.

They always meet everything.

Mobile App Dev. for Counseling Firm

“App Makers LA is one of the most reliable partners that we’ve had the pleasure to work with.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

App Makers LA is developing a telehealth mobile app that connects users to healthcare professionals. They are scheduled to release the app on iOS and Android platforms in June.

Encino, CA
Manager, Mental Health Counseling Firm

App Makers LA transformed a derivative concept into an innovative mobile app. They are still developing the product, but its current state is functional and visually appealing. Their reliable team consistently delivers outstanding services at an affordable price.

I manage an outpatient mental health clinic.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

We wanted to build an app that provides live, professional counseling for our clients. Existing clients would be able to attend sessions from the comfort of their homes, and patients who reside far away from our physical location would have access to our services. We’re a small private company, so we needed an affordable app developer to help us build the telehealth network and grow our consumer base.

During Phase 1 of the project, we gave them a detailed description of the app’s intended purpose. There are similar apps on the market, so our challenge was incorporating groundbreaking features and design elements to make our product stand out. Fortunately, their team came up with brilliant ideas that surpassed our original expectations.

Once the core features and design were mapped out, they moved on to developing the HIPAA compliant app for both Android and iOS systems. One amazing privacy feature that they are working on is the in-app telephone system that allows our patients and health professionals to connect without revealing their personal contact information.

We have three project managers who oversee a group of 15 designers and 15 developers.

How did you come to work with App Makers LA?

They were recommended to us by one of their former clients who received positive feedback for their app. Their client’s enthusiasm was a good indicator that App Makers LA would be a great fit for our project.

Developing the app has cost us approximately $65,000.

We commissioned the project in November 2017, and we plan to conclude in June 2018.

Although they are still working on the app, we are impressed by what they’ve built so far. There are no bugs, the features are operative, and the UI met our expectations. We plan to conduct beta testing soon to get a more accurate assessment of their work.

How did App Makers LA perform from a project management standpoint?

They constantly provide status updates via phone, text, email, and occasional meetings in our office. We’ve never had an issue with late or unsatisfactory deliverables. Their easy-going team encourages a fun working environment without sacrificing professionalism.

App Makers LA is one of the most reliable partners that we’ve had the pleasure to work with. Their frequent and transparent communication gives our team a well-defined preview of the end-product.

We haven’t experienced any issues working with them so far. Their project management and app development skills are flawless.

Don’t let their affordability deter you from working with them. Their talented team produces with ease.

Overall Score We never experienced any issues while working with them.
    Tasks were always completed before the suggested deadline.
    They were the most affordable firm that we could find, and their work has been satisfactory.
    They did everything that we asked and created a high-end app.

Mobile App Dev for Education Health Nonprofit

“I understand they aren’t the cheapest in the business, but they’re worth every penny.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

App Makers LA is currently designing and developing a health education mobile app for iOS. They’ve built a beta version, but are still implementing improvements to supplement an organization’s accessibility.

Arash Babadjouni
Founder, Doctors at Reach

An open and transparent approach to communication facilitates an inspired engagement. App Makers LA leads the development process while continually looking for better integration opportunities. Beta-users praise the app’s aesthetically pleasing design and practical interface.

I’m the founder and CEO of Doctors at Reach. We’re a nonprofit organization that provides health education services to socioeconomically disadvantaged communities.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

As we continued to host events, we realized the need to provide information to people on a larger scale. We searched for a development firm to build us a mobile app where people could access relevant information and learn how to get involved with our organization.

App Makers LA is currently building our mobile app for iOS. We also plan to develop an Android version in the future. They described the app development process and continue to guide us through each stage. We collaborated to design the app’s wireframes and they work diligently to implement the best UI/UX possible.

Our nonprofit works with several universities, so the app is an excellent tool for students and community members to connect with our outreach events. For example, we started opening our events with information regarding the benefits of proper dieting and exercising. We make that information accessible through the app and also post new data from research publications to bring users accurate content.

I work directly with three project managers. They lead a team of 10–15 developers and designers.

How did you come to work with App Makers LA?

I asked colleagues for references but had trouble finding a suitable vendor. I found App Makers LA on Skype and compared their customer reviews across multiple platforms. I got the opportunity to speak with them and everything seemed to align. It sounded like they could do a thorough job, so I hired them.

We’re paced to spend roughly $60,000 for the total project.

We started working together in November 2017 and the project is ongoing.

We appreciate the work App Makers LA has done so far. I've shared the beta version with friends, family, and acquaintances to gauge how intuitively everything functions and consider feedback regarding the app’s color scheme. Now’s the time to make changes if necessary, so we were open to that. However, everyone who used the app enjoyed it. They appreciated the user-friendly interface and attractive design.

How did App Makers LA perform from a project management standpoint?

They've been extremely on top of the project since day one. Communication’s never been an issue; they respond quickly to messages and reliably meet deadlines. We interact with the project managers through email, phone, and in-person meetings. They help us discover ideas to improve the UX and make it more enjoyable. I’m not familiar with the technology being used for this project, but they’ve gone out of their way to suggest new integrations to advance the app.

They've been creative with everything from design to brainstorming ideas on how to make the app more appealing.

No. They’ve been flexible in creating an app both parties are happy with.

Don’t be afraid to share your ideas. Be open and honest, and they’ll be receptive to your thoughts. Do this, and you’ll receive a product you really enjoy.

Overall Score It’s been an awesome experience so far.
    They’ve always been on time and very professional.
    I understand they aren’t the cheapest in the business, but they’re worth every penny. They work hard to develop a great product.
    They always deliver what I need when I need it.
    I’ve been happy with them from the beginning.

Mobile App Dev. for Middle Eastern Dating App

“They treated my project as if it was truly one of theirs.”

Jan. 2016 - June 2016

App Makers LA designed and developed a dating app focused on the Middle Eastern community. They built the app for iOS and Android, and also participated in monetization and marketing discussions.

CEO, Social Media Dating App

The app has several thousand users globally and the UI has received positive reviews. App Makers LA was highly communicative and available any time of the day. Their personal approach values customer satisfaction, evidenced by their strong online reputation and word of mouth exposure.

I’m the CEO of a dating app that focuses on the Middle Eastern community.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

I needed someone to design and develop my dating app.

App Makers built the app for both iOS and Android. They were also involved in a lot of marketing conversation about how to make money off of the app.

We worked with about 20-30 developers and designers.

How did you come to work with App Makers LA?

I was referred by a friend who had had a large amount of success with them. They seemed really interested on the phone and I felt like they were invested in the company and our success as well. We met in person about a week after that call.

We spent $50,000 total, with $30,000 for iOS and $20,000 for Android.

We worked together from January 2016 until June 2016.

We have a couple thousand users globally. The app is in a good position and completely functional. I’ve also gotten feedback that the interface is simple and very straightforward.

How did App Makers LA perform from a project management standpoint?

We were in constant communication and I could text them any time of day, even late at night. My project manager was extremely friendly and really held my hand through everything. They continue to follow-up with me, even though we launched back in 2016.

The main thing was that they were highly professional and were driven to help me create the most amazing application. They treated my project as if it were truly one of theirs. They assisted me was everything and were able to tell me what was right and what wasn’t.

I really can’t think of anything. They were just amazing.

They should definitely keep communications open and be open with suggestions on how to make the app better. That’s where App Makers really came in – helping me with how to make money off the app.

Overall Score It was as perfect as I imagined it to be.

Mobile App Dev. for Clothing Retail Platform

“They do quality work, and their customer service is excellent.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

App Makers LA is building an iOS and Android app based on an existing mobile site. They integrated features like pop up promos, notifications, and chat. The app is on schedule to be released in July.

Owner, Clothing Company

Although still being built, the app has received positive feedback from test users. App Makers LA is responsive and accommodating, quickly addressing any issues or concerns. They treat their customers well and make sure everyone knows how the project is progressing.

I’m the owner of a recently-started clothing company. I do everything, from design to manufacturing.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

When I first started, I used Wix for my website. They had a mobile dev tool, but I wanted an app, so I began looking for a firm that could build one.

I told App Makers LA to base the app off the existing mobile site. I then pointed out a few specific changes and features I wanted for the iOS and Android apps. I wanted all the functionalities, like pop up promotions, that were on the site to be on the app.

App Makers LA built in a notifications feature so that users will get push notifications instead of emails when a new sale starts or similar things like that. The app also has a chat feature that sends me an email that I can respond to directly.

I work mainly with two project managers. They each have a team of 10–15 designers and 10-15 developers.

How did you come to work with App Makers LA?

A few friends recommended App Makers LA, and I also saw they had some of the better reviews on Yelp. I talked to them over the phone and liked the way they approached my project, so I decided to go with them.

I’ve spent about $70,000.

We’ve been working together since February 2018. I plan to launch the app in July.

The app is still in progress, but I have shown it to a couple of close friends. Compared to what we had before, they enjoy the app a lot more.

How did App Makers LA perform from a project management standpoint?

App Makers LA is incredibly accommodating. Anytime I need help, they reach out right away. When you spend so much money with someone, that kind of service is important.

We mainly communicate via email and phone. We met in person to finalize the project details and get started.

They do quality work, and their customer service is excellent.

I haven’t had any problems. I'm very happy with them.

Know what you want. As long as you have a clear set of instructions, they’ll be able to do whatever you want.

Overall Score They're doing a good job. We're on schedule to release when I wanted.
    They’ve met all our deadlines.
    Every other company I talked to was either the same price or more.
    If you have any issues, they'll work on it right away.

Mobile App Dev. for Home Improvement Company

“We had a small idea and they helped us develop it into something much bigger.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

App Makers LA is designing and developing an iOS app aimed at resolving customer support requests more quickly.

Anna Tatishvili
Social Media Specialist, Home Improvement Company

Internal stakeholders have applauded App Makers LA’s work thus far. Ever responsive in addressing concerns or questions, the team’s flexibility, expertise, and patience contribute greatly to this burgeoning collaboration.

I'm a social media specialist at a home improvement company.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

We had difficulty reaching all of our customers since our lines were busy all day and we couldn’t always get in touch with our technicians. We wanted to develop a mobile application that would help us decrease the number of people who call us on the phone, so that we could focus on getting more customers to join our company. We were looking for a vendor to help us develop this application.

They took our idea and got down to work, handling both the design and the development. We're building an iOS app that will allow us to check where our technicians are at a particular time, so that we can estimate how close they're to our customers and make an appointment in that area.

We mainly work with two project managers, but there are about 15 designers and 10 developers who also work on our project.

How did you come to work with them?

We were referred to them.

We've spent about $40,000.

We started working with them in November 2017 and the relationship is ongoing. We plan to complete the project by May 2018.

Our internal team is impressed with the product they're building. We had a small idea and they helped us develop it into something much bigger.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're patient, understanding, nice, and easy to work with. They're available 24/7, so if I have a question at 10pm, they're ready to answer it. They're very helpful. We mostly communicate via email and text, but I've also met them in-person.

They're very accommodating, knowledgeable, and talented.

They've been amazing throughout the whole process. Reach out to them and they'll become part of your team.

I can contact them any time of day or night.
    They're very affordable.
    They've been on top of everything.

iOS Mobile App Dev. for Interactive Color Game

“They knew all the details of our plan and were always eager and ready to help us improve.”

Nov. 2015 - Feb. 2016

App Makers LA built an iOS game app for a startup. Working from existing designs and color schemes, they presented a detailed proposal and completed development within three months.

Owner, Gaming App

The final product is appealing to users and reviews are positive. App Makers LA were considerate and patient throughout the process. Interactions were professional and well-organized and they were always willing to clarify points and answer questions.

I am a co-creator of a game app.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

Everyone is on their phones, so we wanted to create a game that was fun and addicting. We came up with the logo, design, and the color scheme, but needed a team to help us develop something consumers would enjoy.

Based on our early interactions, knew right away they would be the right fit. We’re a small company and this is our first app, which they developed for iOS. They were very accommodating and answered all our questions. Customer service was extremely important to us and they delivered on that. Most of our work was over the phone. We were a little worried that the details wouldn’t be clear, but they made sure of everything.

Once we presented our vision, functionality, and design elements, they gave us a detailed proposal and a price quote. They were always considerate and we never felt like we were being overcharged.

We had two project managers that we spoke to directly. They had between 10–15 developers working under them.

How did you come to work with App Makers LA?

I found them on Yelp. I’m very immersed in what’s happening on Yelp and I try to read as many reviews as possible. They were very well-rated and were nearby, in case I needed to meet with them in person. Everything I heard about them was appealing. We contacted a few other app makers, but App Makers LA was the best fit for us.

We invested around $5,000.

We started working together in November 2015 and launched the app in February 2016.

We haven’t had a dedicated marketing campaign yet. I’m currently studying, so will spend more time advertising when my schedule opens up. We have between 200–400 users and have seen some money come in through banner ads.

The app has really good reviews. We wanted to be sure we had good customer service and satisfied clients. Users find the app appealing, engaging, and super addictive, which is exactly what we wanted.

How did App Makers LA perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed wonderfully from a management standpoint. We met with them once in person, but most of our interaction was over the phone. They were thorough and checked in on us to make sure our needs were met. They continuously impressed us with their work ethic.

They’re very patient. They work with lots of different apps and clients, and I’m sure it’s easy to get frustrated on their end. They never laid any of that on us. We began every phone call and meeting professionally, as if we were the first people they spoke to that day. They knew all the details of our plan and were always eager and ready to help us improve.

Honestly, no. I had a really positive experience and would love to work with them again.

Be open and honest with them and don’t be afraid to ask questions. They’re there to help you and to clarify things.

Their price was fair, especially considering how pleasant our phone calls were.
    They were super accommodating and provided great customer service.
    I would totally recommend them.

Mobile App Dev. for Construction Management Company

“The app has streamlined our entire workflow, improving productivity and customer satisfaction in the process.”

App Maker LA designed and developed an app for iOS and Android, allowing the company to communicate and share information to customers and employees.

Cofounder, Construction Management Firm

App Maker LA helped streamline internal and external business communications. Despite many requests, their team remained helpful and responsive throughout the project. Their level of customer service sets them apart.

I'm a partner at a construction company that a friend and I started. We mostly handle the sales aspect of jobs for various customers.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Maker LA?

We were having an issue updating our customers, from showing them photos to figuring out the best ways to communicate to them based on individual preferences. We wanted to develop an app that put all of our communication in one place, so both our customers and subcontractors could be updated in real time in one place.

App Maker developed an app for both iOS and Android, based on rough layouts we provided and iterated on together.

I primarily communicate with three project managers, but I think they have about 15–20 developers on their team.

How did you come to work with App Maker LA?

I met with a handful of developers I found through Yelp. Compared to others, App Makers offered reasonable prices and also brought some of their designers and developers to initial meetings, which made us feel like they'd be the most helpful partner to work with.

We've invested $75,000 thus far.

We've been working together since January 2016 and the app went live that May. They continue to update and maintain it as needed.

Thanks to the app, our jobs are going much smoother and customers are happier. The app has streamlined our entire workflow, improving productivity and customer satisfaction in the process.

How did App Maker LA perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very helpful throughout the process, despite the many changes we requested and opposing views my partner and I often had. Although we mostly communicated through email and phone, we spent a lot of time meeting with them in person as well.

They were very professional and helped us accomplish our goals. I don't think we would've had as good of a result with another vendor. I want my company to strive to offer the level of customer service they were able to offer us.

No. I hope they continue doing what they're doing.

Just sit down in a meeting with them and be open to their suggestions and feedback. Initially, we had a completely different view of what we wanted, but after hearing their input and implementing some of their ideas, we ended up walking away with a better product.

They finished the app ahead of schedule.
    They were the most competitively priced vendor we found.
    I've already referred them to a few friends of mine.

Mobile App Dev. for Parking Destination Platform

“They’re a professional group that’s always done their best.”

App Makers are currently developing a parking app for iOS and Android. They improved existing wireframes and coded a search functionality. The app features a map based on the user’s location.

CEO, Parking Company

The app’s current iteration has an intuitive UX and operates effectively. It’s hasn’t experienced crashes or received negative feedback. App Makers utilize a transparent decision-making process and can provide valuable counsel when needed. They reliably deliver high-quality results.

I’m the CEO of a parking app.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

I used to be a valet driver and often heard people complaining how difficult it was to find parking spots. I wanted to build an app that could make that process easier. Ideally, it would feature a map similar to that of Waze, where users could report available parking spaces, detailing prices and regulations for each one. With an idea in mind, I needed a development firm to build out the app.

When the engagement began, I had some requirements and wireframes in place but relied on App Makers to improve the mock-ups. We work collaboratively and they showed me efficient design approaches. They’re currently building the app for iOS and Android. The app includes a search functionality and features a map showing the user’s current location. It also allows people to post pictures of street signs.

Their lead product manager is my primary point of contact. I’ve been in touch with several members of their team, but can’t speak to the exact team size.

How did you come to work with App Makers LA?

I searched for vendors on Yelp and asked colleagues for references. I met with several companies, but none of them inspired the confidence App Makers did. I knew from our first meeting that I could trust them.

The total cost of their work has been close to $80,000.

We started working together in January 2018 and the engagement is ongoing.

I’m happy with the results I’ve seen so far. The few people who’ve seen the app say it runs smooth and it has a simple UX. I haven’t heard any negative feedback, but we’re not far into the process yet. There have been zero issues.

How did App Makers LA perform from a project management standpoint?

The App Makers team thoroughly communicates. I have some knowledge about technology, so I was able to understand most of the items. They never make decisions without consulting me, but also voice their opinion. Their expertise and professionalism have certainly been a positive influence. We haven’t used any project management tools. Instead, we have an email thread for updates and I call them for explanations when necessary. They care about the customer and never got upset over my inquiries.

It’s hard for me to put all my trust in any one company, but I would be open to building another app with App Makers. I prefer working with someone who can deliver an excellent product at a premium price, rather than work with a cheap provider that will do a worse job.

No. They’re a professional group that’s always done their best.

Clients shouldn’t hesitate to explain issues and allow App Makers to help them. Building an app is a complicated process with many unknowns, but their people know what they’re doing.

They delivered much of the work ahead of schedule. Even if it was by only one day, it was nice to see.
    I haven’t done much market research, but it seems like I’m getting a fair price.

Mobile App Dev. for Automotive Service Firm

"The experience is nothing short of great."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

App Makers LA is developing an app to streamline communication and customer experience. The app will likely launch in June 2018 on the iOS and Android platforms.

Controlling Partner, Auto Service Firm

Although there are no measurable results to date, the team’s energy and collaborative approach portends well for a successful engagement. They are transparent, thorough, and timely. Customers can expect competitive rates.

I co-own a car repair shop with my father. My responsibilities include payroll, advertising, graphic design, and customer satisfaction.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Makers LA?

Our appointment scheduling was done via an inefficient phone system, and we were unable to quickly share repair updates with our customers. As a result, we wanted an application to streamline our communications, scheduling system, and customer experience.

The engagement started only last month. Currently, we’re considering the iOS and Android platforms. We want customers to receive case numbers and view updates in the app. Additionally, scheduling requests should sync with my mobile calendar.

They expect beta tests in mid-May and to finish completely by June. We’ve also weighed asking for web development services to complement this project.

The lead project manager is my main point of contact. He has 25–30 designers and developers working behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with App Makers LA?

I found reviews of them online, and reached out to past clients, who only had positive feedback. This distinguished App Makers from other vendors I was considering.

We’ve spent $60,000.

Work started in February 2018 and is ongoing.

We don’t have metrics this early in the process, but I’m confident about the results given their past work.

How did App Makers LA perform from a project management standpoint?

As a hiring manager, I appreciate their transparency and enthusiasm. They are responsive to phone calls and texts.

Their team values customer service; they keep us informed as the project evolves.

No, I can’t think of anything. Their work is professional and exceeds expectations.

Don’t hesitate to ask multiple questions, request clarification, or provide a highly detailed scope. They’re patient, amenable, and ideal for app development.

Overall Score They’re friendly, informative, and a pleasure to work with. The experience is nothing short of great.
    They’ve met every deadline.
    They’re competitively priced for their market.
    We don’t have final products yet, but their customer service is great.
    Their collaborative spirit is rare for a development agency.