The Mobile Experts

App Knit is a top Mobile App Design and Development Company with key focus on User Experience to enable more app downloads and better customer engagement. We have worked on more than 40 Android and iOS apps, all of which have an average customer rating of 4.2 and above (on a scale of 5). Hence, User Experience (UX) and design are at the heart of all the work we do.

Our clients love me for always asking questions to fully understand their business needs which ensures that use create betters apps. Quality is our top priority and so is keeping deadlines. We are always honest so don't expect me to lie to you or to your customers. We believe successful collaboration depends on truth and effective communication.

We don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. Once you contact us, based on the details you’ve provided, we’ll get back to you with some questions or a price quote.

Get in touch today to discuss how we can help you!

Chandigarh, India
  • SCO 168, Level-1, Sector-38C
    Chandigarh, CH 160036

Ravaanaa Inc, Urban Kiddie, tiktik, Hire A Buddy, Just Innovate Ltd.
Sharecity Image

Sharecity

Sharecity is an app where users can come to share Airbnb Homestays. They can post an advertisement for the Homestay that they have booked and try to find fellow travelers to share the homestay to reduce the cost of the stay.

They can stay in touch with fellow travelers and plan their next trip as well. The app has 2 modules. One for users and another for hosts to be able to manage the advertisement. We used Stripe to

implement the payment service in the system.

Social Image

Social

Social is an app which is very similar to WhatsApp or Messenger in terms of core functions. People can come on the app and connect with people who are in their contact list. They can start a private chat or a group chat with them. They can send them text messages, photos or videos. They get a notification whenever anyone replies them back. We used Firebase & Firestore to build the core messaging functionality of the app. We

also used Google Cloud along with Kubernetes to build a scalable backend for other parts of the app.
ADEQ Image

ADEQ

ADEQ is a platform to connect sports enthusiasts with their teams. Attendees can come on the app, make their profile, discover the events and tournaments that are happening around them, follow their teams, post pictures to share with other users of the app and chat with the players or other fans. Host on the other hand can create events, tournaments and engage with the fans of the sport.

TikTik Image

TikTik

TikTik is a social media application just link Instagram. People can come on the app, create their profile and follow people and interests that they like. They can also create posts to share with their followers in the image and video format. They can edit it, add text, emojis and filters. They can also check the latest trending posts just like in Instagram.

Tutable Image

Tutable

Tutable is a platform that connects students with tutors. Tutors can come on the app, register and post their classes based on the skill set that they have. They can set their availability and their per class price. Students can see all the classes posted by all the tutors; see the tutor's profile, the reviews and everything about the teacher. They can also chat with the teacher and ask them if they have any questions. Finally,

if they are satisfied they can make the payment and book the classes. After the class is over, students can rate and review the teacher as well.
Ravaanaa Image

Ravaanaa

Ravaanaa is an on-demand truck platform that connects Customers, Truck Owners and Customers. Customers can post a load on the platforms. Near by Truck Owners will receive a notification about the load and can accept the load or reject the load. Once Truck Owners accept the load they can then assign the job to a Freelance Driver and track the whole trip from his app.

Hire A Buddy Image

Hire A Buddy

Hire A Buddy is an app to hire human company. Users can come on the app and hire buddies for different purpose. Buddies get a request, they can accept or reject it. Once they accept they can chat with the hireer and agree to meet at a common place to spend time. Once the meeting is over, hireer and buddies can rate each other and the payment is processed.

Braingroom Image

Braingroom

Braingroom is a social platform for Students and Tutors. Students can see all the teachers and the classes posted by them. Also, teachers can post on a Social wall where students come and see all the updates. Teachers and Students can comment on the posts, reply, like and mention each other. Hence, its a full social platform for education.

Urban Kiddie Image

Urban Kiddie

Urban Kiddie is an app that helps connect new people in a neighbourhood to people who are already in the community. People can come on the app create a profile, become part of the groups and then take help from people who are on the app. They get help on nannies, jobs and any help that they need in the neighbourhood.

Recommend Image

Recommend

Recommend is an app that helps users to seek opinion on products from other users. Users can uplaod images of various products and ask the people in the commuity to vote on it and sek advice.

Faraya Image

Faraya

Faraya is an online discovery platform. Users can come and discover the best SKI Instructors, Clubs and Hotels near the region FARAYA in Lebanon. They can check the reviews that the service providers have got and if they are satisfied, they can book the service directly from the platform.

Wait For It Image

Wait For It

Wait For It is a Trivia Quiz app. People can come on the app, add the players they want to play the game with and get started. People will be able to answer all the questions one by one. They have 60 seconds to answer as many questions as they can. Once all the players have taken their minute to answer the questions, the score board is updated and the winner emerges.

Simple Rota Maker Image

Simple Rota Maker

Simple Rota Maker is an app to help users schulde roasters for their staff. Users can select a start date, an end date, they can add some conditions of must work and away dates and then finally create a roaster. They can also share the roaster over WhatsApp or any other communication tool with their workers.

LIT NITE Image

LIT NITE

It is an app that helps night club owners to engage with the users.

Night club owners can create a profile of their club on the platform via the web app. They can choose their profile, they can update the status, and also create events that people can attend.

Users can see all the nearby clubs around the via the iOS app. The map populates all the clubs near them. Also, all the clubs that have an event are marked

separately. User can also see all the news feed for all the clubs near them for upcoming events. They can also check the listing of the club and chat with the club owner via the app itself.
BeatBoxx Image

BeatBoxx

Beat Boxx is a fitness app that helps people to workout. People can come on the app and they get free access to 1 workout album. If they like the workout they can buy more albums. People are also rewarded for working out as they can constantly upgrade their profile.

Mobile App Development for Parenting-Group App

"They always did everything they said they would in a prompt manner..."

Aug. 2018 - Nov. 2019

App Knit created an iOS app. Beyond development, responsibilities included creating user stories, consulting on accessibility, testing functionalities, and launching the product.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Danielle Eriksson
Founder and Project Manager, UrbanKiddie

Internal stakeholders are exceptionally pleased with the live solution. App Knit was easy to work with, and they maintained a professional communication style. Their wide range of skills enabled them to transform a vision into a quality product.

I am the Founder of UrbanKiddie, a free free parenting-group App that connects expecting or current moms AND dads within local neighborhoods for advice and camaraderie regarding pregnancy, babies, toddlers & big kids as well as relationships, family life, parenting, work/life balance and community. This is a self-funded project that just finished development and is live on the iOS App Store. Marketing will commence shortly.

For what projects/services did your company hire App Knit?

They developed the entire mobile application and 2 updates/revisions.

I wanted to create an app where parents could discover a network of families with similarly aged children to help them navigate their local community regarding a variety of topics, such as what are the best playgrounds and baby classes to the more important matters such as how to find a good nanny or which schools to choose for your children, or what part-time jobs are available. Parents can also connect to the global community or on a regional level to ask higher level, non-location specific questions and share information and resources about all parenting-related topics.

I found Sumit and the App-Knit team using Upwork.

Once I had hired the team after interviewing and searching on Upwork, we immediately started conversations about the app and the environment and functionalities I was looking for.

They built a workflow and we made revisions as necessary. Then they sent me user stories and we made revisions. Alongside this content and framework build, we also collaborated regarding the look and feel of the app and exchanged ideas for any images to be used in the app.

After this planning period they started to build the app, keeping me updated of progress all along the way. Once the app was built, we did a testing phase and made changes, as necessary.

Then they posted the app on the app store where it was accepted for the platform. The initial launch was great and I was very satisfied with the app and how it worked, which was exactly how I had communicated I wanted the app to work.

In the next few months I decided on a few different functionalities to add, and used Sumit's team to make those updates. We just finished the last one and the current and most updated version of the app is available in the iOS store.

The team at App-Knit that worked on my specific project comprised of four different individuals, all with different specialties and skills to contribute toward creating the app.

I dealt mostly with Sumit and Saanchi who are the two in customer facing roles and both were easy to work with, trustworthy and reliable. I would recommend working with either of them.

Sumit is the founder and he is great to work with; professional, well-spoken, a clear communicator and always direct and reliable in terms of the final product. I would enjoy working with this team again .

The app was developed and updated, just recently having gone live in the App Store in its most recent version. Marketing will commence shortly. I am so happy with the way the app turned out!

Sumit was a pleasure to work with for the first half of development. After that the project manager Saanchi took over and I was happy with the communication and outcome of all discussions that took place between myself and the App-Knit team. They always did everything they said they would in a prompt manner and were very professional and communicated effectively.

I was impressed with the team, and how they executed on concepts discussed and with different skill sets were able to create the app I was imagining.

I honestly can't think of anything. I was pleased with the outcome of the app.

Easy and they always worked around my schedule
    Great value
    Great quality of work
    I would 100% recommend and/or refer App Knit to a friend, family or acquaintance.

Mobile App Development for Travel Sharing Startup

"The skillset and technical knowledge of App Knit was a highlight."

Jan. - June 2019

App Knit performed end-to-end app development including scoping, wireframes, designs and code writing to create a working prototype for an iOS mobile app startup.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hussain Rashid
CEO, Travel Sharing App

The application was successfully launched and received positive feedback from stakeholders on its design. App Knit's team was extremely knowledgeable and efficient, demonstrating significant expertise in the technologies and working rapidly to ensure constant progress.

I am the founder and CEO of ShareCity, Inc. ShareCity has developed a mobile app that connects travelers to a destination to share holiday accommodation together and split costs.

For what projects/services did your company hire App Knit?

To develop an iOS mobile app for ShareCity.

I wanted a working product that I could launch and test for proof of concept.

I compared reviews and ratings and looked at past projects, assessed relevant knowledge and skills, and did a cost comparison.

The project involved scoping through user stories, which then led to wireframing, designs, prototyping and final build followed by testing and release.

I was assigned a project lead who I worked with as my primary point of contact. The project manager, Sumit, was also available if I had to escalate. Under the lead there were developers, designers and testers but I mainly worked with the lead and project manager.

The product was developed as per instructions. The design was a highlight as was the flow and backend. Testing identified quite a few issues all of which were resolved as part of the testing stage. The goal of launching a working product was accomplished!

App Knit team were efficient in their project management and kept me informed throughout the project.

The skillset and technical knowledge of App Knit was a highlight. The company had excellent communication.

While the project was delivered successfully, it met with some delays. App Knit may need to work on estimating accurately the completion timeline. Having said that, I was kept aware of the upcoming delays and reasons behind the delay which were well justified. I was fairly flexible so in the end the slight delay did not negatively impact me. I am very happy with the outcome of the project.

Development of Family Trivia Game Mobile App

"Workflow and communication were excellent throughout the project."

Nov. 2018 - May 2019

App Knit led front- and backend development for an iOS trivia game app. They created user stories, a backend database, and a frontend UX.

Julie Holmes
Co-Founder & Managing Director, Just Innovate Ltd

The working app launched in the App Store and has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. The team corrected issues quickly and responded equally as promptly to other concerns. App Knit's commitment to meeting deadlines made them a valuable partner.

I’m the founder and managing director of Just Innovate Ltd, a product development company.

For what projects/services did your company hire App Knit?

We needed help to create a Family Trivia Game mobile app for iOS.

We wanted an app that could meet a specific functionality and user experience that was easy, fun and engaging.

After interviewing multiple development organizations, App Knit won our business due to their generosity with their time during the sales process. They ensured we would be comfortable during the project. It was clear they understood what we were trying to achieve from the very beginning.

App Knit started by creating user stories. Next, they delivered hi-res wireframes followed by a prototype. Throughout the journey, the team accepted our adjustments, clarifications, and changes. They produced the administration tool and app for testing.

App functionality included a backend database that tracks trivia questions by age, category, and difficulty as well as the frontend UX. Finally, they fixed errors and made a few additional adjustments that we hadn't realized were needed during the design.

Sumit (Founder and CEO, App Knit) handled all project communication and served as our project manager.

Our app is live on the App Store and initial feedback has been very positive.

Workflow and communication were excellent throughout the project. Sumit was always courteous and quick to respond to questions or requests. He often went above and beyond to make recommendations that clearly demonstrated App Knit’s expertise. We used email and WhatsApp for day-to-day communication. The project ran smoothly even though I was splitting my time between the UK and the US.

I really appreciated App Knit’s commitment to the project. At no point did I feel they had forgotten about me or my project. They were extremely respectable in terms of milestones and project payments. Expectations for each milestone were clearly documented. Parts of the project took them longer than expected, but I was impressed that they honored their quote without questions.

I would have loved for them more resources so we could have gotten things done faster. However, I respect that they honored the timeline that was quoted.

Overall Score They provide reliable, brilliant, and great results.
    The schedule was so easy.
    They're not the least expensive, but they're very reasonable on price.
    They were excellent.
    We've already referred App Knit to others.

Development for Sports Application

“… we felt like we were one team by the second call.”

App Knit led a first-time app developer from an initial idea through the entirety of their app creation process. They helped plan roll-out timelines, design and build the app, and develop a marketing strategy.

Jason Gaines
CEO, Adeqsports

The engagement resulted in a well-received final product that exceeded expectations. App Knit was transparent and extremely cost-efficient. Throughout the development process, their team behaved with integrity and used best practices, prioritizing the goals and needs of the product team.

I'm the Founder and CEO of a mobile application that connects people to sports, keeping them up to date with various different events like games, tournaments, and other sports-related information.

What challenge were you trying to address with App Knit?

I am very new to the app space, and while I had an idea that I wanted to convey to the general public, I didn’t know how to build an app. We actually had a local developer in place, but as we were going through the process, that individual decided they didn’t have enough time and backed out.

My biggest challenge was finding a credible, honest developer that was cost-efficient but also understood my vision and how to help me get it out there.

App Knit has been very helpful in every step of the process. Beyond designing and building technical features such as geolocation for our iOS app, they’ve helped out in every facet of the project. Whether it was assisting with marketing, or explaining who our target audience is and how we can reach them, they’ve helped us understand what makes sense in the space and what our target dates for product roll-outs should be.

A lot of service-oriented companies will just do whatever you’re willing to pay for, but App Knit helped us slow down and focus on first steps—like rolling out an MVP—that would set us up to accomplish our big audacious goal further down the road.

Our main point of contact was Sumit (Founder & CEO, App Knit), who worked with about 3–4 other individuals on his team.

How did you come to work with App Knit?

We found App Knit on a third-party site. Though I was concerned about the inability to meet in person with their team, my concerns were put at ease as soon as we started the interview process with App Knit. Even through Skype calls, we quickly developed an excellent rapport.

We have spent around $8,000 so far.

We started in January 2019 and the project is still ongoing. The iOS app has been complete for about a month and a half, but we’ve been continuing to tweak and make little changes as we go on.

First, the app wouldn’t exist without their help. We wouldn’t be where we are if it wasn’t for the App Knit team. Other vendors we spoke to were way more expensive, and Sumit and his team have been awesome throughout the entire project, so we really appreciate them.

How did App Knit perform from a project management standpoint?

I would give them 10 stars if I could. They have a really impressive skill set, but more importantly, they are flexible and are really good people. It’s been amazing to have a project team that is not only staying on top of their work but also making sure I’m doing everything I need to balance the project with my job, my family, and everything else.

They began to act more as a partner than as a contractor. We have very open communication channels, mostly using Skype calls and emails. Any time we have a question, or if we need to plan our next steps ahead of time, there is a fairly consistent back and forth.

They were extremely transparent. Sumit paid attention to what we wanted to get accomplished, to the point where we felt like we were one team by the second call. I vividly remember after our first call with Sumit, my business partner and I felt very comfortable in regard to the whole interview process because we knew that the App Knit team was a great option. They made us feel very happy and we trusted them almost immediately.

They were very conscious of our goals, especially from a financial standpoint. The whole time, they kept our financial needs in mind and never pushed us to pay more throughout the project. We spent a lot of time breaking down how we could be cost-conscious while still getting a great product, and it paid off.