Techspiration Unleashed

We specialize in custom software development for Small and Medium Enterprises and Startups. We have extensive experience and expertise in developing  Custom Web applications, Android and iOS Mobile applications and in IoT Applications are are passionate about building them for our clients.

We are your technology specialists, ensuring the highest quality, most cost effective, personalized, targeted strategies that encompass your vision of becoming the most successful, profitable leaders in your field - We are AOT Technologies, your IT Services Partner!

Victoria, Canada

• Travel Industry Startup
  • Major IT Consulting Company
  • Another Major International IT Company

Software Development for Private Equity Firm

“They have a lot of resources on their team with broad expertise ...”

Dec. 2017 - Dec. 2018

AOT Technologies provided one software developer to provide development services as needed.

Vancouver, Canada
Development Lead, Private Equity Firm

AOT Technologies provided a reliable developer as well as access to a team that could easily meet any needs as requested. Although communications could've been improved, they fulfilled client needs relatively well for the year they provided support.

I'm the development lead at a private equity firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with AOT Technologies?

We reached out to AOT Technologies for software development services.

AOT Technologies was hired to fulfill our development needs with one full-time developer resource.

We had one developer assigned to our account.

How did you come to work with AOT Technologies?

It was difficult finding the type of developer we needed locally, so we decided to contract out the work, and I already knew the owner from a previous engagement.

We paid $25 per hour for their services.

We worked together from December 2017–December 2018.

They did a good job at meeting our expectations and delivered what we needed.

How did AOT Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We handled project management, but they did a good job of communicating with me directly throughout the engagement overall.

They have a lot of resources on their team with broad expertise, so they were able to fill any needs we had relatively easily.

I'd suggest that they avoid being so rigid when given designs and provide push back or feedback when appropriate. There was an instance, for example, when we provided them with a low-res image and, rather than requesting a high-res version, they uploaded it as is.

There were a few times when delays occurred due to a lack of follow up.

Product Development for Medical Technology Startup

"Their commitment and competitive drive distinguish them from other firms."

AOT built a communications app with cloud-based solutions on Azure. Features include enhanced user security and documentation protections. Future engagement focuses on second generation improvements.

Founder, Private Practice

BETA test and feedback were positive. Functionality and versatility resulted from committed efforts to accommodate timelines and adjust workflows and team dynamics for maximized efficiency. Complimentary services and responsive follow-up demonstrated high dedication levels.

I the CEO at a start-up medical technology company that comprises providers and technology experts.

What challenge were you trying to address with AOT Technologies?

We are developing Canada’s only multidiscipline and multichannel healthcare communications app. We initiated Phase 1 with another technology company, but their poor pacing and communication put development behind schedule. With minimal progress in an 18-month period, we needed to make up time with a new company.

We have a cloud-based solution built on Azure. The communication tool allows healthcare providers to communicate by email, text, phone, or video in compliance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.

Accommodating the healthcare industry’s regulatory requirements was the biggest challenge. AOT made it possible for us to utilize protocols design around best practices. Our patient management software ensures data and network security, but the team also improved safety features that protect member information and exchanges between users in different fields: doctors, pharmacists, physiotherapists, etc.

Additionally, they provided complimentary design services that saved us time and money because we did not need to engage an additional web designer for presentations.

We had one project manager and one team member each for the project’s 5 solutions. The team brought on additional developers as needed to make up lost time from our previous engagement.

How did you come to work with AOT Technologies?

We knew the team from their work with the Canadian government and healthcare industry. I decided that this experience, in addition to their expertise, made them the best fit.

We spent approximately $300,000.

Worked started November 2016. Currently, we are lining up other unrelated projects with them for January 2018.

The BETA test performed well and feedback is positive. We are making improvements before conducting further tests and generating new ideas for the app’s second version.

How did AOT Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The team’s constant consultation and complimentary services were advantageous for our timeline. Their diligent follow-up included: continually updated price points, suggestions based on ongoing brainstorming, and rolling options for workflow and budget adjustments. Although our lost 18 months were detrimental, this team’s efforts put us back on track.

They provided scorecards to manage workflow expectations. We conferenced every Saturday via Google Hangouts to review progress.

The organization, enthusiasm, and complimentary services were clear attempts to impress us. They enjoyed our partnership and were intent on building a relationship. For example, they recently added an additional team member to accommodate a last-minute request for another built-in feature.

Their commitment and competitive drive distinguish them from other firms.

As a private practitioner with a full-time practice, I could not work on the app during regular business hours. However, the team readily accommodates my schedule; we recently met at 10pm. Furthermore, I have so many points of access to the team that there’s always someone available to field my phone call.

Overall Score We have great synergy. They have good ideas and are passionate.
    We made up time after being 18 months behind schedule.
    Their quotes were in line with market rates, which was a rarity. They guaranteed to beat lower prices and came out the cheapest.
    We don’t have a final product, but I’m extremely satisfied with what we’ve been given.
    No hesitation.

Platform Development for Research & Consulting Organization

"They are very thoughtful of our needs, and of what will best benefit us rather than their own agenda."

July 2013 - Ongoing

AOT Technologies assists with design and occasional development work for a web-based platform, enhancing its user feedback. They’re on an ongoing monthly contract for user support and maintenance.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Erika Heilman
Organizational Development Manager, The Kantor Institute

AOT Technologies produces high-quality work and is capable of delivering under pressing timelines. Through their transparency and reliability, they’ve supported and enhanced upon a user-friendly portal that clients are increasingly satisfied with. Their great project management is also another plus.

The Kantor Institute is a psychometric instrument company creating and delivering tools along with consulting services for organizations. We help improve leadership effectiveness and face-to-face communication. I am the organizational development project manager of the company. My role involves a couple of hats, including communication with practitioners and clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with AOT Technologies?

AOT Technologies had already designed our platform when I came on board, but we needed it to become more expansive as we took on more clients.

AOT Technologies worked on our portal. Their role has been extensive, involving not only design work but also the management of any inquiries coming in from our practitioners in terms of support and maintenance. They have also worked with us on making the design more user-friendly.

Our maintenance definitely requires a lot of work since we have global practitioners with very specific questions. New functionalities aren’t always fully understood by us in terms of scope, so AOT Technologies has helped on this front.

Once an instrument is completed, the platform can generate reports which practitioners can access and send to clients.

How did you come to work with AOT Technologies?

I came to the company one year after the collaboration with AOT Technologies was started. A previous employee had contacted them, requesting that they design a portal for our practitioners to log onto, access instruments, and create projects, which would then be shared with our clients.

How much have you invested with AOT Technologies?

There is a monthly fee of around $1,500 for the maintenance aspect of our work. If we assign enough design or development work, we will waive the basic fee and only pay on an hourly basis. We usually work under the monthly fee, though.

We started working with AOT Technologies in July 2013. The work remains ongoing.

Since we’ve been working on making the platform more user-friendly, our clients have been satisfied with the changes. We’re appreciative of the turnaround speed, and seeing such large advances from what our platform was in the past has been good.

How did AOT Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

AOT Technologies’ performance was exceptional in this regard. We had a pressing deadline which didn’t give their team a lot of time, but they made it happen by whatever means necessary. It was critical to our business, so we definitely consider AOT Technologies to be exceptional in delivering.

We communicate with two main developers. They bring on more team members if needed in order to meet demands.

What did you find most impressive about AOT Technologies?

They are very thoughtful of our needs, and of what will best benefit us rather than their own agenda. This translates into how AOT Technologies designs for us, how our portal is managed, and how they operate as developers.

Are there any areas AOT Technologies could improve?

I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. AOT Technologies is an authentic, transparent, and reliable company.

They were able to meet deadlines and arrange meetings with us, both internally and with clients, without any discrepancies or failures.
    There are many companies we’ve looked at, which delivered less for more money.
    The quality of the work is phenomenal. We are given options for different types of work, and it’s all high quality.

Various IT Services for Independent Project Manager

"The quality of AOT Technologies' work is literally the best that I’ve come across."

2015 - Ongoing

AOT Technologies has been involved in a variety of projects, including web app development, cloud identity management authentication, and a messaging system for a public health sector client.

Clint Reece
CEO, Bravo Zulu Consulting

The expertise areas of AOT Technologies is far-reaching, and the quality of the work is unbeatable. They offer superb customer service and consistently deliver beyond expectations. AOT Technologies delivers quality results at a very good value.

I’m an independent project manager. I work for all sorts of different companies on IT projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with AOT Technologies?

I’ve used AOT for multiple projects. I generally do large projects that require various sets of expertise through the full stack of development. I needed an agency to supply expertise in database, user interface, security, you name it.

They’ve worked on many different types of projects. I’ve done a lot of work with them on messaging systems in the public health sector, so there were huge security needs. They’ve also done cloud identity management authentication and overall architecture for full-stack development on a web app.

How did you come to work with AOT Technologies?

An enterprise architect who I know recommended them to me.

How much have you invested with AOT Technologies?

The projects range from $20,000 up to $200,000 each.

The relationship began two years ago and is ongoing.

The quality of AOT Technologies' work is literally the best that I’ve come across. They have a very deep bench of skilled technicians. They’re my go-to team when I want things done right the first time.

How did AOT Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a couple of principals in the company who manage the projects and resourcing on their end. Their customer service is excellent. They bend over backward to make sure the service is good.

What did you find most impressive about AOT Technologies?

It would be the depth and breadth of their expertise, their broad range of skillsets, and the quality of their work. I do wide-ranging projects, and I can get almost anything I need from them.

Are there any areas AOT Technologies could improve?

I can’t think of any. I’m very satisfied, and I use them as much as I can. They make me look good.

Overall Score Being independent, I deal with a lot of different companies. It’s a pleasure to work with the guys at AOT Technologies.
    They have routinely gone above and beyond to meet deadlines, taking work through the weekend. They do that on their own; I don’t push them to do that. It’s fantastic.
    It’s a very good value for the money.

Mobile App Development for Online Ordering Platform

"AOT Technologies has an Agile and efficient approach."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Assigned developers handle more than one project, but primarily, they collaborate with an external design team to build web and mobile food ordering apps that are intended for the B2B market.

Pirouz Khakzad
CTO, Moduurn

Clients can expect top-notch methodology, meticulous attention to details, and commitment to deadlines. The team is willing to push back and ask hard questions to ensure quality results.

We're a startup company developing a mobile online ordering platform for food services. I am the CTO of the company, and I also serve as a business and technical analyst.

What challenge were you trying to address with AOT Technologies?

We needed to develop a cloud-based mobile application that could be used for B2B services. We needed to find a company with a commercial-application development background, preferably one that could deliver our product in an affordable manner through a fairly aggressive timeline.

AOT Technologies developed our solution for web, Android, and iOS. We looked for a design partner in conjunction with AOT Technologies, and looked at various options, both local and overseas. User experience was a very important part of the application, so we spent quite a bit of time finding the best designer possible.

How did you come to work with AOT Technologies?

We looked around and found various local options. I had worked with AOT Technologies' principal on a few projects five or six years in the past, and I'd referred him to a few friends who were happy with AOT Technologies' work. We ended up selecting them after looking at a few other companies.

How much have you invested with AOT Technologies?

AOT Technologies was extremely competitive in terms of pricing and offered us a fixed rate. The first quote we received was close to $300,000 for development and operationalization, which is a normal rate. AOT Technologies' cost was around $135,000.

We started working with AOT Technologies in October 2016. The project is ongoing, and we're also using AOT Technologies as a consultant on another one—providing input on how to operationalize and commercialize an application.

AOT Technologies was incredible in terms of proper software development, methodology, lifecycles, communication, and on-time delivery. If we had a delay for any reason, we were told in advance. The team paid attention to details. They were very professional and responsive, and I can't say anything bad about them. It's been a positive experience for both myself, and other people I've referred them to.

How did AOT Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The budget and the deadlines were maintained. We worked through a fixed price and received notifications on a weekly basis about the status. The success of every project comes down to requirements. We had an initial mockup stage, wrote down a list of functionalities, and worked against those. AOT Technologies has an Agile and efficient approach. They can ask the right questions in order to do a great job, and they have surpassed our expectations.

What did you find most impressive about AOT Technologies?

I've worked with many companies and appreciate AOT Technologies' passion. They can push back, even if that ultimately costs them more. If it can lead to better quality and a better design, AOT Technologies will do it. They take quite a bit of pride in their work, which is hard to find.

Are there any areas AOT Technologies could improve?

AOT Technologies is a young company and cannot sell themselves very well. This is something I've noticed, and it is something they could work on. They have a fairly good infrastructure, but they could work on training customers better. It leads to a better product to have people trained on the process and methodology. In my case, since I'm familiar with AOT Technologies, it was an easy process in particular. We used the same methodology and spoke the same language, so the work was successful, but there are people for whom AOT Technologies was too accommodating and allowed for version creep. The client and account manager could be stronger, but AOT Technologies is looking at improving that area.

Overall Score I've worked with many different vendors and development shops. By comparison AOT Technologies treated us like a partner and took pride in the work. They were diligent, caring, and focused on their business and brand.
    AOT Technologies has been on time every time.
    AOT Technologies' price couldn't be beaten by over $100,000.
    The finished product is exactly what we've asked for.

Android Application Development for Home Asset Management Tool

"AOT Technologies gives me advice and suggestions to improve the product."

June 2014 - Ongoing

AOT Technologies implemented the Android conversion of an app that lets borrowers apply for mortgages. The team continues to provide backend development and troubleshooting services.

Jeff Sims
Owner, HomeTome Inc.

Assigned developers have technical expertise and showed initiative in addressing cultural differences, which have led to a long-term engagement. The team works best with written and detailed instructions, as opposed to calls.

I own a business that offers a home asset management tool. The technology has many different formats, including an online mortgage application.

What challenge were you trying to address with AOT Technologies?

I built the app on iOS, and I needed someone to convert it to Android.

AOT has worked exclusively on Android development. I work with a local group on the design, and then I have AOT do some of the builds as well as troubleshooting. They continue to be my dev team on the backend.

How did you come to work with AOT Technologies?

My day job is being a technology consultant, and I work with a tax credit program and different funding programs. I became familiar with AOT in that capacity. I thought they would be a good partner in what I was doing.

How much have you invested with AOT Technologies?

I price the projects by sprints, and it varies from $2,000–$5,000 per sprint. It’s $20–$25 an hour.

I started working with them 2 ½ years ago, and our relationship is ongoing.

Their team in India works hard to overcome the cultural differences and understand my product. They’re quality guys, and they have good skillsets.  AOT Technologies gives me advice and suggestions to improve the product.

How did AOT Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I work with them closely to make sure they’re clear on the project goals and timelines. I think I’ve been pretty lucky with these guys. We’ve worked out the best way to communicate and get things done. They have a local office and one in India. It helps to be able to deal with someone locally on the administration side of things.

What did you find most impressive about AOT Technologies?

They have some of the top software and firmware guys in Canada. I would say their level of expertise is impressive.

Are there any areas AOT Technologies could improve?

Sometimes it’s hard to understand them on our Skype calls. There are some fundamental challenges being global, but it’s something you get used to.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with AOT Technologies?

Involving AOT Technologies in some strategy is cost-effective for a startup. I am very structured and detailed when providing them information, which helps them to deliver a quality product. Your outcome is as good as the details you put into your requirements.