Effective Mobile Apps for Small Businesses

ANTLR Interactive is a bespoke software development firm which helps small and medium sized businesses utilize custom software to maximize their efficiency.

Pittsburgh, PA
  • Pittsburgh, PA 15222

UI/UX for Web & Mobile Application

“The app’s received positive feedback from our users, and no one’s said anything negative about the design.”

July 2018 - Jan. 2019

ANTLR Interactive improved the UI/UX of a website and mobile app, redesigning them to be easier to use. They collaborated closely with the internal team to make the products more uniform.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Co-Founder & COO, ANGLR

ANTLR Interactive built exactly what was required, maintaining open and constant communication during the entire engagement. They worked quickly and had strong project management. They could’ve engaged more with end clients, but they still did good work.

I’m the COO and co-founder of ANGLR, a tech platform that helps anglers plan, record, and improve their fishing time.

What challenge were you trying to address with ANTLR Interactive?

We needed a partner to work on the UI/UX of our website and mobile app.

The core application had already been built, but after we partnered with ANTLR Interactive, we decided to redesign the app and take it in a different direction. We worked closely together to come up with an idea that would allow users to more easily interact with the app. ANTLR Interactive made the UI/UX more uniform across the iOS and Android apps, giving it more of a community feeling.

We worked with one person.

They were a referral.

The partnership lasted from July 2018–January 2019.

We spent between $25,000–$50,000.

The app’s received positive feedback from our users, and no one’s said anything negative about the design. We’re pleased with what they built.

How did ANTLR Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They had good communication, and we mainly talked through Slack. I was never frustrated with their project management.

They worked incredibly fast. We could talk about a problem, and they’d have a mockup the next day.

They could’ve engaged more thoroughly with our clients to have a better idea of what they wanted.

Take time to conduct deep customer research at the beginning of your partnership. Get feedback on your wireframes from both people inside and outside of your business. A small beta group will make your partnership much more effective.

Overall Score They were always available and listened to what we wanted.
    We didn’t have any scheduling problems.
    We stayed on budget, and they were worth the cost.
    They took direction well, worked quickly, and implemented a consistent theme across the app.

Data Analytics Application for Behavioral Health

"They’ve come to understand our business as we’ve grown, so our relationship continues to improve year after year.”

July 2015 - Ongoing

ANTLR Interactive developed software with an analytics tool, enabling behavioral healthcare providers to complete assessments and review reports about individual clients and look at agency-wide outcomes data.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Chief Business Officer, Community Data Roundtable

The software functions as expected and the feedback has been very positive. ANTLR Interactive quickly became a valuable member of the small team.

I'm a chief business officer at Community Data Roundtable.

What challenge were you trying to address with ANTLR Interactive?

We were looking for a vendor to help us develop a proprietary software in the behavioral health space.

ANTLR Interactive guided the entire development process from the early stages. We have a very complex backend and we wanted to have a user-friendly frontend, so ANTLR managed both for us. It's an evaluation tool for behavioral health care providers, but it allows everybody in the entire system of care to review the data and look at the outcomes. We have the outcomes and decision support analytics built into the software, so everybody involved in the client's care can tap into our software and review the comprehensive reports about programs and individual clients.

We have one main point of contact; in addition, we work with their user experience team.

How did you come to work with ANTLR Interactive?

We interviewed three or four different firms, and from the very first phone call, we realized that ANTLR was the best fit for us.

We've spent between $100,000–$250,000.

We started working with them in July 2015 and the relationship is ongoing.

The product functions as we had expected. The design is very user-friendly and we get compliments from our users when we present the software at conferences or trade shows.

How did ANTLR Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They meet or exceeded all of our timelines, which gives us more time to test the software. We use Jira and Excel for project management. We have a strong QA process and we have regular meetings with them where we go over the features and bugs. We are developing a strong QA process, and we have regular meetings with them to go over the features and bugs.

They've become part of our team. They make valuable recommendations, but at the same time, they respect our opinions and direction.

Nothing stands out. They’ve come to understand our business as we’ve grown, so our relationship continues to improve year after year.

Have regular meetings. Even if you don't have a full hour for a meeting, have frequent check-ins.

Designed & Developed Rental Platform

“They're excellent designers–they know what they're doing and they do it well.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

ANTLR Interactive designed and developed a web-based platform from scratch, incorporating features that allow users to schedule tours, view apartments digitally, and fill out paperwork.

Anthony Esper
Founder, Occupi Inc.

ANTLR Interactive provides top-notch UI/UX designs. In addition to their technical and creative expertise, working with their team is generally seamless. They're responsive and clear in communications and flexible about working within preferred project management platforms.

I'm the founder of an online real estate platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with ANTLR Interactive?

We reached out to ANTLR Interactive to design and develop a real estate platform from scratch.

Using some basic sketches I provided, ANTLR Interactive created full wireframes in InVision before designing and developing the platform from scratch. Features allow users to schedule times to view apartments and access a smart interface that lets them view apartments digitally. The platform also includes an online rental application and all the supporting paperwork needed.

I mainly work with two people, including Kyle (Principal Consultant, ANTLR Interactive).

How did you come to work with ANTLR Interactive?

I had worked with them at another startup and I liked that they always follow through on their promises and are very creative, technically savvy, and communicative.

I've invested about $25,000 in their services from concept to design.

We've been working together since around January 2017.

ANTLR Interactive designed an excellent UI/UX overall. I'm very happy with their work.

How did ANTLR Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

Although I mostly manage the project on my end, their team is good about staying in touch and providing clarity throughout the process. We mostly track progress through Pivotal Tracker.

They're excellent designers–they know what they're doing and they do it well.

Not really, but perhaps they could be more proactive about working within my preferred processes within the Pivotal Tracker platform.

No, but I definitely recommend working with them.

Custom Website & Backend Registration Platform

“ANTLR Interactive is the crème de la crème.”

2014 - Ongoing

ANTLR Interactive developed a public-facing website with registration, tracking, and reporting software on the backend. The site also features a friendly UI/UX design and a secure payment portal.

Los Altos, California
Bob McFarlane
Founder & CEO, Bald Eagle Sports Camps

The site was designed with the end-user in mind, and customers responded positively to the sleek UI. From an internal perspective, the platform’s features have saved a significant amount of time and money. ANTLR Interactive proved that they could accomplish any challenge that comes their way.

I am the founder and CEO of Bald Eagle Sports Camps, a recreational program that offers children a unique multi-sports format.

What challenge were you trying to address with ANTLR Interactive?

We wanted to build a new website with a registration platform on the backend to avoid paying exorbitant fees to rent from a third-party.

We told ANTLR Interactive everything that we hated about our old site and showed them examples of everything that we wanted to see in our new website. They listened to our requirements and built the entire website, including the registration platform. Features include a tracker that compiles PDF reports and a secure payment portal that accepts credits, promotional codes, and referral links.

Their web developer was our main point of contact, but we occasionally worked with their UI/UX designer.

How did you come to work with ANTLR Interactive?

We reached out to a dozen web designers, but no one had the resources to build a registration system. Fortunately, our former developer connected us with ANTLR Interactive. Unlike the other companies, they were confident in their ability to deliver a high-quality product.

We spent between $25,000 – $50,000 on their services.

They have been working with us since 2014.

ANTLR Interactive built a beautiful platform, which they’ve continued to improve. The innovate features have helped us attract new customers, while the user-friendly navigation has helped us retain our existing clientele.

We used to spend $23,000 each year to use another company’s registration platform, but we now have our own platform that cost us a flat fee of $7,000 to build. With automated reporting, we’re also saving countless hours on administrative tasks. I don’t know how we functioned as a company before partnering with ANTLR Interactive.

How did ANTLR Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They take care of us. When mistakes are made, they take ownership without charging us extra for fixes. Their team never has a problem meeting deadline, and they’re always available to answer our questions. We use Asana to communicate, set timelines, and share files.

ANTLR Interactive delivers high-level technical solutions. They are very creative—some of our best features came about from their suggestions. It almost feels like magic because they grant us everything that we wish for. We have yet to find a task that their team can’t accomplish. Their work is very modern and surprisingly affordable.

We have no complaints, which is extremely rare for us. ANTLR Interactive is the crème de la crème.

Some of the things that they promise may sound too good to be true, but I can confirm that ANTLR Interactive always follows through on their word.

We like working with them because their pricing is below industry standards, and they never charge us more than the proposed quote.
    I have already referred ANTLR Interactive to a number of people within my network.

Custom E-Commerce Site for Coin Buyer & Seller

"They’ve exceeded my expectations on every single front."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

ANTLR Interactive built an e-commerce site. The team implemented several features, including a pop-up window and a chat interface. They also added an integration that draws data from an external inventory.

Beaumont, Texas
Michael White
Owner, Big Thicket Coin & Bullion LLC

Users have praised the design of the website, and the new chat feature has led to seamless connections with clients. The team from ANTLR Interactive is receptive of new ideas and provides useful feedback. Customers can expect a transparent, responsive, and selfless partner.

My company is Big Thicket Coin & Bullion, LLC. I’m the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with ANTLR Interactive?

I hired ANTLR Interactive to build a website for my business.

ANTLR Interactive designed and developed the entire website from scratch. The team also helped us redesign our logo. Their developers built a pop-up window for the site that prompts users to enter their email address to receive one of my publications. They also implemented a tool that lets visitors message me directly. This feature sends each message to me via text. They also added an integration that draws data from an inventory of precious metals companies.

Kyle (Principal Consultant, ANTLR Interactive) is my main point of contact, and he directs me to their lead designer when I have specific questions. Kyle is very personable and always available when I need him.

How did you come to work with ANTLR Interactive?

After losing money from a partnership with another developer, I decided to try and learn about web development on my own. I eventually published a site through a domain host but wasn’t happy with how it turned out. I started searching for other vendors on a freelancer site, and that’s how I found ANTLR Interactive.

When I reached out to Kyle, I was immediately able to understand his approach. Other vendors that I spoke to were much less clear in their communication. I chose to partner with Kyle and his team because he was genuine and transparent with me. Also, the prices that he proposed were very reasonable.

I’ve spent $5,000.

I started working with ANTLR Interactive in December 2018. I plan to continue working with them to update my site.

I genuinely believe that I wouldn’t have a company if not for Kyle and his team. I also believe that my website is the best precious metals site on the internet. I’ve had multiple clients tell me about how much they like the design, and the direct messaging tool has improved my ability to connect with customers. I’ve enjoyed working with ANTLR Interactive so much that I’ve decided to hire them to complete a project for one of my clients.

How did ANTLR Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been terrific. We communicate often and sometimes exchange emails outside of regular business hours. They’re also very efficient.

ANTLR Interactive is exceptionally transparent and genuinely cares about the success of my business. I’ve tried to pay them upfront for their services, and they’ve asked me to wait until they finish their work so that I can evaluate it before I pay. They also didn’t charge me for the inventory integration, even though it cost time and resources to build. The team is willing to put forth additional effort to implement sophisticated features, and they’re excellent about letting me know when they’re unable to deliver for whatever reason.

I’ve never had another vendor dedicate the time to fully comprehend the nuances of my business. I can tell that ANTLR Interactive is genuinely trying to grasp my needs and my position in the market. Also, they’ve been perfect about listening to my ideas and implementing my vision. They give me constructive advice without pushing their own agenda. At times, they’ve even asked me to draw out concepts to make sure that we agree to the same design requirements.

At this point, I plan to keep them as my sole development partner. They’ve exceeded my expectations on every single front. ANTLR Interactive could triple their prices, and I would still pay for their services. They have my loyalty. I’ve already referred about 10 people to them, and I can tell that they’re going to be a hugely successful company.

I would like to see them expand their services to include SEO. Other than that, they’ve been a perfect partner. Kyle even helped me find digital marketing firms when I mentioned it to him.

I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so I don’t usually give compliments unless people have earned them. ANTLR Interactive is very deserving of my praise. I don’t think there is another company out there that could come anywhere near the vicinity of their level of support and the quality of their work for the price that they charge.

Overall Score I genuinely believe that ANTLR Interactive will grow to become one of the top development companies in the US.
    I’ve already referred several people to ANTLR Interactive.