Legal Answering Services

Answering Legal provides law firms with a professional, highly trained answering service for any sized law firm. We are more than just another answering service because we treat every one of your calls as a potential client. After all, we have to, being that we see ourselves as an addition to your law firm. Our services benefit thousands of legal professionals each day because lawyers tend to receive a very high volume of both client and non-client related calls.

We provide each legal professional a unique opportunity to modify how we handle your calls, whether it is a current client, potential new client or a non-client related call.

Nesconset, NY
  • 120 Lake Ave S Suite 12
    Nesconset, NY 11767

Inbound Call Answering for Law Firm

"Their support staff is really good."

June 2018 - Ongoing

The team at Answering Legal provides inbound calling services for a law firm through call filtering.

Sharon, Massachusetts
President, Law Firm

Feedback on their services has been positive. Answering Legal’s skilled team is easy to communicate with. Customers can expect a call team that cares about their clients.

I’m the owner of a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Answering Legal?

We hired them for answering services. We wanted our phones to be answered more efficiently off-site.

The team at Answering Legal provides call filtering services for us. The results of the calls are emailed into our database. It was a combination of their own answers with some of our talking points filtered in. They answer calls for us all day and night.

I mainly speak to their customer care center.

How did you come to work with Answering Legal?

We had an idea of what we wanted because we weren’t pleased with the last call center we worked with. We switched to Answering Legal after finding them online. They gave us a two-week trial period that was free of charge.

We started working with Answering Legal in the summer of 2018.

Their support staff is really good. We’re receiving great feedback.

How did Answering Legal perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re easy to communicate with and meet deadlines when we have them.

Their team does a nice job of answering the phone, which is what we need.

Listen to Rob (President, Answering Legal) and the team. They care and want to help you.

Overall Score It's been great.
    I would definitely do that.

Voice Services for Law Firm

"They’ve always shown an interest in our business."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Answering Legal set up a voice over answering system that routes calls to them under certain circumstances. They work as an answering service when the client is unable to take calls.

Partner, Law Firm

Answering Legal has never received negative feedback on missing calls or having rude operators. They’ve met all deadlines requested by the client and are very responsive. Providing a flexible and customizable experience has made for an ongoing successful relationship.

I’m a partner at a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Answering Legal?

We wanted our calls to be directed to a different answering service instead of going to a voice message if our staff was otherwise engaged or it was after hours.

Answering Legal set up a voice over internet system that routes calls to them under certain circumstances and worked through some of the initial issues. We told them what to say based on the information we needed from our clients.

During set up, we worked with roughly three people.

How did you come to work with Answering Legal?

A colleague recommended them.

We’ve spent about $75,000 so far.

We began working together in January 2016 and the relationship is currently ongoing.

We haven’t received any negative feedback from our clientele, so I take that as good feedback. We’ve had no claims of missed messages or rude operators.

How did Answering Legal perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been good. As far as scheduling and meeting deadlines, our relationship hasn’t been too time-intensive, but they’ve done a good job with it so far. The back and forth of the process let us determine what was feasible, what might be challenging, and what could easily be accomplished.

They made sure to be available when we were setting up and trying to figure out how everything worked, which was something I really liked about them. They’ve always shown an interest in our business. This is a type of service that I get to set up and just forget about. I don’t have to worry about anything or tweaking this and that. Our business needs haven’t needed to change and outside the monthly bill, it’s not even on my mind, which is really great.

No, I haven’t had any problems.

I recommend that you talk through your needs with them at the start of the relationship rather than assume they know what you want. They might be able to give you ideas or flexibility that you didn’t realize was an option, which can potentially add value to your business.

Overall Score I’ve had pleasant experiences when interacting with operators.
    They’ve never been late on anything I’ve asked for.
    They’re maybe a little more expensive than other answering services, but they’re more flexible and customizable.

Answering Service for Criminal Defense Law Firm

“Client’s don’t realize that they’re an answering service. So, it provides continuity and credibility to our firm.”

Mar. 2015 - Ongoing

Answering Legal provides answering services throughout the night for a criminal law firm. Following a provided script, they determine whether or not a call should be sent through or if they can take a message.

Jacksonville, Florida
Jackie Carson
Office Manager, Dale Carson Law

As a result of Answering Legal’s services and their reliability, the firm is able to attract more clients. They’re very professional and they provide very detailed messages. The quality of their services stands out in comparison to competitors. They communicate seamlessly.

I’m the office manager at a criminal defense law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Answering Legal?

We get calls at all times and need to be available 24/7, and we needed more than one person available at all times.

We forward our phones to them after we leave the office, so usually around 6 pm. They will patch calls with potential clients through up until 10 pm, then overnight, they will take messages and email them to me until we are back in the office around 6 am.

They worked out a script with us and they ask certain qualifying questions. If it’s a new client, they patch them through, but if it’s an existing client, they take the message.

So, if someone gets arrested around 11 pm one night, they might be scheduled to see a judge at 9 am the next morning. So, their family is trying to reach a lawyer to represent them on short notice. With Answering Legal, I’ll have messages right when I wake up in the morning about court appearances, so I need to get back to them right away.

I can talk to any manager when needed, otherwise I think it’s just a rolling call center. So they have about 160 operators now.

How did you come to work with Answering Legal?

We had a prior answering service that was overpriced, and I wasn’t satisfied with the quality of their services. I searched online and got ahold of Answering Legal. They talked to me about all of my issues and did a proposal. Then they gave us a free trial, and they were awesome from the get-go.

We have a set monthly price, but if we go over the minutes, it’s more. As our firm has grown, that’s happened more frequently. So we’re spending about $450 per month.

We started working together in March 2015, and our partnership is ongoing.

It has been very valuable because, approximately nine times out of ten, we’ll be hired to go to first appearance court, and that leads to representation going forward. Simply because we answered and we were there. It has enabled us to provide a service that most law firms simply can’t offer. Most firms can’t answer phones 24/7. It’s reassuring to know that we have someone answering the phone and we’re not losing business.

The messages are always very detailed, and clients often think it’s someone from our office.

How did Answering Legal perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is great. So they do what I need—email and text. Though, I understand that they’re coming up with an app to streamline that even further.

Clients don’t realize that they’re an answering service. So, it provides continuity and credibility to our firm. They seem engaged and invested in our business. Unlike the last answering service we used, we’ve had no complaints.

No, they’ve always been great.

Call Center Services for Law Firm

“Any issue we’ve ever had has been dealt with in a timely manner.”

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Answering Legal provides call answering services to a law firm, handling overflow from the office during the day and fielding all calls overnight in order to take down information from potential clients.

New York City, New York
Michael Palumbo
Principal, Palumbo & Associates

The work provided by Answering Legal has completely satisfied their client’s business needs, increasing the number of incoming qualified leads that they are able to capture. Their team is organized and competent, providing well-spoken answers to clients and addressing all issues fas they arise.

I own a law firm that specializes in traffic violation defense.

What challenge were you trying to address with Answering Legal?

I needed to be able to answer phone calls around the clock, so I was looking to outsource that service.

Answering Legal handles the majority of the phone calls for our firm. During the day, we take some calls, but any that we are unavailable to answer will roll over to them. At night, they take care of everything for us.

Their team is very versatile, so they are able to live-transfer calls to us when necessary, as well as recording messages through call, text, or email. I just explained the profile of what I wanted in the messages that they take, and they make sure to get all of that information to me.

I’m not sure how many people are on the team in total but there are only a few that I interact with on a regular basis.

How did you come to work with Answering Legal?

Their owner cold-called me, and from talking to him I could tell that it was a legitimate operation. I had a good intuitive sense that his firm would be able to effectively and efficiently answer calls, so I decided to give them a shot.

We’ve spent around $50,000 on their services in total.

The work they do for us began around October 2015 and is still ongoing.

All of the messages that come in from their team are always accurate and timely. Their team is really good at understanding the questions and problems that callers are having and then addressing those in a clear and concise way. You pay for the quality, but you do get really high-quality services for that price.

How did Answering Legal perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is very well organized, so if there’s ever an issue or a question you are able to just send off a ticket to their support email and get a response back right away. Any issue we’ve ever had has been dealt with in a timely manner.

The system that they use is incredibly efficient and effective, and there is always seamless feedback regardless of whether you get the same person you started the request with or not.

The importance of having your phone competently answered cannot be understated in the legal profession because in a lot of ways, legal services are emergency services.

People will call in a full panic mode and you need to be able to capture those leads because they are qualified, and if they get an answering machine, you will lose that business. Answering Legal doesn’t just provide an answering service; they provide the trust that I will be able to get business from their work.

There’s not really anything in particular that they can do to improve. There is an inherent problem with answering services in the inability to predict how many agents you need with complete accuracy. That said, they do as good a job as they can, so the vast majority of the time they have zero problems answering all of our calls.

Don’t hesitate to work with them. They do a great job in their work.