Digital-first PR, marketing and creative

Anamorphiq helps brands build better business with digitial-first public relations, marketing and creative strategy.

Digital communications, social media and public relations elevate awareness, protect reputation and deliver consumer confidence in your brand.

We challenge brands to think and act strategically – balancing channels, platforms and content to impact the bottom-line with measurable results.

Public relations = public relationships

Digital-first public relations is about capitalizing on the connections created between journalists, influencers and their publics through technology platforms –mobilizing content, driving authority and protecting reputation.

Marketing

More than advertising, digital-first marketing is about connecting audiences to content that matters using data-driven insights and comprehensive personae development.

Creativology

Digital-first creative is about prioritizing engagement with thumb-stopping visuals and text. Pixels and text are the connective tissue between consumers, brand and values.

2019
Toronto, Canada
  • 215 Spadina Avenue, 4th Floor
    Toronto, ON M5T 2C7

Digital Strategy for Nonprofit Organization

"Bill understands where his expertise lies and where he needs to fill in the gaps."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Anamorphiq performed an audit of a social media presence. They provided consultative suggestions on how to appear on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, in the interest of building rapport with a donor base.

Toronto, Canada
Patrick Erlich
Senior Communications Strategist, UJA Federation

Anamorphiq delivered a comprehensive audit, with insightful findings. The team was knowledgeable, punctual, and delivered excellent service. Their ability to understand how their work impacts their customers holistically is what sets them apart from other vendors.

I’m the Senior Account Director at the UJA Federation. We serve as a resource to the Jewish community, helping to fund over 100 agency partners. Our partners help with our strategic priorities, such as fighting Jewish poverty, building Jewish identity, fostering education, and things of that nature.

What challenge were you trying to address with Anamorphiq?

We hired them for their expertise on the digital side. We have a pretty engaged audience on our social channels, primarily Facebook and Instagram. As a not-for-profit, we’re a bit under-resourced. What’s been lacking is some kind of strategic leadership in terms of how to maximize those channels and a few others that we’re not using, yet.

We brought them in to do a full audit of what our current model is like, as well as a top-line strategy on how we can improve and build better engagement; ultimately, it’ll drive people to have more brand affinity with UJA, and motivate them to donate.

Our goal was to get them interested in things related to the Jewish community that aren't promotional. The end result would be that we’re building a better connection with them so that when we do throw something at them that’s promotional or we’re asking for money, we build better camaraderie.

A lot of what they offered us were industry best practices. I think having those perspectives is really interesting because they challenged a lot of our internal thinking, as an organization that’s trying to drive fundraising.

Our dealing with Bill (President & Chief Imagineering Officer, Anamorphiq) was fairly simple: He came in, we gave him a brief, we had a discussion, and he asked lots of questions to get as much background as possible. We also gave them access to our backend analytics.

We use primarily Facebook, some Instagram, and a little bit of Twitter. The team did a full digital audit of our website, as well, with things like email marketing, but it was really focused on the social side. At the moment, we’re focused on building content that’s more Facebook first, rather than Instagram first.

They shifted away from the mindset of promoting what we do, as a way of showing impact to our donors and instead, finding a way to engage people in a way that they’re already using social channels.

Bill was the only person we dealt with directly.

How did you come to work with Anamorphiq?

I worked with Bill in the past, at a previous agency, so I was definitely familiar with his leadership in the space. I knew he would be a very reliable, trustworthy, forward-thinking, strategic sounding board; I knew he’d be someone that would really be able to provide us good guidance, just based on my previous experiences working with him.

It was a small project, so it was $5,000.

We began this project in February 2019, and I would say this phase of the project has been completed. What’s preventing us from moving forward at the moment is just our budget.

There’s a desire to continue to work with Bill, whether it’s in this capacity or in others. We’ve also reached out and hired him to lead a seminar to our social service agencies and some of our partners that we helped to fund – we thought it would be a value-added offering to them, so we’ve retained Bill to do that, but it’s not something I’m personally leading so I’m not sure of the status on that.

The audit was just shared internally with some of our lay leaders, but the reception has all been very positive. People recognize and trust his expertise to be creative and forward-thinking.

Because our content is more sharable, its more what people are looking for so that they’re more inclined to follow.

Just having someone who’s not from the community, itself, be able to come in and provide that insight was valuable, as well.

Bill recommended a huge shift in the kind of content that we’re producing, such as video-centric, and share-friendly content.

How did Anamorphiq perform from a project management standpoint?Anamorphiq performed great from a project management standpoint. Bill was always on time, within budget, and came back exactly with what we would have hoped for, in terms of the scope of the work. He managed to do very well. We communicated with mostly emails and phone calls, and a couple of personal meetings.

Bill understands where his expertise lies and where he needs to fill in the gaps. I haven’t needed to use his full suite of services, but I know that if I did, I know that I’d be getting really high-quality people, in every respect.

Because of his background and where he’s worked in the past, I know that he’s not just a digital guy; he understands how his digital expertise fits into a broader communications and marketing strategy. He’s been shaped by his experience and the path he’s taken.

No, not really. Nothing comes to mind.

No, I think they should just definitely give Anamorphiq a try.

He was mindful that we’re a not-for-profit.
    The scope of work was exactly what we wanted. It was seamless, smooth, and asked a lot of the right questions without a lot of hand-holding.
    They’ve delivered well, based on my experience.