Branding and design support for small businesses

Amy Kate is a boutique graphic design and branding studio located in Sydney. We specialise in branding and design for small businesses. At Amy Kate, we ensure our clients are provided with design, branding and marketing material relevant to their audience. Our focus is on producing high-quality logos, brands and content. We help our clients grow their business with design that is clean, effective and considered for the relevant target market.

Freelancer
Balmain, Australia
  • 84 Mullens St
    Balmain, NSW 2041
    Australia

National Trust, State Library of NSW, Pearsons, Visit Paddington, Bella Bodies, Harry Hartog, Berkelouw Books

Web Design & Branding Services for Winery

"Amy Kate Design’s professionalism is key."

Amy Kate Design directed a rebrand to establish a new identity for a winery. They designed a website and brand collateral including a logo and packaging. They manage both print and digital branding services.

Raleigh, Australia
Nicole Hatch
Owner, Raleigh Winery

Amy Kate Design delivered a unique website that generates positive user feedback and executed a successful rebrand that expanded the clientele to triple revenue in one year. The team is engaged and communicative to support effective collaboration. They are creative, resulting in exclusive engagement.

I’m the director of a company that includes a vineyard, a cellar, and a restaurant.

What challenge were you trying to address with Amy Kate Design?

We bought a winery with a 43-year-old vineyard and 30-year-old branding. We started a restaurant, so the business had a new scope. We wanted to reinvent the winery, giving it a new meaning and telling clients that it’s new.

Amy (Owner and Design Director, Amy Kate Design) was involved from the start of the rebrand and overhauled the brand completely. She helped us to rebrand with a compass to signal that the company’s headed in a new direction. She designed a new website, graphics, and packaging.

Amy Kate Design continues to support our brand including our website design and graphic design needs. Amy writes copy such as ads for various magazines. She manages our intellectual property including detailed brochures and our Facebook account.

Any project related to digital media, councils, or wine Australia, we ring Amy who creates a brief. Once we agree on a brief, she follows it and integrates imaginative ideas to create the product. For example, I tell Amy that I want a pink label that’s sexy and she comes up with it.

Amy’s our go-to girl.

How did you come to work with Amy Kate Design?

Our team doesn’t have time to take care of our brand because we need to look after our clients in a physical way. We wanted to outsource the job to someone who we could trust completely. I found Amy through our network and liked her work because the designs are clean and crisp. She didn’t create the same old stock photos. When I had a need for her services, I contacted her.

We’ve spent about $20,000 on Amy Kate Design’s services.

We called Amy Kate Design around January 2019 and their team continues to work with us.

The rebrand was successful. People see a compass and identify it as our brand, so we’ve been successful. Our website’s great and different from the rest of the platforms in our area. People say that it's cool and interactive.

Our brand is recognizable and created a larger customer base. On day one, our revenue base was $500. On day two, our revenue base was $800. By week two, our revenue base grew to $6,000 over the week. And then it went from $6,000 to $10,000 to $12,000 over consecutive weeks. In twelve months, our revenue base tripled.

With our new branding, we’re selling different wines. We’re buying more grapes and our wine sales are project to reach $350,000 this year. If we stuck with the old brand, we would’ve never experienced the growth we've had in the past 12 months. I’ve had a number of vendors offer their services, but I want to keep Amy Kate Design on my project.

How did Amy Kate Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate by email and Amy’s hands-on. If she has a busy day, she tells us and sets up a time to talk. She doesn’t charge for phone calls but starts billing once she starts a project, which means we don't waste downtime. When I need a product right away, she pushes a project to the front of the queue and gets it done. With Amy, I don’t feel like a number.

Amy Kate Design’s professionalism is key. I trust her with my brand, which is a big deal because we’re a new business. If we made a wrong decision during the first 12 months of operation, we would be penalized long-term.

Amy came on site, which gave us a new set of eyes to identify places for enhancements. She adapted areas of our business that led to improvements. She’s hands-on and thinks like me, so I can tell her what I want and know that she’ll come up with something brilliant.

No, she’s pushed herself plenty. She could hire a teammate to help. I would hope that she doesn’t take on too many clients to the point where we become a number.

Trust Amy. Give her a brief and let her come back with her ideas. Give her time to adapt and come up with a good idea.  You won’t be disappointed.