Outsourced Affiliate Marketing Program Management

AM Navigator provides an array of affiliate marketing services: from full service affiliate program management to co-management, and from program audits to affiliate marketing consulting, and training.

2007
Stafford, VA
headquaters
  • AM Navigator Stafford, VA 22555
    703-879-3155

Forbes, Hallmark, Skype, FreshBooks, Medifast, Travelex Insurance, Identity Guard, AWeber, Volusion, Epsilon, Evite, David's Cookies, Bare Necessities, Beach Camera, Host1Plus, PinMart, Nectar Sleep, Canvas Champ, Barton Publishing, Stowaway Cosmetics, etc.

Affiliate Marketing for Online Tire Marketplace

"The services that we received could have been double the cost in terms of how we value them."

2016 - Ongoing

AM Navigator conducts program analysis and best-practice implementation for an affiliate marketing program, identifying new avenues for business growth and brand visibility.

Bellevue, Washington
Trevor Schain
Sr. Marketing Manager, TireBuyer

Since joining the team, AM Navigator has successfully pinpointed extensive sales opportunities and facilitated increasing ROI from the program. Their industry knowledge, timely deliverables, and consistent professional demeanor have earned perfect feedback.

TireBuyer is the e-commerce arm of American Tire Distributors, and we are the merchant that goes directly to the consumer and sends business to the brick and mortar stores that work with our parent company. We sell automotive, trailer, and lawn tires, as well as accessories like snow chains.

What challenge were you trying to address with AM Navigator?

The affiliate channel for TireBuyer has become a large portion of our business. We were looking to optimize things over the course of several years of managing a program and growing it. So, we wanted AM Navigator to take a deeper look at the way that our program operates and potentially discover any sort of opportunities and low-hanging fruit that other programs are doing outside of our visibility.

We’ve been managing our affiliate program for about 6 or 7 years. We’ve been growing rapidly over the last several years, so we wanted to hire somebody with decades of experience across different industries as well as insight into not only the industry itself but also its affiliate programs for other merchants. We wanted that company to take all of that knowledge and determine whether our program was missing anything so that we’d be able to implement the best practices that other affiliate programs are doing.

How did you come to work with AM Navigator?

I’ve known Geno, their owner, for several years. Working with somebody who has literally written the book on affiliate program management gives me confidence in his experience as well as his trust and willingness to go above and beyond. I also trust his thoroughness in figuring out how far his team needs to dig or how much time they’re willing to invest until we find something, whatever it might be. I know Geno and his team would go the extra mile.

How much have you invested with AM Navigator?

I don't remember if I asked for this or not, but AM Navigator provided several tiers of pricing, which I loved.  I think that our comprehensive dive into our affiliated program, with a full-range of depth analysis, cost us about $6,000 or $8,000. The services that we received could have been double in terms of how we value them. I think about what we pay for consulting, tools, or whatever it might be in terms of the value that we get out of that investment yielding greater than average returns for our other marketing channels, tools, or platforms. Then, ultimately, we’ll invest in whatever tool or service to the point where the diminishing return eventually hits below average.

At the moment, we’re not using AM Navigator, but when we have additional needs, we will be using them without considering other companies. My current company started working them in early 2016. If I have general questions, I’ll reach out to Geno, and he’ll get back to me. I’ve been doing that for years. All of the guys at AM Navigator are willing to help us, even if we aren’t paying for that tidbit of information.

In terms of return on investment, it was worthwhile for the affiliate program. For all of the tactics that we implemented where there was actually a monetary value that we could measure, there was no question of whether the cost of the consulting was worth it. We would pay significantly more for those services based on the returns. For the intangible, tactical executions, our gut feeling was that every recommendation that we implemented was a home run and totally worth the amount of time, energy, and resources that went into either changing, improving, or implementing something new. It was a no-brainer.

How did AM Navigator perform from a project management standpoint?

They were ready before the vast majority of the deliverable dates they’d originally committed to; they typically were waiting on me. I was pleased with how well they managed the project, deadlines, and timeframe.

What did you find most impressive about AM Navigator?

First off, the guys at AM Navigator are some of the best people I've worked with in the marketing industry and certainly within the affiliate industry, which can sometimes have more questionable players. Also, the presentation that they provided as well as the reporting documents and recommendations were so well done; it was the sort of presentation that you could put your logo over and give to your executives for a stamp of approval. It was really impressive.

The guys over there are so knowledgeable that they didn't require a tremendous amount of input from me to do their investigations and understand our industry, our business model, our competitors, and the competitive advantages that we have and should be showcasing to our publishers for retention or new publisher sign-ups. We didn’t have to spend more time getting them up to speed. They put in the research, the consulting, the recommendations, and the presentations, and they did a wonderful job themselves. I was so delighted by everything that they looked into as well as the deep dive that they did into our competitor’s programs. They gave us great recommendations for this specific area of opportunity. They also provided a handful of software items, tools, or directory sources that might have fallen outside of their realm as a means of doing whatever they recommended. That was really helpful.

Are there any areas AM Navigator could improve?

That’s kind of a tough one. I can't think of anything they could improve in particular.

I'd give them a 5 across the board.

Affiliate Marketing for Travel Insurance Agency

"AM Navigator is constantly bringing me new partnership ideas."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

AM Navigator offers expert strategies for increasing direct consumer customer interest, boosting affiliate activity, and attracting new partners through incentives and newsletters.

Omaha, Nebraska
Brad Streff
e-Commerce Manager, Travelex Insurance Services

Since AM Navigator joined the team, affiliate numbers and sales have risen quickly, indicating the program’s successful traction. All marketing efforts have taken on a much more professional vibe, thanks to AM Navigator’s resourcefulness, creativity, and proactive communication.

Travelex Insurance Services provides travel insurance. We have partner travel agents who come to our site and book travel insurance for their clients as well as direct consumers purchasing travel insurance for themselves. My role is that of e-commerce manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with AM Navigator?

AM Navigator has been helping us with the other side of our business, namely growing direct consumer customers, people who book travel insurance without the assistance of an agent.

AM Navigator has become the manager of our affiliate program, helping us grow our direct consumers

How did you come to work with AM Navigator?

We were very unhappy with our previous affiliate manager, so I started looking. I had read Geno Prussakov’s [Founder, AM Navigator] book, An Hour a Day Affiliate Program Management, and found it to be very insightful, so I reached out to AM Navigator.

How much have you invested with AM Navigator?

We pay a flat fee of $1,500, which combines with a performance-based incentive. AM Navigator can earn well above this, depending on how well our program does in a given month.

Our first month working with AM Navigator was September of 2016. I originally reached out to them a few months prior to that and was hoping to get started sooner. As a travel insurance company, there are many compliance elements we need to deal with, and there are multiple layers for approving such a contract. The collaboration is ongoing.

As soon as we switched to AM Navigator from our previous affiliate manager, the professionalism level became second to none. There is actually a strategy to our newsletters now, and AM Navigator has cleaned them up, removing the affiliates that weren’t actively contributing. They’ve helped attract more active affiliates by offering them a performance incentive for the first sale and other things of that nature. We’ve started to see sales from affiliates that were already signed up but hadn’t been participating. AM Navigator has also done a good job of attracting new ones.

We’ve seen an increase in traffic and sales through our affiliate program. The quality of affiliates being brought in is much higher as well.

How did AM Navigator perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a scheduled biweekly newsletter. On each one, we feature a new product that we recommend that affiliates promote. My manager is great at reaching out to us beforehand and offers his suggestions of what he’d like to feature. I’m able to provide feedback on other products I want to focus on or on changes I want to make to the copy. He gives me plenty of time to review this, as well as the overall newsletter.

One of the main things we wanted AM Navigator to tackle was to activate the affiliates already on our list. They’ve done a great job of documenting monthly communications with them. A second big item was bringing more affiliates onboard, which was also documented in detail. I can track that AM Navigator is doing what we set them out to do.

What did you find most impressive about AM Navigator?

Beyond their professionalism, the next biggest thing is being proactive. AM Navigator is constantly bringing me new partnership ideas. Even if the affiliate program isn’t necessarily the best route for a partnership, if they see someone as being a good fit outside of that, they will bring it to me.

Are there any areas AM Navigator could improve?

Since we started working with AM Navigator in September, it’s been a great partnership.

Affiliate Marketing for Identity Theft Protection Company

"They also reached out to the affiliates to get them on-boarded. It has really helped us grow."

Mar. 2017- Ongoing

AM Navigator expands upon an existing affiliate marketing effort of an identity theft protection company. They help to grow the company's list of affiliates in order to increase sales.

Washington, DC
Manager, Identity Theft Protection Agency

AM Navigator provides a list of 300-400 potential affiliates every week, 90% of which are accepted by the client. They know the type of partnerships the client is looking to make. They also help with best practices in terms of communication with existing affiliates. The relationship is ongoing.

We are an identity theft protection provider that offers identity theft protection, credit bureau monitoring, and credit reports. I run our affiliate program. I manage the partnership with any websites that are not within our domain that market our product.

What challenge were you trying to address with AM Navigator?

We had been doing affiliate marketing for four years and were looking to grow our program. We had been building a decent base but we knew there were a lot of websites out there that we were not in communication with that we could be working with. We were looking for ways to reach out to those websites and that’s what AM Navigator’s expertise was for.

We were pretty specific on what we wanted, which was affiliate management and affiliate growth.

How did you come to work with AM Navigator?

We saw AM Navigator at the Affiliate Summit West and the founder asked to meet with us. I found his credentials online and thought it was a no brainer to meet with him. We were looking at other affiliate marketers as well but the reason we went with AM Navigator was that they were interested in working alongside with us. The other folks we met with were more interested in overtaking the entire program and managing it from A to Z. AM Navigator came in and worked alongside us, being more of an extension of our team.

How much have you invested with AM Navigator?

AM Navigator was very flexible with payment, whether it was a set fee or a commission structure. They get a percentage of the payouts we get from the affiliates they recruit for us. They’re interested in making it work for both parties. They don’t have a set-in-stone method when it comes to the financial aspect while working with them.

We started working with them in March 2017, and the work is ongoing.

They’ve done an excellent job. They’ve provided us with a list of 300–400 affiliates per week. These have websites that really do match the type of partnerships we were looking for. Typically, when I evaluate applications that come to us organically, I accept about 10% of those. There’s a lot of lower quality sites that we’re not interested in. With the lists that AM Navigator provided, we accepted 80%–90% of those websites. They used technologies that were able to be specific to our niche and fit our program well.

How did AM Navigator perform from a project management standpoint?

They were extremely consistent. They exceeded our expectations as far as how quickly they were giving us those lists. They also reached out to the affiliates to get them on-boarded. It has really helped us grow.

What did you find most impressive about AM Navigator?

The quality of the recruitment lists they’ve given us has far exceeded the work of any other marketing groups we’ve worked with in the past. They’ve also somewhat audited and enhanced our affiliate program and our communication to the affiliates, whether it’s making it clearer up front how serious we take compliance, or how we interact with inactive affiliates who’ve already joined our program but haven’t been actively marketing our product or bringing in a steady flow of orders. They’ve helped us craft the messaging to reach out to these affiliates to get them re-engaged. In addition to the growth through their recruitment lists, they’ve also helped us with some best practices on how to communicate with our existing partners.

No. They’ve been great.

Affiliate Marketing for Cosmetics Company

"AM Navigator is creative in finding opportunities that I would not have considered on my own ..."

2016 - Ongoing

AM Navigator uses affiliate marketing to help promote a premium cosmetics and makeup company. The company wants to increase sales and brand awareness at the top of the funnel by using affiliate marketing.

Julie Fredrickson
Founder, Stowaway Cosmetics

Due to the success of AM Navigator, the client's affiliate marketing effort accounts for 10%-20% of revenue in a month. AM Navigator's pay-for-performance model allows the client to pay only when their marketing efforts are successful. AM Navigator is transparent and flexible in their technique.

I am the CEO and a co-founder of Stowaway Cosmetics, a brand of premium makeup that is designed for how women actually live. Compared to the standard offerings, our products are all manufactured at half-size. They are designed to be purse-friendly, mobile, and affordable.

What challenge were you trying to address with AM Navigator?

It’s always a challenge to fill the top of a funnel. I’m a big believer in affiliate marketing compared to all other traditional forms of advertising. Using the top-funnel to convert further down is more an art than a science, but affiliates can do an incredible job of leveraging the awareness that we do have, increasing brand awareness, and reaching a point of sale.

AM Navigator had an immediate focus on affiliate and performance marketing. This is what they’re best known for. They’ve made sure that we were taking full advantage of the awareness we already had as a brand, pushing it further down the funnel, and that we were capturing as much value as possible at the bottom of the funnel.

How did you come to work with AM Navigator?

I found AM Navigator the old-fashioned way, namely by asking for references. I come from the e-commerce space and have done a lot of affiliate work. I was lucky to have the ability to ask a number of people who knew the best agencies. AM Navigator’s name consistently came up as the best option. Getting multiple recommendations for the same person made it unnecessary to look at the second-best, in my view.

How much have you invested with AM Navigator?

AM Navigator has a very intelligent model that lets us choose to pay an upfront fee or pay for performance. The former option would obviously be lower since AM Navigator would obviously deserve to be paid more if they performed well. I don’t know what their cost is off the top of my head.

We started working with AM Navigator in 2016, and the relationship is ongoing. I couldn’t imagine working without AM Navigator.

Everyone’s cross-channel revenue distribution is different, but we have consistently found that affiliate marketing will account for 10%– 20% of our revenue in any given month, which I find to be impressive. I know that many other brands have lower numbers, and our success is all credited to AM Navigator’s team. We have similar mentalities in terms of performance, and the team was very easy to work with. AM Navigator is the best of breed when it comes to people who understand how to navigate the affiliate space effectively.

How did AM Navigator perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re a startup, so everything is done at the last minute, usually on a wing and a prayer. AM Navigator is incredible at working around our schedules and turning on a dime. When we do actually plan things ahead of time, they can execute flawlessly. AM Navigator’s team has gotten used to the fact that things are changing rapidly on our side.

What did you find most impressive about AM Navigator?

AM Navigator is creative in finding opportunities that I would not have considered on my own or even noticed. The depth of knowledge in the space is quite good, but we’re usually the barrier in implementing those new opportunities because we’re quite a small shop. Given how AM Navigator can think, bigger teams will definitely find many opportunities.

Are there any areas AM Navigator could improve?

Every company wants to make more money, but this is the duty of our brand, not necessarily the marketing team. I always joke that affiliate marketing is kind of the dirty swamp of online marketing and many shady things go on in this space. If we want transparency and an agency that can clear up a lot of the muck, we can’t really do better than AM Navigator. They’re straight-shooters in this space.

The value is great. I have worked with agencies that charged exorbitant sums and didn’t perform. We’re confident in AM Navigator’s ability to deliver, so we would rather be charged for performance.
    I’ve referred AM Navigator to several different companies.