Your Startup Engineering Partner

Our mission is to contribute to the tech industry by helping visionaries build their web-based products. We believe those who harness the power of technology, are also those responsible for shaping a better future for all of us.

Therefore, we are proud to perform work that matters.Together with our clients, we build products that: increase school children safety in the United States,  redefine enterprise business intelligence in Central Europe or change the way you pick up food from restaurants in Texas.

Our three pillars of successful collaboration consist of development process transparency, clear communication, and technical ownership.

We have built MVPs of web and mobile applications that helped our clients raise over 1M USD in funding.

Key Technologies:

React JSAWSElixir/PhoenixRuby on RailsPythonReact NativeSwiftiOS

Key Services:

Digital Product DevelopmentTeam AugmentationProject Rescue

Katowice, Poland

Roll, Software Engineering Daily, Placeme, Metabase Q, KYKS, Clever Box Co, AuthentiCop,
Roll - Docked E-Scooter Service Image

Roll - Docked E-Scooter Service

Roll is a New York based docked e-scooter service that tackles certain classes of urban mobility challenges.

Roll solves the problem of dynamic redistribution, charging services availability and storage.

Our team has designed the app from scratch and is proactively involved in the implementation process.

Sketch, Invision, Clean Design,
Swift, MVVM, Mapbox, SnapKit

Software Engineering Daily Image

Software Engineering Daily

Software Engineering Daily is a popular podcast with technical interviews about software topics.

Our team has designed and developed the whole new experience for iOS.

Sketch, Invision, Clean Design
Swift, MVVM, Snapkit,

Metabase Q Image

Metabase Q

Metabase Q is a leading cybersecurity company based in Mexico.

We have designed and implemented brand new website for the company.

Sketch, Good Design, React, Gatsby

placeme. Image

placeme.

Placeme is a powerful analytics tool aimed for medium and large enterprises to empower decision processes by

1) Gaining comprehensive knowledge about the best location for the business and potential contractors
2) Learning consumer habits to anticipate supply and demand in specified areas better
3) Predicting the estimated income and costs a company can expect in a given place
4) Defining target groups

in various regions to evaluate sales potential
DeepH redesign Image

DeepH redesign

DeepH app is a general utility health app that encourages a healthy lifestyle by tracking steps, workout, weight, height, meditation time, sleep. The user can sync external data sources (Fitbit, Apple Health, Google Fit) or add entries manually.

Smart Profyl Image

Smart Profyl

We have designed the layout for Smart Profyl, a company that is on its way to disrupt with AI the market of online recruitment.

Sketch, Invision, Clean Design

Receipt Hunters Image

Receipt Hunters

Receipt Hunters is a mobile application available on both Android and iOS. Users take pictures of receipts and collect points that can be exchanged for money

The Yummy Box Image

The Yummy Box

The Yummy Box mission is to revolutionize food takeout from restaurants in the United States. The company reduce customers and on-demand delivery services average pickup time of three to six minutes down to 90 seconds or less, makes operational processes more efficient by unmanning takeout stations and builds loyalty using a customer management system.

KYKS - Keeping Your Kids Safe Image

KYKS - Keeping Your Kids Safe

KYKS (Keeping Your Kids Safe) mission is to ensure school children are safe on their way to school and back. KYKS offers a safety-oriented, RFID system that identifies a child’s location only at critical points in the transportation process. It results in increased efficiency and accountability while minimizing the risk of a lost child. The system consists of a mobile application for caretakers and web dashboard for school
administrators.
Must Visit Image

Must Visit

When we visit a new city, we want to get the very best of it. To discover its best, we look for unique places to visit. Must Visit application offers a curated list of venues in four categories: eat, drink, shop, visit.
TOPFIST.COM Image

TOPFIST.COM

TOPFIST is the first global marketplace for eSports & gaming services performed by top players. The web application serves as a robust ecosystem for professional coaches and gaming apprentices for mutual benefit. Among the most popular games listed on TOPFIST are League of Legends, CounterStrike, and Fortnite.

Mobile App Design & Development for E-Scooter Company

"We couldn't be any happier with our partnership with Altalogy and will most likely use them again in the future!"

July - Sept. 2019

Using a detailed RFP document, Altalogy designed and developed a mobile app that allowed users to pick up and drop off e-scooters. They delivered 20 mock-ups, 15 safety cards, and developed the backend.

Mahir Kalra
CTO & Co-Founder, Roll Labs, Inc

They completed the MVP of the iOS app in time to film a demo video. Despite the remote nature of the work, Altalogy collaborated well with the internal team through Slack. They kept up with fast turnaround times, taking feedback to heart and iterating independently at times.

I am a co-founder/CTO of Roll Labs, Inc. At Roll we are building a docked escooter solution for cities and campuses.

For what projects/services did your company hire Altalogy?

Altalogy was hired to help Roll design and implement our iOS app.

We wanted to design and implement our ios app for allowing users to pick up and drop off scooters.

We initially posted on AngelList seeking a designer for our mobile app. Dawid from Altalogy reached out along with 2 dozen other candidates.

I interviewed 7-10 candidates over the course of the week and selected Altalogy as they were the only "team" that applied that offered other services as well (ios/android/backend development on top of design services).

Every other applicant was an individual freelance designer. I asked each designer that I interviewed to mock up a screen based on an RFP that I had written that described the app and project in great detail.

I was impressed by Altalogy's designer's work and liked that they offered other services that would potentially help us in implementation as the project continued (which we used!) and selected them for the project.

The project was broken up into two parts.

The first part was the design phase that had originally hired Altalogy for. This was a well-scoped project as we had provided them with a very detailed RFP that detailed the exact screens we wanted mocks for. Dawid also provided us with a terms/contract sheet that specified the scope of work (20 mocks + 15 safety cards).

As the design phase continued we began implementing the backend and app. We used our internal iOS developer for a few weeks but eventually leveraged Altology to help us complete the MVP app for demo purposes.

For the app design I interfaced entierly with Dawid from Altalogy who served as a proxy between me and their designer Marta. For the software stack the ios team was broken up into a squad of two of Dawid from Altalogy and Dan - a Roll Labs part-time employee, with minimal support from me. I handled the entirety of the backend implementation that powers the service.

You can view the results of the ios app design / development in our demo video here: https://ridewithroll.com/demo

Our workflow was rather seamless. Our team is pretty remote - Altology is based in Poland, I am in NYC and our iOS dev is based in Seattle. Regardless of the timezone differences most of our conversations were done in slack.

Dawid is a true professional. He is extremely responsive and energetic. He was able to push our project forward and see it to completion.

Altalogy's turn around time on a given task is extremely impressive. New iterations on the mocks were whipped out within hours of me providing feedback. Every morning I would wake up to find the latest deliverables completed and in my inbox.

On the iOS side, Dawid was building the UI elements and was able to translate the mocks into a functional app prototype well within the scoped timeline and went above and beyond in figuring out a state machine and implementing it without much direction provided by Dan or me. I can't be any more thrilled about how Altalogy works.

Honestly, for the work we scoped and the given timeline we executed in, I think we achieved our goals and stretch goals for the project. We couldn't be any happier with our partnership with Altalogy and will most likely use them again in the future!

Overall Score True professionals, can't complain. Highly recommended.
    Despite the time difference Dawid was extremely responsive. We continually talked on slack and met on Google hangouts once a week.
    Designs were iterated on countless times as stated in our contract without any issues. For iOS, Dawid was extremely transparent with logging his time.
    Design work was exactly what we were looking for. iOS implementation was also excellent given the timeframe.
    I already have!

Website Development for Hearth Manufacturer

"They delivered everything with great punctuality."

June - Aug. 2019

Altalogy developed a website for a garden hearth manufacturing company. They focused on modernizing UX/UI, building custom page transitions and e-commerce functionality.

Katowice, Poland
Tomasz Brzozowski
CEO, Brzozowski Architecture

Since the creation of the website, page traffic and sales have increased more than initially expected. The Altalogy team was flexible and professional throughout the project.

My company deal with the production of exclusive garden hearths. We are a young company but we have a monopoly in Poland.

We employed Altalogy to create an advanced website. Www.hettasupply.com

Show our company as modern through an interesting website.

I found it on the internet based on positive reviews.

The project involved creating a modern website that would encourage customers to buy our product. The site had several interesting solutions such as smooth page transitions and custom transitions to the right.

The team consisted of a graphic designer and web developer.

The number of people visiting our site has increased. Our sales have started.

All went thermally and without any problems.

They delivered everything with great punctuality.

Probably not .

Overall Score A company worth recommending
    Altalogy has prepared the exact schedule for us and fully adhered to it.
    Very reasonable for the amount of work they put in.
    Very high, our site is really unique.
    Very large, we will continue to use them ourselves.

Web Dev & Design for Online Gender Reveal Game

They’re extremely knowledgeable and always abided by a realistic timeline.”

Apr. - Aug. 2019

Altalogy picked up an MVP of an online maternity game and optimized its features, utilizing React, PHP, and Ruby on Rails. The team also implemented a website redesign and integrated a payment option.

Atlanta, Georgia
Kimberly Jolasun
CEO, The Gender Reveal Game

Altalogy’s web updates have boosted the level of game hosting, and the homepage now has an attractive design that’s received many compliments. Communicative and transparent, the project manager ensured a seamless project. In spite of a complex pricing model, Altalogy provided excellent service.

I’m the founder of a company that helps moms raise money, using games and online educational tools. We’re based in Atlanta.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altalogy?

They worked on a game called Gender Reveal, which allows expecting mothers to raise money by having friends and family guess the baby’s gender with cash.

They came into the picture after I had produced an MVP. They helped make iterations for the existing website by optimizing features and updating the design.

Firstly, they walked us through how to optimize our engagement with moms. They strategized a homepage redesign and adding simple features like an FAQ page. They also integrated a payment option through Stripe into the backend, which is how we collect the funds. The site utilizes React for the frontend and Ruby on Rails for the backend. They also used PHP for the admin panel.

My main point of contact was Dawid (Co-founder, Altalogy) who served as a project manager, and the team fluctuated around 4 people.

How did you come to work with Altalogy?

They were recommended to me by another company, who had had a good experience with them. I went to them based on her recommendation.

I’ve spent around $5000.

We began working together in April and wrapped up in August 2019.

Thanks to their updates, we’ve been able to host 250 games, which is a considerable increase from before. We’ve also gotten compliments on the design of the homepage. If there were any bugs, they caught them before I did—if a customer found one, I would let them know and they’d resolve it immediately.

How did Altalogy perform from a project management standpoint?

Dawid has been great. While there’s often a language barrier when you outsource, that was not an issue at all. Since Dawid was my primary point of contact, it was easy to keep track of communications and progress. We used Slack and Twilio to communicate.

The constant communication was very impressive. There were even some times when they’d have to check in with me because they hadn’t heard from me. They’re extremely knowledgeable and always abided by a realistic timeline. I didn’t experience any scheduling issues—they were usually ahead of the deadline or they’d communicate to me in advance.

I would appreciate if they had a simpler pricing model. They have developers of various levels on their team, so it makes sense that they’d charge you more for a senior developer than a junior developer. Having said that, it makes it a little difficult for me when trying to decide on the cost of the project.

They’re very competitively priced. While they’re not expensive, they’re not cheap—which is frequently the expectation with overseas providers. For that price, you’ll definitely be getting good quality work.

Make sure that you’re fully fleshing out your concept with them if they’re coming into the project without starting from scratch.

Web App Development for Marketplace Platform

"I’m not technology savvy, but Altalogy helped me understand how things worked and what could improve."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Altalogy designed and developed a marketplace web app for a streetwear and sneaker seller. The product, which features payment and social media integrations, is built using React.js and is hosted on AWS.

Poland
Wojciech Spaczynski
Co-Owner, New Hype

Altalogy successfully delivered MVP-level and launch-ready versions of the platform without experiencing any development delays. The team contributed conceptually to the framework of the application and executed on all of their ideas. Altalogy is organized and provides excellent support.

I am the co-owner of an online marketplace for streetwear and authentic sneakers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altalogy?

We hired Altalogy to develop the web application platform for our business.

I’m not a very technical person, so I entered into the engagement with only a general idea of the platform and how it should look. We held brainstorming sessions with Altalogy’s team to determine the specific features and flow of the product. Once we agreed to a project plan, Altalogy designed and developed the platform over a series of sprints using React.js. We use AWS to host the platform, and Altalogy added payment and social media integrations. I received several product demonstrations throughout the development process, and they implemented my feedback after each round of feedback. Ultimately, we reached the MVP stage, and we have since continued updating the platform so that it can soon launch.

We have about four people working with our project.

How did you come to work with Altalogy?

We learned of Altalogy through a reference. They are located in the same city as us, so it was quite easy to communicate and meet, which was important to us.

We’ve spent approximately $50,000.

Our engagement began in November 2018 and remains ongoing. If the launch of our web application goes well, I expect us to work with Altalogy again to build a mobile app as well.

They have delivered great work so far, and they provide outstanding support when we need it.

How did Altalogy perform from a project management standpoint?

We didn’t experience a single delay during the development process. They accomplished everything on time. I’m pretty old-school, so I managed the project from our end in Excel spreadsheets. We met every week or two, so I was always updated regarding their progress.

Altalogy has a professional team, and they honor their promises. If they committed to finishing something, they completed it by the appropriate date. They also offered smart ideas to help build out the platform. I’m not technology savvy, but Altalogy helped me understand how things worked and what could improve.

If I was a developer myself, I might be able to critique them better, but from my current point of view, they accomplished everything we needed of them. It was a pretty straightforward engagement.

Altalogy is deserving of your trust. If you work with them, you can expect results you’ll be happy with.

This was a big investment for our company, but Altalogy’s price was among the most reasonable.

Development for Child Safety Platform

"If it weren’t for their swift development work, we would have been out of business."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Taking over for a dysfunctional vendor, Altalogy made corrections to a faulty database and AWS server that hosts a child safety platform. They fixed framework errors and added frontend features to help users.

Pearland, Texas
Founder, KYKS - Keeping Your Kids Safe

Altalogy provided vital development support in a time of crisis and eventually delivered a functional platform that helped to retain clients and achieve a successful launch. The team is communicative and transparent, and they set themselves apart with a high standard of product quality.

I am the founder of KYKS — Keep Your Kids Safe. We help children get off and on the correct school buses or go home a pre-determined way that their parents have assigned.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altalogy?

After having a poor experience with another developer, I hired Altalogy to fix our software program and have it work the way it was intended.

Our previous developer crashed our system right as we were preparing to release our product with a group of schools. Altalogy corrected everything in four days. They repaired the database and our AWS server, and they fixed a lot of the framework and the user experience. Further, Altalogy made some edits to the design—making it softer to not look so archaic—and they added several time-saving features for the end user. We continue to work with them to maintain the system.

I coordinate with one project manager and two developers.

How did you come to work with Altalogy?

They came as a recommendation from an entrepreneur friend of mine.

We’ve spent less than $50,000 so far.

Our engagement began in August 2018 and remains ongoing.

If it weren’t for their swift development work, we would have been out of business. They managed to step up when another provider failed to do so. They helped us retain our existing clients and add a few others, and our system has experienced no problems. That’s a testament to their work.

How did Altology perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been far more communicative and transparent than our previous vendor. We have weekly stand-up meetings through video calls and otherwise share notes through Slack and Trello. They meet all of their deadlines, and they’ve been wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend them.

They’re problem-solvers. Very little is out of the realm of possibility for them. They do their best to meet my needs, and they are clear if they can’t. I appreciate that level of honesty and communication.

No, they’ve done nothing but impress me so far.

I’d advise future clients to do their homework on all of the vendors they consider. Ask the difficult questions and look at their portfolios because that’s how you’ll determine if your chosen vendor can handle your work.

Web App Development for Order Pick-up Platform

“They have everything that you’d want to have in a business partner.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Altalogy supports in-house programmers on UI, UX, and troubleshooting for a proprietary app working in React, GraphQL, and Node.js,

Houston, Texas
Dommonic Nelson
CEO, FoodGarage, LLC

Working at a high level, Altalogy’s support provides strong value added. Delivering on time and following up after delivery, their communicative approach builds trust through honesty and transparency.

I’m the CEO and founder of FoodGarage, a food order pickup technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altalogy?

We provide online access to order pickup by pairing our online technology with a customizable locker system. We needed additional development support for our app as we grew.

Altalogy provides additional development support to build and manage our app, working with React, GraphQL, and Node.js. We jointly developed a scope of work that articulated the challenges we were facing and the how Altalogy could help us address them. We identified a number of activities that they could take over from us including the UX and UI for our platform. They also troubleshoot.

The online platform connects users with restaurants who place completed orders in lockers for pickup. The app provides an overview of restaurant takeout order status. It relies on SMS notifications through which users and restaurants can communicate directly about the status of the orders.

We work with the owner and a programmer.

How did you come to work with Altalogy?

Their CEO messaged me about their services on LinkedIn. I often get offers like that. The reason I chose Altalogy was their level of transparency and honesty. My investors were opposed to outsourcing given past bad experiences they had had. I made the executive decision to work with Altalogy because they offered to work with us at no cost at first as a trial. I couldn’t pass up that opportunity and they very quickly demonstrated their value added. As a result, I was able to earn the investors’ trust and we started our collaboration with them.

We’ve spent more than $3,000.

We started working together in April 2018 and it’s ongoing.

If I was rating them on a scale, their work would be a 10 out of 10. I've never experienced programmers that work to this level. I've worked with programmers quite often and none of them have delivered to the capacity that Altalogy has.

How did Altalogy perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via email, video calls, even Facebook Messenger. They use a tool to leave notes in the code so my in-house developer can see exactly where they left off and what they were doing. They communicate daily, not weekly or monthly.

They always deliver on time. If anything becomes an issue, they're willing to assess it. Even after they’ve delivered the product, they provide support to make sure everything is working as promised.

Transparency and honesty are the most important things to me. They let us know where they can help, where they can’t, and are always honest. It feels more like we’re working with friends than with another business.

No. If anything, they could grow their team so that they can help more clients deliver value. They have everything that you’d want to have in a business partner.

Trust them. They know what they're doing. They establish a high level of communication and identify the problems you need to solve. They will create a scope of work that clarifies the outcomes and how long it will take to reach them. The way in which they run their operation will get you the results that you want. They do a great job leading the way.

I’ve already recommended them three times.

Web Development for Data Solution Startup

"They work as part of our team, not just a vendor."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Altalogy did full-cycle web development for a data services platform. They created a minimum viable product and did security, testing, and UI. The solution is currently in support.

Warsaw, Poland
Hubert Guzera
Owner, Placeme

Positive feedback from stakeholders has focused on the solution’s effectiveness. The team has integrated into agile methods and sprint cycles and can respond at any time in order to ensure delivery on schedule.

I’m the owner of Placeme, a data services startup. We aggregate data for presentation to retailers, including data on competitors, the location, transactions, and more. Users can click on a map and get information about competitors and customers in that market.

What challenge were you trying to address with Altalogy?

We needed an outside partner for web development.

In the beginning, they prepared the minimum viable product. They did the frontend development in React and I did all the backend. Their involvement expanded and they are now responsible for backend in Python. Our platform sits on Amazon Web Services, utilizing PostgresSQL with PostGIS and DynamoDB as databases, Cognito for user management, and Lambda and Elastin Beanstalk for hosting the backend. Altalogy also handles security and testing, while we do UX design on our side. We’re working on the data set and managing the business aspects of the platform.

My main points of contact are the Dawid (CEO, Altalogy) and Tomek (CTO, Altalogy). I also have direct contact with the whole team, which consists of five members as of now.

How did you come to work with Altalogy?

I received a few recommendations and I found a few myself. I wrote an email to each vendor explaining what I wanted to do achieve. Altalogy was very professional early on. They paid attention to my needs and were very eager to help. I liked the way they processed my requests.

We have spent 60,000 euros ($68,122).

We started working together in April 2017 and the engagement is ongoing.

We’ve received positive feedback from our clients as well as startup investors and accelerators, mostly regarding the effectiveness of the platform that Altalogy developed.

How did Altalogy perform from a project management standpoint?

When we began the engagement, I gave them requirements and they delivered after some time. We later added some data scientists on our side and they added backend developers, so we had a lot more feedback. The growth of our cooperation demanded agile integration and we’ve moved into a biweekly sprint cycle. We divide the sprints to more closely cooperate. They’re always responsive and adaptive to us, and they’re able to work on their own.

They work as part of our team, not just a vendor. Their technical knowledge is useful, and they will work at night when we need them to deliver on schedule. I can call them at any time and they will fix any issues right away. They have never left us without assistance.

Sometimes they upload something with small mistakes, though they make any necessary fixes. Furthermore, while we do receive summaries and timetables, they could improve on project management.

Clients should be open to their suggestions because their technical and business expertise helps them give very good feedback. They really know their trade. When we build a new feature, they consider its economics along with the technical issues.

For some clients, the lack of formal organization or structure might be an issue. They’re a good match for startups that don’t have a lot of procedures because they don’t provide reports or metrics at the end of the sprint cycle.

Web Dev for Restaurant Tech Startup

"Altalogy communicated effectively and professionally from start to finish. They were truly invested in our success."

May - Nov. 2018

Altalogy helped design and develop a web application for a food industry tech startup. They created a detailed statement of work, created the app, and help configure and launch a working version.

Houston, Texas
Dommonic Nelson
Founder, FoodGarage, LLC

The app has won a pitch competition and will begin live testing with real-world users soon. Altalogy delivered high-quality products from start to finish. Daily meetings and an agile workflow made collaboration seamless. Customers can expect a highly dedicated, knowledgeable, and transparent team.

I am the founder and CEO/COO of FoodGarage, LLC. We developed a technology called The Yummy Box that stores customers’ orders for pick-up at fast casual restaurants.

For what projects/services did your company hire Altalogy?

We engaged Altalogy to design and develop our web application for The Yummy Box.

We wanted Altalogy to identify the best way to develop our app and then help build it.

We talked over LinkedIn for months before this project. We had built a sense of personal trust and respect for each other which made the decision to collaborate very easy. They offered to do a trial run for us to see their work, which appealed to our pre-seed investor. Altalogy also demonstrated a high level of communications skills, honesty, and experience in web app development.

The project began with a statement of work and an hour-long video call to review PowerPoints. Altalogy made sure that they understood every detail of our vision and our needs before starting work. They then assisted with designing, developing, configuring, and launching our web app.

We worked with a project team of four people—including a dedicated project developer who stayed in touch with us daily—that would scale up or down depending on each stage’s needs.

We had a working application for Demo Day which let us win $3,000 in a pitch competition. We’re now preparing for live testing of our system at a local restaurant. Altalogy’s skillful work and timeliness helped bring us to this stage.

Altalogy communicated with us daily, keeping us consistently updated on the project’s status. We used Facebook Messenger for brief but important conversations that needed to take place in real time. They also agreed to complete work using agile methodology; this approach let us quickly build and test different versions of the desired solution.

No, they were excellent web developers who delivered the best possible solution to our business challenge. We’ve never encountered a company that seeks to builds trust and invest in a win-win relationship like Altalogy.

MVP Dev for Employment App

"Altalogy was willing to put in the effort to deliver the best product possible."

Apr.–May 2018

Altalogy developed an MVP to test a native mobile app in the market. The final product is intended to display location functionalities and have interactive features for users.

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Erik Klein
IT Consultant, Mendix

The MVP met all original requirements. The Altalogy team brought strong development expertise to the project. Their communication skills and overall collaborative approach made for a seamless engagement.

I’m a consultant at Mendix. We build both mobile and web apps for customers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Altalogy?

I needed a team to help me create an MVP for my native mobile app idea.

Ultimately, I wanted a live MVP that we could test. The goal was to validate my concept in the market.

I posted an ad on AngelList, and the founder of Altalogy reached out. After speaking with them, we decided to move forward together.

Altalogy developed a native mobile app. They implemented geolocation functionalities to display all local job openings. Their developer built interactive features to allow users to contact companies and enter location information.

They provided one developer who I worked with directly.

They completed the MVP perfectly, and the collaboration went smoothly.

They managed the project effectively. Our shared experience with agile software development helped us work efficiently.

Altalogy was willing to put in the effort to deliver the best product possible. They had a collaborative, proactive approach.

I can’t think of anything they could’ve done better.

Overall Score I had a great overall experience!
    Everything was communicated and delivered on time.
    They were cost-effective and saw the benefit in my idea.
    They delivered more than we expected.
    Yes because I trust them.