UX/UI DESIGN & WEB / MOBILE DEVELOPMENT AGENCY

Agente — user interface and experience design agency. We design and build amazing Websites, Mobile Apps, and Interfaces for companies worldwide.

Agente started out as a small company, founded by two technology and design professionals, Andrew Terehin and Vladimir Gorz. The company has evolved into a full-service UX/UI design and mobile/web development agency.

Today Agente is a company with extensive experience (and remarkable results) in Information Architecture (IA), User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design as well as graphic design and branding.

New York, NY
    Krasnozvezdnaya Street 18B
    Minsk 220034
    Belarus
    +375.29.194.95.76

Cornerstone, Sarpinos Inc, Talentory AG, Discoveree, etc.

Lend Line

Agente designed a logo for a financial software developer’s latest software-as-a-service, a lending interface for community banks. They also created a corporate brand book and pitch deck that helps fundraise.

CornerStone Projects

AGENTE provides ongoing graphic design services for an IT solutions provider, creating a cohesive corporate branding package and streamlining web app UI across various artistic projects.

San Francisco Stock Exchange — fintech platform and mobile app

Agente transformed a finance-focused mobile app concept into a visual rendering. Deliverables included wireframes, graphic designs, and a pitch deck for investors. Minor development services were also provided.

Sarpino's Pizza

The client approached us to investigate the reasons behind the low conversion rate and high bounce rate on mobile devices. Our second goal was to produce a new visually attractive user interface that would allow integrating a new logo.

Having analyzed the data, we came to a conclusion that the website does not adapt to mobile devices, so we decided to develop a new user interaction strategy. As a result, we created a consistent pass-through navigation and added an option to quickly order pizza from any page of the website. Additionally, we created an interface that easily adapts to desktop, tablet, and smartphone.

UI Design for Small Business Financial App

"You give them a project and they quote you a price and get it done in a timely fashion."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

San Francisco Bay Area
Benjamin Lozano
CEO, True North Business Exchange

Investor and stakeholder feedback has been positive; users appreciate the sleek, smooth user interface. Agente managed the workload successfully with a combination of project management tools. Their artistic vision was highly valued.

My company is True North Business Exchange. We’re a financial services platform for small businesses. I’m the CEO and co-founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agente?

We needed some contract UX/UI work for a mobile app.

The project was to translate the business logic of our financial services platform into a mobile app design. They worked with our project manager on that. I was not the product owner, but I ideated the concept and created the business model. Our CTO was the project manager lead on it, and he’s the one who worked principally with Agente. He’s no longer with our company, so I’m working with them now as well.

It was a greenfield project. We provided the concept for the app, and they turned around wireframes, art design, and so on. A little of their development was used when there were some custom controls that were made, but we have our own in-house developers who did most of it. I should also mention they put together our pitch deck. They did UX/UI design work, general design work. There was a little bit of iOS development, but just for the custom controls.

It’s an application for buying and selling US small business financial securities. That is not a product that exists, so we were dealing with the challenge of the user experience and generally the product ontology of it. They have a guy named [Vladimir] Gorz [Creative director, AGENTE], who’s extremely skilled. He’s just a fantastic artist and good at rendering ideation into a visual representation.

How did you come to work with Agente?

It was through a referral from our then-CTO. I considered other firms, but I was happy with the work Gorz had done on the pitch deck before that, so we went with them.

How much have you invested with Agente?

I would say probably $100,000.

We started working with them in October of 2016, and the relationship is ongoing. We’ve scaled it back based on where we are in the project. The bulk of the work has been done. Ultimately, we need to have our own UI/UX team in-house, so that has changed the nature of the relationship. We’ll continue to engage them when we need their services.

They’re very professional. You give them a project, and they quote you a price and get it done in a timely fashion. There’s a major time difference between San Francisco and Belarus, but other than that, the impact was positive. Gorz did really good work.

We’re in alpha phase right now, so we’re not yet live. We’ve gotten great feedback from the people who are testing it. The investors and other people who are beta testing it for us have said it’s very sleek and smooth, which is exactly what we were looking for.

How did Agente perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed pretty well. We brought them on temporarily into our Slack team. We used Dropbox, InVision, and Zeppelin.

What did you find most impressive about Agente?

The one thing I would highlight is that Gorz is a really solid artist. He’s very creative, and he added a lot of value to the project.

Multiple Design Projects for Norwegian IT Solutions Firm

"For the budget we had, AGENTE delivered a lot of value."

2012 - Ongoing

Askim, Norway
Jonathan Bigler
CMO, Kommunion Inc.

Thanks to AGENTE’s attractive and intuitive designs, app users constantly share positive feedback during sales and training processes. The team’s non-traditional creativity ensures viable digital products that outdistance local business competitors.

We are a Norwegian company founded in 2000. We have developed a web-service platform called Cornerstone, which provides online fundraising and membership management for organizations. The company has around 15 employees spread between Norway, Russia, and Ukraine. I am the chief marketing officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with AGENTE?

A part of the challenge had to do with our communication through the company website, as well as our graphic profile, which we renewed recently.

We’ve worked on several projects with AGENTE, some for a few hours’ worth of work, and others spanning several months, including subprojects.

AGENTE has created our latest graphic design and corporate identity, including most of the user interface of our platform. The aim was to create an intuitive, inviting, and pleasant app for users. The project started with a review of our logo. We had worked with different designers in the past, so our communication was not consistent. AGENTE created a new logo and a simple profile consisting of fonts, colors, and visual elements that we could use throughout our operations. We ran several campaigns in 2016, so AGENTE had to build a package for our conference stand, along with infographics for the display computer. They also created a new concept for our brochures and website. It was a complete branding package.

In terms of communication, AGENTE has had the regular task of finding the right expression of our business, communicating the right message to clients about who we are and what we deliver.

We were assigned a project manager, and I believe that the team also included a designer and another resource.

How did you come to work with AGENTE?

Our CTO had an existing relationship with AGENTE since before our company was started. We’ve also worked with other designers and don’t use AGENTE exclusively since we produce websites for clients and interact with different designers. We are regularly in the process of evaluating which firm is the best fit for a particular project. When it comes to our own communication and the design of our product, we more-or-less use AGENTE systematically. We may also involve freelancers, but AGENTE holds the artistic line of our branding.

How much have you invested with AGENTE?

Our last project for a new branding profile had a cost of around $10,000. Our spending changes a lot from year to year. Overall, we’ve spent just under $50,000.

We started our latest project with AGENTE in the summer of 2016, and the work spanned over 8 months. The partnership was started way before my time in the company, at least 4 years ago. We have a long-term partnership.

We compete with different web apps, mostly on the Norwegian market. Many of our competitors here don’t really see the value of having a good design for their applications. Often, we get feedback from customers during both the sales and training processes. They feel that our system is easy to understand and intuitive. It gives users a sense of trust, and this has a lot to do with the aesthetic.

We received some comments saying that our previous interface was too dark. When we launched the new version of the GUI [graphical user interface], as well as our new branding and logo, we received a lot of positive feedback. It helps place us within the category of trusted businesses. It may not say anything about how we do our job, but having a professional expression sends the signal that we take our business seriously.

How did AGENTE perform from a project management standpoint?

The last deadline was rather tight and surrounded by some uncertainty. We’ve had to adjust a lot along the way, and I feel that AGENTE has been very good at remaining flexible and accommodating our needs, even during rather difficult periods with holidays and other impediments. AGENTE has done a good job in managing resources. The communication has been good, and I feel that the project is under control. AGENTE is good at having an overview and putting it through. Deadlines have been reached.

What did you find most impressive about AGENTE?

One thing we particularly appreciate about AGENTE is their creativity and the fact that the team is very much in touch with what’s going on in the digital world. When it comes to digital communication, AGENTE is very good at creating designs that feel current and fresh. During the logo design process, which was quite sensitive, AGENTE listened to our feedback and tried different things. For the budget we had, AGENTE delivered a lot of value. When it came to print designs, however, I felt that they had less experience, so AGENTE is definitely stronger in terms of digital and creativity.

I’ve worked with many designers who operated systematically, creating their own frameworks and following them tightly. In this sense, AGENTE is less of a traditional corporate designer, but they are definitely stronger on the artistic side, so this is what we tend to use them for.

Are there any areas AGENTE could improve?

Print design is a questionable area because it’s not our main focus either. Whether it’s an improvement point or simply something that AGENTE isn’t focusing on depends on how we look at it. Nothing comes to mind right now. We’ve generally been happy with the delivery, which is why we’ve worked with AGENTE for several years.

I would appreciate a bit more attention to detail. We’ve tended to prefer other designers for brochures or content-heavy material. This has to do with language since we produce content in Norwegian; even though AGENTE is good with English, there are too many small mistakes during the copy/paste process. It’s not a critical thing, but there could be better quality control internally before delivering to the client.

Cost depends a lot on what it’s compared to. AGENTE is expensive for a Minsk company, but they cost about half or less of what we’d pay a company in Norway for the same job. We could find cheaper options, but I wouldn’t expect the same quality.
    AGENTE has delivered as expected. The creativity and time values are good.
    It depends on what the colleague wants to do. In the case of a brochure, a book, or other content-intensive material, I wouldn’t recommend AGENTE. For our type of work, like web app-interfaces and website design, I would.

Website Design Enhancements for National Pizza Chain

"They're always willing to make any adjustments that we need."

2015 - Ongoing

Agente assisted with website development and a redesign following a major company rebranding effort. They now conduct site adjustments for optimal functionality and visual appeal.

Marketing Director, Pizza Chain

Using new in-house branding guidelines, the development team transformed the marketing vision into streamlined web pages. General web traffic has increased, in part because of Agente’s intuitive designs and flexible revision process.

We have 50 pizza franchise locations here in the United States in different markets. I’m the marketing manager, overseeing national-level marketing activities. We have two different types of marketing: marketing at a national level and store-level marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agente?

Recently, we launched a major rebranding of the company, so we hired Agente to help us with our website development and online needs.

They did the major work in redesigning our existing website, creating new pages and designs, and trying to reflect what we as a company stand for now. They also helped us with email blast development. They didn’t do social media marketing. There’s an online ordering component that’s an e-commerce website. This is POS [point of sale], so Agente wasn’t responsible for creating or improving that. Whatever is digital or online, they pretty much helped us with that.

We developed branding guidelines once we went through the major branding. It was a document where we would oversee and give Agente a description of what to achieve and what we want people to know. They took the information they had and helped us visualize it, based on our branding and our needs, on pages on the website. They didn’t do something major like design a logo. For example, there is an icon on the website that says "Free Delivery." If you click on this, you'll see how they visualize "Free Delivery" based on our branding and needs.

How did you come to work with Agente?

I'm not sure how we first found Agente. I just know we have them. I’ve been with the company for 2 years, so maybe they found them before I started. We did a small project with them to start and then analyzed the results we received. We started giving them bigger and bigger projects, and we still work with them today.

How much have you invested with Agente?

It's probably $10,000–$20,000 per year if you're doing a big project. If not, then it’s up to $10,000. We don't do any work with them on a monthly basis; it’s more on a project basis. They charge us per hour per project. They give us their rate and the estimated number of hours they’re going to spend on it. Then, we start working, and they give us the breakdown of actual hours and send us an invoice based on what we agreed initially. Last year, we spent a lot because we were developing all the website pages and the new emails. They’re pretty decent in terms of price. They're not overpriced.

They’ve been working with me for 2 years. At first, we started with something really small: changing a hero image on the website or Facebook page. The work is ongoing.

If I'm checking the last 30 days, my website traffic is 220,000 sessions, but it's general website traffic. I check my Google Analytics to see the performance of my landing pages, just to know if people actually are interested, but I cannot say if Agente’s contribution to the overall success is a part of it since I also work with my SEO team to develop and make sure the content performs well. It's a team effort. I personally like what they do. What they have created for us is visually appealing.

How did Agente perform from a project management standpoint?

They are a very good team of professionals. They are very responsive. They're always willing to make any adjustments that we need. They never get offended if we don't like something or ask for another round of revisions. Everything you see on our website is all done by them.

We use email for the majority of our communication. They don't have any project management tools in place to view their progress. We worked with Andrew (a general manager). I usually communicate with him, and he coordinates with his team. However, in rare cases when his team is not clear on what I envision, they connect me directly to the designers. We jump on a conference call via Skype and discuss the details. It goes both ways.

What did you find most impressive about Agente?

I think a good reference would be the full landing pages on our site: open 365, open late, we deliver, and no minimum order. Those are the best examples of what they have done for us so far. Other than that, they are a good company to work with. They respond in a timely manner and follow up with us. They are not money cautious, so they don't push the invoices to you right away. They usually give you a timeframe to pay. I’ve never experienced any issues with them. If I do sense a problem, I call the designers and say, "I think you’re moving in the wrong direction. Here's what I would like to see" and they adjust.

Are there any areas Agente could improve?

No, I don't think so. They do a good job.

They're always available online. They respond all the time. I never have issues with communicating.
    They're perfect.
    About 99% of the work that they do is what we expected. Only 1% requires some changes.
    I would definitely recommend them.

LendLine Logo and Pitch Deck Design

"They’re very open and efficient."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

COO, Lending Software Developer

Agente designed a logo that was versatile and effective. It attracted VCs as well as clients, who are often more traditional. Though the team delves too deeply into detail, causing delays, they are highly creative and communicate openly. Their work continues to help in fundraising.

We are a developer for lending software. I am the cofounder and COO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agente?

We were developing our online lending software for community banks, which was a new type of customer for us. Our team has experience in marketplace lending and worked for different companies in that space, but community banks have now decided to come into this market. It’s a very traditional industry, so we needed to develop software and sell it for them, keeping in mind their traditional values and their less risky approach.

Our software-as-a-service allows community banks to start lending online in a matter of days with no upfront costs. We brought on Agente because we wanted a logo that was fintech-looking to appeal to VCs, but also traditional enough to appeal to our customers.

They developed designs for our logo and corporate brand book. They also designed a pitch deck for us. We worked with 4 people from their team including their CEO, 2 designers, and a customer relations team member.

How did you come to work with Agente?

We researched different providers and their price was competitive. We also saw what Agente did for one of my friend’s companies and we liked it very much.

How much have you invested with Agente?

We have spent less than $10,000 over the course of our relationship.

We started working with them in November 2016, and the work is ongoing.

They quickly got to the task and came to us with a few iterations before providing a solution that our team just loved. The pitch deck took a bit longer, but the result was outstanding. Both VC's and clients like our logo, and the pitch deck is really helping us in our fundraising efforts right now.

Our customers care about our logo, finding different and interesting things that appeal to them. They find the answers for themselves about what our logo means, and we’re very happy with this result. Traditional people from traditional industries feel that the logo is close to them and from their world.

How did Agente perform from a project management standpoint?

Though they are a bit slow and don’t like to work weekends, communication was good. However, as a startup, we work on the weekend and would hope that the agencies we work with do the same.

What did you find most impressive about Agente?

They’re very open and efficient. They’re creative, but sometimes too creative. They’re nice to work with. It was a great experience.

Are there any areas Agente could improve?

One thing that bothers me with Agente is they try to go too greatly into detail and they might take longer than we expect. We’ve been working with them on UX/UI for a month. We’re also working with another company at the same time and we’re still undecided who we will use for this phase of the project.

The cost is great.

UX & Graphic Design for App Prototype

"Anything that requires graphic design and UX design is their strength."

Apr. 2016 - Apr. 2017

AGENTE provided user interface and user experience optimization, as well as branding and graphic design, for a mobile app prototype. The app functions as an automation for HR departments and job seekers.

Sydney, Australia
Mehdi Mostag
Founder, Discoveree

Iterating with another firm, AGENTE produced increasingly market-ready versions of the product. The team’s strengths were in all areas of UX and graphic design; their delivery schedule could be somewhat inconsistent. Their communication improved during the course of the relationship.

Discoveree is a job board in Australia. We deliver jobs to job seekers in real time based on their profile, social media, and the web. I'm the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agente?

I brought them in for mobile application prototypes. It’s a SaaS platform, web application, and mobile app. The specific work that Agente was doing was for the mobile app.

We required AGENTE to improve the user experience and user interface on our mobile application prototypes.

We provided an initial prototype. We have UX experts here. Agente mocked up the different scenarios and flowcharts and the wireframes that accommodated them. They also provided the branding, design and Invision prototypes that were required to create a seamless experience for senior stakeholders to review our digital assets.

The whole concept is that we developed a platform and mobile application that allows users to search for jobs without physically having to search for jobs. The features have an algorithm and the algorithm searches the user based on their skill sets instead of their job title and all their digital resume data and presents those results to an employer instantly if they’re able in the network. They’re to show their abilities. It’s an automated system for HR. We used someone else for the development and implementation. I approached Agente before I got investors for the product. There were other business relationships my investors had so it didn’t make sense to use Agente.

How many resources have been assigned to your project?

We had a UX designer, a UI designer, and a project manager. They’re a very good agency in terms of the standard you get abroad.

How did you come to work with Agente?

I came across their website and saw some of their work in creative art, design, and layout. I got to know them and tested them out with a project. From that point on, we developed a lot more work. They’re very good with illustration and video animation.

How much have you invested with Agente?

We spent between $10,000 and $50,000.

I approached them in early 2016, and the project took a year. There were a lot of small tasks that they worked on throughout the year. I had presentations for investors and I got professional decks done and things like that. They do a lot of different work. We are not currently working with them because of the relationships my business partners have with other firms.

We’ve done iterations, Agente did some iterations, and the other vendor did some iterations. The app hasn’t been released to the market yet. I’m about to launch the business in a month or two. Based on what we did and what I asked for on the brief, Agente executed it well. Value for money is good too.

How did Agente perform from a project management standpoint?

They were fairly attentive. Skype meetings always happened when I needed them to. Sometimes they weren’t as prompt as they should’ve been when projects needed to be completed. They have a lot of clients and might have some backlog. At the beginning, it was a bit difficult, but as time went on, things were done on time. When I was first starting, I was always in a hurry and probably a bit pushy. Now that it’s been so long, I realize it’s more like a marathon than a race. I’m taking my time to get it right.

What did you find most impressive about Agente?

Their strengths are animation, illustration, digital design, and UX. Anything that requires graphic design and UX design is their strength.

Are there any areas Agente could improve?

They are a little inconsistent on delivery times. Another weakness would be the language barrier and a few other factors that you have when you’re working remotely.

Overall Score 49