Magento E-commerce Solutions Developer

ABOUT US

Ageno is a comprehensive software house established in 2010, based in Bielsko-Biala / Poland. We’re a full-service Magento 1 and 2 eCommerce specialists. Our team includes highly skilled and experienced professionals ranging from project managers, testers, designers, and developers all working from our HQ in Central Europe in Bielsko-Biala/Poland.

SERVICES

• Magento 1 Outsourcing
  • B2C e-commerce solutions
  • B2B e-commerce solutions
  • Back Office Integration
  • PIM Solutions (based on Pimcore and Magento)
  • API Integration

• Sass/Less
  • Redis
  • Varnish Cache

CONTACT

We've helped many businesses grow by delivering on time on budget and with high quality. We're a ready to develop your e-commerce.

Please tell us about your project: [email protected]

Bielsko-Biala, Poland

• buttonwood.pl
  • mamado.pl
  • sklep-torebki.pl

Website Development for Sailing Company

"Ageno delivered what we wanted and more."

Jan. - May 2018

Ageno assisted with a full website redevelopment project using provided design wireframes. They used React.JS and JavaScript, and now provide ongoing support and maintenance.

Poland
Tech Lead, Join The Crew

The website’s new modern interface and improved usability have boosted KPIs such as revenue, bookings, and customer appreciation. While they excel at communicating and collaboratively solving issues, there’s area to improve regarding their project management.

I’m the tech lead of Join The Crew, a company that organizes sailing trips around the world. Customers can visit our page and book yachts and other boats to go sailing on their holiday. We bring together young people who want to meet each other and spend one or two weeks sailing to different destinations, from Europe to the Caribbean Sea.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ageno?

We wanted to refresh our old website and system; it was old-fashioned and not mobile friendly at all. Our business is quite big, with a lot of use cases to cover, so we needed a vendor to develop something new from scratch.

Keeping up with technology is important nowadays, especially given the effort we’re making to build a community around our business. We want to provide a space for clients to talk to each other and meet via our website.

Ageno built our new website from scratch; we only gave them a basic color palette and the designs. I acted as project manager and made the architecture for the application. They were tasked exclusively with developing it, using React.js and JavaScript. From a product point of view, we used Material-UI as a framework.

We worked with a project manager and three developers from their side during peak development. They worked fulltime for almost four months. For maintenance, they provide a couple of developers for two weeks a month.

How did you come to work with Ageno?

I had worked with Ageno for another company that I own, however, I also did some market research. Since I had a good track record with them, I knew what to expect, which was the main deciding factor when looking at other vendors.

We started working together in January 2017, and it took four months to develop the first release. We published the product, and it’s working. However, we continue to maintain it and build new features.

Ageno delivered what we wanted and more, which is the biggest value of their services. Every idea in our requirements was developed without a problem, even though the project was a challenge for us. The primary key performance indicator (KPI) we measured was revenue, which increased compared to the previous year. While this isn’t only because of the website, it heavily influenced those results. The number of bookings we secure has also increased.

A third, unmeasurable KPI, is our customers’ impressions. Right now, they feel that the site is new and more modern, and they’re more likely to use it. While it’s still early to make definitive assumptions about hard-number KPIs, given that the website was only published three months ago, we’ve seen definite improvements.

How did Ageno perform from a project management standpoint?

I can’t say anything bad in this regard. The introduction to the project was done face to face. After that, all communication was done through Slack and Skype. We also used Trello as a task manager. They’re generally over-communicative; the person in charge of the project would contact me just to ask for feedback.

We did have a couple of unique problems during the process. Whenever we faced a challenging situation, we discussed things together and quickly found solutions that satisfied both sides. While we missed the deadline by a month, it wasn’t all their fault. We added a lot of requirements in the process and they did everything they could to meet the deadline. Overall, Ageno was good in terms of timeline management. From my perspective, it has been a productive collaboration.

I like the fact that we can solve every problem that comes up. There will always be issues, but I don’t feel alone with Ageno. I can just talk to them and find a solution. I really appreciate this involved approach.

In my opinion, the project management on their side was of low quality compared to other organizations, which is why I took on this role. They need to work on this area.

They’re great developers, and they have no problems with communication, but it’s essential for clients to have someone in place that can glue the project together. Otherwise, clients will have to worry about management during the collaboration.

e-Commerce Web Dev for Automotive Retailer

"All problems in our cooperation were settled in the most beneficial way for me."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Ageno created an e-commerce solution using Magento 2, aiming to have a great product layout as well as valuable content and to automate the order processing process.

Czechowice-Dziedzice, Poland
Mariusz Cyankiewicz
Owner, e-lakiernik

The new website has great visual appeal and works seamlessly, allowing customers to place orders without a hassle. Ageno’s team is not only communicative and punctual, but they also have vast experience and knowledge about e-commerce and technology in general.

I’m the founder of a store that offers an assortment of DIY projects and parts for the automotive industry. Our most popular products are car paints, including aerosol spray paint cans, touch up bottles, and related products. We also offer polishing compounds and car cosmetics.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ageno?

Our main goal was to create a unique e-commerce platform for the automotive DIY [Do-It-Yourself] industry. We wanted to create a website that would present our unusual assortment in an understandable way.

The main goal for the site was to combine an attractive product presentation with valuable content for the client. Our technical goal was to automate our order processing with a sales system.

I was looking for an agency located in my neighborhood as I wanted to have personal contact with the people that would work on my project. Ageno’s portfolio made the greatest impression on me of all the ones I considered and their general knowledge about all issues related to e-commerce solutions was remarkable. After two meetings, I fully trusted the agency and decided to hire them to develop my e-commerce platform.

They scoped the project and developed the system based on my concept, building the online store from scratch on Magento 2. Among the most important details was the aesthetic presentation of the product and its connection to the tips section. One of the challenges was to implement unique custom options for our car paint offers. The next task was to integrate the store with the Polish sales system "Subiekt GT".

Several people have worked on the site but I was only in contact with them through the project manager.

The completion of a functioning e-commerce platform should be considered as a project's success—the website is visually beautiful and runs smoothly. The first customers I redirected from the marketplace on which I operate can now make trouble-free orders. All the automated processes surrounding orders work properly and the store is now ready to start positioning itself with SEO.

How effective was the project management?

The communication and timelines were good—the project was completed by the agreed deadline. We used Trello, which was very easy to use and made it possible to work on individual elements of the project in an iterative way.

What I find most impressive is probably their general knowledge about all issues related to e-commerce solutions. They can optimally combine all the necessary elements into a working whole. They not only understand technology but also have experience in its practical use.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

All problems in our cooperation were settled in the most beneficial way for me. I cannot complain about anything.

The platform meets all my requirements.

Magento Web Dev & Design for Auto Platform

"They’re very professional […and] always had fresh and interesting ideas."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Ageno improved the look and design of an e-commerce site hosted on Magento. Serving B2B and B2C channels, the site manages 2,000,000 retail items. A faster processing system automates orders from Excel files.

Bielsko-Biala, Poland
CEO, Nocar

Development work increased monthly web traffic for the B2C channel significantly, saving money on marketing efforts. Both owners used excellent communication skills to convey complex programming terminology. Openness to constructive feedback and fresh ideas made for a strong partnership.

I’m the owner of a company that sells automotive parts and lighting both directly to end users and on the B2B channel. We’re currently expanding our range of products in order to reach the widest possible customer base. As both a seller and reseller, we purchase goods from producers and from other suppliers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ageno?

Our platform poses consistent challenges. Initially built to reach direct customers, we realized the benefits of including the B2B channel as well. We’re currently focused on aggregating information on our sales methods. A new system we’re developing will show end users the correct items they need.

Ageno has worked on all facets of my company. They’ve improved the design and look of our website, which functions on both the B2B and B2C channels. The new and faster processing system can upload excel files, process data, and generate B2B orders. We've also had to combine rating stocks from our suppliers.

Currently, they’re syncing our desktop software to the website. We’ve started using Pimcore, an open-source enterprise software platform for e-commerce. The B2C channel is based on Magento 1.0, and we’ve updated the site to version 2.2.

After I had an interview with Maksymilian [Co-founder, Ageno] and he showed his crew how to develop my project. I lack the technical terminology to communicate with UX specialists, and he helped convey my vision. Krzysztof [Co-founder, Ageno] explained the complex programming language. He's very open-minded and has the necessary expertise to fulfill all project needs.

How did you come to work with Ageno?

A company I initially worked with was a powerful e-commerce player on the Polish market. When they raised their prices significantly, I searched for other options on Google. Having built a website for my colleague, Ageno seemed like a great partner.

I’ve spent €100,000 [$118,435] so far. The B2C channel cost €50,000 [$59,223] but the B2B channel will not be completed within the same budget. We will probably spend €15,000-€20,000 [$17766-$23689] more on that part of the project.

We started working together about 2 years ago, around February 2016.

I’ve saved money on marketing, like Facebook and Google AdWords, since they developed new features. Initially, had minor movement of our website of about 100,000 monthly users. The impact from the B2C channel has seen consistent monthly growth. We’re continuing to work on increasing site traffic, and our ultimate goal is to become the market leader.

How did Ageno perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great communications. We primarily used a portal called Trello. Initially, they’d take 24 hours to answer questions. As they’ve employed more staff, their response time has decreased to about 15 minutes.

It’s difficult to set timelines for a project this large; my website will have 2,000,000 items available for sale. Certain plugins we use are extremely hard to develop. Techdock, in particular, has a 250-page description for its documentation. Simple tasks, like making covers or specific changes, usually only take about three hours.

Since this area is completely new to me, I found everything they did impressive. I didn't know anything about programming languages, yet they were able to translate my ideas for the website into a finished product. They always had fresh and interesting ideas.

Within the area of software development, it’s important to think through the entire trajectory of your project. This initial consideration will help create a budget and decide which path to take. It’s almost impossible to accomplish anything internet-related with a small budget because the entire field is dramatically changing so fast.

Overall Score We have a really good partnership, and I love working with them. They're very professional.
    Although it’s very expensive, and can vary drastically with even an hour of extra work, their rates are competitive.

Frontend & Backend Web Dev for Stocks Investment Service

"After a face-to-face meeting, we knew we could trust them."

July - Sept. 2016

Ageno spearheaded a complex financial website implementation by managing both frontend and backend development and translating existing graphics and functional designs.

Kraków, Poland
Piotr Baron
Owner & Board Member, Investio

The finished platform has attracted 500 subscribers, thanks to Ageno’s quick understanding of the field and user preferences. The team’s iterative workflow, creative suggestions, flexibility, and reliable hourly billing methods contributed to a valuable partnership.

I’m the owner and a board member of Investio. Established in 2012, the company is now numbered among the biggest groups of financial websites in Poland with over 20,000 registered users.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ageno?

We hired Ageno to conduct a complex website, Buttonwood.pl, and implement both the frontend and backend.

The Buttonwood.pl website concept was created based on our experience with the Squaber and Investio websites. We had found a niche that could not be filled by our existing assets.

We found Ageno by searching online. After a face-to-face meeting, we knew we could trust them.

Through Buttonwood.pl, we transparently invested 200,000zł [$56,362.00] in stock markets. All of our transactions, records, and current portfolio components are disclosed to our users in order to teach them how to manage their investments.

Explain how the solution addressed your business challenge.

Based on our graphics and functional designs, Ageno has created Buttonwood.pl from scratch. They achieved everything we wanted.

The team consisted of 6 people: a Scrum master, a lead backend developer, a backend developer, 2 frontend developers, and a project manager.

We started Buttonwood.pl monetization in September 2016. Currently, we have 500 subscribers. Right now, we are trying to establish Buttonwood Investments, an asset management company in a form of a robo-advisor. We intend to continue cooperating with Ageno on that project.

How effective was the project management?

The platform was implemented on time. Ageno was competent and worked iteratively. Thanks to the creativity and flexibility of the people working on the project, we avoided trivial issues that would otherwise have blocked our efforts.

In the past, we’ve run into issues with development projects due to the difficult subject—financial markets—we are dealing with. This often caused misunderstandings, but not with Ageno. Perhaps our functional design was better this time, but that does not change the fact that the understanding of the project by the entire team contributed to the final result.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

In my opinion, they could improve the communication when implementing new versions for production.

Overall Score They've done a great job.
      They didn't deviate from our schedule.
      Ageno kept to the agreed rate per hour and accurately reported their time.
      Our platform works well, and updates are made on a regular basis.
      I've recommended Ageno to other startups.

E-commerce Web Dev & SEO for Design Firm

"They are fun to work with, creative and highly competent."

2015 - Ongoing

Ageno offered a full-service e-commerce solution. They created a fully customised frontend and backend solution, managed SEO, design, and various key functionalities for the site and its advertising.

Oslo, Norway
    Kay Telle Hoel
    Manager, Digitelle AS

Ageno’s final website was key to its eventual success; it is fast and functional. They were easy to work with, and have great creative and professional management. Overall, the team was service-minded and responsive to the client’s needs.

I am the manager of Digitelle AS, a graphic design and digital advertising company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ageno?

I work as a project manager for a client of mine on a large e-commerce solution for the Mall of Norway. Ageno developed a Bespoke webshop and CMS system for us, as well as integrating the site with other systems. They also helped with shipping functionalities and site SEO.

The ultimate goal of the project was to set up a custom-made webshop.

We chose Ageno as web developers based on their good reviews and the positive experiences their clients had on previous web development projects.

The site's frontend and backend were fully customised for the shop developed by Ageno. The project included everything from SEO and design implementation to GUI tweaking, integration with a stock management system, shipping, automated emails, marketing features, etc.

Explain how the solution addressed your business challenge.

The webshop is performing well and revenue is growing.

My client, the Mall of Norway, the team at Ageno and myself worked on this project together.

Cash flow revenue from the webshop is now positive. This success can be attributed to various factors, but having a functional, well built, fast, and robust webshop is key. That is thanks to Ageno.

How effective was the project management?

Project management was handled well. The team at Ageno was always service-minded and responsive.

The best thing about Ageno is their professional skill-set, positive attitude, and ability to realize difficult ideas in high-pressure scenarios. They are fun to work with, creative and highly competent.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

I recommend working with them. I'm looking forward to doing so myself in the future.