Shopify Design & Branding For Creative Businesses

Aeolidia is a web and graphic design studio that has been setting up online shops for designers, makers, and other creatives since before Etsy launched. Aeolidia serves those at early stages on their path with an informative blog and supportive community, and meets established businesses at that tipping point where strategic design can be transformative and cause exponential growth.

Aeolidia is one of the top ranked Shopify Experts listed on shopify.com, and Aeolidia alumni include Emily McDowell, Rifle Paper Co., and the Renegade Craft Fair.

The custom websites Aeolidia creates have a reputation for transforming businesses, taking them to the next level, and resulting in substantial increases to online sales.

2004
Seattle, WA

Sugar Paper, Day Designer, Emily McDowell Studio, Molly Hatch Design, Project Life, Hester & Cook, Petit Collage, 20x200, Rifle Paper Co., Lisa Congdon

Lisa Congdon Art & Illustration custom Shopify website Image

Lisa Congdon Art & Illustration custom Shopify website

For Lisa Congdon’s custom Shopify website, designer Do-Hee Kim incorporated Lisa’s own illustrations and core brand colors to ensure the new website had plenty of punch and personality. Do-Hee also balanced that with white space and warm tones, keeping it clean, fresh, modern and easy-to-browse with Lisa’s art and products as the star.

Partnering with Shopify developer Shoshanna Love, Do-Hee also layered in

subtle load-animations on the new site to create a more contemporary, visually rich experience.
Soaring Suds Soap Co custom Shopify website Image

Soaring Suds Soap Co custom Shopify website

For this project, designer Ann Parker first refined Soaring Suds’ existing logo and created brand guidelines. The typography she chose has a simple style and a non-trendy approach. Ann wanted to avoid anything too trendy or complicated, because the Soaring Suds customers are purchasing these products as an indulgence, so it was important that the new branding be a bit more refined and high-end with a modern aesthetic that

compliments the colorful product and packaging.

Armed with a new logo and packaging, Ann then designed website layouts for the new Soaring Suds Shopify website, along with social media templates. Caroline Colom Vásquez and Helen Hulskamp were brought onboard for this project to offer strategic business consulting and website stats analysis. Photographer Jen Lacey shot new hero images for the website, and copywriter Natalia Sylvester wrote ecommerce copy for the collections page, about page, and product descriptions. Developer Jon Manning ensured that everything worked smoothly behind the scenes on Shopify.

Bespoke Verse logo & Shopify site Image

Bespoke Verse logo & Shopify site

Bespoke Verse is a UK-based poetry studio that crafts custom rhymes for life’s special occasions and sells poetry-themed gifts (like prints, homewares, and stationery), all created with original works written in-house. Joanna Miller came to us for a logo refresh and a complete site revamp for her company. She told us, "My goal is CREDIBILITY – to have a design-conscious and cool site (with blog and easy to navigate shop) that

boosts our brand and establishes us and challenges our competitors. It would encourage more purchases directly from us rather than 90% going through our main online marketplace notonthehighstreet.com. It would encourage stockists who research us to take us seriously and be more likely to make an order. I’d like the site, branding, photography, packaging etc., to be more in tune. I am happy to invest in this. To see this happen is my main goal – I know increased sales will follow." View the full case study here.
Mafu custom Shopify design Image

Mafu custom Shopify design

The logo design features solid, classic typography, paired with a whimsical hand-drawn illustration. It reflects Mafu’s trusted, tried and true handmade botanicals and the friendly services that Bonnie provides in her own home. The primary mark includes an “est.” date, which establishes the business’s longevity and experience. The macrons (little lines over the vowels) and dictionary inspired pronunciation tag are fun and

helpful visual cues. The thin, delicate lines in the leaf drawing adds contrast to the bolder type. The alternate marks feature a version of the logo with the “goodness & beauty” tag line, along with the word mark alone and an M monogram. The website design expands on the modern botanical branding we established, while telling the story of Mafu, showcasing Bonnie’s wonderful products, and inspiring her customers (new and trusted alike) to make a purchase. The slightly darker, muted tones of the branding colors add legibility, while illustrations and a new handwritten font, bring softness and warmth to the site. View the full case study here.
Handcrafted HoneyBee custom Shopify design Image

Handcrafted HoneyBee custom Shopify design

Our Solutions Design a look that can appeal to smart, motivated girls without coming across as childish Make sure that the look also instills confidence in the moms, aunts and other adults buying our products for girls Develop a cohesive visual style for a broad collection of offerings: kits, skin care products, online content, perhaps even giftable items like stickers, prints, t-shirts, etc. Craft an unboxing experience

that takes a girl on a journey from curiosity to interest to excitement to inspiration Sarah on our team composed every element of the Create-Your-Own Skin Care kits and the HHB Skin Care Collection. The result is a consistent style that will captivate a girl’s attention and make learning enjoyable. Read the full case study here.
Petit Collage custom Shopify design Image

Petit Collage custom Shopify design

Our Solutions Petit Collage is an established brand with a well-recognized aesthetic. We created a website befitting of the modern, sustainable brand. The homepage, while packed with information, doesn’t overwhelm its customers. They can shop by age, price, theme, or category. Or they can explore Petit Collage’s top-selling products with various homepage features, including a slideshow and a simple but sweet video. The

feature-rich site includes a “quick view” item option and a helpful store locator. View the full case study here.
Hester & Cook custom Shopify design Image

Hester & Cook custom Shopify design

The Hester & Cook team came to us to upgrade their online shop to solidify Hester & Cook as the go-to resource for tabletop goods. This new site needed to display beautifully across all devices (whether desktop, tablet, or phone), include an inspiration gallery to showcase their latest and greatest products, keep up with their growing product line, and capture data so they could assess and increase their conversion

Emily McDowell custom Shopify design Image

Emily McDowell custom Shopify design

We loved working with Emily for her first shop site, and were thrilled to meet her again to push her online sales to the next level. The goals for this project were to: Increase retail sales by 30% Increase the mobile conversion rate Minimize abandoned checkouts Increase the average order amount Integrate the WordPress blog into Shopify Increase the blog readership Showcase the business’ personality Create a killer,

custom-tailored site Read full case study here.

Branding Services for Online Retailer

"I love that they work to empower female entrepreneurship."

May - July 2020

An online retail brand hired Aeolidia to provide brand development, logo concepts, and stylization copywriting services. The goal of the project was to create a brand that resonated with their target audience.

Hershey, Pennsylvania
Owner, Online Retail Brand

Though the project is yet to launch, the company has announced the forthcoming changes and has gotten positive feedback on the project's visuals. The communication between both parties was good, as all of the company's questions were answered in a timely manner.

We are an online retail brand selling kitchen decor and recipe art. I am the owner and founder of the brand.

Brand Development Logo concepts Brand Stylization Copywriting

We are a brand new company looking to get recognized by our target market. We wanted to create a brand that resonated with and attracted our audience and drew them in to be loyal fans of the brand.

How did you select Aeolidia?

I knew of several other small business owners that had worked with Aeolidia and had nothing but positive things to say about them.

After discussing their experiences with them and then a quick conference call with Arianne from Aeolidia - I felt confident that I was in good hands and working with the best people for the job.

The process began with a brief conference call with one of the co-owner's of Aeolidia to discuss my brand history, goals and the scope of the work I was looking for. After that call, a few quotes were put together for me and I was able to decide which one best fit my budget and needs.

From there, I met with my Project Manager and was briefed on the basic timeline we would be adhering to for the project. Communication was always prompt and we stuck to the timeline for the entirety of the project. The process was very collaborative and I was able to provide insight or feedback for every piece.

Deliverables were handed to me as they were completed based on the timeline.

I worked with a Project Manager that oversaw the logistics and timeline of the project. I also worked with a Graphic Designer and Copywriter for the details.

I have not yet launched the new brand, but I have announced the name change and new logo and have gotten numerous compliments on all of the new brand visuals!

I noticed that I have attracted new members of my target audience on social media and have gained new subscribers to my email newsletter list.

All communication was process through Hive and we had no issues. Questions were answered in a timely manner, responses and project updates were issued on time.

I loved that they have worked with large brands that are names I recognized. I love that they work to empower female entrepreneurship.

I appreciate that they never made me or my brand feel insignificant despite the fact that this was not one of their "big ticket" projects.

My only critique is that when we really got to the "meat and potatoes" of the graphic design, that timeline coincided with the copywriter's time and it felt like it was too much to focus on at one time.

I would have preferred those items be handled that different points of the project.

Branding Services for Jeweler

"They're incredibly thorough throughout the process."

June - Aug. 2020

A jeweler hired Aeolidia to assist with its rebranding campaign. The team was in charge of the new business name, logo, and full brand identity.

Longview, Texas
Mary Wood
Founder & Designer, Modern Merrigold

The company has received overwhelmingly positive feedback on their rebrand. The team took great lengths to make the progress of the project as easy to follow as possible. The company was most impressed by the team's interest in their business and how to best execute the rebrand.

Modern Merrigold is a made in the USA jewelry brand based in Texas. I am the founder + designer of Modern Merrigold.

For what projects/services did your company hire Aeolidia?

I hired Aeolidia to assist with a new visual brand identity, including a new business name, logo, and full brand identity.

As my e-commerce business has grown over the last several years, I noticed a disconnect between my branding, the customers I wanted to reach, and the type of jewelry I wanted to offer them.

My main goal in working with Aeolidia was to bring all of those elements in line so that going forward, I can offer the best possible products to the right target audience.

How did you select Aeolidia?

I searched for various branding agencies on Google and received recommendations from my peers. Ultimately, I felt that Aeolidia's expansive portfolio and the incredibly unique work that they did with other brands best fit the aesthetic I wanted for my rebrand.

The process began by working with an Aeolidia copywriter to brainstorm a new business name. We found a winner after 2-3 short rounds of ideas & revisions, and finished that portion of the rebrand at least a week ahead of schedule.

Next, the graphic designer that I was paired with began working on the primary logo. I provided her with a Pinterest mood board that contained colors, scenery, font examples, and other ideas to show the direction I hoped to go.

We chatted briefly by video, and shortly thereafter she provided me with the logo she had designed, which was absolutely what i was looking for. She did so incredibly well, I had no revisions to request.

We finished the primary logo process ahead of schedule and moved on to the rest of the brand identity, where we collaboratively worked together for another few weeks to flesh out an alternate logo, brand colors, patterns, icons, and brand seal.

All in all, I could not be happier with how smoothly this process went.

I worked with a copywriter & graphic designer. There was also a project manager and the leader at Aeolidia consistently checked in during the process. The team did not change for the duration of my project, and I really liked the continuity that provided.

Our rebrand just launched very recently, but all of the feedback we've received from peers and customers has been overwhelmingly positive.

I anticipate a higher than average holiday season stemming from more confidence in my brand and heightened customer awareness from this new, distinctive, colorful brand identity.

The Aeolidia team utilized Hive.co for managing the project, which I really enjoyed. It was very helpful to see the entire project laid out in an easy to follow chronological format with each individual task and all the details for that task.

They performed like a well-oiled machine from a PM standpoint; everyone knew their job and performed it very well. Expectations were clearly communicated and I never felt lost at any point in the process.

I was very impressed by Aeolidia's dedication to learning about my current brand position and what I wanted from a rebrand. They asked many, many in depth questions and really got to the heart of what I wanted.

I believe this is one reason why my project was so successfully and finished ahead of time. They're incredibly thorough throughout the process. I also very much appreciated their professionalism, cheerfulness, and willingness to help.

I don't believe there's anything that should have or could have been done differently with regards to my project.

I was very happy with how I was treated as a client, how the team took ownership of my project and created a visual brand identity that will last.

Overall Score A great overall experience with a very professional group.
    Scheduling was easy with Aeolidia and expectations were clearly lined out from the beginning.
    Excellent quality work at a competitive price
    Incredible work by a great team of talented designers
    I have already recommended Aeolidia to friends, and plan to utilize their services in the future.

Shopify Dev & Branding Services for Skincare Company

"They truly wanted us to succeed and we could see that from start to finish, from the people to the quality."

Nov. 2018 - Jan 2020

Aeolidia migrated a WordPress platform to a Shopify site, adding check-out functionalities and increasing user-friendly features. They also tweak existing branding, helping with packaging and photography.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Erica Finnan
President, Kate Ryan Skincare

The robust services from Aeolidia helped the business see overall growth in revenue, conversions, page sessions, and transactions, amongst other positive results. Their team serves as a one-stop-shop, working to provide a well-rounded service to help the client succeed in their field.

I’m the president of Kate Ryan Skincare. We’ve been in business for around nine years and we’re a natural, professional-grade skincare company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aeolidia?

We hired them because we were in the third iteration of our WordPress platform, but we felt not being built on an e-commerce site was holding back our growth. Our conversion rate and bounce rate were not acceptable and we couldn’t correct it on the WordPress platform.

The main reason we hired them was to migrate our existing WordPress platform over to a Shopify site. They incorporated functionalities to make check-out more efficient and several qualifiers to build consumer confidence in our brand. We view our home page as our front door since we don’t have a retail shop, so they incorporated our brand into it and personalized the page.

Even though we had done a rebranding several years before working with Aeolidia, they ended up taking on some of those efforts and made tweaks to it, including our copywriting. We stuck with our logo, but they softened the brand to make it feel more personal and tailored to our products.

They connected us with a designer to do watercolor artwork for our packaging. Our packaging is more eco-friendly now, so we’re using more glass and aluminum, which they helped us with. Our photography was also updated by their team. They also took a look at where we were in the market and looked at future planning efforts.

We had one main point of contact who was the lead designer. There was also someone for copywriting, a person working on email strategy, a project manager.

How did you come to work with Aeolidia?

Since we decided we wanted to use Shopify, we did endless online research but kept coming back to Aeolidia. One of the reasons is they did an excellent job providing information for small businesses, including emails that anticipated our needs and questions. They had a wealth of information on the website and they seemed to connect with us on a personal level even before we knew them.

We really liked that they had everything under one roof. Before, we had design, marketing, copywriting entities. Even though we were just looking for a developer, they could take on a lot more. They seemed to understand the challenges of small businesses and had all of the resources to help. It felt very reassuring to go with them.

We spent right under $50,000. We spent more than we originally planned, but it was all clear and we were aware of the increases, which were well worth doing.

We worked together from November 2018–January 2020. It took a bit longer than expected, since finding the right packaging is a slow process and we changed the scope.

Over the last year, our bounce rate improved 28%, so we’re down to 59%. Our page per session improved by 32% and our average session duration has improved by 45%. The number of transactions has gone up by 55%. Our revenue has increased by 33%, as our conversion rate has improved by 75%

Anecdotally, a YouTube esthetician picked up one of our products and we sold out in a matter of hours, so that has caused a phenomenal conversion rate recently. In the past, we never felt like our welcome page was welcoming people to our store. We now appreciate the ease of functionality for both our users and also our team for the backend. All of the automation has saved us a lot of time.

How did Aeolidia perform from a project management standpoint?

I can’t say enough positive things about how their project management was. They were fantastic. They were extremely organized to work with, which was really nice. As a small business owner, we wear a lot of hats and we knew how time-consuming a website project could be. Having a team like Aeolidia who knew what tasks they were responsible for and were organized was great. They knew when everything needed to be done and the project moved along well.

They are experts in what they do, which is hard to find. They truly cared; from the beginning, we got that sense from their website to their emails. I’m still in contact with their owner after our project because she gets in touch with us. They truly wanted us to succeed and we could see that from start to finish, from the people to the quality.

They did quality work with very little needed from the business owners, which is not how it’s been with other companies who rely on us to come up with ideas. They told us what we needed to do to grow and were proactive to take our brand to the next level. They were truly cohesive and knew what they were doing.

Off the top of my head, no. With what we’ve seen, we’ve been pleased.

If you’re at the tipping point where you know your products are great but you’re not growing, hire them. Have the confidence in your business if you have products that work and partner with a team that has experts to take you to the next level.

Shopify Site Improvements for an Artist Designer

"The workflow between us was very effective, and I had a fabulous experience."

Dec. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Aeolidia made changes and improvements to a Shopify site for an artist designer. Specialists for this collaboration included a graphic designer, copywriter, coder, and SEO expert.

Florence, Massachusetts
Molly Hatch
Artist Designer, Molly Hatch

Monthly sales now surpass previous yearly sales, subscribers are up 30%, and richer customer data lends itself to more focused marketing. Aeolidia was organized and easy to work with.

I am a self-employed artist designer that also retails products through design partnerships with other companies who manufacture for me. I am the sole employee, but I engage several freelancers. I have been in business since 2008.

For what projects/services did your company hire Aeolidia?

I needed to create a central home on the internet for my design work, where I could sell my products. They customized my Shopify site to work with all the aspects of my business.

I wanted to increase traffic and sales on my site through a better presentation of my brand and services.

I noticed that a lot of my peers were using Aeolidia for their sites, so I asked them about their experience. People enjoyed working with them, so I asked if they would work on my site. They offered a lot of services, including SEO and copywriting, which other designers didn't offer.

There were several specialized team members on this project. Before I engaged them, a salesperson helped me understand their process and outlined the cost, scope, and timeline for the project. After I hired them, my primary contact person was a project manager, who I spoke with once a week. I also worked with a copywriter, a graphic designer, and a coding specialist. Additionally, I hired an SEO expert to work with the team.

My business has grown exponentially, and monthly sales now surpass my previous yearly sales. Newsletter subscribers are up 30%, and there is a lot more data on our customers. We can apply that data to future marketing and sales.

They were very organized. Everything happened within a tight schedule and came together as planned. The workflow between us was very effective, and I had a fabulous experience.

I wish the original team stayed involved after the site was published. It would help to have more continuity after the site went live for tweaks and minor adjustments.

but well worth the investment

Website Redesign for Stationery Company

"We knew exactly what to expect from the start."

Mar. - Aug. 2018

Aeolidia handled a revamp for both wholesale and retail websites. They added e-commerce features, assisted with copywriting, and led the project’s launch.

Portland, Maine
Katharine Watson
Owner, Katharine Watson

The project team delivered impressive designs and an easy-to-use website that’s on par with original expectations. Aeolidia’s strengths include their responsiveness, punctuality, and highly-organized methodology, all of which leads to successful outputs.

I’m the founder and owner of an art and stationery company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Aeolidia?

We needed to redesign our retail and wholesale websites.

We wanted an updated online shop, a streamlined website, and branding that better reflected our product.

We’ve known about Aeolidia for years and always wanted to work with them. We just had to wait until the time was right to transition to our new online shop.

We created a brand new website including e-commerce, about pages, process pages, and more. Aeolidia helped with the copywriting, design, organization, and launch.

They assigned a team of about 5–10 people, which was consistent during the engagement.

The website’s design definitely lived up to our expectations. We wanted something modern and clean that still fit our aesthetic, and Aeolidia definitely delivered. We also wanted something that was easy for the customer to use, and we've gotten great feedback about that so far.

They were very effective in this regard. The team was quick to respond to our questions and met deadlines on time.

The process was very organized from start to finish, and the whole project was well mapped out. c

We felt that the last week or two of the project felt rushed compared to the rest of the project. We could’ve tried to balance out some of the work on our end a little better.

Web Design & Dev for Stationery Company

“... they hire experts in every field and ensure that each person plays to their strengths.”

Aug. 2017 - May 2018

Aeolidia provided website design, developing a new e-commerce Shopify site. They worked on improving the site’s functionality and look and feel to drive lead generation.

Chelsea Shukov
Founder, Sugar Paper

The team managed the project effectively, establishing clear schedules and tasks for all parties to secure a timely delivery. Their strong communication coupled with their commitment to producing high-quality results helped streamline the design process.

I’m the founder and creative director of Sugar Paper. We’re a retail wholesale business that produces social stationery.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aeolidia?

We were trying to improve their conversion rates on our Shopify website by revamping our site design to provide a more seamless user experience. Since we already had an established brand, it was important for us to maintain a cohesive look and feel throughout the platform.

Aeolidia provided website design for our Shopify site and product pages. We didn’t just want a beautiful site; rather, we wanted an attractive one that was also intelligent and functional. They created a design that adhered to our brand aesthetics before launching our platform earlier this year. Soon, they'll do a six-month check-in to wrap up the engagement.

They have a specific person assigned to each task based on their skill set. We had a project manager, an accountant, a designer, and a Google keywords specialist.

How did you come to work with Aeolidia?

It appealed to me that a lot of companies in my industry had worked with Aeolidia. At the time, I had already gone through three site iterations with my previous vendor who wasn't prevalent in the stationery business. Those projects ended up being complete disasters.

Upon the fourth iteration, I reached out to Aeolidia to see how they would approach the design. I was so impressed by their onboarding process and the way they vetted new clients that I decided to move forward with them. They turned out to be a delight to work with.

We spent $40,000.

We started working together in August 2017 and launched the site in May 2018. We consider the work to be ongoing as we wait for the six-month check-in.

Their process makes designing a new site extremely organized. Their founder has really thought through the pain points of designing a new site and created a process to respond to them. It's been a much smoother experience compared to other companies I’ve worked with.

How did Aeolidia perform from a project management standpoint?

They parsed out the work in a way that kept both sides accountable for deliverables. They always hit their deadlines and kept on top of us, too, making sure that we hit all of their targets. I really appreciated their project management; even though there were certain weeks when I felt I couldn't meet their deadline, I prioritized my tasks so that we remained on schedule.

They hire experts in every field and ensure that each person plays to their strengths. Aeolidia specializes in Shopify product-based websites—they’re truly authorities in this area and don’t try to be what they're not.

This is both a strength and a challenge, but I feel some of their rules are a little stringent. At times, I wished they were more flexible with their timeline, but, in the end, I appreciated that they kept me on track.

Potential clients need to be really organized in order to work with Aeolidia. They require you to have your copy written and your product photography ready to go. They can help if you need to hire a copywriter, but they won’t start the project until you have those things ready.

Overall Score It was awesome.
    They always hit their deadlines.
    They were really reasonable for what they delivered.
    The product was absolutely up to my expectations. A couple of things that weren’t perfect, but it was close.
    I’ve already recommended them to several people.

Website Update for Folk Art Business

"They are a creative team that takes the time to understand the heart of the business."

Dec. 2017 - Apr. 2018

After developing the initial e-commerce website several years ago, Aeolidia returned to update and optimize the platform for more versatility and improved performance.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Anne Damon
Owner, Zinnia Folk Arts, LLC

With enhanced visual appeal and attractive content, the new website better conveys the business history and character. Though conversions have been slow to increase in early months, Aeolidia remains responsive, transparent, and diligent in implementing adjustments or improvements.

I own a small Mexican folk art import business with a brick and mortar store in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and an e-commerce website. We feature a selection of top-quality handmade Mexican crafts personally curated through visits to artisans in seven Mexican states.

For what projects/services did your company hire Aeolidia?

I engaged Aeolidia to update my e-commerce website and optimize it for mobile platforms.

The main goals were to increase conversions, improve the site’s mobile responsiveness, and simplify aspects of backend updating during online sales.

Aeolidia built my original site in 2013, and I was very happy with their methods and design. We were able to establish an online e-commerce presence, and I was pleased with the results.

I contacted them again in early 2017 for marketing suggestions to increase my conversion rate and focus more on the target customer. One of their many recommendations was that the site needed to be mobile responsive. I didn't look for other vendors because I had been pleased with their earlier work.

The process began with a lengthy online questionnaire about my goals and desired results, followed by a phone call from the project coordinator to ensure we all understood the scope. Phase deadlines were established as well as what was required of me to keep the process moving.

I was very involved in the process, sharing several calls with them that included information additions or clarifications. They also provided explanations, analysis, and recommendations concerning my existing website. In the end, the team delivered a beautiful, completely revamped and mobile responsive Shopify site on time.

The new website features a streamlined backend for better control of inventory numbers, larger photographs, a well-designed pop-up for encouraging mailing list sign-ups, and an overall clearer picture of the purpose and story behind the business.

There were 8–10 people involved, which remained the same for the duration.

The new site is a definite improvement from my previous one. Many customers comment on its visual aesthetics and navigability. However, since launching five months ago, the conversion rate has not yet increased much. Many people, attracted by the blog information concerning Mexico and Mexican folk art, are visiting the site but are not converting to buyers.

The workflow was very effective. Although the team is spread out across North America, their use of Basecamp facilitates easy communication and quick responses from everyone. This allowed me to track both their progress and my obligations to keep us on task. Scheduling was excellent, and they were receptive to feedback. Each individual’s role was clearly delineated and identifiable. They also coordinated well behind the scenes; my questions were always discussed by the right people and answered promptly.

I have consistently been impressed with their design quality, responsiveness, organization, and in-depth understanding of Shopify’s capabilities. They are a creative team that takes the time to understand the heart of the business. They're then able to reflect that in a visually appealing and articulate design.

I also appreciate the six-month status check to review data and evaluate performance areas requiring improvement. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss solutions with them that we assumed would resolve a problem but aren’t functioning as expected.

This is an excellent, well-run, organized, and experienced company. I can't think of anything that should have been done differently.

Overall Score I love their approach to every facet of the design process.
    With a very clear schedule from the start, they always met the deadlines.
    I think their services are expensive, but I am also a very small business that watches every penny.
    They were excellent in every aspect.
    I am very willing to refer them.

Website Redesign & Marketing for Natural Beauty Brand

"They tailor things to growing makers looking to take themselves to the next level."

June 2016 - Ongoing

Aeolidia designed a Shopify website, incorporating blogging capabilities. They also helped create content for the site and provided strategic marketing counsel.

Olympia, Washington
Leslie McNeilus
Owner, Pure Luxe Apothecary

The user-friendly site Aeolidia built catalyzed a marked increase in online sales, and their marketing advice continues to pay dividends. Their well-grooved project management processes expedited delivery, and their individualized approach to service instills confidence in small business customers.

I am the owner and sole maker for a small-batch, handmade, natural remedies business. I do everything from face and body products, to natural perfumes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aeolidia?

I wanted a solid online presence and an e-commerce shop to boost my image and overall brand. I wanted to generate more traffic so I could sell more online—both retail and wholesale.

I also wanted to create a user-friendly backend dashboard. I had some trouble with the previous platform and apps I was using, so I wanted to streamline things. Aeolidia offered a good solution to that.

They made a brand new website on Shopify. They helped design a space for wholesale customers to place an order online, along with putting all the different software apps into one place. That made things really efficient. They also created a space for me to start blogging. Plus, they helped me figure out which features and pages I needed on the site to keep me on task and focused on the bigger picture.

They also provided assistance with marketing. I worked with one of their employees, who talked me through homing in a specific target customer and a mission statement for my business. They also provided me with copy for my website.

I worked with different people at different times. There was one main person overseeing the whole process. For the initial design phase, I worked closely with the designer. And for the marketing piece, I worked with their marketing person.

How did you come to work with Aeolidia?

I’ve followed the founder for quite awhile. She offers free resources and weekly newsletters, and I'm definitely her target market. I was watching, listening, and learning from her for probably two years before I decided to jump in and work with her. I initially approached them about doing a smaller project, but ended up doing a full website redesign.

We’ve invested $18,000 with them.

We’ve worked with them since June 2016.

The site looks great and works well, and online sales are up. Also, having the blog has helped engagement and built an audience. Overall, I can see the impact of the analytics. I’ve learned more about how to use them, what they mean, and how to benefit more from them.

​​​​​​How did Aeolidia perform from a project management standpoint?

Basecamp was a home base for us all to communicate, share documents, and schedule things.

They had an efficient system. From the beginning, they had all of the different pieces scheduled out, timelines, and who was responsible for what. Every person on the team was warm and friendly, even though we were just communicating online. It was clear that they were interested and motivated to try and understand what would suit me best.

Nothing was just left open-ended or without a date, so I really appreciated that. There were no delays. They kept things moving at a good pace and they knew what they're doing with their time.

They've really zeroed in on who they want to work with. A lot of their resources and offerings are valuable to small business owners. They tailor things to growing makers looking to take themselves to the next level.

​​​​​​Are there any areas they could improve?

I appreciated the fact that everything was online and efficient, but it would be nice to have more in-person gatherings with them.

​​​​​​Do you have any advice for potential customers?

Have some business experience under your belt. It’s harder to maximize your work with them if you're just getting started or just developing an idea. It's fine if you don't have a logo, a website, or branding nailed down, but you need to have a clear idea of what the core of your business is, why you you're doing it, who you're doing it for, and what your goals are. As long as you have clear goals and the core of your business is settled, they can really help you move really quickly.

Overall Score They've made themselves very knowledgeable, expert, and efficient at what they do.
    Everyone on their team followed up and were very responsive, prompt, and on schedule.
    They’re more on the expensive side but because they're so focused in on their target and they're good at what they do, I think it's worth it.
    They're detailed and clear about what they offer. They follow through in a really organized and creative way.
    I've had many other colleagues and peers ask me about my website and who designed it. I always recommend them and share my positive experiences.

Branding & Web Design for Small Skincare Company

“They were excellent entrepreneurs who understood their niche, specifically how to help smaller businesses.”

Sept. 2016 - July 2017

Aeolidia created a comprehensive set of branding materials, including logo and packaging design as well as key messages. The team also redesigned a Shopify site and populated the site with images and text.

Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Bonnie Juma
Owner, Mafu

The new assets and website cemented the brand identity, and the visuals were inviting and professional. Although there were some ambiguities, Aeolidia generally maintained open communication throughout the project. The team’s exceptional project management and timeliness ensured a smooth process.

I’m the owner of a boutique skincare company called Mafu. We aim to share products that nurture and never harm our bodies. Within the company, there’s a manufacturing side that makes our products and an education side, where I teach public courses on wellness and health.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aeolidia?

Because I wanted to adopt a new name for the company, I needed help rebranding to create a cleaner, cohesive look for our labels and products. The biggest thing for me was to get our look and feel down in a way that aligned with my own vision. I also needed resources to redesign my Shopify website.

When we started, they gathered a lot of information from me about my company such as the look, feel, mission, and messages as well as how to convey those messages visually. While this process took a long time, it allowed me to clarify my vision and affirm my own thoughts.

I worked closely with their graphic designers and photographers to cement our overall look. During the website development phase, they built my Shopify site, creating the custom design according to my desired specs and adding photos and text.

I worked with Samantha (Accounts Manager, Aeolidia), who coordinated communication between the graphic designers and photographers. I spoke directly with her as well as the other team members. They also assigned web developers and writers, but I didn’t interact with them as much.

How did you come to work with Aeolidia?

I’d been researching companies for about a year to prepare for my rebranding, finding agencies that designed logos, others that only did photography, and then companies that offered a full package. It was important to me to find a single company who could complete the entire project internally; I didn’t want to convey my vision to too many people and wonder if everyone understood it.

Eventually, it became obvious that Aeolidia was a good match for me. Despite their competitive prices, they had worked with several smaller companies before, and they offered a comprehensive rebranding package, including web development.

I spent $30,000.

Their work lasted from September 2016–July 2017.

They created a clear identity for my company with a visually appealing logo, giving a cohesiveness to my product labels. Although the final product turned out similar to what I initially had in mind, the branding looked far more polished and trustworthy.

They also built the website exactly how I wanted it, line by line. While I’m satisfied with the site, I do think this could have been more cost-efficient, considering how simple the backend was. I didn’t see a substantial increase in sales, but that was due to my own marketing efforts.

As far as our collaboration, we worked easily together. I knew what I wanted, so I needed their expertise and technical ability. I felt comfortable clarifying my ideas to them when things were not quite what I had in mind, and they knew that they could make new suggestions to strengthen the brand. In that sense, we developed a good working relationship.

How did Aeolidia perform from a project management standpoint?

They were beyond organized and responded to my inquiries right away. They established an effective communication system between us, so we were always in touch. I also appreciated that they set clear deadlines. This helped us keep track of both their tasks and my own. Overall, the process went smoothly.

They were excellent entrepreneurs who understood their niche, specifically how to help smaller businesses. They delivered professional results in a timely manner.

Despite their strong communication skills, there were two moments in particular where I felt they could have been more inclusive. When the website came together, I noticed on the agenda that they scheduled a meeting to discuss the project status. I would have liked to have been included in the meeting to hear their thoughts and give my input. While I understand that a meeting so close to the end might complicate the delivery, maintaining open discussion could please the client and improve their services.

Furthermore, after the site launch, they conducted a site checkup to make sure that everything was in order. They could benefit from slowing down the process and including more dialogue around any concerns. Rather than additional work, I would have appreciated a bit more communication to talk over the loose ends.

If customers already have a concept in mind, they should stick with their ideas. Being open to new ideas is helpful, but customers should know their vision and communicate it clearly to get the desired results. Furthermore, customers should be prepared to incur higher costs in site development.

Overall Score Overall, I was pleased with the results.
    They were extremely organized and streamlined the project.
    While the branding was top-notch, the web development could have been more cost-efficient.
    I was pleased with most of their work.
    I would recommend them for their branding skills.

Branding & Web Design for Small Knitting Company

“Aeolidia is the most cohesive team I've ever worked with ... they aren't siloed by department.”

Jan. - Oct. 2017

Aeolidia designed a Shopify website, including branding and product redesigns as needed. They provided business coaching and website analysis of performance and customer demographics.

Orange, California
Pam Powers
Owner, Pam Powers Knits

The new look of the website and branding materials are spot on. Through analysis and coaching, their team provided a strategy for designs that would appeal to targeted audiences. Each phase of planning was seamless and timely—their team is unified and proactive about problem-solving.

I'm the owner of Pam Powers Knits. I've been a knitwear designer for about 10 years, selling knitting patterns, kits, and paraphernalia on my website.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aeolidia?

My sales had been declining over the last few years and my website was outdated, so I figured it was time to redesign the site and target customers more effectively. I needed a vendor that could help me understand my audience better, improve website performance, and refresh the website and overall branding of my business.

At first, I worked with a business coach at Aeolidia who took some time to understand my business and my goals. Through some analysis, she provided me with a report that detailed the demographics of my customers and current site performance.

From there, I started working closely with a graphic designer on branding. After realizing my audience was generally older than I had originally thought, Aeolidia's team helped redesign everything (i.e., logo, product packaging, booth signage, etc.) to better target a more mature audience.

Then, I worked with a web designer to transition the products, videos, and digital files on my Squarespace website onto a Shopify platform.

Depending on the phase of the project, I either worked primarily with a business coach, a graphic designer, or a web designer. I also had a project manager available through each phase who was less hands-on.

How did you come to work with Aeolidia?

I've been following the work of Arianne Foulks [Founder, Aeolidia] for years and had been in touch with her in the past when her company was smaller. I've always liked her work, so I've kept her in mind until I was ready to reach out.

I'd guess that I've invested about $30,000 with them.

We started working together in January or February 2017 and the site launched in October that year.

I don't have access to the exact metrics, but I know our website traffic and conversion rates have increased. I'll be promoting the redesign next month, so I expect to see significant improvement after that.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the new look of the website and branding. They did a great job in every phase of planning.

How did Aeolidia perform from a project management standpoint?

They've performed incredibly well from a project management standpoint. Each phase of the project was organized and headed by one person.

We utilized Basecamp, which I found to be very efficient for this type of project. Although the process is time-consuming, their team was on top of every stage. I never got the feeling that they were too busy with other clients to cater to me.

Aeolidia is the most cohesive team I've ever worked with. They're very proactive about problem-solving and collaborating amongst their team—they aren't siloed by department. I had a lot of odd features on my website, but their team was able to handle it all seamlessly.

No, my biggest issue had to do more with me than with them. The website design moved very quickly and required a lot of my time, which I wasn't prepared for.

Understand that they're very proactive about getting work done in a timely manner. If you're developing a new product or planning to overhaul your brand, it requires a lot of your time. Make sure you're not too busy to commit the time needed to successfully do that. It's not a role that can be delegated to just anyone—it's too important.

Overall Score I don't have any complaints.
    Their team hit all deadlines and provided detailed schedules.
    Although I haven't promoted my site yet, I believe the value for investment will prove itself in the near future.
    Aeolidia handled all tasks efficiently and professionally. Their departments aren't siloed like other vendors.
    They went above and beyond what I expected. If you can afford it, it's a great investment.