Keeping clients online's, inline since 1999

Whether it’s a brand new website or you need re designing of a current website we can help you.  We have over 18 years of experience, in helping businesses develop their websites. A team that can assist you in creating a package that is both bespoke and affordable, whatever your requirements. If you are looking for a London based web design company with years of experience, then you have found the perfect partners.

With a range of skills to offer including Responsive web design, HTML5, Social Media, brochure sites, Content management systems, digital marketing, print design and copywriting; our team of web designers and development specialists will help you to achieve your objectives.

Using cutting edge tools to design and develop your website, we will show you how to unlock the potential of your business and, how to connect with customers from all four corners of the world.

If you don’t know what you need to find the ideal solution by the right web design company in London, we will listen to your business objectives and provide free advice to help you realise your goals.

If you fancy checking out some of our work, have a look at our web design portfolio and testimonials from our customers.

1999

small to medium sized businesses located in or around central London

WordPress Web Design & Ongoing Web App Dev for Fire Investigator

“Their work always comes out better than I expected. … You can’t afford not to hire them.”

Feb. - Dec. 2011

Active Webdezign performed web and app dev. They integrated pre-existing designs into the site that ranks first in relevant Google searches and has attracted clients like Samsung and Apple.

11- 50 Employees

Peter Mansi
Director, Fire Investigations UK

Their expertise and passion formed a fantastic working relationship that is both firm yet flexible. The team intrinsically understands and meet needs without pushing extraneous services. Competitive pricing and excellent customer satisfaction have led to continual work.

I'm the partner at Fire Investigations (UK) LLP, a forensic fire investigation consultancy. We conduct rigorous and unbiased fire investigations around the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Active Webdezign?

We had two projects about six years apart: the FI UK website and a web based app. We needed the website when we first started the business to get our name out there and obtain work. The app is separate from the fire investigation consultancy.

We first hired Mike [Yan, founder] when we were a brand new company trying to get established in the UK market. We wanted to appear classy, but also professional with a strong foundation in engineering and science. We already had a logo, so I told Mike what I wanted, and he had the difficult task of interpreting that and making it work online.

I didn’t know how dev works, but he was patient and walked me through the process. He showed me some of his past work, and he took my suggestions and came up with a few designs that highlighted our aim of “reflecting the facts without distortion.” I was persistent on that being our focus, and after a lot of work on his end, the end result was amazing.

My business partners and I designed the pages, and Mike helped with their style, images, background, and functionality. He suggested the company name and that we put “fire investigation” on as many pages as possible. Because of that, whenever you Google “fire investigation” and “UK,” we’re the first to pop up.

The site was created using WordPress, and we have a control panel where we can put news updates and new investigations. Usually, if I want to add or change something, I ask Mike to do it. The site functions well, so I leave it alone. The site will be six years old this year, but we don’t feel it needs updating because it’s working so well.

Active Webdezign has also helped with the app, and that’s been quite the process. Peter [Wimren, Chief Creative Officer] has done some graphic design and page layouts. We had a big meeting to determine if it should be an Apple or web app, but they helped me realize that web would be best because it could work on any device. They’re always tweaking the app and offering advice, and it’ll have beta testers soon.

I usually work with Mike and Peter, but they have a small team under them.

How did you come to work with Active Webdezign?

I had a friend whose website I liked; I asked who did his design, and he put me in touch with Webdeszign. Mike had been in the business for a while, and he seemed to have a good grasp of the market. A few other companies were suggested, but once I saw what Mike’s work, I didn't need to shop around.

We spent around £2,000 [$2,642] on the website and about £12,000 [$15,849] on the app.

We worked on the website from February to December of 2011. The app is a recent engagement.

The site is pretty simple, but we’ve had quite a few compliments on it. A client told us they had looked at our competitors’ sites, but ours was the clearest and most professional. I noticed, after about a year, that our competitors all began to copy our website design, so I think that’s pretty telling. Everyone on the team likes the site, and it paid for itself in the first six months.

When we launched, we shocked all our competitors. We were a well-established team and, even though these other companies had been doing fire investigations in the U.K. for 30 or 40 years, we still broke into the market really well. We've worked for the Qatari government, Samsung, Apple, and they all got our details from the website.

How did Active Webdezign perform from a project management standpoint?

We typically communicate via email, phone, or in-person meetings.

Mike and his team are always on top of their work. I’m usually the one who holds a project up. I wanted to work with a local team so I could put a face to their names and have a good working relationship. My priority was to have someone I could trust and communicate well with, and Active Webdezign fulfilled that.

Their subtle marketing tactic has worked really well for us. We don't sell a product, we sell a service, so we don’t need to be in anyone’s face. What’s most important is that whoever looks at our site is confident in our ability, and I certainly think Mike’s been able to achieve that.

Their ability to retain knowledge and engage with our content is also impressive. No one on the team knew much about fire investigation before working with us, but they quickly caught onto the jargon. This helped when it came to sounding professional because they could make sure the right words were used.

Mike doesn’t try to push anything on me, either. He knows what I want, and he manages my expectations well. He doesn’t make excuses or try to impress; if he doesn’t know something, he asks. And he isn’t afraid to tell me when he thinks I’m wrong or getting on a tangent. These all make our working relationship really effective.

No, they've never let me down. Their work always comes out better than I expected.

Advice for potential customers?

Go in and see him. Have that meeting with him and explain what you want and where you're trying to get. You can’t afford not to hire them.

Overall Score It's been a great experience.
    It's me that hold them back.
    The website has more than paid for itself, and the costs are very competitive.
    They deliver what I ask and have never let me down.
    I wouldn't recommend anyone else.