Awarded #1 in Client Retention for SEM & Web Dev

Let's face it, the web is a crowded place. We are experts at helping companies stand out in the crowd and establish a lasting online impression. Our full-service digital marketing agency provides web design & development, local and national SEO campaigns, and PPC management. Our experienced team of web designers, developers, and SEO/SEM gurus are ready to help you ACT BOLD.

Santa Monica, CA
  • 1750 14th St STE B
    Santa Monica, CA 90404
  • 1801 Century Park E. Suite 2210
    Los Angeles, CA 90067

Over the years we have put together quite the portfolio of clients ranging from big brands to small retailers. Our transparency and creativity as an agency has allowed us to boast an incredibly high client retention rate. Our experience, professionalism, and results speak for themselves.

• Photos.com
  • Mathnasium
  • Grab A Gun
  • Mentoring Minds

Fremont College Homepage

Act Bold designed and developed a custom site for Fremont College on the WordPress CMS.

Eagle Creek European Website on Magento

Act Bold developed Eagle Creek's European website on the Magento platform. This website features a multi-site that supports the 13 different countries and 3 languages it offers to their customers.

Trycapsule.com's Ecommerce Feature

TryCapsule.com's custom marketplace.

Try Capsule Custom Ruby Development

Act Bold designed and developed a captivating site for brides and families looking for a photo capturing service.  We used Try Capsule's customer profile to design a site that targets their demographic.  This site is a custom site developed with Ruby.  Act Bold also integrated Try Capsule's iOs/Andorid app and developed a custom marketplace for their eCommerce functionality.

Fine Awards Home Page Design

Amazing Magento Homepage Design.  Stunning banner design.

Pure and Healthy Product Page on Magento

Act Bold was tasked to create a new brand for Arm and Hammer.  The brand was focused on selling hypoallergenic bedding.  We design and developed the site on teh Magento platform.  This image features a stunning product page that offers unique content, high resolution product images, and related products.

Pure & Healthy Magento Category Page

Act Bold designed and developed a cateogry page with a user-friendly product flow and intuitive, filtered navigational feature.

Fine Awards Category Page

Category page that showcases beautiful awards for customers to choose from.

Fine Awards Mobile Homepage Design on Magento

Act Bold developed a custom backend on the Magento platform.

HTF hardware Category Page

HTF Hardware Category page with filtered navigation to sort through desired products.

HTF Hardware Magento eCommerce Design & Development

Act Bold designed and developed a new eCommerce site on the Magento platform to push hardware products.

Bed Bug Product Detail Page

Act Bold designed a stunning product page that includes captivating product photography and utilizes the cross-sell and related products feature of Magento.

Bed Bug Magento Web Design and Development

Act Bold's web design and development team took Bed Bug's old website, which looked like they were selling insecticide, and transformed it into a beautiful, functional website on the Magento platform.  The design aims to achieve a lighter feel and gives the customer a feeling of calmness when they are looking for products to protect them from the nasty critters.

Eagle Creek - Magento Multi Currency / Multi Language - Geo Targeting Screen

This screen used Geo Targeting to locate the nearest dealer to a users location

iOS App - Over 10 Million Subscribers - Over 70 Million Images Uploaded via the App

the #1 wedding phont app on iOS and Android. We developed the full app, web application and android app. Has photo printing integrations, photo editing options and much more

Meta Sports - Magento Sporting Goods Brand Page

Brand Specific Pages improved click through conversion by over 20%

Meta Sports - Top Magento Sporting Goods e-Commerce Site

Large e-commerce store, multi language and multi-currency functionality. Magento Enterprise.

Web Development for Real Estate Agency

"I am very satisfied with Act Bold Media's work and I highly recommend them."

Act Bold Media Group created a website and online business image. They were also responsible for lead generation, SEO, website optimization, and listing properties.

CEO & Owner, Real Estate Agency

The website has receive multiple compliments and improved overall business. Act Bold Media Group is goal-oriented, efficient, focused, and serious. They are a personable, highly skilled team and successfully balance artistic flair with technical requirements like deadlines and cost-per-hour.

We are a real estate agency which has been in business for 7 years.

I am the owner and Chief Executive Officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Act Bold Media?

Anyone who agrees to a meeting will automatically google the other party, so we needed to have a professional image. This led to many other facets like lead generation, SEO [search engine optimization], website optimization, and listing properties.

They are essentially creating the public face for our company. Everyone uses the internet before they meet with someone new these days. We must look good online and on Google searches.

Act Bold Media built my website.

How did you come to work with Act Bold Media?

Act Bold Media was a friend to the community, in a sense. When the time came to use their services, I went through the process of checking out their website and references. I talked to Act Bold Media on a couple of occasions in order to make sure that we had a similar vision about the goal. Eventually, I came to hire them.

The total development cost was between $10,000 and 50,000. I'm planning to embark on the next phase using Act Bold Media's services, which will put me within the $50,000 to $200,000 price point. I am planning to make some tweaks to the site as well as engage in SEO.

The project has been completed. Act Bold Media's results have determined me to consider them for the next phase, which will include SEO and other related services.

I am very satisfied with Act Bold Media's work and I highly recommend them. I've received many compliments for our main website and it has helped overall business.

How did Act Bold Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They are goal-oriented, efficient, and lacking in drama. The last part was very important to me. I am in business and needed a website in order to make money, nothing more. I cannot deal with strong personalities or large egos.

What distinguishes Act Bold Media from other providers?

Act Bold Media is a very personable company. Act Bold Media has a team of artists, which is the beautiful aspect about them. I wanted my website to be a piece of art, and it was hard to find someone who had both artistic flair and could build the site without conflicts. Artists tend to live in a different type of world, one in which terms like deadlines and cost-per-hour are not a part of the vocabulary. I am guessing that the team at Act Bold Media is divided into artists and technical people who keep on top of goals.

Is there anything Act Bold Media could have improved or done differently?

No one is perfect, but Act Bold Media was great. There is nothing major that they can improve upon and I’m very happy.

I have given their name out and will continue to do so. I am ready to take the next step and use Act Bold Media for additional things.

Organic SEO Work for Property Management Firm

"They obtained some great results for us."

2013 - Ongoing

Act Bold Media Group manages the client’s online presence in multiple search engines and social media to improve ratings within the industry sector. They also provide SEO services.

CEO, Property Management Company

Act Bold Media Group improved the website’s rankings within 3 months, making it competitive with other large companies. Their work has also generated more clients, business, and revenue. The team is consistent, efficient, and transparent with monthly calls, good follow-up, and easy-to-read reports.

We are a property management and investment company. We acquire, manage, and operate buildings across Southern California.

I am the Chief Executive Officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Act Bold?

At the time, we were soliciting clients for third-party management. We wanted to grow that part of the business given that, aside from buying buildings, we could pick up other opportunities like managing family offices, apartment buildings, and so on, especially since we had the proper resources.

Act Bold was hired to enhance our appearance on Google and other search engines in order to get a higher rating within the property management sector. We didn't engage in pay-per-click advertising, but Act Bold managed our social media presence and provided SEO services.

How did you come to work with Act Bold?

I didn't go through an actual research process. Act Bold was recommended by a friend with whom I was talking about the SEO world. Before I knew it, I'd signed up with them.

The average yearly cost for Act Bold's services is around $40,000.

The relationship is ongoing. We've been working with Act Bold for at least three years.

We've been extremely satisfied with Act Bold so far. They obtained some great results for us.

We used to work with another company. I didn't know much about the SEO world, so we trusted their judgement. They didn't get very good results over a period of 2 years. With Act Bold, we came to rank alongside large companies in the field, in Los Angeles and Southern California within only 3 months. Not only did we rank higher, but the work translated into actual clients which are working with us to this day.

We haven't tracked metrics closely, but I have monthly calls with Act Bold in order to talk about ranking progress. The amount of business which we've generated as a result of their work has far exceeded the money we've invested in their services.

How did Act Bold perform from a project management standpoint?

They follow-up with us, they are consistent, and they give me nice progress reports which I can evaluate.

What distinguishes Act Bold from other providers?

Aside from results, I've also been happy with Act Bold's customer service. I'm a busy person, so I've appreciated the fact that the reports are easy to read. Act Bold's team know what they're doing and don't take up a lot of my time. I feel that I'm getting my money's worth.

Is there anything Act Bold could have improved or done differently?

No. There's nothing I could mention which Act Bold could have done better.

I have no criticisms in this regard.
    I recommend Act Bold all the time.

Web Development & Content Marketing for Advertising Agency

"Act Bold Media Group is definitely above par, compared to any other development company with which I've worked."

2011 - Ongoing

Act Bold Media Group partners to provide SEO and online marketing services. The team developed a website and provides content marketing.

Director of Digital Marketing, Online Audience Buying House

Act Bold Media Group consistently delivers high quality products that are ready to use from initial launch. They are responsive and maintain excellent communication while working on fast timelines. The team is constantly growing and offers a wide range of services in IT, CMS, and development.

We are an online audience buying house. We reach our clients' audience smarter through multiple programmatic technologies on all channels across display, mobile, video, social, and native.

I am the vice president of digital strategy and a managing partner in the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Act Bold Media Group?

They partner with us to provide SEO [search engine optimization] services and other content marketing work. We need them to assist with our online marketing efforts. We rely on online channels for many of our customers, so our goal is to acquire new clients.

Act Bold has helped us develop our website and provided content marketing for the company.

How did you come to work with Act Bold Media Group?

I found them through networking. I had been connected with Act Bold for a while and always used their services, either with my present company or previous ones.

The average yearly cost for their services is around $50,000.

We've been working together for the past five years [since 2011], during which time I've seen Act Bold grow. I have no plans to stop the collaboration.

Act Bold Media Group is definitely above par, compared to any other development company with which I've worked. Their quality assurance process was very quick, and the delivered product was always ready to go from the initial launch, which is very rare.

How did Act Bold Media Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Act Bold's timelines are very fast. I've never worked with a development company that was as responsive or quick in terms of delivering projects and maintaining communication.

What distinguishes Act Bold Media Group from other providers?

The different types of services that they offer within the IT [information technology] and development belts in terms of knowledge of different languages and CMSs [content management systems] have been helpful. I've worked with Act Bold on some major IT projects within my past positions.

Is there anything Act Bold Media Group could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything.

SEM for Car Dealership Service

"We believe wholeheartedly that Act Bold saved our online business."

Act Bold Media Group was enlisted to resolve black hat tactics employed by a previous vendor. They conducted a backlink analysis and detox, built high-quality links, and removed the client from unwanted sites.

Jesse Stopnitzky
Partner, Performance Brokerage Services

Act Bold Media Group successfully addressed the Google penalties and reinstated the website on the search engine. The website was down for 9 months but is now ranked in the 3rd position for keywords and receives 15 to 250 visits a day. The team is honest and trustworthy with high integrity.

Performance Brokerage Services Inc. specializes in buying and selling new car, Harley-Davidson, and powersports dealerships. We act as intermediaries and consultants to the dealer principal and the owners of the dealerships, facilitating transactions between buyers and sellers.

I am a partner in the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Act Bold Media Group?

We needed search engine optimization services, specifically a backlink detox. A website developer and optimizer initially built our website and helped establish us within Google rankings. We considered him trustworthy and worked with him for many years. He shared with us that he had a new tactic by which he could unseat any competitor, bringing us to number one.

One day, we found that we had disappeared from Google altogether. We could not find ourselves within rankings when searching for ourselves. We addressed this with him, but he was unresponsive. After a couple of weeks of him being unreachable, we decided to hire someone else.

We found another vendor through Elance. He built poor-quality backlinks through classified sections, reviews and things of that nature. He also engaged in money keyword anchoring text, namely hyperlinking the words "dealership broker" within texts, rather than creating links out of our company name or website directly. We still didn't appear on Google and hadn't heard from our original vendor.

Act Bold provided SEO [search engine optimization] services for us, focusing on our backlinks. There was no pay-per-click or social media marketing involved in our scope.

After contacting Act Bold, they notified me that we'd most likely been penalized by Google. There was an update that came up a few years ago which had to do with backlink profiles. They said that we'd been participating in black hat tactics. We had no idea about this and suspected that one of our competitors maliciously harmed our rankings by subscribing to something of this sort. We vouched for the integrity of our original website developer, even though we hadn't heard from him for months, at that point. There was no way that he'd do such a thing in our minds, but it turned out that Act Bold were right all along.

During the course of 90 days, we launched a link detox campaign with them. They conducted a thorough analysis of our backlink profile, proving to us that there was, in fact, malicious activity that caused the drop in rankings. They went through the appropriate steps in requesting to be removed from the unwanted sites, communicating with administrators. They also built high-quality links, at the same time, in order to neutralize the damage done.

How did you come to work with Act Bold Media Group?

I found them through a Google search. We were desperate to get the work started and take off the penalty so we rushed into the engagement, which was a smart decision.

The annual cost of their services has been between $10,000 and 50,000.

We stopped our work for now because we do not have a need to invest in SEO. There's not much competition in our sector. Only a few of our already small number of competitors are legitimate enough to invest in SEO, so it wouldn't be a priority for us either. We're comfortable in remaining in the number three or four spots. The only issue at hand was getting us back into Google, specifically within the first results. Act Bold were successful in doing so.

Speaking to them about their future efforts, they told us that we really don't need their services. It could be a good thing to have, but it would not justify the expense, in light of the fact that we don't have much competition. If we wanted to become number one, they could have continued our efforts but, if we're happy being the third or fourth result in Google, there's nothing else that needs to be done.

Periodically, we build a couple of good links and engage in some sponsored reviews but, besides this, it wouldn't make sense to do more. I'm confident that we're going to remain where we are because we have no reason to slip.

We went from being non-existent for close to nine months, starting from May 2013, to now being ranked within the third or fourth position for all of our necessary keywords. We believe wholeheartedly that Act Bold saved our online business and that, without them, we could have simply run out of business.

We were invisible online, had no answers, and went through another vendor who exacerbated the problem by building poor-quality links. The only online presence we have now is solely due to Act Bold's work.

We're not an e-commerce business, so we don't keep track of regular sales or any other metrics for their success. In terms of hits generated organically for our website, the increase goes beyond any measurable percentage. We essentially had zero hits before working with Act Bold. After they took over, we went to having between 15 and 250 visits a day, ranging depending on our marketing efforts as well.

What distinguishes Act Bold Media Group from other providers?

One of the things that I appreciate most about Act Bold is their honesty, transparency, and integrity. In this sector, when the client knows little to nothing about a space, the expert needs to be trustworthy, honest, and transparent about their work and activity. The main thing that sets Act Bold apart from large firms is the amount of budget that they allocate toward actual marketing efforts. They keep much less of their income as profit, compared to their competitors, and have always been very transparent about how the money is spent.

Is there anything Act Bold Media Group could have improved or done differently?

No, there isn't. The most important aspects about a service like this are that it needs to be affordable, suited to the client and transparent. We need to have an understanding of their regular activity flow – what's happening behind the scenes. There needs to be open and frequent communication. Act Bold have done all of those things so, in terms of what I was looking for, they've accomplished our business goal of getting us back onto Google. Their communication along the way was great, and their pricing was affordable.

Overall Score If I ever need any SEO or digital services in the future, Act Bold will be my first and only phone call.
    There is no price for getting back on Google results after being kicked out. We would have paid anything, and Act Bold happened to be a fraction of our expected costs.

Digital Marketing for e-Commerce Retailer

"We're satisfied with the company and our experience."

2013 - Ongoing

Act Bold Media Group serves as a full digital agency to operate PPC management, SEO, and web programming to reach higher organic search rankings.

Owner, eCommerce Retailer

Act Bold Media Group offers a responsive, personal, and hands-on approach without the typical corporate bureaucracy. They maintain excellent communication, often providing an immediate response, and work diligently to produce the necessary results.

We run an e-commerce pearl jewelry website.

I am the president of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Act Bold Media Group?

Act Bold's work is helping us reach a higher organic ranking within search engines.

We've utilized them for three initiatives: pay-per-click management, SEO [search engine optimization], and web programming. They've acted as a full digital agency for us.

How did you come to work with Act Bold Media Group?

We were referred to them by someone. We liked the fact that Act Bold was a local company and would be responsive during our collaboration.

Our annual budget is between $50,000 and $200,000.

We've been working with them for three years.

Overall, we're satisfied with the company and our experience.

How did Act Bold Media Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They're a very hands-on company. Act Bold are very responsive, without having a lot of the corporate bureaucracy that is typically associated with this type of work.

What distinguishes Act Bold Media Group from other providers?

We can pick up a phone or Skype someone and get an immediate response. They've been very beneficial to us from that standpoint. They work diligently in order to get us the necessary results.

Is there anything Act Bold Media Group could have improved or done differently?

We've had challenges regarding SEO ranking at certain times. It's hard to know how much this is related to their work vs. overall macroeconomic aspects. Every relationship has its challenges.

Digital Marketing for Niche Retail Website

"Act Bold was much more successful than other agencies we had worked with in the past."

2014 - Ongoing

Act Bold Media Group began the engagement with social media, SEO, and PPC services to increase sales. The team completed a major web development project with 90% new content and assists with digital marketing.

Denver Metro Area
Director of Marketing, Retail Business

Act Bold Media Group’s PPC work increased seasonal sales by 400%, and the growth has been sustained for two years. The team is responsive, well organized, and attentive to details in order to produce the best results. They also provide top-notch blogging resources to find the target customer.

We began as a brick-and-mortar retail store in Denver, Colorado, but decided to shift our focus to online retail.

We needed online exposure. We are a seasonal business, so being ready for the key four-month period is vital to annual sales. We looked at social media and other online channels like SEO [search engine optimization] and PPC [pay per click] to gain sales.

We have worked with them for almost two years and are now growing into web development. They did a major web development project with 90 percent new content and new pages. They did digital marketing – mostly new web development. SEO, PPC, and web development were the main initiatives.

What were the results of your work with the Act Bold Media Group?

Act Bold was much more successful than other agencies we had worked with in the past. Their work quickly increased our seasonal sales, which went up primarily because of PPC almost 400 percent. Those sales have held steady for a second year, which is still excellent. We would like to see sales continue to grow in 2016, but the new growth rate is great.

What distinguishes Act Bold from other providers?

Their team is responsive and is great for blogging. They have great bloggers and find the target customer. They are well organized and pay attention to details in order to get the best results.

What advice would you give future clients of the Act Bold Media Group?

Follow the work of Act Bold closely and stay organized. They provide new clients with lots of information – which is good – but clients must be on their toes to monitor the amount of work Act Bold is doing. They also get the most expensive top bloggers.

SEM for Wedding Startup

"They're very knowledgeable in terms of PPC and SEO management."

2015 - Ongoing

Act Bold Media Group assisted with SEO, web development, and a PPC campaign for an existing website to increase traffic and conversions. The PPC campaign has since ended but the team continues SEO work.

CEO & Founder, Wedding Startup

Act Bold Media Group improved the ranking of all targeted keywords. They are a small, knowledgeable boutique company that delivers rapid and transparent results at a competitive price. The team provides personalized service and ensures that senior managers are accessible and available.

We are an online photo sharing service built to aggregate photos from the attendees of any group or shared event, focusing primarily on the weddings industry.

I'm the Chief Executive Officer and founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Act Bold?

We needed help in driving more traffic to our site and gaining more conversions. In other words, we wanted to grow our business.

Act Bold worked on our site's SEO, PPC [pay-per-click] campaign, and web development.

How did you come to work with Act Bold?

They were a local company, and I'd known Edo Cohen for a long time. As a responsible business person, I did my diligence in contacting a couple of other big firms, from which we received proposals. Ultimately, I liked that Act Bold was a small, boutique firm. I could talk directly with their partners instead of getting a junior account manager assigned to us, and they were much cheaper than their larger competitors. I was also impressed with their knowledge during our first meeting, when they went over their strategy.

The total cost for their work was between $10-50,000.

We worked with them throughout 2015. They're still involved in our SEO work, but we've gotten away from PPC advertising.

I was satisfied with Act Bold. I enjoyed being able to talk to both Edo Cohen and Eitan Zimerman, the partners within Act Bold. They're very knowledgeable in terms of PPC and SEO management. We had an initial meeting in which we talked about our business. They came up with targeted keywords that they wanted to go after. We saw movement quickly. Results are usually visible within a couple of months, and they were upfront about this. Organic search rankings don't change overnight; they require consistent effort over several months. We rose in rank for every one of the keywords targeted.

We never quite figured out a good PPC strategy. It was mainly due to the fact that we were targeting brides, which is an expensive segment to market because of the heavy competition. Clients spend a lot of money for weddings, which also drives the price of keywords higher. The campaign wasn't unsuccessful, but we never got it to a point where we could pay a low-enough number to integrate PPC into our monetization scheme.

We are a traffic-based business, so we need to keep every user that comes to us. An increase in sign-ups to our site equaled an increase in revenue.

How did Act Bold perform from a project management standpoint?

I like that they're a small company that takes care of its customers. Their senior partners are always available for conference calls.

What distinguishes Act Bold from other providers?

I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking to work with a small boutique that can offer personalized attention.

Is there anything Act Bold could have improved or done differently?

When we were working on web development with them, we also needed help on backend and mobile tasks. They didn't have those resources at that time. This is possibly something they've improved upon since then. The drawback of using a smaller, boutique shop is that they might not be able to do everything a client requires, whereas a big agency can refer their clients to specific groups for whatever their needs may be.

They were always very clear about how long our work would take, and we didn't have any timeline issues.
    Cost was a major factor in choosing to work with Act Bold.

SEM for Sheet Music Firm

"Our collaboration with Act Bold Media Group has been great so far."

Act Bold Media Group focuses solely on organic SEO to increase Internet visibility. They provide page management, strategy, link quality improvement, press releases, sponsored articles, and infographics.

Austin Metro Area
Director of Marketing, Sheet Music Company

Act Bold Media Group employs sound overall strategy and industry best practices for website optimization. They compiled a list of items to fix, made all necessary changes, and have published several articles. The team is open to conversation and provides excellent communication with biweekly calls.

We are an online retailer and publisher of sheet music. You could think of us as the iTunes of sheet music, with a multitude of products within our small niche.

I am the chief marketing officer and a member of the executive committee. I'm part of all strategic decisions within the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Act Bold Media Group?

We're trying to drive new customer acquisition and awareness through a higher visibility in search results. Much of our traffic comes through natural Google searches. It's our biggest customer acquisition channel, and we're trying to expand it. It has actually been shrinking considerably in the past year, so we want to optimize it.

Act Bold focuses entirely on organic SEO [search engine optimization] through not only page management, but also decisions in strategy, improving our link quality, press releases, sponsored articles, infographics, and so on. We're doing onsite work, but are also trying to increase our visibility on the Internet in general.

How did you come to work with Act Bold Media Group?

They were present at a trade show that we attended. I talked to some of their team, and they showed good knowledge of their field. Other companies I approached never presented a good overall strategy. Act Bold didn't exhibit any of the typical sketchy, black hat trends. They focused on the best practices of how sites should be optimized.

Our annual cost is expected to be less than $50,000.

The work is ongoing. We first engaged with them around three years ago. Our first project was a short-term engagement consisting of an audit. It went well, and we decided to expand our relationship to a full-year engagement. Our collaboration started again in January 2016.

Our collaboration with Act Bold Media Group has been great so far. They've already made a list of items we need to fix and made the necessary changes on our site, eliminating duplicate content, tags, and so on. They've published a number of articles and are working on a press release and infographic for our company.

It's too early to see any meaningful results but, as far as fall-through and being done with everything we need, they've been fantastic. We have biweekly calls. Their communication and scheduling skills are excellent.

How did Act Bold Media Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They're open to conversation and work closely with our marketing team and communications manager in order to make sure that everything matches the voice we want to have.

What distinguishes Act Bold Media Group from other providers?

We've had a great relationship the first time around, and I'm happy that we were able to engage them for a long-term project.

Is there anything Act Bold Media Group could have improved or done differently?

No, there isn't. We'll be able to get some great things done. We may have a better idea of things to improve six months from now but, right now, the relationship is fantastic.

Web Development & SEO for Property Management Firm

"Act Bold tries to understand our goals for each site and adapt the page to them."

2013 - Ongoing

Act Bold Media Group provides a variety of services including custom website building and maintenance, SEO, AdWords campaigns, PPC campaign management, and social media marketing.

Denver Metro Area
Vice President & Partner, Property Management Firm

Since Act Bold Media Group’s involvement, inquiries have increased tenfold, leasing has increased 200%, and keywords appear on the first page of search results. They are proactive in identifying and resolving website issues, offer a high level of customization, and provide valuable recommendations.

We are a real estate development and property management services company. We focus on commercial properties, office towers, multifamily apartment buildings, hospitality development, restaurants, and retail shops. We are unique in that we develop assets and manage them, so we are not a seller. We have an investment group with no intentions of selling assets, but rather focus on making long-term investments through them. Aside from a few other one-off projects, we work within four main markets: Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, and Pittsburgh.

I am the vice president and a partner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Act Bold Media Group?

We own many multifamily apartment buildings. The leasing of those apartments is done primarily online. If someone's searching for a downtown apartment in Denver, we want to make sure that we're found. Act Bold has overseen this for us.

They've done a variety of work for us, including building custom websites. Our primary ongoing relationship is focused on SEO [search engine optimization] and maintaining those websites, making sure that we show up high on search requests. They focus on AdWords for different programs and manage our Internet-based business overall.

They've set us up to run our own social media profiles. We have a director of marketing who is in charge of this area. Act Bold guided us in terms of integrating that content into our website and making sure that what we're doing on those sites is showing up and helping us from an SEO point of view. They've also managed pay-per-click campaigns for us.

Our web development work is ad-hoc. We build new websites whenever we start a new project. Act Bold have built a number of websites for us, ranging from custom solutions to template-based ones, depending on each page's importance and how much money we wanted to spend on it.

How did you come to work with Act Bold Media Group?

We were working with a local group in Denver. We weren't happy with them. Our team doesn't have IT [information technology] expertise, so our understanding of website development and SEO is limited. We were paying that company a lot of money without seeing real results.

We started looking at different agencies nationally, in order to understand who would be the right partner for us. Act Bold seemed to integrate a few different aspects: they have their own heat map technology for quickly identifying when something goes wrong with our website. This meant that we wouldn't have to let them know ourselves when something wouldn't work. Even before we noticed it, they would proactively let us know that something needed fixing. They were very good at explaining to us why different programs were important, and what value there would be in them. Act Bold has made many proactive recommendations and have spent a lot of time educating us, which was important as we were not a part of that industry.

Each one of our websites is built on a separate contract. SEO contracts are handled by the properties themselves, so we don't have one clear contract that covers everything. All of this work combined, based on an estimated one website build per year, plus maintenance and SEO, would reach approximately $100,000 annually.

It can vary as last year we've built a website that had a $50,000 cost just for development. On other years, we build websites for as low as $5,000. Overall, we fit within a $50,000 to 200,000 range.

We've been working with them for about three years. We have an ongoing relationship.

Our search result rankings have gotten better. Act Bold explained the process to us and gave us recommendations for each site they manage. They're budget-conscious, trying not to spend money where it's not necessary. They give us the optimal SEO investment range for each site individually. Act Bold tries to understand our goals for each site and adapt the page to them.

I'm very satisfied with their work and appreciative of the fact that they don't have a standard model but, rather, customizes their services.

Our stats vary depending on the website but, as an example, we have a luxury apartment building in Denver called The Sugar Cube. sugarcubebuilding.com is its domain name. Before we engaged with Act Bold, if someone searched for "luxury apartments" or other relevant keywords, we couldn't be found. We were within eight pages of results in Google. Now, when searching for "luxury apartments Denver," we come up at the top. It was a huge success on search results, which had an immediate impact on our leasing.

Inquiries have gone up tenfold since Act Bold has been involved and leasing has gone up 200 percent. We have limited apartments so, for many of the inquiries, we may not even have something available. I gauge our success on the inquiry numbers themselves.

How did Act Bold Media Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Their key people are always available to talk. I didn't get sold on to the contract by them, only to be stuck with an account manager that I'd never met. Even though they have a robust team, I can always call their partners and ask questions.

What distinguishes Act Bold Media Group from other providers?

They have a high level of customization. When we were searching for an SEO partner, many big companies gave us one-size-fits-all types of programs. We realized that many of our sites aren't compatible with such a model. Act Bold listened to us and understood what each site was meant for, coming up with plans that were specific to each site. I didn't have to justify spending $2,000 on a less important site as a result.

Another thing that I've appreciated about Act Bold is that they spent the time to educate us. They've explained what our campaigns imply, made recommendations and follow-ups, showing how the results have made an impact. Before, we would spend money on SEO without knowing what it was going toward. Act Bold has been patient and answered any questions we had. They're very helpful and have a personal approach.

Is there anything Act Bold Media Group could have improved or done differently?

When we first started working with them, there was a struggle period because of a lack of consistency in their reporting. Although the information was available for me to pull up, I didn't get a report every month. I told them that I would like to know how we're doing on a monthly basis. I wasn't happy with their initial reporting style, but they've since customized their format for us. It's not something that they need to work on because they've improved this aspect significantly. I would have to dig deep in order to find something bad about them.