Get IT Done

More then 14 year exp with expertise in Wordpress (Member of WordPress Experts group) , XHTML, e-commerce, Codeigniter, custom web solutions, payment gateways.

2006

Romsons

Ganga international

Rechner infosystems

Multiple Web Design Projects for Design Firm

"With Marcus and Ace Creative, I’ve never been let down in terms of delivery on time."

2007 - Ongoing

Ace Creative worked with a web design firm who outsourced complex design projects to them. They operated predominantly with Wordpress and custom PHP design.

Dublin, Ireland
Keith Kingston
CEO, Ripthek

The firm’s clients have been impressed with the usability of the site, and a few have been recommended for design awards based on Ace Creative’s work. Responsive communication and a willingness to problem-solve has led to a strong relationship between the companies for over 10 years.

We are a small web design agency established 10 years ago. I’m the CEO and founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ace Creative?

At the time, we were taking on new projects and didn’t have the expertise in-house to fulfill the development requirements. The idea was to outsource that work to allow us to fulfill our projects. Ace Creative happened to be a good fit for what we were doing.

They developed web design projects, largely brochure style websites, for other clients. Some of them were more graphics and logo related, but it was generally new website design in custom PHP and WordPress. We only focused on web design because search engine optimization has developed so much over the years that I haven’t kept up to speed on what the latest requirements are. By default, when we build a site, we would do the basics to make it SEO friendly by making sure we had good quality content on it for on-page optimization. We didn’t do pay-per-click or anything more involved in terms of SEO.

An example of a website Ace Creative designed was an outdoor living e-commerce company. They had quite complex requirements in terms of the range of products, shipping configurations, and other added-on services they provided in-house. This is a project that they would have worked extensively over the years, and the client is very happy with it.

How did you come to work with Ace Creative?

It was through Upwork. I posted my job requirements, and they came back and bid on the work. I was impressed with Marcus in terms of his ability to communicate, taking my basic requirements, and fleshing them out into something more substantial. They were very proactive in being able to see what the requirements were, ask the right questions, and come up with a concept for me.

How much have you invested with Ace Creative?

At the very start, we would get a fixed price for the project, but we now work off a flat hourly rate. It’s gotten to the point where I trust them in terms of logging in hours and on the output for those hours. Give or take, the margins are the same on projects where I can, in turn, charge an hourly rate to my clients. They have definitely been on the affordable side, which obviously has been an advantage to me as well. In the economy that we’re dealing with in, price is always a factor.

I started working with them 10 years ago. I had worked with other companies around the same time, but I stuck with Ace Creative. Over time, I ended up giving them more and more work just because of their reliability factor and the fact that their communication skills seem to be far superior than the other companies I worked with. The work is ongoing as they’re the company I still go to for my design work. Where possible, I outsource everything to them.

From a purely elementary level, the designs have been impressive. All clients that we’ve had are generally impressed with the quality of the work that Ace Creative does. Results have been very much based on the design, look, and feel. There have been one or two clients that have won awards or been highly recommended on awards based on their website design and functionality.

How did Ace Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

This has been the main reason why I’ve stuck with them. There have been times where things have been quite tight to get something through—I can agree timelines in advance with them, and they are able to stick to those. Their communication, either through Skype or phone calls, has been very responsive. Even out of hours, they will answer queries. From my point of view, it takes all that stress from not knowing with another client whether the project will be delivered on time. With Marcus and Ace Creative, I’ve never been let down in terms of delivery on time.

What did you most impressive about Ace Creative?

They’ve been very fair to deal with over the past 10 years. I can’t say I have that same relationship with projects I’ve outsourced with other freelancers since I haven’t built that sort of relationship with anybody else. They always seem to be willing to try all options to get a solution. I will often come to them with something that’s not very straightforward, and they’ll always be upfront and honest when giving all options to me. It’s always been able to be done within a certain budget that’s very acceptable, and the quality of the work has always been good.

Are there any areas Ace Creative could improve?

Initially, when they said let’s work at an hourly rate, that made me a bit uneasy at the very start because you want to keep a very tight control of your budget. However, it’s given them the flexibility to be able to work through problems and come up with the right solutions. I don’t see that as a negative now. I don’t think there’s anything that stands out that I would say I wish they did that. To be honest, they’ve been the kind that I can approach and ask them to do something a certain way or use a different system for reporting on projects. They’ve been good and flexible on that.

I really have no problem with the value.
    The only disadvantage is it’s a slightly different time zone. I don’t personally find that negative because they’re good at out of hours. However, somebody may be left more comfortable with dealing with someone in their own time zone.